PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here actually still believe LeBron is the best player in the league?

TylerOO
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Life long Lebron Stan here but it's time to admit it, he's no longer the best. He cannot take over games anymore like Russell, Durant, Harden can. It pisses me off but it's true.

So who here still thinks LeBron is the undisputed best?

HOoopCityJones
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
You do.

riseagainst
01-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Life long Lebron Stan here but it's time to admit it, he's no longer the best. He cannot take over games anymore like Russell, Durant, Harden can. It pisses me off but it's true.

So who here still thinks LeBron is the undisputed best?

:confusedshrug:
You mean Westbrook?

ekosky
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Durants been better since last year I can admit that.... But he had a long reign. he might even take it away from KD next year with a year of meshing and a team thats fully healthy

ArbitraryWater
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Durants been better since last year I can admit that.... But he had a long reign. he might even take it away from KD next year with a year of meshing and a team thats fully healthy

You're not even a LeBron fan.. some shitty alt.

stfu

Doranku
01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Obviously not. Hasn't even been top 3 this year, and the inevitable Cavaliers playoff flame-out isn't going to help his case any. :lol

Real14
01-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I never thought he was the best.

ekosky
01-07-2015, 03:39 PM
You're not even a LeBron fan.. some shitty alt.

stfu
lol what:biggums:

Foster5k
01-07-2015, 03:43 PM
LeBron on any given night can still look like the best player in the world. He has diminished a little, but not so little to think he still isn't one of the top if not top player in the league at any given moment.

Dro
01-07-2015, 03:46 PM
He's still the best player in the NBA...If he weren't, these stans of other players wouldn't waste so much time on these forums trying to talk down about him.....Do you guys hate Lebron this much to claim that James Harden is the best player in the NBA? Or Steph Curry? Anthony Davis or any of these guys? Westbrook when there's posts on here every day sh*tting on him and calling him a chucker?

Lebron is not dominant every night, neither is anybody else in the entire NBA but he's still the best......He's a d*ck, true......but still the best......

Richesly
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM
He ****in sucks in 2k now.

Megabox!
01-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Lebron with a bad knee and back is still averaging 25/5/7 and is shooting nearly 50% from the field. Just imagine when he's back to his true Super Saiyan form

Kingwillball
01-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Of course he is the best.right now he is in the lab getting himself rested and right for the stretch run. Expect dominant lebron to return. Think about how he has still pit up dominant numbers for 99% of other guys in league on sore knee and strained back which explains some of loss of explosion.

riseagainst
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Lebron with a bad knee and back is still averaging 25/5/7 and is shooting nearly 50% from the field. Just imagine when he's back to his true Super Saiyan form

super saiyans don't stat pad.

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
He's not.

Nash
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM
injured lebron with 25/8 on 49%.

stop exaggerating. who could have taken over as the best player? Durant has had his fair share of injuries and only played 12 games so far so it's not like you can say he's been busy.

which leaves who exactly? Harden? Curry? M. Gasol?

let's wait and see how lebron is after the injury break and when cleveland becomes somewhat of a functional team without massive issues everywhere.

TheMarkMadsen
01-07-2015, 04:15 PM
He's still the best player in the NBA...If he weren't, these stans of other players wouldn't waste so much time on these forums trying to talk down about him.....

By your own criteria Kobe is the current best player in the league and unanimous GOAT

Real14
01-07-2015, 04:16 PM
:oldlol:

Akrazotile
01-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Part of this IMO is that having Irving on the same team as him negates a lot of Lebrons impact as a ballhandler. While a guy like Durant does his damage as a shooter, Lebron is a creator. So hes not getting as much of a chance to play his game on every possession the way he could when he was on teams with a token point guard.

Itd be like adding Dirk to the Thunder. Durants numbers and impact would go down, it wouldnt mean hes actually a worse player than he was. Just less opportunity therefore less appearance of domination.

I mean Tim Duncan could have probably been putting up monster numbers the past 10 years on a bad team that just fed him the ball over and over. But thats bot the fit the Spurs are asking of him.

So what Im saying is, its hard to judge if Lebron has declined, or his circumstance just makes it appear that way.

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 04:22 PM

stop exaggerating. who could have taken over as the best player? Durant has had his fair share of injuries and only played 12 games so far so it's not like you can say he's been busy.

let's wait and see how lebron is after the injury break and when cleveland becomes somewhat of a functional team without massive issues everywhere.

Curry, Harden, Gasol, Davis, Lillard and probably Westbrook have been better.

He's still elite but don't act like he's still the undisputed best player in the NBA like he was in 2012 and 13. That's just ridiculous. 19-16 in a garbage conference is not impressive.

TiagoSimoes
01-07-2015, 04:24 PM

:roll:

m00qi
01-07-2015, 04:39 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304265

BigMacAttack
01-07-2015, 04:55 PM

Durant took over last year.

HOoopCityJones
01-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Why the hell do the Bron stans keep pretending he's really injured? lol

kamil
01-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I'd take Anthony Davis or Stephen Curry over LeShortcut.

pauk
01-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Part of this IMO is that having Irving on the same team as him negates a lot of Lebrons impact as a ballhandler. While a guy like Durant does his damage as a shooter, Lebron is a creator. So hes not getting as much of a chance to play his game on every possession the way he could when he was on teams with a token point guard.

Itd be like adding Dirk to the Thunder. Durants numbers and impact would go down, it wouldnt mean hes actually a worse player than he was. Just less opportunity therefore less appearance of domination.

I mean Tim Duncan could have probably been putting up monster numbers the past 10 years on a bad team that just fed him the ball over and over. But thats bot the fit the Spurs are asking of him.

So what Im saying is, its hard to judge if Lebron has declined, or his circumstance just makes it appear that way.

A combination of this and playing injured.

Im so nba'd out
01-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Harden / Durant are fighting for best player right now durant has the edge tho

LEFT4DEAD
01-07-2015, 08:11 PM
No, he is still the best. If he would play like so far this season in the playoffs too, then I would say he has lost that title. Till then, he is the number 1.

pauk
01-07-2015, 08:27 PM
...and why mention Durant? He has not really been better than Lebron this season.... and who is the next guy you or any of us can officially call "the best" anyways? Westbrook? Lowry? Teague? Curry? Gasol? Klay? Harden? Lillard? Wall? Millsap? Butler? Aldridge? Go ahead....

Lebron is the best until CLEARLY proven otherwise, im sorry.... he took that title by force from the previous guy who was "best" (Kobe) and now somebody will have to do the same job.... you will have to wait.... and if/when he gets back healthy very soon and when Cavs start "clicking" you will probably wait even longer than you would like to before you can call somebody else the best....

Droid101
01-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Lebron is the best until CLEARLY proven otherwise, ....
Durant was better last season. Reigning MVP until CLEARLY proven otherwise.

pauk
01-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Durant was better last season. Reigning MVP until CLEARLY proven otherwise.

Durant was somewhat better in the regular season STATISTICALLY due to not having to share the ball with the #1 guy in usage rate (Westbrook), this is the result of his stats & MVP reward. He was not the best or better than Lebron especially in playoffs, hell, he was not better than his own teammate there.... the same can be said especially this season, Westbrook has actually played better than Durant.... statistically or however you want to twist and turn it....

Westbrook the best? Check out his PER, whoa....

Now, lets see your contradictive logic..... "Lebron was better any season than Kobe. Reigning MVP a couple of times until CLEARLY proven otherwise"... Did YOU call him better than Kobe? BEFORE it was clear Kobe regressed while Lebron started spamming championships/FMVPs???

NO, you didnt.....

Fire Colangelo
01-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Well, take a look at it this way. If the league were to have a fresh draft to win the championship this year, who would be the first pick?

No way I'm picking the likes of Gasol, Curry or Anthony Davis. It'll be between LeBron and Durant.

I'm okay with either of the two.

Droid101
01-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Well, take a look at it this way. If the league were to have a fresh draft to win the championship this year, who would be the first pick?

No way I'm picking the likes of Gasol, Curry or Anthony Davis. It'll be between LeBron and Durant.

I'm okay with either of the two.
Uh, why not? I think most GMs WOULD take Davis with the first pick if the entire league redrafted everyone.

Fire Colangelo
01-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Uh, why not? I think most GMs WOULD take Davis with the first pick if the entire league redrafted everyone.

To win the championship this year?

I'd take him based on potential, but not to win the Chip this year.

Dro
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
By your own criteria Kobe is the current best player in the league and unanimous GOAT
No, Lebron gets sh*tted on more than anyone these days, its not even close......

TheMarkMadsen
01-07-2015, 09:09 PM
No, Lebron gets sh*tted on more than anyone these days, its not even close......

Kobe dominates these forums more often than not. Lebron gets so much leeway, Kobe was playing Pau Gasol and people still to this day act like he had some type of loaded team. Meanwhile Lebron has spent the past 5 years of his prime playing with 4 other all stars and all you ever hear about his teams is "they need to fill this position, need more depth here"

Yet Kobe is still taking heat for winning with Pau & Odom..

Spurs5Rings2014
01-07-2015, 09:11 PM

:applause:

Dro
01-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Kobe dominates these forums more often than not. Lebron gets so much leeway, Kobe was playing Pau Gasol and people still to this day act like he had some type of loaded team. Meanwhile Lebron has spent the past 5 years of his prime playing with 4 other all stars and all you ever hear about his teams is "they need to fill this position, need more depth here"

Yet Kobe is still taking heat for winning with Pau & Odom..
Sorry bro, you're not going to convince me on this......I'm not a fan of either player, you are a Kobe fan(not going to disrespect you by calling you a stan). Lebron is easily the most picked apart player on these forums......Threads are started about him by everyone...A lot of the Kobe threads are started by Kobe fans with an agenda........

Real14
01-07-2015, 09:23 PM
he did it to himself.

Magic 32
01-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Best player in 2013-14?

The guy who didn't try to prove it in 15 games against dysfunctional trash (Hornets, Nets, Pacers).

plowking
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Curry, Harden, Gasol, Davis, Lillard and probably Westbrook have been better.

He's still elite but don't act like he's still the undisputed best player in the NBA like he was in 2012 and 13. That's just ridiculous. 19-16 in a garbage conference is not impressive.

None of those players have actually been better outside of maybe Davis at the start of the year, and he has faded off.

TheMarkMadsen
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Sorry bro, you're not going to convince me on this......I'm not a fan of either player, you are a Kobe fan(not going to disrespect you by calling you a stan). Lebron is easily the most picked apart player on these forums......Threads are started about him by everyone...A lot of the Kobe threads are started by Kobe fans with an agenda........

Were you not around at the beginning of the season? That just isn't true at all. Most of the Kobe threads come after he has a bad game, he passes Jordan in points and it becomes the most talked about thing in sports. Yet ISH was full f threads hating on Kobe for passing Jordan.

Yet Kobe hits a game winner the other night it's dead silent, you won't see many Kobe threads when he's playing solid, like he has his last 5 games.. That thread has two pages.. Yet the Kobe thread after an awful 5 game stretch went 20

AintNoSunshine
01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Of course he is or who else? You really think guys like Steph Curry or Westbrook is better than Lebron as a player overall?

Real14
01-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Of course he is or who else? You really think guys like Steph Curry or Westbrook is better than Lebron as a player overall?
Lebron is done man.

plowking
01-07-2015, 09:35 PM

Exactly. If you had one series to win for the championship right now, you'd pick Lebron first. Hence, he is currently the best.

Real14
01-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Exactly. If you had one series to win for the championship right now, you'd pick Lebron first. Hence, he is currently the best.
http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-shot-2012-09-20-at-11.42.37-AM.png

G0ATbe
01-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Never was, and still isn't.

Real14
01-07-2015, 09:52 PM

JT123
01-07-2015, 09:55 PM
LOL at anyone saying Marc Gasol is better than Lebron! Some people need to learn the difference between having a better team and being a better player. :facepalm
Steph Curry is also getting a little too much hype. Talk to me when he makes a Conference Finals appearance.

Dro
01-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Were you not around at the beginning of the season? That just isn't true at all. Most of the Kobe threads come after he has a bad game, he passes Jordan in points and it becomes the most talked about thing in sports. Yet ISH was full f threads hating on Kobe for passing Jordan.

Yet Kobe hits a game winner the other night it's dead silent, you won't see many Kobe threads when he's playing solid, like he has his last 5 games.. That thread has two pages.. Yet the Kobe thread after an awful 5 game stretch went 20
Yeah, I remember those threads and I also remember Kobe fans making threads whenever Wesley Johnson or somebody else played poorly and making excuses for Kobe.....

But right now there's 7 topics about Lebron on the 1st page...I see one about Kobe...Dont' know who made them.....I'm just saying......

Micku
01-07-2015, 11:25 PM
It's was him or Durant last year. I could see arguments for either. Although I would say LBJ for me.

This year LBJ is apparently playing hurt, but is still posting good numbers. This year you could make arguments a few players who are playing the best. I don't think there is a gap in the league between the best player and the high tier this year.

Kvnzhangyay
01-07-2015, 11:25 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SexSymbol
01-07-2015, 11:26 PM
LeBron's been the best player in the game for two years. That's actually sad for such a caliber player.

AintNoSunshine
01-08-2015, 12:16 AM

Kobe's never even the best player on his own team then:oldlol:

Shaq>>>>>>>>Kobe
Gasol>>Kobe
Odom=>Kobe

plowking
01-08-2015, 12:28 AM
LeBron's been the best player in the game for two years. That's actually sad for such a caliber player.

4 MVP's say otherwise.

Droid101
01-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Kobe's never even the best player on his own team then:oldlol:

Odom=>Kobe
Clearly.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-08-2015, 02:16 AM
http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-shot-2012-09-20-at-11.42.37-AM.png

Keeping it REAL as always.