PDA

View Full Version : Does Josh Smith want a ring? and if he does... Where does HE want to go?

Olacinco
12-22-2014, 08:28 PM
With the waiver, he should be getting paid in full no matter where he goes, am i right?

So assuming he wants to win a ring this season... Where will JOSH want to go?

For some reason, i think Houston will be one of his favorite's since they need him and he would basically be taking on a much more important role.
I think Dallas needs him the most and has the best shot to contend.

I don't see him playing with Boogie/Gay in Sac-Town or even Blake in LA..

Lets here some opinions! Preferably people who know Josh and his personalty a little more

Mr.Kite
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
I would say Houston. He wants to play with Dwight.

IncarceratedBob
12-22-2014, 08:30 PM
He's a cancerous piece of shit. Any team that signs him will guarantee themselves an early exit from the playoffs.

Olacinco
12-22-2014, 08:36 PM
He's a cancerous piece of shit. Any team that signs him will guarantee themselves an early exit from the playoffs.

thats exactly why i think he'll go to houston, fits in perfectly their

TheBigVeto
12-22-2014, 08:44 PM

He should join the Lakers then - at least with him they'll make the playoffs.

R.I.P.
12-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Tiffany

Akrazotile
12-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Could be wrong but I dont really see anyone wanting him. He has no position. Teams these days are basically surrounding post players with three point shooters. He cant do either. He doesnt really have value unless he accepts a bench role with inconsistent minutes which I doubt he will.

He'll end up in Sacramento bc that team values name over talent right now thanks to their new owner. Theyll prob outbid themselves and give him an unnecessary contract too.

Top Gun
12-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Dwight was the best man at his wedding so will no doubt want him in Houston.

D-FENS
12-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Could be wrong but I dont really see anyone wanting him. He has no position. Teams these days are basically surrounding post players with three point shooters. He cant do either. He doesnt really have value unless he accepts a bench role with inconsistent minutes which I doubt he will.

He'll end up in Sacramento bc that team values name over talent right now thanks to their new owner. Theyll prob outbid themselves and give him an unnecessary contract too.
trade for deron and sign josh

cousins
smith
gay
mclemore/stauskas
williams

L.Kizzle
12-23-2014, 01:21 AM
trade for deron and sign josh

cousins
smith
gay
mclemore/stauskas
williams
Gay and Smith ... :biggums:

D-FENS
12-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Gay and Smith ... :biggums:

for the lols

hawksdogsbraves
12-23-2014, 01:51 AM

I hated Josh as much as anyone in his last days in Atlanta, but this is a load of bull.

He is can still be very good player. He just needs some good coaching. Something he's never had at ANY stage of his career.

Get him out of the mindset that he's anything other than a pure 4. He can bang inside with any 4 in the league. He should not pretend to be a stretch 4, much less a SF.

He can still drive to the basket, he can still play defense. Do not let him shoot 3's and drive it into this skull that he needs to make an impact defensively like he did a couple years ago.

In the right system he could make a HUGE difference for a team hoping to make a deep playoff run.

ImKobe
12-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Spurs.

doinitbig06
12-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Spurs. yes

Kiddlovesnets
12-23-2014, 08:08 AM
From what we saw in Melo, it is not realistic to overestimate NBA players' desire to win a ring, unless they are very near retirement and cannot earn big contract anyway.

morbius
12-23-2014, 10:21 AM
From what we saw in Melo, it is not realistic to overestimate NBA players' desire to win a ring, unless they are very near retirement and cannot earn big contract anyway.

Nagga will get paid by Detroit anyway, no reason not to take the minimum and go for a ring.

I's like to see him back home in Atlanta, though. Nice insurance in case one of their bigs go down, which happens often.

gasolina
12-23-2014, 12:02 PM
I hated Josh as much as anyone in his last days in Atlanta, but this is a load of bull.

He is can still be very good player. He just needs some good coaching. Something he's never had at ANY stage of his career.

Get him out of the mindset that he's anything other than a pure 4. He can bang inside with any 4 in the league. He should not pretend to be a stretch 4, much less a SF.

He can still drive to the basket, he can still play defense. Do not let him shoot 3's and drive it into this skull that he needs to make an impact defensively like he did a couple years ago.

In the right system he could make a HUGE difference for a team hoping to make a deep playoff run.
:applause:

There was one season in the hawks where he played exclusively like a 4 and took less than 10 threes all year. Arguably his best season. But enough shooters around him and he won't even have space to stay in the 3pt line. Who's the idiot who plays him on the 3 and expect him not to take jumpshots?

I don't know if Houston fits though. Him and Dwight be missing all those FT's at cruch time.