PDA

View Full Version : Why was Lebron on the OSU sideline?

jayfan
01-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Did he go to OSU?

Isn't he hurt?

Isn't his team traveling to Phoenix for a game Tuesday?

:facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
01-13-2015, 07:39 AM
He clearly does whatever he wants so the answer would be, "because he felt like it."

SouBeachTalents
01-13-2015, 07:56 AM
To make OP mad

JohnMax
01-13-2015, 07:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2tx16EC.jpg

SouBeachTalents
01-13-2015, 08:19 AM

Lol, that was very clever, however, that pic was taken at an Oregon game a few years back

http://media.oregonlive.com/ducks_impact/photo/autzenjpg-faefbe98834c49a5.jpg

lilteapot
01-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Nobody said he had a debilitating back injury, he just had knee and back strains. Smarten up

jayfan
01-13-2015, 09:11 AM
All these Bran apologists. Funny. Just a ridiculous, unprofessional, grandstanding move by him. And not at all surprising.

Lebron23
01-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Why do you care?? Tell Kobe to play against the Cavaliers this coming January 16.

Le Shaqtus
01-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Would make sense for him to be at that game, he may be a front runner most of the time but he is actually from Ohio :lol

BuffaloBill
01-13-2015, 09:18 AM
He's just taking a break. Resting up

AirFederer
01-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Here he is!
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3352467/lebron-dancing-hatersss-o.gif

He looks fine to me :lol

Marchesk
01-13-2015, 09:35 AM
That must have been after he visited South Beach

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1043616/WADE_medium.gif

Nash
01-13-2015, 09:36 AM
why not, dude is rich, he could buy you OP if he wanted to.

edrick
01-13-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm guessing to watch the game in person? Does it matter if he's hurt or not? I wasn't aware he had to suit up and play in the game or some shit.

AirFederer
01-13-2015, 09:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXjNkFvZcaw

beastee
01-13-2015, 10:15 AM
He would have went to Ohio state in sure. But decided making the fat cash was the right path. Why can't players have lives?

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 10:16 AM
He would have went to Ohio state in sure. But decided making the fat cash was the right path. Why can't players have lives?
Because OP doesn't have one.

CelticBaller
01-13-2015, 10:32 AM
he almost played football at OSU :confusedshrug:

lilteapot
01-13-2015, 10:43 AM
he almost played football at OSU :confusedshrug:
I'd say he made the right decision

GOBB
01-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Because Lebron is the ultimate front runner. That's a fact

tomtucker
01-13-2015, 03:28 PM
so now that ohio has that championship, lebron might as well leave....mission accomplished

Doranku
01-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Why can't this idiot be a fan of another school? Why does it have to be my school? :facepalm

Pretty amusing that the dude is just taking an extended vacation for no real reason as his team plummets in the standings. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 04:26 PM
I honestly wished Kobe, and LeBron both would've went to college for 2 years a pop.

The late 90's through 2000s with all the HS, and one / done players is why the interest in that version of the sport dropped off so much. No more superstar players in the system.

Would've loved to have seen Kobe go to Duke for '97, and '98. And LeBron to Ohio State for 2004, and 2006. Better for both of them in terms of basketball IQ, skill set and maturing. We could've seen a couple years of this from both of them:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec7908a93afce9920aec5734f7f63392/tumblr_mjw5q62Zt71qkfzdlo1_1280.jpg

lilteapot
01-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Why can't this idiot be a fan of another school? Why does it have to be my school? :facepalm

Pretty amusing that the dude is just taking an extended vacation for no real reason as his team plummets in the standings. :oldlol:
Do you even live in Ohio?

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Do you even live in Ohio?

Yes he does

They Won
He obviously went there so he can finally see a championship in Ohio.

russwest0

Dude is a yankees and a cowboys fan as well :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 04:31 PM
He grew up a bandwagoner of the 90s power houses. Pretty sure he admitted he rooted for the Dynasty Bulls ... while living in arch nemesis land of Cleveland, Ohio. The guy takes the easy route in pretty much everything.

Pushxx
01-13-2015, 04:31 PM
I wish we had a picture of Andrew Bynum bowling.

Practice?
01-13-2015, 04:32 PM

LeBron can stay loyal to one team in his own sport. Why would he be loyal as a fan of other sports?

Practice?
01-13-2015, 04:34 PM
He grew up a bandwagoner of the 90s power houses. Pretty sure he admitted he rooted for the Dynasty Bulls ... while living in arch nemesis land of Cleveland, Ohio. The guy takes the easy route in pretty much everything.

LeBron probably flip flopped in the middle of games as a fan growing up just to make sure he was rooting for the winning team.

lilteapot
01-13-2015, 04:35 PM
So now it takes effort to be a fan, huh?

Y'all are so damn fickle.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 04:36 PM
So now it takes effort to be a fan, huh?

Y'all are so damn fickle.
You would willingly be that guy to root for the best team in each particular sport, none of which is your prideful home town clubs? The 90's were dominated by 3 teams: Bulls in basketball, Cowboys in football, and Yankees in baseball.

lilteapot
01-13-2015, 04:39 PM
You would willingly be that guy to root for the best team in each particular sport, none of which is your prideful home town clubs? The 90's were dominated by 3 teams: Bulls in basketball, Cowboys in football, and Yankees in baseball.
Who cares? It's just sports. It's not that big a deal who you root for. If you like a team then follow them, simple as that.

Grow up people.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Who cares? It's just sports. It's not that big a deal who you root for. If you like a team then follow them, simple as that.

Grow up people.
I don't care. It just speaks to his obvious front running, bully nature. A coward.

raprap
01-13-2015, 04:50 PM
A lot of kids do bro. Why don't you lighten up a bit and let the hate go? :cheers:

Megabox!
01-13-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't care.
It's so damn obvious that you do care

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 04:58 PM
It's so damn obvious that you do care
It was a topic of conversation ... I didn't bring it up. Why so butt hurt?

Nash
01-13-2015, 05:01 PM
speaking of college. If Lebron said he'd come if Ohio would offer his 4 friends from high school full scholarships and places in the team, is that something he could have done? And would Ohio have done it?

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 05:07 PM
MJ was a fan of whoever he bet on that night.

Megabox!
01-13-2015, 05:09 PM
It was a topic of conversation ... I didn't bring it up. Why so butt hurt?
Butthurt? You're the only person in this thread that gives a shit that a guy is a fan of more than one team :confusedshrug:

Yoda
01-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Butthurt? You're the only person in this thread that gives a shit that a guy is a fan of more than one team :confusedshrug:

Hate, haters gonna.

oh the horror
01-13-2015, 05:18 PM
I'd be annoyed if I were a Cleveland fan.

jayfan
01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I'd be annoyed if I were a Cleveland fan.

Of course you would. It's only logical.

Your best player and presumed "team leader" who's supposedly out due to an injury, is hopping around on the OSU sideline instead being with the team on a road trip.

It's absurd.

navy
01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Of course you would. It's only logical.

Your best player and presumed "team leader" who's supposedly out due to an injury, is hopping around on the OSU sideline instead being with the team on a road trip.

It's absurd.
He was at the last game...

oh the horror
01-13-2015, 06:29 PM
He was at the last game...

My thoughts on players out with injuries if your ass can walk and attend games and social events then you can play an nba game.

Given the state of the Cavs at the moment and the drama this guy should not be seen out there just "hanging out" while his squad is struggling. Lebron IS the leader of this team man. It's tactless.

It's like someone said in another thread. It looks like this dude is taking a vacation mid season or something.

jlip
01-13-2015, 06:36 PM
You all do realize that the Cavs didn't play last night, and they have these new things called airplanes which allow people to travel far distances in a matter of hours. Right?

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 06:40 PM
My thoughts on players out with injuries if your ass can walk and attend games and social events then you can play an nba game.

Given the state of the Cavs at the moment and the drama this guy should not be seen out there just "hanging out" while his squad is struggling. Lebron IS the leader of this team man. It's tactless.

It's like someone said in another thread. It looks like this dude is taking a vacation mid season or something.
Dominique said the exact same thing when the Cavs last played @ ATL.

Wonder if you or Nique would play with a broken arm because after all, you'd still be able to walk.

bdreason
01-13-2015, 06:58 PM
He went to a game at MSG earlier in the season as well. Something I don't think I've ever seen a star player do mid-season. I don't think it's a big deal, but it isn't going to help his image when his team is sub. 500 in the dreadful Eastern Conference. It comes off as if LeBron isn't taking the season seriously.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Wonder if you or Nique would play with a broken arm because after all, you'd still be able to walk.
Straw man alert.

The actual point is if you're not injured, you should be out there playing. You don't take time out for various random soreness, or non-debilitating discomfort. It's not like James is recovering from some major injury where caution would be an issue.

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Straw man alert.

The actual point is if you're not injured, you should be out there playing. You don't take time out for various random soreness, or non-debilitating discomfort. It's not like James is recovering from some major injury where caution would be an issue.
Yet you support Derrick Rose for sitting out because of random soreness and lack of muscle memory.

Hypocrite much?

TheMarkMadsen
01-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Yet you support Derrick Rose for sitting out because of random soreness and lack of muscle memory.

Hypocrite much?

So you admit that you're wrong and then go on to attack what you assume are his feelings on rose.

Bran stans are master debators

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Straw man alert.

plenty of spurs sit out with small to no injury on back to backs. lebron just took all of that in 2 weeks. he has been collecting these holidays for years now. being 80% the whole year is way worse than being close to 100% from now on.
i can understand this criticism if lebron comes back and he plays badly but right now it looks foolish just like so many threads here calling cavs season to be a disaster like 82 games and playoffs are over. Jordan took time off.

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 07:21 PM
So you admit that you're wrong and then go on to attack what you assume are his feelings on rose.

Bran stans are master debators
Wrong about what?

There was a timetable on LeBron's return to the court. Tonight he's a game time decision which would still be ahead of schedule.

If he was past schedule, then you 2 would have a point. Besides, PHX and Dallas isn't that far apart when traveling by plane.

kNicKz
01-13-2015, 07:24 PM
http://cdn.sneakerreport.com/assets/2012/09/LJ-3.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 07:33 PM

Hypocrite much?
No, he suffered 2x MAJOR injuries. He needs to be careful. Bron isn't injured. He's tired, and sore?

:oldlol:

edrick
01-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Haters in this topic think some former player's opinion is better than a ****ing doctor's opinion? I know all athletes make great decisions and have medical degrees, but come on now.

Also, this is the most games Lebron has missed consequently in his entire career, get over it already. Dude has more millage than some guys in their late 30s. He clearly has different issues than stick figures that get injured every now and then, which allow them to recover from other nagging shit.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Jordan took time off.
When?

LeBron hasn't played a full 82 game season yet. The closest he's come is 81, and 80. Every season he's taking off games to rest. It's been hapening for a long time. Vague elbow soreness, etc. This is without any true injuries that would actually cause someone to miss games. He spoke openly before the start of the year that he wanted to play LESS games.

Jordan played 9x full 82 game seasons. As well as 81, 80, and 78. Some of those games missed, like in 1992 were due to suspension. Not MJ's choice. And he wasn't sitting out to rest.

At ages 33 - 35, and 40 years old he didn't miss a single game.

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 08:02 PM
No, he suffered 2x MAJOR injuries. He needs to be careful. Bron isn't injured. He's tired, and sore?

you examined him?

you're the Cavs doctor?

Rose:
"Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore."

You want to rip LeBron while supporting your franchise player who says shit like that?

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:05 PM
When?

LeBron hasn't played a full 82 game season yet. The closest he's come is 81, and 80. Every season he's taking off games to rest. It's been hapening for a long time. Vague elbow soreness, etc. This is without any true injuries that would actually cause someone to miss games. He spoke openly before the start of the year that he wanted to play LESS games.

Jordan played 9x full 82 game seasons. As well as 81, 80, and 78. Some of those games missed, like in 1992 were due to suspension. Not MJ's choice. And he wasn't sitting out to rest.

At ages 33 - 35, and 40 years old he didn't miss a single game.
he took nearly 2 years off. lebron is way behind.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 08:06 PM
you examined him?
He wasn't injured. They said he needed rest.

And are you comparing Bron's vague two week rehabilitation process for unknown soreness to Derrick tearing an ACL, and then tearing something else in the other knee just over a year later? Um, ok. Shows your intelligence. And your LeStanism.

Bron has yet to play an 82 game season.

KNOW1EDGE
01-13-2015, 08:08 PM
He grew up in Cleveland. And he plays for the Cavs (Clevelands NBA team) and he likes sports

Any other awesome questions, Op?

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 08:09 PM
he took nearly 2 years off. lebron is way behind.
You mean he played another professional sport?

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:09 PM

And are you comparing Bron's vague two week rehabilitation process for unknown soreness to Derrick tearing an ACL, and then tearing something else in the other knee just over a year later? Um, ok. Shows your intelligence. And your LeStanism.

and? doctors said that he needed rest to play at a high level for rest of the season and playoffs.
unless you can post a video here with lebron asking those doctors to cover for him, why should i believe you? You do understand that you are losing this argument if you just go by facts and no BS that you make up, right?

raprap
01-13-2015, 08:11 PM

Um. He's injured though. :confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
You mean he played another professional sport?

it was clearly mental fatigue of going to 3 straight finals which forced MJ to play another sport at a low level. LeBron is only missing 2 weeks after 4 straight finals.

TheMarkMadsen
01-13-2015, 08:14 PM
it was clearly mental fatigue of going to 3 straight finals which forced MJ to play another sport at a low level. LeBron is only missing 2 weeks after 4 straight finals.

Well to be fair he took the summer of 2011 off as well.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 08:20 PM
You said he took 2 years off to rest. He played professional baseball ...

And I'm sure mental fatigue, or depression of his father being murdered played a large factor. I think that would take it's toll on anyone. MJ was held to a standard by people, and he met / exceeded it. He didn't fail expectations, so of course that has it's level of stressors as well.

You know, like only winning 2 championships in 4 attempts, on a hand picked roster featuring 2 to 3 other All Star caliber players.

LeBron was taking vacations mentally, and physically in actual NBA Finals series.

Hey Yo
01-13-2015, 08:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12107680/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-expected-miss-2-weeks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2015/01/01/lebron-james-out-knee-back-injury/21156971/

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/lebron-james-out-two-weeks-with-multiple-injuries/

take your defeat gracefully, string bean

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:28 PM
You said he took 2 years off to rest. He played professional baseball ...

And I'm sure mental fatigue, or depression of his father being murdered played a large factor. I think that would take it's toll on anyone. MJ was held to a standard by people, and he met / exceeded it. He didn't fail expectations, so of course that has it's level of stressors as well.

You know, like only winning 2 championships in 4 attempts, on a hand picked roster featuring 2 to 3 other All Star caliber players.

LeBron was taking vacations mentally, and physically in actual NBA Finals series.
so, you are saying that MJ could have mental fatigue but lebron can't?
Also, i though you said that heat was stacked. so heat can't win 2011 finals when lebron was a little better than 2013 bosh but 2013 finals can be won with bosh getting destroyed by duncan and playing like shit overall while wade had 2 good games.
accept that you are wrong about it. also, MJ didn't have as much pressure on him as lebron. Stop bullshitting yourself. almost everyone here lived in the 90s.

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12107680/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-expected-miss-2-weeks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2015/01/01/lebron-james-out-knee-back-injury/21156971/

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/lebron-james-out-two-weeks-with-multiple-injuries/

take your defeat gracefully, string bean
he won't. This is ISH where everyone pretends to hate ESPN but make up stuff with no sources just like ESPN.

jayfan
01-13-2015, 08:30 PM
He grew up in Cleveland. And he plays for the Cavs (Clevelands NBA team) and he likes sports

Any other awesome questions, Op?

If you're going to try to be a smartazz, at least try to be correct about it. Lebron grew up in Akron, not Cleveland. Even the most novice Bran stan knows that, doesn't he?

No more questions for you. That avy seems to fit nicely.

raprap
01-13-2015, 08:31 PM
he won't. This is ISH where everyone pretends to hate ESPN but make up stuff with no sources just like ESPN.
:oldlol: true.

oh the horror
01-13-2015, 08:34 PM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think this sitting out isn't more about the brand rather than him not being able to play.

Again, his knee is sore and back strains and he's out there having a good ol' time while his team continues to get their shit pushed in.

Keep defending that though. Christ almighty.

SamuraiSWISH
01-13-2015, 08:37 PM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think this sitting out isn't more about the brand rather than him not being able to play.
There is no injury ...

- He's trying to get Blatt canned
- Increase the L's without him on already rough West coast trip increases "value"
- Possible HGH injections in Miami
- Rest

raprap
01-13-2015, 08:50 PM
There is no injury ...

- Increase the L's without him on already rough West coast trip increases "value"
- Rest
Any proof to your claim?

Rose'sACL
01-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Any proof to your claim?
he is chris broussard's alt. He once had drinks with mike miller where miller told him that he doesn't like lebron and showed him his ring. i am not kidding, ask him. It was my first week here and he made that thread.

truhooper
01-13-2015, 09:19 PM
He clearly does whatever he wants so the answer would be, "because he felt like it."

Aka Alpha as **** :bowdown:

jstern
01-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Has Lebron missed any of the Cleveland games? If not, I don't get the controversy, unless he was actually participating in the football game. Did Cleveland play that night? Is he going to miss his team's following game?

Simple Jack
01-14-2015, 12:36 AM
There is no injury ...

- Rest

You should preface this garbage with saying "in my opinion." Multiple reports cite injuries as the reason for the time off. But lets believe the all-knowing and all-credible samurai swish wisdom that it's some type of conspiracy.

SamuraiSWISH
01-14-2015, 01:07 AM
You should preface this garbage with saying "in my opinion."
Doesn't that go with out saying, you Simple Jack.

:facepalm