PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...the truth is revealing itself between Parsons and Ariza.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 03:12 PM
After the hot start by Ariza and the slow start from Parsons, people were quick to cast judgment. Of course, I knew neither would last. It's only going to get worse for Ariza as Parsons continues to get better.

Ariza - 37% from the field, 34.8 from 3.

Parsons - 44.2% from the field, 36.7% from 3.

:roll:

Jlamb47
12-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Per 36

Ariza 13.5 PPG 5.9 RPg 2.1 APG 37FG%

Parson 17.5PPG 5.4 RPG 2.6 APG 44FG%

so yeah Chandler > Ariza

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Ariza is a much better defender. Parsons scores a bit more, but gives up a ton more points.

Ariza is still better, as evidenced by Houston's record. 18-5, 3rd best record in the NBA.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Ariza is a much better defender. Parsons scores a bit more, but gives up a ton more points.

Ariza is still better, as evidenced by Houston's record. 18-5, 3rd best record in the NBA.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Cool argument, will read again.

ralph_i_el
12-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Otto Porter is better than LeBron, as evidenced by the Wizards record.

Ariza dribbles at a 5th grade level.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 03:34 PM

LeBron is proven. The stats and accolades are there. Good job, good effort doe. Are you willing to give it another shot?

DirkNowitzki41
12-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Chandler Parsons is a better player than Ariza? Who knew..

brantonli
12-17-2014, 03:37 PM

No, Ariza can barely dribble, maybe more like at kindergarten level.

But the point is, Ariza never has to, because Harden can get him the ball in the corner easily. Also, Parsons is most definitely better than Ariza on offense, but on defence, no question Ariza is more valuable.

Smook A.
12-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Why are you even comparing these two? :oldlol: Parsons is obviously the better player. Ariza just fits better with Houston.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Chandler Parsons is a better player than Ariza? Who knew..

Apparently a lot of people thought otherwise.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Why are you even comparing these two? :oldlol: Parsons is obviously the better player. Ariza just fits better with Houston.

About damn time you admitted it.

DirkNowitzki41
12-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Apparently a lot of people thought otherwise.

yeah, mostly rocket fans who just wanted to make themselves feel better that they let go of a future all-star :applause:

SupermanOnSteroids
12-17-2014, 03:47 PM
offensively Parsons is definitely head and shoulders above Ariza.

but then again, who was defense? :confusedshrug:

houston is suddenly pretty good at defense despite Harden. Biggest change - Ariza for Parsons.

2014 Houston defense 95.3ppg, 2nd in the league
2013 Houston defense 103.1ppg, 23rd in the league

2014 Dallas defense 102.6ppg, 23nd in the league, despite Tyson Chandler addition
2013 Dallas defense 102.4ppg, 19th in the league, with Samuel Dalembert

But!!! OTOH

Dallas is suddenly the best offensive team. Biggest offensive addition - Parsons for Marion.

meanwhile in dallas, we can't stop anyone.

2014 Dallas offense 109.8ppg, 1st in the league with Dirk averaging 19ppg
2013 Dallas offense 104.8ppg, 8th in the league with Dirk averaging 22ppg

2014 Houston offense 99.6ppg, 18th in the league with Ariza
2013 Houston offense 107.7ppg, 2nd in the league with Parsons

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 03:53 PM

I disagree. But just to keep the thread going forward, the gap isn't that huge where Parsons is warranted twice the money. Not to mention the type of players these guys are.

Parsons is the flashy guy who scores all the time. Ariza is the 3 and D guy who helps his team win in the playoffs. Once Howard, Canaan, Jones and Papa come back and Ariza isn't forced to create for the team, his numbers will get better.

Houston plays defende, the type of team to win ball games despite playing like shit offensively. Dallas doesn't play defense at all and is heavily offensively oriented. In short, one team is built for the regular season, the other defensive minded team is built for the playoffs. Is it really a coincidence that after signing Parsons, Dallas became shit defensively? and after signing Ariza Houston suddenly became a powerhouse defensively?

With that said, the Rockets so far have surprisingly a better record. Houston wins, again. :lol

Dallas has the better looking player doe, I'll give them that. :lol

UK2K
12-17-2014, 03:55 PM
About damn time you admitted it.
Nobody ever tried to argue Ariza us better than Parsons.

Ariza is a much better fit for Houston though. His defense is far superior to Parsons, which is just what Houston needed. Parsons was and is replaceable. Ariza is far more valuable for Houston.

Offensively its obvious who is better. Arizas defense doesn't show up in the box score.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 03:56 PM
I disagree. But just to keep the thread going forward, the gap isn't that huge where Parsons is warranted twice the money. Not to mention the type of players these guys are.

Parsons is the flashy guy who scores all the time. Ariza is the 3 and D guy who helps his team win in the playoffs. Once Howard, Canaan, Jones and Papa come back and Ariza isn't forced to create for the team, his numbers will get better.

Houston plays defende, the type of team to win ball games despite playing like shit offensively. Dallas doesn't play defense at all and is heavily offensively oriented. In short, one team is built for the regular season, the other defensive minded team is built for the playoffs. Is it really a coincidence that after signing Parsons, Dallas became shit defensively? and after signing Ariza Houston suddenly became a powerhouse defensively?

With that said, the Rockets so far have surprisingly a better record. Houston wins, again. :lol

Dallas has the better looking player doe, I'll give them that. :lol

Everyone knows the Mavs are title contenders and the Rockets are not.

All the rhetoric in the world won't change that.

LMAO @ the Rockets being built for the playoffs. We'll see.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 03:58 PM

That's cool that you live in your little fantasy world. I'll deal with reality doe.

18-5, one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.

el_locoteee
12-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Nice thread to bump later.

Lets wait for Houston squad to get healthy specially Howard and see the efficiency of Ariza goes up.

He will end up shooting around 40% from 3.

And Ariza is winning at a better % with a incomplete team while Parson is not wining at the same rate with a fully healthy team and supposedly a stack team.

Dengness9
12-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Chandler is a better player overall in most cases.

But lettuce be real......we'll have to see if Parsons can have as much impact on a contender as Ariza had that one year in LA when they won. Trevor was an xfactor in that finals FA sho.

Dengness9
12-17-2014, 04:33 PM

I don't think everyone does know that. What the Rockets have done without Dwight is downright eye opening. You gotta give em some kind of credit dog.

ElPigto
12-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Does it really matter who the better player is in this case? When you compare both offensuve and defensive numbers, its clear that both players are pretty equal. Ariza doesn't have the offensive skillset Parsons has just like Parsons does not have the defensive skills that Ariza has. Once everybody is healthy Arizas offensive numbers will look a lot better and possibly equal to Parsobs production, but that definitely would not make Ariza a better offensive player. In Houstons current scheme, Ariza is just a much better fit. I am not sure why Houston and Dallas fans get caught up in this argument. Ultimately, neither player could lead a team to be great. They are just good complimentary pieces to a team that has great players.

J Shuttlesworth
12-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Kobe stans laughing at other people's FG%? :biggums:

UK2K
12-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't think everyone does know that. What Hardenhas done without Dwight is downright eye opening. You gotta give em some kind of credit dog.

28.7 ppg
6.4 apg
6.3 rpg
2.3 spg
1.3 bpg

45/39/88

Dengness9
12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
28.7 ppg
6.4 apg
6.3 rpg
2.3 spg
1.3 bpg

45/39/88

Fair enough but it's still a team game. Harden has been a top MVP candidate doe.

Let's not diminish other guys stepping up. Donatas has been very good:applause:

dreamwarrior
12-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Ariza is on a cold streak. Don't act like he's going to score 37% the entire season. He's about to get hot again and balance it out. Offensively Ariza has more tools than Parsons.

Akrazotile
12-17-2014, 04:55 PM

Wait... Did you just really say that??

Ill actually take Ariza in this comparison..... But lol at basing it on the teams records.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Wait... Did you just really say that??

Yeah.

Ariza is on a cold streak. Don't act like he's going to score 37% the entire season. He's about to get hot again and balance it out. Offensively Ariza has more tools than Parsons.

Agreed.

ralph_i_el
12-17-2014, 05:16 PM
More offensive tools? Ariza looks like he skipped all the skill drills as a kid and ran sprints instead. All he's good for on O is running the floor and spoting up. That has value. He doesn't hurt spacing at least

Parsons can make plays and shoot off the bounce.

MP.Trey
12-17-2014, 05:25 PM
:biggums:

Ariza is a spot up shooter on offense. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll give him props, he's a really good catch and shoot guy, which was one of, if not his biggest weakness coming into the league. But that's all he provides offensively, it's his defense that deserves real praise.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Myth: Parsons can create his own shot. It's hilarious reading these comments from posters who I'm sure have not watched Parsons play, at all.

Ask any Rockets fan, those who've watched Parsons play every game. Parsons can't create his own shot.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Myth: Parsons can create his own shot. It's hilarious reading these comments from posters who I'm sure have not watched Parsons play, at all.

Ask any Rockets fan, those who've watched Parsons play every game. Parsons can't create his own shot.

You're trolling, bro. I watched Parsons 4 years at Florida and every year in the NBA. Parsons can create his own shot and does so frequently. He is good at using his dribble to get towards the basket. He has a floater in the lane off the dribble, a straight to the rim drive, and a pull up jumper that definitely needs to improve.

Stop the trolling.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 05:44 PM
You're trolling, bro. I watched Parsons 4 years at Florida and every year in the NBA. Parsons can create his own shot and does so frequently. He is good at using his dribble to get towards the basket. He has a floater in the lane off the dribble, a straight to the rim drive, and a pull up jumper that definitely needs to improve.

Stop the trolling.

Parsons can't create his own shot. He has a ridiculous looking but effective pump-fake. Players keep falling for it and that's how he usually "creates" his own shot. But his handles are weak for a scoring small forward.

Educate yourself before posting, bro.

pnyozzzoo
12-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Clay is a much better defender. Harden scores a bit more, but gives up a ton more points.

Clay is still better, as evidenced by warrior's record. 21-3, best record in the NBA.

Corrected.:applause:

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Parsons can't create his own shot. He has a ridiculous looking but effective pump-fake. Players keep falling for it and that's how he usually "creates" his own shot. But his handles are weak for a scoring small forward.

Educate yourself before posting, bro.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9445016&postcount=11

He's top 5 SF according to you though.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 06:04 PM

A year ago he was playing like one. He's regressed to the mean since then.

Good job good effort, doe.

Corrected.:applause:

Disagree. Don't want to derail the thread though, feel free to make another thread and I'll chip in.

ralph_i_el
12-17-2014, 07:29 PM
A year ago he was playing like one. He's regressed to the mean since then.

Good job good effort, doe.

Disagree. Don't want to derail the thread though, feel free to make another thread and I'll chip in.
:roll: you got served bro

J Shuttlesworth
12-17-2014, 07:33 PM

Quality ether but man... how do you peeps remember this shit? you keep it bookmarked? :biggums:

Smoke117
12-17-2014, 07:35 PM
offensively Parsons is definitely head and shoulders above Ariza.

but then again, who was defense? :confusedshrug:

houston is suddenly pretty good at defense despite Harden. Biggest change - Ariza for Parsons.

2014 Houston defense 95.3ppg, 2nd in the league
2013 Houston defense 103.1ppg, 23rd in the league

2014 Dallas defense 102.6ppg, 23nd in the league, despite Tyson Chandler addition
2013 Dallas defense 102.4ppg, 19th in the league, with Samuel Dalembert

But!!! OTOH

Dallas is suddenly the best offensive team. Biggest offensive addition - Parsons for Marion.

meanwhile in dallas, we can't stop anyone.

2014 Dallas offense 109.8ppg, 1st in the league with Dirk averaging 19ppg
2013 Dallas offense 104.8ppg, 8th in the league with Dirk averaging 22ppg

2014 Houston offense 99.6ppg, 18th in the league with Ariza
2013 Houston offense 107.7ppg, 2nd in the league with Parsons

Are clowns like you still on this? Harden is one of the best defensive guards in the league this season, period. End of story, End of discussion.

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 07:41 PM
:roll: you got served bro

Cool rolling smiley, but I can't take your emoticons seriously. Parsons cannot create his own shot and posting a laughing smiley isn't a good counter argument.

Try again.

Cocaine80s
12-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Parsons is irrelevant.

No one talks about him anymore ever since he left houston (besides op)

ralph_i_el
12-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Are clowns like you still on this? Harden is one of the best defensive guards in the league this season, period. End of story, End of discussion.
He has definitely been much better. Often times he looked like he was conserving energy last year, and I think the addition of Ariza has allowed him to take less defensive responsibility in a way that doesn't hurt the team like last year

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Look what Oarabbus said about Parsons last season. Remember, he's a GSW fan. He has no dog in this fight.

I always lol when Parsons tries to show off his handles or lead the break... fails miserably every time. Give the ball to Harden/Lin/Beverly and RUN the break you idiot. His strength is cutting and he's among the best in the league in that, he should not be ISO'ing

"B..bu...you're only saying he doesn't have handles because you're a salty rockets fan!" :oldlol:

Like I said, he can't create his own shot, he actually has below average handles for a scoring offensive minded small forward. His strength is cutting and moving without the ball. Just don't give him the ball and expect him to create for others.

Seriously do people even watch the games? Bunch of ignorant clowns. lmao

KungFuJoe
12-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Ariza was playing over his head. I knew it wouldn't last and I like Ariza.

Parsons is a horrible defender though. Hes pretty slow laterally...more like a straight line slasher.

He's a baller though with more skills in his left pinky than Ariza has in his entire body.

Plus he's young. Ariza isn't. If you take that into consideration he's more valuable than Ariza even with their salaries.

tontoz
12-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Ariza is tied for 2nd in the league in minutes at 38.1 per game. In December he is playing 41.7 per game. With all of Houston's injuries his minutes are way up. Not surprising he is struggling.

The more important issue is the fact that Houston is 18-5 in the west despite all their injuries. They are going to be tough when they get healthy.

BigMacAttack
12-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Budadii with the ether.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 10:16 PM

Ether.

And uh oh again, Parsons currently has 26 and 6 in the third. The rise continues.

JohnFreeman
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Parsons is handsome, so of course he would get paid more

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 10:37 PM
18-5

I win, again.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 10:39 PM
18-5

I win, again.

29 and 7 so far for Parsons.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 10:44 PM
32 and 7 and counting...

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 10:50 PM
18-5

I win, again.
Again?

http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/pgmain/img/oregonian/photo/2014/05/-1ef5b5afd0c919ca.JPG

Great D from Parsons, can't believe he hit that shot. Houston has OKC's trash, a third rate star in Harden. You think they'll EVER beat them in the playoffs? You have a better shot being an abercrombie model than Houston does ever beating OKC.

Get out of the first round before you talk shit, you fat mexican malignancy.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Again?

http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/pgmain/img/oregonian/photo/2014/05/-1ef5b5afd0c919ca.JPG

Great D from Parsons, can't believe he hit that shot. Houston has OKC's trash, a third rate star in Harden. You think they'll EVER beat them in the playoffs? You have a better shot being an abercrombie model than Houston does ever beating OKC.

:lebronamazed:

BigMacAttack
12-17-2014, 11:33 PM
YGS got exposed badly haha

YouGotServed
12-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Again?

tl;dr

18-5

YGS stays winning

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Parsons is the better overall player in a vacuum, but I actually think Ariza fits better both on the Rockets and the Mavs. He fills a void that both teams need in a huge way.

RoseCity07
12-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Parsons isn't that good. He's easy to shut down if it comes down to it. Ariza gives you great defense so it doesn't matter if he slumps. All of Parson's confidence is in his offense.

masonanddixon
12-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Parsons isn't that good. He's easy to shut down if it comes down to it. Ariza gives you great defense so it doesn't matter if he slumps. All of Parson's confidence is in his offense.

Parsons was a shutdown defender as a rookie, it's not like he's terrible on that end. He has played guys pretty well this season so far and he's far better offensively than Ariza.

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Uh oh...Ariza is at it again...

3-11 and 2-7.

VIntageNOvel
12-18-2014, 01:51 AM

3-11 and 2-7.

few years with the GOAT do wonder for him :cheers:

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 01:54 AM
few years with the GOAT do wonder for him :cheers:

Half his salary should go to Kobe.

FlashDwyaneWade3
12-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Trevor Ariza sucks without Kobe as his teammate. He has struggled with his jumper since leaving L.A.

no pun intended
12-18-2014, 03:13 AM
Trevor Ariza sucks without Kobe as his teammate. He has struggled with his jumper since leaving L.A.
I can tell that you never watched him during his Wizards stint.

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 03:16 AM

3-11 and 2-7.

Yeah. He had a tough game tonight. Hopefully he doesn't stink it up again tomorrow.

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Yeah. He had a tough game tonight. Hopefully he doesn't stink it up again tomorrow.

They won, though.

Gotta overlook it.

FlashDwyaneWade3
12-18-2014, 03:42 AM
I can tell that you never watched him during his Wizards stint.
Oh I have. Just 1 good year of shooting with the Wiz last year then came back crashing down.

UK2K
12-18-2014, 04:12 AM
If he brings A+ defense every night, I don't care what he shoots.

Beverley got the same treatment last season. Ariza was brought in for defense, and hes been everything Houston has needed.

Bev was 3-9 tonight and I wouldn't trade him for anybody. He's a perfect fit next to Harden, just as Ariza is.

andremiller07
12-18-2014, 04:15 AM
End of day no matter how Parsons does the Rockets got a starting SF with a chance to sign another good player due to his friendly salary compared to Chandler.

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 04:30 AM
If he brings A+ defense every night, I don't care what he shoots.

Beverley got the same treatment last season. Ariza was brought in for defense, and hes been everything Houston has needed.

Bev was 3-9 tonight and I wouldn't trade him for anybody. He's a perfect fit next to Harden, just as Ariza is.

Yeah. Ariza is the ultimate professional. He doesn't complaint, doesnt show up to training camp overweight, doesn't ask for touches or a ridiculous contract. Brings his A game defensively every night. To say I'm happy with the Trevor Ariza signing would be an understatement.

Him and Beverley do so much for the team and none of it shows up in the box score. I watched Beverley guard Lawson late in the 4th quarter, he didn't get a steal, block his shot or anything like that. McHale subs Johnson in and Lawson immediately crosses him and drives to the basket. I don't remember if he got fouled, scored or if he kicked it out. The point is, he went by him and broke the defense down. You rarely see someone go by Beverley like that.

The ability to guard your man one on one without putting so much pressure on your big guys is so f*cking huge. Houston is lucky to have signed both Ariza and Beverley. They're pitbulls. Especially Beverley, he doesn't back down from anybody. But yeah, sometimes we take defense for granted.