PDA

View Full Version : LeBron birthday interview

Trollsmasher
12-30-2014, 10:49 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2311703-lebron-james-exclusive-at-30-how-he-sees-his-game-his-family-and-the-future

B/R: Is there something that between 30 and 35, or 40, by the time you're done, that you'd like to see changed in the league?

LJ: Fundamentals. Fundamentals and the thinking game. That's what I would like to change. There's not many guys that think the game. And the fundamentals are not where they used to be.

LeBron knows what's wrong with the league:facepalm

Myth
12-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Does that include the crab dribble?

BuffaloBill
12-30-2014, 11:08 AM
That's the most boring interview I've ever read. LeBron is dry as ****.

Le Shaqtus
12-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes because LeBron's fundamentals are so sound.

riseagainst
12-30-2014, 11:26 AM
:oldlol:

Clyde
12-30-2014, 12:30 PM

:applause:

pegasus
12-30-2014, 12:35 PM
This. The guy got by all these years with his freakish athleticism. He is the last one to talk about fundamentals unless he is pointing out his lack of them.

pauk
12-30-2014, 12:56 PM
lol @ these delusional cynics above.... Lebron's fundamentals have grown to a point where you can compare it to anybody in NBA history, he is as smart as anybody ever was and is tremendously skilled, the only guy more skilled at his size & over was Larry Bird.... he would have been absolutely nothing without his fundamentals (IQ / Skills), the way you speak of him makes him look like Gerald Green or Harold Miner or something.....

Mr. Jabbar
12-30-2014, 12:58 PM
fell asleep halfway through it :sleeping

russwest0
12-30-2014, 01:00 PM
lol @ these delusional cynics above.... Lebron's fundamentals have grown to a point where you can compare it to anybody in NBA history, he is as smart as anybody ever was and is tremendously skilled, the only guy more skilled at his size & over was Larry Bird.... he would have been absolutely nothing without his fundamentals (IQ / Skills), the way you speak of him makes him look like Gerald Green or Harold Miner or something.....

Lmao man, LeBron's not even 30 yet and his game is rapidly declining because of his lack of fundamentals.

He went from 2nd best player in the league to borderline top 5 in just one year, right after ditching his 2nd franchise.

Myth
12-30-2014, 01:03 PM

His footwork certainly leaves something to be desired and is not comparable to other all-time players. He is smart and talented, but it isn't because of his fundamentals.

pegasus
12-30-2014, 01:03 PM
The off-hand he uses constantly to push off defenders, the extra steps he takes, and his legendary flopping are not considered to be fundamentals. You should be ashamed of yourself for comparing him to someone like Bird. He is much more comparable to a prime Gerald Green with better court vision, favoritism from refs, and super-star supporting casts.

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:06 PM
I thought he was doing a Tim Duncan impersonation.

"Shit i'd say if I were Duncan"

BuffaloBill
12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I thought he was doing a Tim Duncan impersonation.

"Shit i'd say if I were Duncan"

Duncan has a sense of humor

pauk
12-30-2014, 01:20 PM
His footwork certainly leaves something to be desired and is not comparable to other all-time players.

Compared to who? Michael Jordan? Kobe Bryant? Those guys had by far the best footwork in NBA history according to me, Kobe i would say had probably the best footwork i ever seen, even better than Jordan (sorry Jordan fans)..... but compared to somebody who was known as one of the most skilled players ever Magic Johnson his footwork is i would say just as good at the very least and according to me much more advanced....

He is smart and talented, but it isn't because of his fundamentals.

Lebron came into the league being hyped as arguably/already the best passer in the game and with his ballhandling/court vision and already being so smart / understanding the fundamentals of the game (playing the right way etc.) at his size coming in as a Point-Guard at 6'8" already gave him the "Next Magic Johnson" title all around the league....

If he didnt have those FUNDAMENTALS he would come in as nothing but again another Gerald Green or Harold Miner....

He later just kept improving every single facet of the game, except for FT shooting....

Lebron is one of the most athletic players in the NBA history, SURE.... but so was Michael Jordan, probably more........ but they would be nowhere that great without the fundamentals....

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Pauk LBJ doesn't have enough fundamentals for you to write all of that.

Mr. Jabbar
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

pauk
12-30-2014, 01:27 PM

...and I was just surprised you had enough fundamentals to respond on the subject.... maybe one day you can step up and actually make a basketball argument... take your time...

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Likewise my friend.

Been waiting to see a Basketball argument from you since I got here.