PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta's winning streak is a fluke. Easiest schedule in the NBA

Ariza4three
12-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Have only played one team over .500 this year (Toronto) and lost that game. They're a joke.

navy
12-12-2014, 11:40 PM
You play who is on your schedule. This isnt college football where you pick your teams. It will even out at the end.

noob cake
Have only played one team over .500 this year (Toronto) and lost that game. They're a joke.

This is true, worst schedule in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Ariza4three
You play who is on your schedule. This isnt college football where you pick your teams. It will even out at the end.
OK. That has nothing to do with their streak being a fluke

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 11:41 PM
We can't help it if we get to play shitty teams like the Magic :confusedshrug:

All we can do is play the teams on the schedule.

I personally can't wait to play some of the big boys.

ProfessorMurder
12-12-2014, 11:42 PM
I think it is college football, because Bran picks his teams.

Al Thornton
12-12-2014, 11:42 PM
i wish my team played in the east

it's so unfair

fsvr54
12-12-2014, 11:43 PM

We beat the Wizards.

AnaheimLakers24
12-12-2014, 11:44 PM
better than magic. hows their lakers program looking?

navy
12-12-2014, 11:44 PM
He practices free agency like any other player besides rookies can. I obviously meant schedule your opponents.

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 11:45 PM

Eh, not so great. I think you guys will like Oladipo in 3 or 4 years though.

Ariza4three
12-12-2014, 11:45 PM
How's your teeth looking? I can smell your nasty ass breath from here boy.

YouGotServed
12-12-2014, 11:47 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/89885-Antonio-Banderas-computer-reac-NfDw.gif

Ariza4three
12-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Eh, not so great. I think you guys will like Oladipo in 3 or 4 years though.
Were you alive when the Hawks last made it to the 2nd round?

BuffaloBill
12-12-2014, 11:51 PM
How's your teeth looking? I can smell your nasty ass breath from here boy.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Were you alive when the Hawks last made it to the 2nd round?

In 2011?

Uh... yeah?

BuffaloBill
12-12-2014, 11:53 PM
In 2011?

Uh... yeah?

Well... this is awkward :lol

ThatCoolKid
12-12-2014, 11:53 PM
In 2011?

Uh... yeah?

Ayyy lmao.

Jameer taking the L, as always.

Ariza4three
12-12-2014, 11:55 PM
In 2011?

Uh... yeah?
Act like it then you fool. Don't brag on your mediocre ass team or I'll do what I'm doing right now and slap you the **** out of your senses.

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Act like it then you fool. Don't brag on your mediocre ass team or I'll do what I'm doing right now and slap you the **** out of your senses.

Act like I'm three years old?

Pretty sure that's your schtick, don't want to step on any toes around here :rolleyes:

Ariza4three
12-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Act like I'm three years old?

Pretty sure that's your schtick, don't want to step on any toes around here :rolleyes:
You already stepped on the biggest toe here boy. Find your place under the throne.

TheWINdyCity
12-13-2014, 12:07 AM
:roll:

PsychoBe
12-13-2014, 04:56 AM
You already stepped on the biggest toe here boy. Find your place under the throne.

how old are you really?

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Alright Jameer, get out here and watch your Magic lose the 4th quarter like a man

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Observation: Elfrid Payton lacks the lateral quickness to ever be a very good guard in the NBA.

The rest of his game isn't particularly well developed either, but lateral quickness isn't something you can teach.

Uncle Drew
12-13-2014, 09:55 PM
In 2011?

Uh... yeah?
:oldlol:

Ariza4three
12-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Observation: Elfrid Payton lacks the lateral quickness to ever be a very good guard in the NBA.

The rest of his game isn't particularly well developed either, but lateral quickness isn't something you can teach.
lol

SexSymbol
12-13-2014, 10:01 PM
In 2011?

Uh... yeah?
destruction.
Jameer's taking it up the ass from this forum ever since he signed up here

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Korver! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

SexSymbol
12-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Korver is god, god damn my money is on the line here and he made that three, hope that Orlando don't make a shot today, they played good, just a tad worse than the Hawks

SexSymbol
12-13-2014, 10:28 PM

hawksdogsbraves
Well, ****

Uncle Drew
Korver! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Lol.

Harris at the buzzer.

Proctor
Yuck.

TemporaMutantur
Korver is god, god damn my money is on the line here and he made that three, hope that Orlando don't make a shot today, they played good, just a tad worse than the Hawks

Ha, sucks for you.

SexSymbol
****ing shit

Ariza4three
12-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Where you at *****? Tobias MOTHER ****ING HARRIS BOY

BuffaloBill
12-13-2014, 10:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ariza4three
12-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Alright Jameer, get out here and watch your Magic lose the 4th quarter like a man
WHERE ARE YOU BOY? WHERE THE **** Are you aAT *****? WHERE ARE YOU?

waseem780
12-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Tobias !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyBravo5
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
F*** me!

Hotlantadude81
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
This loss discredits the winning streak. :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 10:32 PM
WHERE ARE YOU BOY? WHERE THE **** Are you aAT *****? WHERE ARE YOU?

Well shit I guess I got to take it on this one :facepalm

Ariza4three
12-13-2014, 10:33 PM
TOBIAS IS THAT ***** BOYS. ALL YOU BITCHES STEP THE **** DOWN
Pureeeee Magic!

fsvr54
12-13-2014, 10:39 PM
A loss every once in a while is good, a team needs a fire lit under their collective asses sometimes.

Hotlantadude81
12-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Loss to the Orlando Tragic. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

atljonesbro
12-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Loss to the Orlando Tragic. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Even after a 9 game win streak....:roll: you're a lost cause.

Hotlantadude81
12-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Even after a 9 game win streak....:roll: you're a lost cause.

A winning streak by being crap teams. This team ain't legit.

This team is the 5th best team in this conference... At best.

That's nothing to get excited about. It's the leastern conference.

andremiller07
12-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Solid/Good teams beat the team's they are suppose to, elite teams but good teams. Atlanta right now is a solid/good team.

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 10:52 PM

You gotta be happy you can show your face in here for the first time in two weeks huh?

Hotlantadude81
12-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Solid/Good teams beat the team's they are suppose to, elite teams but good teams. Atlanta right now is a solid/good team.

They're the 5th best team in the leastern conference.... Which is not an accomplishment. First round exit again. :sleeping

Well, they didn't beat Orlando, Lakers or Charlotte and look how terrible their records are.

Hotlantadude81
12-13-2014, 10:55 PM
You gotta be happy you can show your face in here for the first time in two weeks huh?

All they beat were shitty teams. I could have come here everyday and said that.

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 10:56 PM
All they beat were shitty teams. I could have come here everyday and said that.

Good teams beat shitty teams, what do you want them to do? :confusedshrug:

andremiller07
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
I don't understand why the Hawks don't have more fans, they make the playoffs and have easily one of the most likeable rosters in the NBA. I can't think of a single guy on that team you could hate. They play some of the best team basketball in the NBA I don't get why there stadium is half full.

I rather be a first round exit/2nd round exit than not making the playoffs. How could you hate on guys like Milsap/Horford/Teague/Korver/Carroll?

fsvr54
12-13-2014, 11:03 PM
They're the 5th best team in the leastern conference.... Which is not an accomplishment. First round exit again. :sleeping

Well, they didn't beat Orlando, Lakers or Charlotte and look how terrible their records are.

No, they're 3rd best right now.

Legends66NBA7
12-13-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't understand why the Hawks don't have more fans

Could be wrong, but it seems like Atlanta isn't much of a sports town. The Hawks don't exactly have a history to be liked since they moved to Atlanta.

navy
12-13-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't understand why the Hawks don't have more fans, they make the playoffs and have easily one of the most likeable rosters in the NBA. I can't think of a single guy on that team you could hate. They play some of the best team basketball in the NBA I don't get why there stadium is half full.

I rather be a first round exit/2nd round exit than not making the playoffs. How could you hate on guys like Milsap/Horford/Teague/Korver/Carroll?
They make the playoffs ever year and lose in the playoffs every year. They are a good team that is never gonna be anything more than that. Just like all Atlanta Sports. Good enough to make the playoffs, never great enough to contend. Atlanta fans just dont care anymore.

andremiller07
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
They make the playoffs ever year and lose in the playoffs every year. They are a good team that is never gonna be anything more than that. Just like all Atlanta Sports. Good enough to make the playoffs, never great enough to contend. Atlanta fans just dont care anymore.
What's wrong with that? At least every year they give themselves a chance to do something even if they won't likely do anything.

Legends66NBA7
12-13-2014, 11:11 PM

I've seen the Braves contend and win.

hawksdogsbraves
12-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Could be wrong, but it seems like Atlanta isn't much of a sports town. The Hawks don't exactly have a history to be liked since they moved to Atlanta.

There's more to it than that but you're not wrong. The Hawks have never done anything to inspire loyalty and draw in people to buy up season tickets.

Atlanta is also a very spread out town, the vast majority of the population lives out in the suburbs and are more 'college football' types. The drama we had before the season regarding having a 'dark' crowd or whatever it was had to do with that idea.

The bottom line is pretty simple though, you have to win to establish a real fanbase. The Cavs had garbage fans before LeBron and getting a taste for winning turned them into a great fanbase who stuck around even in the lean years while he was in Miami. The Hawks have never even made an ECF, much less had an all-time great in his prime leading the team.

Hotlantadude81
12-14-2014, 12:01 AM
No, they're 3rd best right now.

Not for long.

atljonesbro
12-14-2014, 12:05 AM
I hate when morons like yourself say they'll never be more than just good. You must be one of those kids who like the whole concept of about 3-4 teams having an actual shot every year and just bandwagon who's on top.

navy
12-14-2014, 12:10 AM
I hate when morons like yourself say they'll never be more than just good. You must be one of those kids who like the whole concept of about 3-4 teams having an actual shot every year and just bandwagon who's on top.It's true, dont get mad cause everyone knows it. Just because people acknowledge doesnt mean they want the same teams to win. Atlanta has just never been a real contender for a long time. Maybe Bud will change things, he probably wont.

hawksdogsbraves
12-14-2014, 12:15 AM
It's true, dont get mad cause everyone knows it. Just because people acknowledge doesnt mean they want the same teams to win. Atlanta has just never been a real contender for a long time. Maybe Bud will change things, he probably wont.

I mean do you actually believe that?

There's not some mystical force holding us back. OKC lucked out and got Durant with the second pick, a different lottery ball and they're garbage. Same with most of the good teams in the whole league.

Legends66NBA7
12-14-2014, 12:15 AM
I hate when morons like yourself say they'll never be more than just good. You must be one of those kids who like the whole concept of about 3-4 teams having an actual shot every year and just bandwagon who's on top.

In the NBA, it's more often than not a fact. It's the hardest title to win amongst the big 4 sports. Only 9 teams have won the title since the 3 point line was introduced. Only 5 teams have won the title since the turn of the century (Lakers, Spurs, and Heat have 12 of the last 14 titles; Spurs have 5 if I counted 1 more year).

The NHL, MLB, and NFL have far better parity because on how their games are played and is not overtly dependent on having the best player or most talent.

navy
12-14-2014, 12:19 AM
I mean do you actually believe that?

There's not some mystical force holding us back. OKC lucked out and got Durant with the second pick, a different lottery ball and they're garbage. Same with most of the good teams in the whole league.
And there's the problem. Hawks will never be bad enough to get a Durant and never good enough to make noise and attract top tier free agents.

I mean yeah, Hawks could hit the jackpot and someone like Schroder becomes Westrook, but are you really expecting that?

hawksdogsbraves
12-14-2014, 12:22 AM
In the NBA, it's more often than not a fact. It's the hardest title to win amongst the big 4 sports. Only 9 teams have won the title since the 3 point line was introduced. Only 5 teams have won the title since the turn of the century (Lakers, Spurs, and Heat have 12 of the last 14 titles; Spurs have 5 if I counted 1 more year).

The NHL, MLB, and NFL have far better parity because on how their games are played and is not overtly dependent on having the best player or most talent.

You're 100% right but the idea that Atlanta fans should give up hope because we've always been mediocre doesn't make sense.

The difference between a championship and the lottery can be as little as a lottery ball coming up your way or your GM being in the right place at the right time to make a big move.

There's no reason why Hawks fans can't be happy with the direction Bud has this franchise pointed in and the opportunities that our roster flexibility gives us going forward.

navy
12-14-2014, 12:23 AM

lol, before that it was the Bulls 6 times and Rockets twice. Keep going. Pistons twice, Celtics three times, Lakers 5 times.

Parity in the NBA is a joke.

atljonesbro
12-14-2014, 12:23 AM
It's true, dont get mad cause everyone knows it. Just because people acknowledge doesnt mean they want the same teams to win. Atlanta has just never been a real contender for a long time. Maybe Bud will change things, he probably wont.
What are the lottery numbers?

You really just spew a lot of garbage and have no clue what you're talking about. You're more concerned with the teams status in the nba than what they're actually building. You see "Atlanta" and assume it won't work out. Change Atlanta to Los Angeles with the exact same building process "oh they have a lot of promise they'll probably be a championship team with this great team basketball".

coin24
12-14-2014, 12:26 AM
The problem is no decent FAs want to sign in Atlanta. They don't draft the best, and if they do players don't want to stay there.
The best they seem to get is 2nd round and everyone knows they're pretenders, shit they can't even sell out playoff games at home..

Not saying they can't win in the future, but unless a lot of things change its not very likely..

hawksdogsbraves
12-14-2014, 12:27 AM
And there's the problem. Hawks will never be bad enough to get a Durant and never good enough to make noise and attract top tier free agents.

I mean yeah, Hawks could hit the jackpot and someone like Schroder becomes Westrook, but are you really expecting that?

The Celtics got the Big 3 by trading Jeff Green and garbage to the Sonics and Al Jefferson and garbage to the Timberwolves.

The Rockets got James Harden by trading Kevin Martin and some picks to the Thunder.

Tanking is not the only way to become a contender in this league.

And no, I don't see us winning big with this roster, but I'm not going to give up hope entirely. We finally have a good coach, some good young talent, and the roster flexibility to either blow it up or swing a big trade.

navy
12-14-2014, 12:30 AM
What are the lottery numbers?

You really just spew a lot of garbage and have no clue what you're talking about. You're more concerned with the teams status in the nba than what they're actually building. You see "Atlanta" and assume it won't work out. Change Atlanta to Los Angeles with the exact same building process "oh they have a lot of promise they'll probably be a championship team with this great team basketball".
7,45,23, 11, 9

But seriously, It's not an Atlanta problem. Its an every team in the nba problem. Atlanta is just the perfect example because all their teams go through it. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to get good players who will in turn be good enough to win. It's what's plagued the Eastern Conference the past decade or so. Plus terrible drafting. Could of had Chris Paul.:facepalm

navy
12-14-2014, 12:34 AM
The Celtics got the Big 3 by trading Jeff Green and garbage to the Sonics and Al Jefferson and garbage to the Timberwolves.

The Rockets got James Harden by trading Kevin Martin and some picks to the Thunder.

Tanking is not the only way to become a contender in this league.

And no, I don't see us winning big with this roster, but I'm not going to give up hope entirely. We finally have a good coach, some good young talent, and the roster flexibility to either blow it up or swing a big trade.
I honestly think that Mchale and Danny Ainge were being shady as **** in that deal. But your right, something like that could happen. It just hasnt happened yet.

When the Hawks manage to make a trade like that the fans will come back and fill the arena. I guarantee it.

hawksdogsbraves
7,45,23, 11, 9

But seriously, It's not an Atlanta problem. Its an every team in the nba problem. Atlanta is just the perfect example because all their teams go through it. Not good enough to win, not bad enough to get good players who will in turn be good enough to win. It's what's plagued the Eastern Conference the past decade or so. Plus terrible drafting. Could of had Chris Paul.:facepalm

Again you're 100% right, but I like where we are as a franchise better than where we've been any time since the beginning of this mediocre stretch of playoff appearances.

I know about the NBA's parity, I know the Hawks' history both in the draft and on the court, and I definitely know about being on a treadmill. We've been on one longer than anybody in the league.

But we've got to focus on the good things our team is doing lest we wind up as jaded as Hotlantadude. Otherwise what's the point of being a fan?

Legends66NBA7
You're 100% right but the idea that Atlanta fans should give up hope because we've always been mediocre doesn't make sense.

The difference between a championship and the lottery can be as little as a lottery ball coming up your way or your GM being in the right place at the right time to make a big move.

There's no reason why Hawks fans can't be happy with the direction Bud has this franchise pointed in and the opportunities that our roster flexibility gives us going forward.

Well, I agree that Hawks fans shouldn't give up cheering for their team. Fans have the right to do what they like.

I thought the Hawks drafted well for the most part too. Dropped the ball big time in the 05 draft, though... Lost out on Chris Paul. A team with Paul, Smith, Johnson, and Horford from 08-11 ? :eek: ... Shit, that team would have probably won the chip(s) or been damn close to it.

I know I always drill the 47 year gap since winning 2 rounds, but I would like to see it end one day. Such things can't last forever. I know as fan of the Raps, it's even more futile and would like it to end.

Hotlantadude81
12-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Orlando was just 2-6 at home going into that game.