PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Kobe help Lin with PG duty like Lebron does with Kyrie?

JohnMax
12-06-2014, 12:28 PM
The Lakers can win more games if #24 becomes more of a facilitator rather than shooting the ball more.
http://i.imgur.com/b4Lydt4.png

FatComputerNerd
12-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Not that I watch many Lakers games these days, but I'm pretty sure Lin is not nearly the shooter or finisher that Kyrie is.

Also, I think I saw in another thread that Kobe has had multiple double-digit assist games this season regardless...

bizil
12-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Not that I watch many Lakers games these days, but I'm pretty sure Lin is not nearly the shooter or finisher that Kyrie is.

Also, I think I saw in another thread that Kobe has had multiple double-digit assist games this season regardless...

I agree! Kyrie has alpha dog scoring ability and looks to score first. Bron is a pass first player who is also an alpha dog. So it's a lot easier for them to inverse. Even though Kobe is a score first player, he is a great passer. But he doesn't have the team to really benefit from that great passing.

J Shuttlesworth
12-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Lakers have been doing quite well when Kobe takes a the PG role. He should do it more

Genaro
12-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Because Lin is not a good scorer as Kyrie nor the rest of the Lakers has the scoring ability of the Cavs' roster.

navy
12-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Difference is Kyrie is point guard who excels at scoring but struggles at running the offense for others. With Lebron there he can focus more on what he is good at.

Lin just struggles with everything. And then the next day he will excel at everything. Nothing Kobe can do with that inconsistent player. He needs to be put into a strict system with a team that gives him confidence.

dunksby
12-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I watched their game against the Wizards and all Lin did of his PG duties was bringing up the ball and passing it to Kobe. Sometimes he even force fed Kobe to run away from handling the ball :lol

Dragic4Life
12-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Kobe doesn't have the vision nor the skills to be a PG.

He's not even on Lebron's league in terms of passing.

kennethgriffin
12-06-2014, 02:06 PM
kobe was the main playmaker/leading assist man for 5 would championships

/thread

imnew09
12-06-2014, 02:08 PM
So you're saying Lin is as good as Kyrie?

Lin for Kyrie who says yes? :lol

FatComputerNerd
12-06-2014, 02:12 PM
So you're saying Lin is as good as Kyrie?

Lin for Kyrie who says yes? :lol

Lin says yes lol

imnew09
12-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Lin says yes lol

so is every other Laker fan :roll: :roll: