PDA

View Full Version : Does LeBron Seem As Explosive to You Guys

upside24
12-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Most of my friends don't watch ball but I need an honest opinion on LeBron's play.

His rebounds are down and he doesn't chase blocks hasn't for years. Is he coasting a la Shaq will we remember the Cavs return as when LeBron fell off.

Westbrook, Davis, Harden and most of all Durant are not ****ing around. Not to mention Steph Curry and his beasting Warriors.

I want to see greatness but I don't want it to end with the 14 Finals.

If you want to troll go away. I can find the few good responses.

Kvnzhangyay
12-21-2014, 07:26 PM
His athleticism is still amazing, but he just seems like he can't finish/isnt staying as aggresive for some reason :confusedshrug:

His ball handling seems to be much better though

yarrak
12-21-2014, 07:27 PM
He is coasting and doesn't go as hard as he can but yes he lost some athleticism compared to last year. He looks slow out there.

Natureland
12-21-2014, 07:28 PM
His athleticism is still amazing, but he just seems like he can't finish/isnt staying as aggresive for some reason :confusedshrug:

His ball handling seems to be much better though
Do you think the weight loss caused this?

navy
12-21-2014, 07:28 PM
His ability to finish is the only thing down . He looks the same outside of that.

Lebron has always been a game rebounder. He wont try to take away from Love, TT, and Varejao

upside24
12-21-2014, 07:34 PM
I was wondering if I was the only one seeing this. Explosive blow bys and baseline drives and outright speed seems down and his 2P% is at his lowest in years unless it has changed.

He doesn't wow me anymore and seems to have gone away from the post from the games I've seen.

yarrak
12-21-2014, 07:36 PM
His ability to finish is the only thing down . He looks the same outside of that.

Lebron has always been a game rebounder. He wont try to take away from Love, TT, and Varejao

Not really, he doesn't look the same at all. He looks a step slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbLixc52Fn8

Check out this video. He lost so much athleticism compared to his younger days in Cleveland, it's not even funny.

He looks a step slower from last season as well. It's sad to see him like this..

ZeN
12-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Its a combination of lethargy from so much post season play, the weight loss and his possibly taking a break from PEDs or ped-like drugs.

He's likely taking a year off to let his body rest, then will attempt to take it up a notch during the playoffs or next season. Either way, going to Cleveland has already bought him enough good will for the immediate future. It's a good buffer until he bounces back.

Smoke117
12-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Original thread. A+

navy
12-21-2014, 07:37 PM

Check out this video. He lost so much athleticism compared to his younger days in Cleveland, it's not even funny.

He looks a step slower from last season as well. It's sad to see him like this..

I was talking about from his Miami days. Cleveland Lebron has been gone for years.

nba_55
12-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Watched him today, he looked as explosive as last year, but he wasn't as confident in his finishing ability.

yarrak
12-21-2014, 07:41 PM

I was talking about from his Miami days. Cleveland Lebron has been gone for years.

Nah man, last year he was still able to do some stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Js39ti0xz0

I've seen almost all his games this season.. He isn't the same.

outbreak
12-21-2014, 07:43 PM
As explosive compared to when? The last time we saw this thread?

JebronLames
12-21-2014, 07:45 PM
At the beginning of the year, it looked like he lost a lot of athleticism, but he is gaining it back. Must be some kind of training regimen to keep his legs fresh for the playoffs. And he is not coasting this year. He did last year tho.

upside24
12-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I know this isn't the most original thread, but I needed an opinion on this.

He is still effective and the best player in the league, he just last that dominance where you know hes gonna have 33 8 9 like every other night dropping 40's left and right (I know he has a few amazing ones so far) wrecking havok.

He doesn't overpower and postrise like the orignal LeBron.

LeBron and Westbrook at more exciting to me.

J Shuttlesworth
12-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I think the lo carb diet was a bad idea, but he's looked much better last few weeks compared to beginning of the year.

upside24
12-21-2014, 07:48 PM
As explosive compared to when? The last time we saw this thread?
Sorry not to specify.

Last year namely the Finals when he was tired compared to this season.

navy
12-21-2014, 07:48 PM
I think the lo carb diet was a bad idea, but he's looked much better last few weeks compared to beginning of the year.
Hmm....It worked for Wade.

gilalizard
12-21-2014, 07:49 PM
"Lo carb"...

lol

"Lo PED" is more like it.

LilEddyCurry
12-21-2014, 07:54 PM

Arguable the best athlete in NBA history :bowdown: :applause:

AirFederer
12-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Back pain? That kills all explosiveness.
Or just age?

Don't know, but he's still effective/great at offence, not so much on D

pauk
12-21-2014, 07:58 PM
1. He doesnt get as many fastbreak, easy & cherry picked points anymore as he did in Miami, but that might change eventually once they click (remember Miami's 1st year?).

2. He is no longer the best rebounder in his team like he was in Miami, he has one in Varejao and one in Love who is the best rebounder in the game, he lets them do their job whether he likes it or not its stupid to battle defensive rebounds with them, really means nothing, unless he attacks the offensive rebounds but he trades that with being 1st back on defense instead i guess or simply just being lazy.

3. Lebron is the same exact player as he has been the past 4 years really, athletically & everything, perhaps more skilled i would guess (tuned post moves, handling & who knows). He sure looks more athletic than in 2010, he came in running & jumping like Boris Diaw that season.

4. He doesnt care about MVP or anything Individual like that anymore, NOTHING more to prove there.... its all about the improvement of the team (and the goal of a championship to Cleveland), if MVP comes then naturally, then sure why not. These are the first games these Cavs play together with new coach, offense, roster etc.... he is just trying to find ways to make his teammates better and experimenting how HE should adjust his game for them to be the most successful.... be more of a scorer or a passer, doesnt matter......... once they click Cavs will be awesome.... and all he will (and does) care about is the playoffs, bringing a championship to Cleveland.... he will retire there trying to do only that, thats the only goal left....

JebronLames
12-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry not to specify.

Last year namely the Finals when he was tired compared to this season.
black and white?