PDA

View Full Version : 8 major identical twin studies prove being a homo isn't genetic.

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 01:02 PM
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/identical-twin-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic

American, Australian, and Scandavian studies. Now we can stop the whole "born gay" bs.

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
http://tcpm.mrlazyinc.com/files/images/lawls/meme_faces/dis_gon_b_gud.gif

fiddy
01-06-2015, 01:08 PM
homosexuality=nothing more than a mental disease

sweggeh
01-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Of course it aint. Anyone who believed it was is legit retarded.

Babies aren't born with pictures of ***** and ******s in their head, knowing which one they like more from birth.

It is something that develops. Just like having an attraction to chicks with big asses, contracting yellow fever or liking midgets.

Droid101
01-06-2015, 01:17 PM
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/identical-twin-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic

American, Australian, and Scandavian studies. Now we can stop the whole "born gay" bs.
Red Flag News. The main page is asking rubes for donations. Typical GOP website trying to steal money from scared old people.

You're an idiot.

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Red Flag News. The main page is asking rubes for donations. Typical GOP website trying to steal money from scared old people.

You're an idiot.

If I used ACLU as my source, would you still be b!tching?

Droid101
01-06-2015, 01:21 PM
How about a peer-reviewed academic source? That work for you?

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 01:24 PM
How about a peer-reviewed academic source? That work for you?

Give me time. I'll dig one up.

riseagainst
homosexuality is a choice. If God exists and he gave us freewill, then he is allowing homosexuality to exist. But these religious nut-jobs say it's a sin to be a gay. So either God doesn't exist or he's a liar and an imperfect being, hence not a "God". Pick your poison.
:oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
homosexuality=nothing more than a mental disease

I agree.

But sadly, our society has a very distorted perception of mental illness. We disregard it on some occasions, and encourage it and pass laws to preserve it.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 01:27 PM
no one is born anything, but genetics can favor a person into becoming something.

no one is born addicted to something, but its clear genetics can play a major part in addiction.

were you born with a gun in your hand? why do u deserve gun rights then?

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 01:32 PM
I have a cousin who is gay and guess what? Some dude molested him when he was young. No kid should be raised in a 3rd world country :facepalm I'm not saying all of them have had fcked up things happen to them but it seems like it's a lot.

LJJ
01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Read the source. They found at that identical twins aren't always both straight or both gay. :lol :lol :lol What a bunch of geniuses.

The problem of course is, no one ever claimed homosexuality worked that way.

dunksby
01-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Sexuality is something that is developed after birth and it doesn't show itself till puberty, not every Tomboy becomes a lesbian and not every boy who plays with dolls ends up gay.

ace23
01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
homosexuality is a choice. If God exists and he gave us freewill, then he is allowing homosexuality to exist. But these religious nut-jobs say it's a sin to be a gay. So either God doesn't exist or he's a liar and an imperfect being, hence not a "God". Pick your poison.
Lolwut? According to Christian doctrine, God allows all sin to exist. How does that make him a liar or imperfect?

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 01:56 PM
I have a cousin who is gay and guess what? Some dude molested him when he was young. No kid should be raised in a 3rd world country :facepalm I'm not saying all of them have had fcked up things happen to them but it seems like it's a lot.

Damn. And you never got in trouble for it??

KNOW1EDGE
01-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Damn. And you never got in trouble for it??

Dude, come on.

Jokes about kids getting molested is low, even for you, even for ISH

Edit: I did "lol" though

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Dude, come on.

Jokes about kids getting molested is low, even for you, even for ISH

Edit: I did "lol" though

Hes a gimmick account and the story is obviously made up :coleman:

Jailblazers7
01-06-2015, 02:22 PM
More importantly, why does anyone care

This lol

People labeling it a "mental disease" are hilarious. What a terrible disease where people are attracted to each other. WE MUST FIND A CURE!

Jailblazers7
01-06-2015, 02:26 PM
And honestly, gays should be offended by a lot of straight people who defend homosexuality by saying it's something you are born with instead of it being a choice. Because most of the time there is that little undertone that "Oh it's not their choice. If they we allowed to choose they would be normal like us."

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
This lol

People labeling it a "mental disease" are hilarious. What a terrible disease where people are attracted to each other. WE MUST FIND A CURE!
It's not natural and it's very repulsive.

Droid101
01-06-2015, 02:36 PM
I find something icky therefore it should be illegal!

Party of small government strikes again.

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Hes a gimmick account and the story is obviously made up :coleman:
I wish I did make it up because he will live an unhappy life. He will marry a woman and deal with it because those are his only options there.

Jailblazers7
01-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Tough shit. :confusedshrug:

Myth
01-06-2015, 02:40 PM
And honestly, gays should be offended by a lot of straight people who defend homosexuality by saying it's something you are born with instead of it being a choice. Because most of the time there is that little undertone that "Oh it's not their choice. If they we allowed to choose they would be normal like us."

:biggums:

People who say that tend to say it because they believe it is normal, they don't say it like it is a birth defect.

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I find something icky therefore it should be illegal!

Party of small government strikes again.

I don't think it should be illegal. I'm just tired of liberals trying to justify their unnatural lifestyle by saying they were born a homo.

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Tough shit. :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

Jailblazers7
01-06-2015, 02:45 PM

People who say that tend to say it because they believe it is normal, they don't say it like it is a birth defect.

Meh, maybe I just have less faith in people but I've definitely picked up that vibe from a lot of people I've heard talk about this. Maybe I'm just assuming the worst.

Myth
01-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't think it should be illegal. I'm just tired of liberals trying to justify their unnatural lifestyle by saying they were born a homo.

I'm tired of conservatives claiming it is unnatural. You do tons of things you weren't "born" with.

KevinNYC
01-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Sexuality is something that is developed after birth and it doesn't show itself till puberty, not every Tomboy becomes a lesbian and not every boy who plays with dolls ends up gay.

What?

I know plenty of people who sexuality was evident prior to puberty. Including myself.

GimmeThat
01-06-2015, 03:10 PM
I would also be truly offended by this research if you told me identical twins career earning are vastly different.

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 03:15 PM
This has been debated in here before with the twin studies...

IIRC the popular theory is that gay or straight is determined in the womb...one of the twins was exposed to some chemical in the womb more than the other.

So majority are still "born" gay under that theory

fiddy
01-06-2015, 03:19 PM
This has been debated in here before with the twin studies...

IIRC the popular theory is that gay or straight is determined in the womb...one of the twins was exposed to some chemical in the womb more than the other.

So majority are still "born" gay under that theory
"some chemical" does not sound very scientific or convincing

rufuspaul
01-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Perhaps the mother drank mimosas and sang Broadway show tunes at the same time. :confusedshrug:

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
right I wasn't trying to sound scientific, that debate in here was a couple years back...gist of it is that "something" happens in the womb to cause it

So one twin was exposed to that "something" while in the womb and the other wasn't...

GimmeThat
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM

True.

But i suppose the question behind such argumemt, is whether or not the populations of gays have had a huge change in ratio. Despite of those who choose to be in a heterosexual relationship.

Meaning whether or not its upper limit as well as lower limit had been in small enough number that makes such factor null.

In which, can be even applied to the whole twin studies. Unless with the rise of more twins giving birth being correlated to the numbers of gays, then could only one argue that the twin environment is a direct cause to people being/becoming gay.

Sorry, typing on a phone here if some of my thoughts doesnt appear to be well thought out.

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Homosexuality Might Develop in the Womb Due to Epigenetic Changes (http://scitechdaily.com/homosexuality-might-develop-in-the-womb-due-to-epigenetic-changes/)

According to a newly released hypothesis, homosexuality might not lie in DNA itself. Instead, as an embryo develops, sex-related genes are turned on and off in response to fluctuating levels of hormones in the womb, produced by both mother and child. This benefits the unborn child, however if these epigenetic changes persist once the child is born, and has children of its own, some of these offspring may be homosexual.

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 03:55 PM
This lol

Objectively, in a world where addictive personality, adhd, and other atypical personality traits are widely accepted as diseases, its not very scientifically consistent not to view homosexuality as a disease.

The only difference is people in the aforementioned categories welcome the label because it provides an excuse, and people in the latter category shun the label as being demeaning.

Your subconscious desire to conform and acquiesce to certain social/political groups and their viewpoints is what causes you to see one as legitimate and the other as hilarious. Which is very interesting psychologically.

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Perhaps the mother drank mimosas and sang Broadway show tunes at the same time. :confusedshrug:

Aint nuttin wrong wit that. :pimp:

KNOW1EDGE
01-06-2015, 04:07 PM
This lol

Lol

That's one way to look at it.

Don't worry about the fact that homosexuality created and spread the aids virus. And forget that trying to turn everyone gay would literally, indisputably and unquestionably end the human race.

But your right, it's just people being attracted to each other, no harm no foul. It's really a great thing, homosexuality, so much good come from being gay.

ace23
01-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Objectively, in a world where addictive personality, adhd, and other atypical personality traits are widely accepted as diseases, its not very scientifically consistent not to view homosexuality as a disease.

The only difference is people in the aforementioned categories welcome the label because it provides an excuse, and people in the latter category shun the label as being demeaning.

rezznor
01-06-2015, 04:20 PM
people once said that about mixed couples you ignorant ****

fiddy
01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Thats an invalid argument for mixed couples, nonetheless. Doesnt really mean much.

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Lol

Don't worry about the fact that homosexuality created and spread the aids virus. And forget that trying to turn everyone gay would literally, indisputably and unquestionably end the human race.

But your right, it's just people being attracted to each other, no harm no foul. It's really a great thing, homosexuality, so much good come from being gay.

Whoa! I never you were one of these people.

And youre from Portland no less :oldlol:

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 04:39 PM

I agree its amazing muhammed ali and joe "kobes dad" bryant dont get more heat for those kinds of views.

I guess theyre allowed to be racist cause theyre black :confusedshrug:

Myth
01-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Lol

This post is absurd. Show me the evidence that proves it is a fact that homosexuality created the aids virus. Also who exactly is trying to turn everybody gay? Additionally, if everybody was gay for whatever reason, the desire to reproduce often still exists in gay people, and they would either use heterosexual intercourse for the sake of procreation or use artificial insemination, so it would not "literally, indisputably and unquestionably end the human race."

Nanners
01-06-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm tired of conservatives claiming it is unnatural. You do tons of things you weren't "born" with.

yep

wearing clothing is not natural, driving in a car is not natural, using electricity is not natural, eating highly processed foods is not natural, watching television is not natural, using the internet is not natural....

Myth
01-06-2015, 04:42 PM
yep

wearing clothing is not natural, driving in a car is not natural, using electricity is not natural, eating highly processed foods is not natural, watching television is not natural, using the internet is not natural....

I'm posting on ISH. I must repent!

Nanners
01-06-2015, 04:44 PM
anybody who says homosexuality is not natural, i have some bad news for you

Homosexual behavior in animals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals)

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 04:44 PM
yep

many of these things you listed are unhealthy...just sayin :lol

Nanners
01-06-2015, 04:47 PM
many of these things you listed are unhealthy...just sayin :lol

going to the dentist/doctor is not natural, taking medication for a health condition is not natural, treating cancer with radiation and chemotherapy is not natural....

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 04:49 PM
going to the dentist/doctor is not natural, taking medication for a health condition is not natural, treating cancer with radiation and chemotherapy is not natural....
yes, I was just goofin...your point is valid

I'm not sure that animal point is valid though...homosexuality could still be a "defect" in nature

Myth
01-06-2015, 04:50 PM
If you get right down to it, homosexuality is much more natural than a lot of those things listed. All it requires is 2 human bodies. Nothing artificial is needed.

Myth
01-06-2015, 04:51 PM

I'm not sure that animal point is valid though...homosexuality could still be a "defect" in nature

Even if it were a defect, which I don't believe it is, defects are still natural.

Nanners
01-06-2015, 04:52 PM

of course the animal point is valid. if homosexuality naturally occurs all across the animal kingdom you cant claim that it is not "natural".

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 04:54 PM
yep

You dont even need to use this argument to make the point.

Genetic variance is an intrinsic part of evolution. What's "natural" for one person, or even many persons, is not automatically "natural" for another. Nature is literally 'designed' that way, so to speak.

Genetic mutation is what ensures a single environmental occurence cannot wipe out an entire species. By evolutionary law individuals vary in what is natural to them.

Myth
01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
You dont even need to use this argument to make the point.

Genetic variance is an intrinsic part of evolution. What's "natural" for one person, or even many persons, is not automatically "natural" for another. Nature is literally 'designed' that way, so to speak.

Genetic mutation is what ensures a single environmental occurence cannot wipe out an entire species. By evolutionary law individuals vary in what is natural to them.

Evolution is not natural! :rant

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Evolution is a mystery

Full of change that no one sees.

rufuspaul
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Evolution is gay

:D

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:05 PM
:D

We were doing a thing here. Delete this.

longhornfan1234
01-06-2015, 05:06 PM

How many straw man arguments you liberals going to use? :lol

~primetime~
01-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Even if it were a defect, which I don't believe it is, defects are still natural.
Isn't a "defect" something that nature didn't intend? :confusedshrug:

I don't want to come off bad here, I have NOTHING against gays, for all I know my own son is gay and if he is it won't affect my love for him in the slightest bit.

But I think people need do need to be realistic...sugar coating things is bad imo

rufuspaul
01-06-2015, 05:07 PM
We were doing a thing here. Delete this.

This ain't the BTE broseph

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:08 PM
This ain't the BTE broseph

You right, I'll see myself out.

Nanners
01-06-2015, 05:11 PM
just wait until the christians realize that celibacy is less "natural" than homosexuality :oldlol:

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Clock makes a fool of history

Yesterday's so long ago, don't agree with what I know.

Myth
01-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Isn't a "defect" something that nature didn't intend? :confusedshrug:

I don't want to come off bad here, I have NOTHING against gays, for all I know my own son is gay and if he is it won't affect my love for him in the slightest bit.

But I think people need do need to be realistic...sugar coating things is bad imo

Nature doesn't have intentions. Nature is just just something that happens without influence of humankind, and defects happen all the time in nature, so they are natural.

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Tomorrow got no place to be

I see the line in the sand

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Looking back to see where I stand

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Evoluuuuuuutionnnnnnnnnnn

BurningHammer
01-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Evoluuuuuuutionnnnnnnnnnn

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Oh its a choice?

Hm, try it, OP.. okay?

Choose to be gay for the next month please. That simple.

Micku
01-07-2015, 01:53 AM
Read the source. They found at that identical twins aren't always both straight or both gay. :lol :lol :lol What a bunch of geniuses.

The problem of course is, no one ever claimed homosexuality worked that way.
You never heard of the gay gene?

I think the LGBT community still believe in that? I would have to double check on it tho. The whole phrase of "I was born gay" deal. There were a few articles back in the day that said something along of the lines of LGBT community needs to stop fearing the word "choice".

Anyway, I thought the twins study was done a while back.

Hehe, too bad religious folks won't listen to science about evolution.

gigantes
01-07-2015, 02:07 AM

sounds like you don't have a clue what the word "proven" means in literature and science, either.

SugarHill
01-07-2015, 02:07 AM
is a mystery? Does anyone know what it says after that?
:roll: :roll:

Trollsmasher
01-07-2015, 06:21 AM
mixed children are also well known for their worse health and more physical problems than your average population on both sides

race mixing should be illegal like incest imho

Bandito
01-07-2015, 06:36 AM
mixed children are also well known for their worse health and more physical problems than your average population on both sides

Well known who?moronic racists like you?

JtotheIzzo
01-07-2015, 07:42 AM

Strawman argument, you've already lost, now your thread is fail.

1-source is always the first thing fact checkers check.
2-your reaction is directly related to the truth of your argument.

Step one, step two, fail fail.

You really suck at truth.

JtotheIzzo
01-07-2015, 07:43 AM

Mixed children are actually stronger and more resistant to disease because of a better DNA mix.

wow this thread is really a retard soup.

JtotheIzzo
01-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Give me time. I'll dig one up.

tic toc, tic tard, tard tard...

step_back
01-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Whether it's genetic or not, why do people even give a shit?

Akrazotile
01-07-2015, 01:26 PM
You never heard of the gay gene?

I always figured this referred to gene kelly :confusedshrug:

Knicks101
01-07-2015, 01:40 PM
"Your thread is fail"
You're 40, stop talking like teenagers from 6 years ago.

Epic fail, you're about to get pwned.

Myth
01-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Epic fail, you're about to get pwned.

Cowabunga, dude!

Knicks101
01-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Cowabunga, dude!

Rofl.

Dresta
01-07-2015, 02:23 PM
I think anyone who had read even a bit of history should be aware that it is clearly not a solely genetic phenomenon. Attraction is largely an influence of impulse and instinct, but these are clearly affected by the sexual mores of the age. Though it is also obvious that the effects of sexual liberation are a lot more far-reaching and ambiguous than many would want to admit.

Take Your Lumps
01-07-2015, 02:39 PM

It seems like this is a very important issue for you. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Would you feel comfortable showering with a gay person right next to you? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325493)

Would you rather have a whore daughter or a gay son? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278808)

Burger King adds gay pride Whopper to menu (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345376)

Is being gay a choice? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276907)

Jason Collins has the best selling jersey. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327166)

Porn question. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359448)

rezznor
01-07-2015, 04:08 PM
It seems like this is a very important issue for you. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Would you feel comfortable showering with a gay person right next to you? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325493)

Would you rather have a whore daughter or a gay son? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278808)

Burger King adds gay pride Whopper to menu (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345376)

Is being gay a choice? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276907)

Jason Collins has the best selling jersey. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327166)

Porn question. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359448)
he's definitely a self-loathing closeted homosexual

Droid101
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
The ones most concerned almost always are.

rufuspaul
01-07-2015, 05:26 PM
I always figured this referred to gene kelly :confusedshrug:

http://livenirvana.com/forum/images/smilies/rimshot.gif

Akrazotile
01-07-2015, 05:34 PM
http://livenirvana.com/forum/images/smilies/rimshot.gif

Ill be here all week folks

Take Your Lumps
01-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Of course. That's not a bad thing though, he shouldn't feel so ashamed.

We love you longhornfan1234. We love you like you love cawk.

BurningHammer
01-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Where is the OP now, and where is his better sources? :confusedshrug: