Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 07:40 PM
LIKELY his last home stand anyway.
No Dipo tonight

gts
01-31-2015, 08:08 PM
LIKELY his last home stand anyway.
No Dipo tonight

You really think they'll fire him mid season? Smart move would be to wait until the summer... Orlando isn't built to make any noise in the playoffs and the team is so young a change in system is'n't going to pay immediate dividends

it's not like you have a bunch of vets underperforming, this is a young team and we're not sure if they're underperforming or they're just not that good

outbreak
01-31-2015, 08:10 PM
You really think they'll fire him mid season? Smart move would be to wait until the summer... Orlando isn't built to make any noise in the playoffs and the team is so young a change in system is'n't going to pay immediate dividends

it's not like you have a bunch of vets underperforming, this is a young team and we're not sure if they're underperforming or they're just not that good
There's rumours that the front office is angry he isn't playing some of the young guys enough and want to send a message. They would promote a temporary coach until the off season. Vaughn doesn't really even have a system in place

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 08:10 PM

They are underperforming. That is a fact. JV NEEDS to be fired to make a statement.

PleezeBehave
01-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Elfrid Payton running on O, Rondon defending him. Rondo steps on Paytons shoe and rolls his ankle it seems, falling to the floor only for Richard Jefferson, who's running in the opposite direction to Rondo, to ram his knee hard to Rondo's snout.

Blood on the court, people.

outbreak
01-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Interesting that Harkless has checking early after a bunch of DNP's. Could be truth to him being a big part of the issue with Vaughn and Hennigan

gts
01-31-2015, 08:34 PM
They are underperforming. That is a fact. JV NEEDS to be fired to make a statement.

We'll see. i'm big on waiting to the off season.. i think you get better coaching hires when you wait.. you fire him now and the next guy looks at it and wonders how much room for failure he'll get, whereas you wait until summer the next guy can look at it and see they at least gave the last guy a fair chance chance

he's been there what? 2+ seasons now with an ever evolving roster... i'd let him finish this season out then go for a change

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 08:40 PM
We'll see. i'm big on waiting to the off season.. i think you get better coaching hires when you wait.. you fire him now and the next guy looks at it and wonders how much room for failure he'll get, whereas you wait until summer the next guy can look at it and see they at least gave the last guy a fair chance chance

he's been there what? 2+ seasons now with an ever evolving roster... i'd let him finish this season out then go for a change
No. Fire him and let the interim coach coach the rest of the season. You fire JV and send a message.

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 08:50 PM
So does management think this Magics' roster could make the playoffs if they had a new coach at the start of the season? I personally think they should tank on purpose, grab a top 5 pick, and then see what this team is capable of. Right now, they're one of the worst teams on offense and defense. Also, almost nobody honestly expected the Magic to be a playoffs contender before the season began so I'm not sure what people are implying by saying the Magic are underperforming.

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 08:54 PM
So does management think this Magics' roster could make the playoffs if they had a new coach at the start of the season? I personally think they should tank on purpose, grab a top 5 pick, and then see what this team is capable of. Right now, they're one of the worst teams on offense and defense. Also, almost nobody honestly expected the Magic to be a playoffs contender before the season began so I'm not sure what people are implying by saying the Magic are underperforming.
4 coaches have said this is a better team than they're showing. They are damaging development by doing what they're doing right now.

outbreak
01-31-2015, 08:55 PM

They are about where I expected although some of our guys are further a long than I thought they'd be. Vaughn was never going to be the coach we had while contending in my opinion and I think management always planned that. The reason he could go mid season is more likely due to the rumoured rift between him and hennigan regarding how is he handling our young players and supposedly refusing to play some of them. I doubt it'd a mid season hire though, the rumours were we would promote an assistant until the offseason and then hire a new coach with the aim to win going forward. Honestly though Vaughn doesn't run a set system and has been chopping and changing all year, a new experienced coach would be able to easily get more wins out of this line up and in the east should make the 7th or 8th seed but they still aren't more than a first round knock out.

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 09:11 PM
4 coaches have said this is a better team than they're showing. They are damaging development by doing what they're doing right now.

The Magic might play better under, say, George Karl but they're still not good enough to do anything in the playoffs, even if they were able to make it somehow. They're not that good of a team, so they should honestly just tank.

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 09:12 PM
The Magic might play better under, say, George Karl but they're still not good enough to do anything in the playoffs, even if they were able to make it somehow. They're not that good of a team, so they should honestly just tank.
Dumb post. Not responding to you again.

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 09:13 PM
DeVos in attendance again. He and Martins were at the last home game and they were pissed. They were 2-3 rows behind the bench too. JV is gone tonight.

outbreak
01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
DeVos in attendance again. He and Martins were at the last home game and they were pissed. They were 2-3 rows behind the bench too. JV is gone tonight.
Nah they will wait until after the road trip which is 2 more games. No point promoting a new coach on a road trip to OKC and San Antonio.

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
They are about where I expected although some of our guys are further a long than I thought they'd be. Vaughn was never going to be the coach we had while contending in my opinion and I think management always planned that. The reason he could go mid season is more likely due to the rumoured rift between him and hennigan regarding how is he handling our young players and supposedly refusing to play some of them. I doubt it'd a mid season hire though, the rumours were we would promote an assistant until the offseason and then hire a new coach with the aim to win going forward. Honestly though Vaughn doesn't run a set system and has been chopping and changing all year, a new experienced coach would be able to easily get more wins out of this line up and in the east should make the 7th or 8th seed but they still aren't more than a first round knock out.

I honestly don't think a mid-season coaching change is going to get the Magic into the playoffs. I think even if they had a new coach at the beginning of the season, they'd still be lucky to make the playoffs, especially since they're not better than a healthy Heat or Hornets team.

outbreak
01-31-2015, 09:18 PM
I honestly don't think a mid-season coaching change is going to get the Magic into the playoffs. I think even if they had a new coach at the beginning of the season, they'd still be lucky to make the playoffs, especially since they're not better than a healthy Heat or Hornets team.
they aren't going for the play offs this year. Next year is when i think they make the play offs. a mid season change just has to do with vaughn and the management not getting along and one reason is rumoured to be how he is treating some of our young guys so a mid season change makes sense

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Dumb post. Not responding to you again.

Says the guy who thinks the Magic should fire their coach mid-season to make a statement.

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 09:21 PM
Says the guy who thinks the Magic should fire their coach mid-season to make a statement.
Yes dumbass. That's what they will be doing. Don't talk about this team when you don't ****ing watch them retard.

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 09:22 PM
they aren't going for the play offs this year. Next year is when i think they make the play offs. a mid season change just has to do with vaughn and the management not getting along and one reason is rumoured to be how he is treating some of our young guys so a mid season change makes sense

:cheers:

I just think a better option is to talk to Vaughn about playing the younger players more and wait until the end of this season to hire a new coach.

outbreak
01-31-2015, 09:22 PM
They should as the statement is about how he is using rotations that our management are telling him not to.

supernova5912
01-31-2015, 09:25 PM
Yes dumbass. That's what they will be doing. Don't talk about this team when you don't ****ing watch them retard.

That's not the best move though. They should wait until the offseason. I'm watching them shoot 37% and already losing by 25 at the half. :roll:

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 09:28 PM
That's not the best move though. They should wait until the offseason. I'm watching them shoot 37% and already losing by 25 at the half. :roll:
That's why I put you in the red bud. Keep sucking my dick.

gts
01-31-2015, 10:09 PM
Mavs 25 point lead down to 8 with 6 minutes left in the game

edit: down to 5, total Dallas collapse mode activated

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Now down to 5. This is ****ing hilarious.

gts
01-31-2015, 10:16 PM
Not watching the game.. Rondo has only played 2 minutes? what happned?

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Not watching the game.. Rondo has only played 2 minutes? what happned?
got kneed in the face by his own teammate.

gts
01-31-2015, 10:19 PM
got kneed in the face by his own teammate.ouch

Ariza4three
01-31-2015, 10:22 PM
got kneed in the face by his own teammate.
Smh. JV with another icing of Aaron Gordon. Dude is making sure he's fired.