PDA

View Full Version : what if Durant had Pjax....

ralph_i_el
01-19-2015, 02:28 AM
And MJ had Scottie Brooks as his coach? How differently would we view Durant and MJ as players?

navy
01-19-2015, 02:30 AM
As players? They would be the same.

russwest0
01-19-2015, 02:31 AM
Durant in the triangle......

Wow, thats scary to even think about, he would dominate so much...

SillyRabbit
01-19-2015, 02:45 AM
Jordan wouldn't be considered the consensus best of all time (serious).

He'd be top 3-5, but guys like KAJ, Wilt, etc would have legitimate arguments against him.

Durant would be a guaranteed top 10 player of all time with a fighting chance at top 5.

People seriously underestimate the value of a good coach.

deja vu
01-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Only if Durant was born earlier.

Fudge
01-19-2015, 03:21 AM
Durant would be the GOAT human being, never mind athlete.

COnDEMnED
01-19-2015, 04:01 AM
One we know dominated in the triangle, the other we assume would also dominate in the triangle. Hard to tell without seeing it unfold, but no doubt Durant has success in the triangle with Phil.

TheBigVeto
01-19-2015, 05:00 AM
MJ would still win rings as he carried PJax.

Durant may still not win anything.

Joyner82reload
01-19-2015, 05:12 AM
Durant would probably be viewed as a deity throughout the world

3ball
01-19-2015, 05:22 AM
Durant's a guy whose offense could fit into the triangle well.. but he'll never have the power Jordan had inside, his defense, or the ability to seize leadership of the team.

j3lademaster
01-19-2015, 01:17 PM
I have a hard time not seeing MJ win at least 4 with say... Doug Collins after the emergence of Pippen. Yeah, he went 1-9 without Phil and Pipp; but the 80's east is the toughest conference of all time.

Trollsmasher
01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Durant's basketball IQ is too low to profit from a better coach.

Ringless Jordan would probably quit on basketball at the age of 30 for good with Brooks.

PsychoBe
01-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Ringless Jordan would probably quit on basketball at the age of 30 for good with Brooks.

for some reason i can see this actually happening :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

La Frescobaldi
01-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Jordan wouldn't be considered the consensus best of all time (serious).

He'd be top 3-5, but guys like KAJ, Wilt, etc would have legitimate arguments against him.

Durant would be a guaranteed top 10 player of all time with a fighting chance at top 5.

People seriously underestimate the value of a good coach.
They both have legitimate arguments against him now and always did. Silly rabbit.

La Frescobaldi
01-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Durant's a guy whose offense could fit into the triangle well.. but he'll never have the power Jordan had inside, his defense, or the ability to seize leadership of the team.

KD is a better one-on-one scorer than Jordan ever was. Other than that you are correct on this, and only this, post.

ralph_i_el
01-19-2015, 02:24 PM

Aren't Low IQ players the ones who benefit most from a great coach?
I wouldn't describe Durant as a low IQ player. It's weak compared to his other skills, but I definitely think he'd benefit from a good coach.

Brooks would have had Jordan and Pippen playing one on one and trying to get by on talent alone.

Imagine how beautiful a triangle run with Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka could be if they all bought in?

Also, I made this thread last night when I was shitfaced and in a trolly mood, and totally forgot about it until this morning. Pleasantly surprised with the results.

MavsSuperFan
01-19-2015, 03:34 PM
not much different. Talent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coaching.

Basketball is a lot more player focused than either baseball or football, meaning coaches are a lot less important.

dunksby
01-19-2015, 03:38 PM
not much different. Talent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coaching.

Basketball is a lot more player focused than either baseball or football, meaning coaches are a lot less important.
Actually it's rare when a team with the worse coaching staff wins the finals.