PDA

View Full Version : Draymond Green vs Kevin Love

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Draymond Green - 12/8/4 on 44% shooting (35% from 3) 2 blocks and 2 steals

Kevin Love - 18/10/2 on 44% shooting (35% from 3) .5 blocks and 1 steal

Kevin Love scores more, but Draymond Green's defense and intangibles are FAR superior. He can guard 3 through 5 effectively and is an intelligent help defender. He has shown he's even capable of protecting the rim even though he's only 6'7.

Ca$H
01-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Easy choice. If you want wins and a championship Draygod. If you want empty stats Love.

Bobcats2013
01-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Easy choice. If you want wins and a championship Draygod. If you want empty stats Love.

So much this. DrayGOD is one of the biggest reasons Golden State are like 10-3 without Bogut. He's a winner.

Rameek
01-07-2015, 02:53 PM
If I want a SF Green if I want a PF Love

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 02:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6wiTqOCUAEfO_j.jpg

:bowdown:

beastee
01-07-2015, 02:54 PM
The point of this thread is so pointless. Kevin Love is a top 20 player. Draymond Green is not even close to top 50. They play different positions. For their teams, Draymond is a better fit because he is not needed to score nearly as much with the splash brothers doing the heavy lifting. Kevin Love is learning a new system and playing with Lebron clearly hurts his individual stats.

Dude dropped 28 and 19 last game, Draymond will never do that much work in one game.

ekosky
01-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Kevin Love still easily

Context fellas. their roles are clearly different.

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 02:58 PM
The point of this thread is so pointless. Kevin Love is a top 20 player. Draymond Green is not even close to top 50. They play different positions. For their teams, Draymond is a better fit because he is not needed to score nearly as much with the splash brothers doing the heavy lifting. Kevin Love is learning a new system and playing with Lebron clearly hurts his individual stats.

Dude dropped 28 and 19 last game, Draymond will never do that much work in one game.

Kevin Love plays matador defense though, in contrast to Draymond Green, who is a legit DPOY candidate.

The gap between their defense is far bigger than the gap between their offense.

Ca$H
01-07-2015, 03:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6wiTqOCUAEfO_j.jpg

:bowdown:

Draygod = NBA Defensive Player of the Year

beastee
01-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Kevin Love plays matador defense though, in contrast to Draymond Green, who is a legit DPOY candidate.

The gap between their defense is far bigger than the gap between their offense.
He can focus on defense more on his team being next to a lockdown guy like Klay. Who does Love have to help him on D? Not Lebron this year...

But I agree, Love is bad at defense and Green is very good at it. Just a weird premise to the post is all.

Doranku
01-07-2015, 03:09 PM
I'll take KLove all DAY for fantasy.

On a basketball team with a goal of winning? No thank you.

ArbitraryWater
01-07-2015, 03:09 PM
I'll take Draymond Green.. The defensive gap is just too huge.

Heavincent
01-07-2015, 03:14 PM
https://vine.co/v/Od9BH96Um6M

imdaman99
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
I like Green but he is a role player and his ceiling is a super role player. And I don't like KLove but their roles are different.

Do you think Green would go to Minnesota and giving out those hard fouls will mean anything? Curry + Klay and the Warriors ball movement lets Green be open all day everyday.

Doranku
01-07-2015, 03:38 PM
I like Green but he is a role player and his ceiling is a super role player. And I don't like KLove but their roles are different.

Do you think Green would go to Minnesota and giving out those hard fouls will mean anything? Curry + Klay and the Warriors ball movement lets Green be open all day everyday.

Draymond Green is the type of player that helps win championships.

Kevin Love is the type of player that helps win lottery balls.

dubnation
01-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Easy

On a bad team, Love
On a good team, Draymond

LoneyROY7
01-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Gotta go with Draymond because of his elite defense.

SwishSquared
01-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Totally depends on the type of team around them. Green is a super role player and his versatility is allowing GSW to still dominate even without a great rim protector like Bogut. Green has guarded 1-5 and has had DPOY type impact so far this year. He fits in perfectly in GSW due to the system, the guys around him, and what is expected of him. He's just a dog and brings intensity every night.

Love is somebody who can prop up an offense, given enough touches, and sell tickets. I really like Green's game, but I doubt he could replicate what Love did in the West last season (granted his D may have won them games, too, but their offense would have been worse imo).

Green would actually be a really nice fit on this Cavs team in place of Love, though. Could use that ~$15M in salary savings on a rim protector and some depth...

imdaman99
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Draymond Green is the type of player that helps win championships.

Kevin Love is the type of player that helps win lottery balls.
I'm not disputing that but Love is capable of putting up numbers when he is the 1st option while I doubt Green would. Green is more a winner and intangibles but neither would be leading their teams to the playoffs as the #1.