01-06-2015, 10:17 AM
JR's gone!
rejoice!
do the cha-cha!

:dancin

Lebron23
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
http://5.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/iited9Wbi6IMh.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/7fa859dec1d403e5c7af1f7b0ed683b9/tumblr_mlql8j3mgG1rfimo0o2_500.gif

russwest0
01-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Not sure why a team would willingly trade for JR Smith, but alrighty then.

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Works for me :cheers:

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Not sure why a team would willingly trade for JR Smith, but alrighty then.

JR Smith is >= to Dion Waiters, and the Cavs got Shumpert as well, so the trade is really just adding shumpert and nothing else happening. At least Smith can make threes fairly consistently.

Teanett
01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Phil does the impossible and trades JR Smith!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Phil does the impossible and trades JR Smith!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thats the easy part.

The hard part will be getting anyone better to willingly sign with this dumpster fire.

Teanett
01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Thats the easy part.

The hard part will be getting anyone better to willingly sign with this dumpster fire.

who are you? Ian O'Connor?
next year we get to build from scratch, no baggage (JR, Stat, Bargs, Felton) no bad memories (Shump).

build with Melo, a high draft pick (that's how we got Patrick 30 years ago) and 30+ million to spend....

that's a pretty good position to be in.

Beastmode88
01-06-2015, 12:14 PM
JR Smith is >= to Dion Waiters, and the Cavs got Shumpert as well, so the trade is really just adding shumpert and nothing else happening. At least Smith can make threes fairly consistently.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 12:16 PM
35% compared to 25%. big improvement

Teanett
01-06-2015, 12:24 PM
At least Smith can make threes fairly consistently.

good luck! you're in for a treat!

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 12:32 PM

good luck! you're in for a treat!
I'm not a cavs fans, so I don't care lol.

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm not a cavs fans, so I don't care lol.

Dear branstan,

JR Smith is no Ray Allen.

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 12:46 PM

Dear branstan,

When did I say that?

God, Knicks fans are stupid. not a fanbase in the league that deserves to have a 5-31 team more.

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2015, 12:46 PM

Dear branstan,

2013/2014 3P%:

Jr Smith: 39.4% (6.5 3PA!)
Ray Allen: 37.5% (4.2 3PA)

Yeah, he's no Ray Allen, he's better.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2015, 12:51 PM
The Knicks have been right to dump salary. You really can't argue with any team that gets rid of JR Smith. They are creating the right circumstances to sign superstars. What they need now is a situation like what happened with the Heat in 2010 where some guys decide they want to play together and find a team that can make it happen while they still all get to make their money. And really that's all the Knicks could do with the talent and contracts they had.

Marchesk
01-06-2015, 12:53 PM

HOF bound

christian1923
01-06-2015, 01:02 PM
The Knicks have been right to dump salary. You really can't argue with any team that gets rid of JR Smith. They are creating the right circumstances to sign superstars. What they need now is a situation like what happened with the Heat in 2010 where some guys decide they want to play together and find a team that can make it happen while they still all get to make their money. And really that's all the Knicks could do with the talent and contracts they had.
Or we could just rebuild and not be idiots... Again

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Or we could just rebuild and not be idiots... Again
I may be misunderstanding you but wasn't that last trade a rebuilding type of move?

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 01:07 PM
2013/2014 3P%:

Jr Smith: 39.4% (6.5 3PA!)
Ray Allen: 37.5% (4.2 3PA)

If you think JR is saving someone's legacy, than I have a bridge to sell you.
Dude's shooting % is literally cut in half in the playoffs.

christian1923
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
I may be misunderstanding you but wasn't that last trade a rebuilding type of move?
Yeah but it's not rebuilding if you waste all the cap space on max contracts and then trade our top 3 pick for someone else who is overpaid.

I'm an upset Knicks fan lol do you know what's it's like to not like a single player on your team? I'd rather them just rebuild through the draft and put a team I actually enjoy watching on the court instead of selling the fan base pipe dreams with overpaid free agents who are only here for the money and NYC.

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
If you think JR is saving someone's legacy, than I have a bridge to sell you.
Dude's shooting % is literally cut in half in the playoffs.

Cut the crap *******..

You really think Ray Allen at this point in his career is a better player than Jr. Smith?

Real14
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Cut the crap *******..

You really think Ray Allen at this point in his career is a better player than Jr. Smith?
Ray Allen is better at his role idiot:coleman:

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Cut the crap *******..

Is Ray Allen a cancer? No? Than yes I'd rather have Ray Allen than JR Smith dumbass.

There's a good reason Melo has never had much playoff success, and it has mostly to do with the fact that JR has been his #2. If you think JR is happy to be in Cleveland over NYC than you are a blinded by bran's terrible GM moves. JR is gonna smoke a lot more weed, good luck with that. Ray Allen saving legacies, JR killing legacies.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: clueless branstans

christian1923
01-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Cut the crap *******..

You do get the 3ball from JR but you also get 5 fadeaways from the wing a night from him that will frustrate the hell out of you lol

Real14
01-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Is Ray Allen a cancer? No? Than yes I'd rather have Ray Allen than JR Smith dumbass.

There's a good reason Melo has never had much playoff success, and it has mostly to do with the fact that JR has been his #2. If you think JR is happy to be in Cleveland over NYC than you are a blinded by bran's terrible GM moves. JR is gonna smoke a lot more weed, good luck with that. Ray Allen saving legacies, JR killing legacies.

Let him know :applause:

Kingwillball
01-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Smith will be a 6th man but if he plays like a jackass he will barely get off bench and cavs will go with a mike miller instead. Dude can score I remember the 9 3s vs heat late last season clearly. Yes there will be nights you wish he was not in game but other nights he rescues team hitting a bunch of well timed shots. Also remember on cavs he is gonna get a lot less freedom to shot jack so will have to play more consistently and smarter with his opportunities. On cavs he goes from #2 to #4 at best.

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 01:28 PM

lol @ these weak ass arguments. JR smith is not going to be lebron's number two.

ArbitraryWater
01-06-2015, 01:32 PM

Yeah, Melo would have alot more success with 40-year old Ray Allen as his #2....

lmfao retard alert here

Teanett
01-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Smith will be a 6th man but if he plays like a jackass he will barely get off bench and cavs will go with a mike miller instead. Dude can score I remember the 9 3s vs heat late last season clearly. Yes there will be nights you wish he was not in game but other nights he rescues team hitting a bunch of well timed shots. Also remember on cavs he is gonna get a lot less freedom to shot jack so will have to play more consistently and smarter with his opportunities. On cavs he goes from #2 to #4 at best.

do you think any coach he ever had (except Mike Woodoson) wanted him to dribble 10 seconds and take a step back-fadeaway 3 pointer with a hand in his face?
that's what's gonna happen no matter where he plays or who he plays with.

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Melo would have alot more success with Wade and Bosh.
Yeah, he would be in the Finals and be 3/4

Glad we finally agree :cheers:

GimmeThat
01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I dont know how well pressuring the ball handler works at the nba level.

But even that takes practice to not miss out on rotations as well as assignments etc.

Heavincent
01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
There's a good reason Melo has never had much playoff success

Because he's not a real superstar and you can't win with him as your best player.

The Nuggets actually had really good and deep teams, but Kobe shit on Melo and showed him what a real superstar looks like.

08 quarterfinals:
Kobe - 34/6/5 50%
Melo - 23/10/2 36% (:roll:)

09 WCF:
Kobe - 34/6/6 48%
Melo - 28/5/4 41%

FatComputerNerd
01-06-2015, 02:19 PM
do you think any coach he ever had (except Mike Woodoson) wanted him to dribble 10 seconds and take a step back-fadeaway 3 pointer with a hand in his face?

Thing is, Dion pretty much did the same thing, frequently.

JR is taller, and a better shooter though. He's also of course more of a 2/3 as opposed to a 1/2 like Dion, where we had a bit of a log-jam. (thank-god no more having to watch that 3-guard lineup w/ Kyrie, Dion, and Delly all out there!)

The more I've thought about this deal, the less-pissed I am about it. Obviously the addition of Shump' should help big-time too.

I will miss Dion though, and def. wish him the best in OKC.

Now let's go get that rim-protector!

Teanett
01-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Thing is, Dion pretty much did the same thing, frequently.

JR is taller, and a better shooter though. He's also of course more of a 2/3 as opposed to a 1/2 like Dion, where we had a bit of a log-jam. (thank-god no more having to watch that 3-guard lineup w/ Kyrie, Dion, and Delly all out there!)

The more I've thought about this deal, the less-pissed I am about it. Obviously the addition of Shump' should help big-time too.

I will miss Dion though, and def. wish him the best in OKC.

Now let's go get that rim-protector!

Dalembert?

:D

smoovegittar
01-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Let these loser McBron fans find out the hard way. I'm thrilled that dumb-ass is gone.