PDA

View Full Version : GSW needs a healthy Bogut...

fpliii
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Seriously, they don't look like the same team without him. With Bogut, I think they're the best team in the league. Without him, they seem appreciably worse on both ends.

He's always been injury-prone, so I don't know what they can do. Even playing him sparingly until the playoffs might not be enough, since he can go down at any time. I know injuries are part of the game, but it does suck that we might not see the team at full strength come the postseason.

LAZERUSS
12-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Seriously, they don't look like the same team without him. With Bogut, I think they're the best team in the league. Without him, they seem appreciably worse on both ends.

He's always been injury-prone, so I don't know what they can do. Even playing him sparingly until the playoffs might not be enough, since he can go down at any time. I know injuries are part of the game, but it does suck that we might not see the team at full strength come the postseason.

And David Lee is just as injury-prone, as well.

I agree with you. I don't think they fare well in the playoffs without a legitimate center.

fpliii
12-26-2014, 11:11 AM
And David Lee is just as injury-prone, as well.

I agree with you. I don't think they fare well in the playoffs without a legitimate center.
It was a bit before my time, but I'd have to imagine this is what it was like with Walton. Bogut's not as talented, but I'd think he could be a key player on a championship caliber team.

LAZERUSS
12-26-2014, 11:14 AM
It was a bit before my time, but I'd have to imagine this is what it was like with Walton. Bogut's not as talented, but I'd think he could be a key player on a championship caliber team.

He has been a good defensive center when healthy. But as you said, without a quality big man, the Warriors are probably doomed. They can probably win a few playoff games if they get hot from the outside, but it will be because they outscore the other team, and not because of stops.

imdaman99
12-26-2014, 11:44 AM
No Bogut = they lose to OKC in the 1st round.

Rameek
12-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Samuel Dalembert is available for the picking.... Perfect fit for a team that needs a defensive guy for 15 minutes or so a game.

This wasnt a championship calibur team so implying they are the best starting a 6'7" PF light in the pants really isnt saying much. Definitely a regular season studd team. They would not match up well in a playoff series with the likes of LA, Memphis, OKC, Houston, Portland, SA.

They are drastically different though without him but banking on an injury prone guy to carry them the season really doesnt bode well.

ImKobe
12-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Isn't Bogut injured like every year before the Playoffs? Dude's like Varejao...

If I was GSW, I would move the nikka as quick as possible, they should have put up Bogut + something for Love.

Dr.J4ever
12-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Yes, the West is starting to look very interesting.

SA still looks like the team to beat for me once they get completely healthy. Memphis is real, but I just don't know if they have enough from the perimeter to win.

Did you guys watch Inside the NBA? Charles said Portland would be the best team right now if the Playoffs started?

All Net
12-26-2014, 12:34 PM
He's back in a few days..

navy
12-26-2014, 12:37 PM
2-3 weeks I heard....

Dr.J4ever
12-26-2014, 12:41 PM
2-3 weeks I heard....

AS Charles said on Inside the NBA, he's always going to be injured in all probability. He's a ticking time bomb.

fpliii
12-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Really? I thought he'd be out longer. Not as worried then, but the key is *staying* healthy.

All Net
12-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Kerr said he could be back on Tuesday.

Demitri98
12-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Start him, let him play ~5 minutes. Feed him in the post, run lots of PnRs with him, and funnel your defense to him at the rim. Then bench him for a while.

Put him in right before halftime and do the same.

Give him a minute or 2 of that in the 3rd to remind the other team that he's still there.

Play him normally in the last 6 minutes of the 4th to close it out.

Inferno
12-26-2014, 04:44 PM
If he's not healthy, we're ****ed

HurricaneKid
12-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Really? I thought he'd be out longer. Not as worried then, but the key is *staying* healthy.

He has degenerative knee issues. Same thing Bynum had. Its about making sure what few minutes he plays are in high leverage moments, ie- THE PLAYOFFS (where you also get more rest).

Andrew Bogut is calling his knee injury "Chondromalacia/bone edema." Chrondromalacia is basically runner's knee. Edema causes swelling/fluid

Report that Bogut is having "runner's knee", often a tendon issue, is bad given his history with microfx and cartilage issues.