PDA

View Full Version : As much as it hurts me, I have to tell the truth about Westbrook...

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
I like his fans, I consider them great posters.

However, Westbrook has delusions of alpha. His alpha mentality is absolutely commendable, but if he doesn't defer to Durant, the Thunder can never win a title. Westbrook has to realize that while he possesses the alpha mind and heart, Durant possesses the alpha skill. Westbrook must have mercy on Durant's fragility and allow him the most shots every single night.

Until Westbrook takes a step back and looks to get others involved more, the Thunder will never win a title. He has to let go of his fascination with the great Kobe and allow Durant to be his Kobe. The Thunder will never be good enough defensively until other players touch the ball more on offense, which will awaken their defensive prowess.

I know Kobe is your hero, Russell, but you are not and can never be Kobe Bean.

Im so nba'd out
12-11-2014, 01:17 PM
my rebuttal

http://i.imgur.com/SisMDJd.gif

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:59 PM
my rebuttal

:lol

SugarHill
12-11-2014, 02:11 PM
my rebuttal

:roll:

hawksdreamfan44
12-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Russ is not the issue with why that team can't win a title. If they'd have kept James, they'd have one already by now. Other than Russ and KD, they are an extremely limited offensive team. Ibaka is one dimensional and is only valuable as a spot-up shooter. They signed A-Mo in the offseason, but he's just a sharpshooter. He isn't as dimensional as James or even Kevin Martin (who they should've also kept). Finally, Jackson is probably their third best offensive player, but in the tough Western Conference, he can't be the third option on a championship team.

Budadiiii
12-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Russ is not the issue with why that team can't win a title. If they'd have kept James, they'd have one already by now. Other than Russ and KD, they are an extremely limited offensive team. Ibaka is one dimensional and is only valuable as a spot-up shooter. They signed A-Mo in the offseason, but he's just a sharpshooter. He isn't as dimensional as James or even Kevin Martin (who they should've also kept). Finally, Jackson is probably their third best offensive player, but in the tough Western Conference, he can't be the third option on a championship team.
That's why Durant is automatically the best player ever if he manages to win a ring with this highly flawed roster and shit head coach. Automatically GOAT.

hawksdreamfan44
12-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Lol I wouldn't go quite far. But it would say a lot for his legacy and improve his standing on the GOAT rankings fairly drastically.

DamnMixes
12-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Offense heavily relies on those two, what would the playmaking do when there are not enough offensive weapons, young sabo is a pain in the ass for opponent defenders, the guy that can attack the basket and shoot it from threes. I'd love to see Kevin Durant playing in low post a lil better, since he is that tall.

I can see this team going to the finals, if spurs ain't healthy, and if brooks draws up some decent plays during crunch time.

KungFuJoe
12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Been sayin this all along. Westbrook is a shoot first chucker with no conscience. That only works when you have a GOAT or all star level big man with you bailing you out...not someone like Durant who also needs the ball on the perimeter.

Budadiiii
12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Offense heavily relies on those two, what would the playmaking do when there are not enough offensive weapons, young sabo is a pain in the ass for opponent defenders, the guy that can attack the basket and shoot it from threes. I'd love to see Kevin Durant playing in low post a lil better, since he is that tall.

I can see this team going to the finals, if spurs ain't healthy, and if brooks draws up some decent plays during crunch time.
Scott Brooks in crunch time: "Yo Kevin, go make a shot"

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I like his fans, I consider them great posters.

However, Westbrook has delusions of alpha. His alpha mentality is absolutely commendable, but if he doesn't defer to Durant, the Thunder can never win a title. Westbrook has to realize that while he possesses the alpha mind and heart, Durant possesses the alpha skill. Westbrook must have mercy on Durant's fragility and allow him the most shots every single night.

Until Westbrook takes a step back and looks to get others involved more, the Thunder will never win a title. He has to let go of his fascination with the great Kobe and allow Durant to be his Kobe. The Thunder will never be good enough defensively until other players touch the ball more on offense, which will awaken their defensive prowess.

I know Kobe is your hero, Russell, but you are not and can never be Kobe Bean.

Good post. If OKC wants to win a title the first thing they need to do is trade Westbrook for a pass first point guard.