PDA

View Full Version : When did Lebron lose the title as best in the league?

BigBoss
12-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Last year was Kevin Durant.

Steph Curry, Anthony Davis are sneaking in the back door.

The Lebron era is over? It went by so quick!

lilteapot
12-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Why do you continue to shitpost?

G0ATbe
12-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Never thought he had it to begin with.

riseagainst
12-04-2014, 01:08 PM
he was never the best to begin with.

inb4 sh1tstorm
:lol

sportjames23
12-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Today's forcast: cloudy with a chance of shit(storm). :oldlol:

Dragic4Life
12-04-2014, 01:12 PM
He didn't.

Dragic4Life
12-04-2014, 01:12 PM
riseagainst go to hell. Lebron has been the undisputed best player in the world for close to a decade.

riseagainst
12-04-2014, 01:14 PM
http://www.babyorbaba.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/meme-baby-crying-5-500x331.jpg

sportjames23
12-04-2014, 01:14 PM
riseagainst go to hell. Lebron has been the undisputed best player in the world for close to a decade.

So, since about 2005? Hmm...

LEFT4DEAD
12-04-2014, 01:16 PM
The guy was the best since ca. 2008 till the last year. Its 5-6 years of pure dominance individualy. Only Jordan lasted longer as a no.1 in the league. Nobody else.

And its questionable if there is one better player right now. The guy is just obviously coasting, just like early in the first season with the Heat.

If he plays like this come playoff time, and performs below average and loses before the finals I would say he is not the best anymore. But till that happens he stays no 1 clearly for me. The season is too long. About 65 games to be played.

I except him to finish the regular season with 26.5ppg on 50%+FG and 8/7 with the best record on the east and pick up that 5th MVP.

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 01:19 PM
In before Lebron scores 40 points vs. Knicks.

dubeta
12-04-2014, 01:27 PM
2006-2014

Even if he isn't the best this year he was the best for 8 straight years

That's approximately 8 more years as best player in the league than Kobe

lilteapot
12-04-2014, 01:30 PM
You can make a case for Lebron being the best since 08, but Kobe won the MVP that year for a reason.

He's been objectively the best player since 2009 though. It only started to become close last year.

J Shuttlesworth
12-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Interesting. Right now, LeDecline is putting up 25, 6, and 7 on 47% shooting. That's sub par for LeBron considering his last few seasons. He must be on severe athletic decline. Poor guy.

But wait, those numbers are close to Kobe's career numbers, even a little better with higher FG% and more ast/reb than Kobe. And wait, LeBron isn't the best player in the league right now according to OP, so there are a few guys, including KD, who are all better than Kobe according to career numbers. Didn't know OP thought there are multiple guys in the league better than prime Kobe

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 01:44 PM
LeBron James Stats (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james)

http://i.imgur.com/PnWXveq.png

It's still a solid stats you ignorant troll. and Lebron only played 16 games so far this season.

T_L_P
12-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Best player in the world from 08 (maybe 09) to 14. He can still keep his crown but he'd need to do something special out East.

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Interesting. Right now, LeDecline is putting up 25, 6, and 7 on 47% shooting. That's sub par for LeBron considering his last few seasons. He must be on severe athletic decline. Poor guy.

But wait, those numbers are close to Kobe's career numbers, even a little better with higher FG% and more ast/reb than Kobe. And wait, LeBron isn't the best player in the league right now according to OP, so there are a few guys, including KD, who are all better than Kobe according to career numbers. Didn't know OP thought there are multiple guys in the league better than prime Kobe

It's still the month of December. He'll get his usual numbers as the season progresses.

Megabox!
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
You know you've set the bar pretty high when you're averaging 24-5-7 shooting 47% early in the season and people are already saying you're declining :oldlol:

upside24
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
His numbers right now are good for any other player but subpar for LeBron. It's still early in the season but he doesn't look as explosive or as quick as he used to be and he has had a couple bad games so far.

I still think he is the best with KD right behind him but I do wonder if last year was the best LeBron we will ever see.

Nash
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Please make the case for anybody being better.

russwest0
12-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Kevin Durant was by far the better player last year.

russwest0
12-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Please make the case for anybody being better.

Durant last year, Davis this year.

Not hard at all when LeBron is playing Harden esque defense.

Le Shaqtus
12-04-2014, 02:07 PM

To be fair, it's the Knicks.

It wouldn't be impressive for anyone to score 40 points against them :lol

Nash
12-04-2014, 02:12 PM

Durant wasn't better last year, people came into this season calling Lebron the best player in the world. His MVP was mostly because of the impressive way he lead the Thunder without Westbrook. Lebron was putting up 27/7/6 on 57%. GM's, experts and regular fans were talking about Lebron being the best.
People are going by this season because of decline in Lebrons stats but Durant has played 1 game so its not like you can make the case for him dethroning Lebron.

Another player?

j3lademaster
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Durant wasn't better last year, people came into this season calling Lebron the best player in the world. His MVP was mostly because of the impressive way he lead the Thunder without Westbrook. Lebron was putting up 27/7/6 on 57%. GM's, experts and regular fans were talking about Lebron being the best.
People are going by this season because of decline in Lebrons stats but Durant has played 1 game so its not like you can make the case for him dethroning Lebron.

Another player?

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
To be fair, it's the Knicks.

It wouldn't be impressive for anyone to score 40 points against them :lol

:lol :lol :lol

But Melo always play his best against LBJ.

pegasus
12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
In the same dream he'd earned it.

Hey Yo
12-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Empty stats by your standards.

Da Hammer
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM

Another player?
:biggums: :coleman: :coleman:

SouBeachTalents
12-04-2014, 02:56 PM
2009-13 LeBron was unquestionably the best player in the league

Beastmode88
12-04-2014, 02:57 PM

Is that suppose to be an accomplishment? The fact that he lost to them on opening night is just pathetic

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Is that suppose to be an accomplishment? The fact that he lost to them on opening night is just pathetic

First game of the season.

MastaKilla
12-04-2014, 03:20 PM

interesting

LeDecline is putting up 25,6,7 on 47%, better numbers than KAJ career averages

but wait

also better than Duncans career averages

but wait, i'm not a dumbass who compares one season of a play during a players prime season to career numbers of guys who played into their late 30's

riseagainst
12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
interesting

LeDecline is putting up 25,6,7 on 47%, better numbers than KAJ career averages

but wait

also better than Duncans career averages

but wait, i'm not a dumbass who compares one season of a play during a players prime season to career numbers of guys who played into their late 30's

:lol

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I think LBJ also had a good case of being the best player in 2006. 31/7/7 in the regular season. and 31/8/6 in the playoffs.

Frozen1
12-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Lebron shot 57% from the field last season.
Lebron is shooting 47% in this season.

The only decline in nba history that comes close to this is lebron's regular season vs nba finals FG%.

Dro
12-04-2014, 04:45 PM
I dunno, as far as I'm concerned...he's still the best all-around player in the league...How can anyone say he's not?

russwest0
12-04-2014, 04:46 PM
I dunno, as far as I'm concerned...he's still the best all-around player in the league...How can anyone say he's not?

Have you seen the defense he's been playing this year?

His ridiculous efficiency playing next to Wade and Bosh was basically the only argument he had left as the best. And now thats gone.

SamuraiSWISH
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
In retrospect, it will probably end up being this season. LeBron was definitely the best in 2012, and 2013. It was questionable for me with Durant last year. But with James regression athletically this year, still good numbers, but total lack of defense or visible dominance ... this season is ripe for the picking for KD to officially make it his league. The same way LeBron grabbed a hold of the league when Kobe was starting to fade in 2010.

Beastmode88
12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
First game of the season.

You mean "one of the biggest nights in sport's history"? -Lebron James

russwest0
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
In retrospect, it will probably end up being this season. LeBron was definitely the best in 2012, and 2013. It was questionable for me with Durant last year. But with James regression athletically this year, still good numbers, but total lack of defense or visible dominance ... this season is ripe for the picking for KD to officially make it his league. The same way LeBron grabbed a hold of the league when Kobe was starting to fade in 2010.

LeBron had a good 2 year run as the best.

We got to see by far the most amount of flops in a playoff run in NBA history, so that was pretty exciting. :oldlol:

Lebron23
12-04-2014, 04:57 PM
You mean "one of the biggest nights in sport's history"? -Lebron James

Let's see what happens tonight.

russwest0
12-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Um ok? And you're so angry why? Dude is living rent free in your head right now ...

Who said anyone was angry?

Whether you like LeBron or hate him, the Miami Heat's 4 year run was pretty entertaining.

Doesn't feel like we'll get that same spark coming out of Cleveland.

Eat Like A Bosh
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I mean you could still make a case for him this year. He's still easily a top 3 player. But the gap is narrowing. His numbers are slighty down, percentages as well. Seeing him on the court it's clear he is not dominant as before. Maybe this season.... There are 3 potentially candidates that could be considered better than LeBron, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry. We'll have to see how KD's season plays out though.

LeBron was definitely indisputably the best from 09 throughout 13'. And yes he was better than 09 Wade, despite Wade going berserk. 14' was debatable though, but I would still take LeBron over Durant.

Beastmode88
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Let's see what happens tonight.

Let's say the cavs win what does that prove, that knick sucks? He loses that means he's 0-2 vs one of the worst teams in the east. IMO in a lose lose situation.

Nash
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I asked before and I'll ask again, who is better than Lebron?

If you're going to nitpick on Lebron to dethrone him I am expecting whoever you say is better will receive the same nitpicking during his evaluation.

swagga
12-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I see alot of shit takes (durant > bron last year, kobe mvp in 2008, etc) in this thread so i'll address it in one go. People should stop watching boxscores tbh.

although it pains me to say it, since this niggga didn't want to come to new york to make us relevant again (you dumb prick we woulda made you bigger than jordan :cry: reality check :lol ) he has definately been the best player in the league since 2007, arguably since 2006 when tim duncan started slowing down. Forget the ESPN jersey sales and let's talk some sense into this discussion.

kobe till 2007 was much too individualistic to even matter as the best player, he was playing for himself. GOAT talent level but you play to win, not to win like wilt (getting yours first, second and the win third). In 2008 his defense had already fallen alot while lebron had already showed that he could carry trash to the nba finals. Kobe's MVP belongs to cp3. These first team d are a shame, especially since in his younger days he was an excellent defender, since 2008 that huge frontline was bailing him out non stop. He showed his true colors again with the dwight saga, it's incredibly funny when trolls talk about his leadership tho, something kobe never had.

wade had a GOAT level season in 2009 and the GOAT finals series in 2006, but he was always just a step behind lebron, not as constant, not as resistent, not as gifted a playmaker. His 2009 season is one of the most underrated seasons in the last 10 years tbh. He was an A to lebrons A+.

Durant is a great player. But he had westbrook/harden/ibaka and only got to one finals where they were raped 4-1 because he couldn't defend a chair. He also can't create worth a shit despite his increase in APG, you never hear teams gameplanning against his playmaking skills nor against his defense.. He can't even keep westbrook under control ffs, how can he lead a team to a title when he can't even keep a leash on a sidekick?? Will not talk about whistles and the rip through. Last year's MVP was a nice ESPN story since they need to sell shit. Nice production but mvps also lead and impact the game on O and D. He still has time to grow as a player, hopefully his leg healed 100%.
Between lebron and durant there is tier difference, one is a transcedental player and the other is a great player that can't seem to find that extra push to be no 1. The same difference between kobe and wade.

Anthony davis hasn't proved anything yet and I'm not talking about the playoffs. He oftenly has games where he is taken out of the game (14 pts, and 7 rbds like), has trouble with bulkier dudes and can't carry an offense. His man to man defense is overrated. He is a monster in the regular season but he can be exploited and he will be if and when he'll get into the playoffs. He shouldn't be in the conversation. Right now he is a GOAT secondary piece like pippen and if he'll ever win mvp playing like this he'll be in the nash/rose category not in the lebron/jordan/duncan one. Can't talk about leadership as he hasn't shown anything yet. He has alot of growing up to do.

I've also seen curry get alot of love, for the love of god I can't understand why. He isn't even the best PG in the game, let alone the best player.

As for the others, dwights best years coincided with lebrons athletic peak in 2009/2010. Noways he just isn't what he was 4 years ago, partially because he has aged and his game stayed the same.

Derrick rose is impossibly overrated. Very talented but not an mvp level player. Not with his subpar defense, not with his iq, not with his shot selection, not with his total lack of leadership. He was the offensive spark needed by a historical defense, not a top 3 player (lebron, wade, dirk, howard all had better seasons in 2011) ...a media award if I ever saw one.

Dirk was also discussed alot in 2011 but even the most passionate mav fan knows lebron was (and is) the better player, since dirk does have alot of deficiencies that were complemented by a stack team with a goat level coach. 2011 was a choke on lebron part tho, but spo was the biggest choker in that series, carlisle fcked him raw.

Also a huge lol at harden, griffin, melo, love, westbrook, amare(7 years ago), brand, prime shawn marion, cousins or monta ellis being in the same sentence with the word mvp (all of them got/are getting hype). ESPN earning its paycheck if you believe(d) any of these guys are/were mvp level players. They are stars. MVP level players are lebron/shaq/duncan/kg/ sane kobe. MVP top finishers (but not normally winners) are the likes of dirk/nash/insane kobe/howard/peak tmac/yao/rose(weak)/cp3... HOF players but not transcendental talent.... then come the stars.

Imo from what I've seen this season lebron is going nowhere, normal adjustments for a completely new team (much like the heat in 2010) and a coach new to the nba with a work in progress roster. Also he isn't going 100% yet, probably strength training just getting to full season mode. Durant is a clear second for all the aforementioned reasons, davis puts great stats but hasn't shown the ability to carry/lead a team, curry shouldn't be in this discussion, neither should memphis' gasol, howard is still good.

So yeah, love him of hate him he is still the most complete and dominant player with both the stats and the hardware to show it and he isn't going nowhere (knicks 2015 you heard it here first doe :lol )

STATUTORY
12-04-2014, 06:19 PM
last year after the all star break, Lebron tried to put his team on his back and make a statement instead he visibly exited his prime right in front of our eyes

PsychoBe
12-04-2014, 06:41 PM
I asked before and I'll ask again, who is better than Lebron?

If you're going to nitpick on Lebron to dethrone him I am expecting whoever you say is better will receive the same nitpicking during his evaluation.

durant literally put up unseen historic numbers last year enroute to leading his teams to more wins without his second-best player and an mvp but you want to say that it wasn't his year? :facepalm

durant is the new best player in the league now and we shouldn't hold injuries against him for that. davis is also in the discussion.

Keno
12-04-2014, 06:43 PM
in 2018.

Joyner82reload
12-04-2014, 07:07 PM
LeBron has NO argument over Durant last year

Durant had a FAR better regular season
Heat got blown out in every game by the Spurs and lost in 5
Thunder lost to the Spurs in OT in 6

Jesus christ, Durant had one of the top 20 regular seasons ever last year

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
He was probably the best player in 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 with 08 being very arguable.

5 years in a row, which other player other than MJ, Kareem has been the best player in the league for 5 years in a row?

PsychoBe
12-04-2014, 07:20 PM
He was probably the best player in 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 with 08 being very arguable.

5 years in a row, which other player other than MJ, Kareem has been the best player in the league for 5 years in a row?

explain how he was the best player in 09', and 10' when kobe lead his team to titles during that time while also being statistically dominant as well.

and if you want to say "the playoffs don't count" then how was he the best player in 13' when durant clearly had the superior regular season numbers, and per enroute to an mvp?

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

russwest0
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM
LeBron has NO argument over Durant last year

Durant had a FAR better regular season
Heat got blown out in every game by the Spurs and lost in 5
Thunder lost to the Spurs in OT in 6

Jesus christ, Durant had one of the top 20 regular seasons ever last year

Bu, But.... LeBron put up better (and by better I mean just more efficient) playoff stats vs Charlotte, Brooklyn, and Indiana than Durant did vs Memphis, LAC, and San Antonio!

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 07:58 PM
explain how he was the best player in 09', and 10' when kobe lead his team to titles during that time while also being statistically dominant as well.

and if you want to say "the playoffs don't count" then how was he the best player in 13' when durant clearly had the superior regular season numbers, and per enroute to an mvp?

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kobe had a better team than LeBron.

LeBron was clearly the best player in the regular season in 09, he averaged something like 28/8/7 leading his team to the best record in the NBA. He didn't win a ring in 09, but he averaged an insane 39/8/8 on 49% shooting while the next best player was shooting 37% and couldn't hit open shots to save his life.

LeBron in 10 again led his team to the best record in the NBA averaging 30/7/9. LeBron and Kobe averaged close numbers against the Celtics, with Kobe shooting worse obviously. Only difference? Mo Williams put up 13/4/5 on 40% and got dominated by Rondo while Gasol put up 19/12 and dominated KG.

In 13, LeBron was godly efficiency wise while putting up similar numbers to Durant. All while leading his team to one of the longest win streaks in the history of the NBA and winning a ring. There's really no arguments there. Not to mention LeBron won both match ups in the regular season as well.

Only arguable year was 2011, due to him joining the Heat with a prime Wade on it. But then again, only player that has an argument in being the best player that year was Dirk/Rose.

SouBeachTalents
12-04-2014, 08:02 PM

LeBron was clearly the best player in the regular season in 09, he averaged something like 28/8/7 leading his team to the best record in the NBA. He didn't win a ring in 09, but he averaged an insane 39/8/8 on 49% shooting while the next best player was shooting 37% and couldn't hit open shots to save his life.

LeBron in 10 again led his team to the best record in the NBA averaging 30/7/9. LeBron and Kobe averaged close numbers against the Celtics, with Kobe shooting worse obviously. Only difference? Mo Williams put up 13/4/5 on 40% and got dominated by Rondo while Gasol put up 19/12 and dominated KG.

In 13, LeBron was godly efficiency wise while putting up similar numbers to Durant. All while leading his team to one of the longest win streaks in the history of the NBA and winning a ring. There's really no arguments there. Not to mention LeBron won both match ups in the regular season as well.

Only arguable year was 2011, due to him joining the Heat with a prime Wade on it. But then again, only person that has an argument in being the best player that year was Dirk/Rose.

That and his Finals performance

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 08:04 PM
That and his Finals performance

Mostly his finals performances I might add.

idk how I left that out :facepalm

red1
12-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Kevin Durant was by far the better player last year.
:kobe:

PsychoBe
12-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Only arguable year was 2011, due to him joining the Heat with a prime Wade on it. But then again, only person that has an argument in being the best player that year was Dirk/Rose.

how can you say that kobe had a better team if bran won more games?

and wasn't kg injured in 09'?

and if we follow that logic, in 13' it is obvious that bran had a better team than durant (i'm talking about the 13'-14' season not the 12'-13' season with the winstreak.)

and you mention bran's averages against the magic in the ecf while kobe put up literal historic numbers of 30+/5+/5+ in the biggest stage in the nba that only jordan had done in the past (and something bran has never even remotely duplicated).

people want to put bran as the "best player" starting from 07' onward when he didn't win anything but mvps and suddenly post-season success is marginalized, but then when you flip the script for durant and kobe all of a sudden the post-season means more than the regular season.

i'd personally say from a purely objective standpoint, his best years were 07', 10', 11', 12'. and i only say 07' mostly due to the fact that he had a legendary game against the pistons that defied all logic.

but bran ultimately lost his title as the best player last year when durant had one of the most incredible post-seasons we've ever seen from a perimeter plyaer since 06' kobe in the past 10 years and when he took the spurs to more games than bran did.

and i don't think it's fair to hold it against durant this year when he just got back from an injury. he's still the mvp and the best player in the league until usurped by, possibly, anthony davis this year if he continues his streak.

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 08:27 PM
how can you say that kobe had a better team if bran won more games?

and wasn't kg injured in 09'?

Because LeBron played better than Kobe, hence leading his inferior team to a better record?

What does KG's injury have to do with anything?

and if we follow that logic, in 13' it is obvious that bran had a better team than durant (i'm talking about the 13'-14' season not the 12'-13' season with the winstreak.)

Never did I argue LeBron had a better season that Durant last season. When I say 2013 I meant 12-13. Durant had the better season last year, hence MVP.

and you mention bran's averages against the magic in the ecf while kobe put up literal historic numbers of 30+/5+/5+ in the biggest stage in the nba that only jordan had done in the past (and something bran has never even remotely duplicated).

They played the same team, it's not like the Magic got any better from the ECF to Finals. They played the same team, LeBron averaged 39/8/8 against them while Kobe averaged 30/5/5, against the same team.

LeBron averaged 29/10/7 in the finals in 2012 btw.

people want to put bran as the "best player" starting from 07' onward when he didn't win anything but mvps and suddenly post-season success is marginalized, but then when you flip the script for durant and kobe all of a sudden the post-season means more than the regular season.

I don't think he was the best player in 07, nor am I flipping scripts against anyone. It's because even though he didn't have post season success, he was averaging godly stats.

i'd personally say from a purely objective standpoint, his best years were 07', 10', 11', 12'. and i only say 07' mostly due to the fact that he had a legendary game against the pistons that defied all logic.

By 07 do you mean 07-08? Because I think Kobe was the best player in the league that year.

but bran ultimately lost his title as the best player last year when durant had one of the most incredible post-seasons we've ever seen from a perimeter plyaer since 06' kobe in the past 10 years and when he took the spurs to more games than bran did.

Agreed, Durant > LeBron last year.

and i don't think it's fair to hold it against durant this year when he just got back from an injury. he's still the mvp and the best player in the league until usurped by, possibly, anthony davis this year if he continues his streak.

Yup, its wide open this year. Maybe LeBron turns it around with the Cavs this year as well.

PsychoBe
12-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Because LeBron played better than Kobe, hence leading his inferior team to a better record?

What does KG's injury have to do with anything?

what's your basis on bran having an inferior team if they had a better overall record? i could use the "weak east" argument but back to back 60+ win seasons is not an accident and i think his teams had a winning record against the west.

oh and that was about you saying gasol dominated kg when i believe kg was injured that 09' finals trip.

They played the same team, it's not like the Magic got any better from the ECF to Finals. They played the same team, LeBron averaged 39/8/8 against them while Kobe averaged 30/5/5, against the same team.

LeBron averaged 29/10/7 in the finals in 2012 btw.

i know what your point is but kobe's stat-line within of itself was historic during the finals. bran's 12' finals stats are his best finals stats out of all of his appearances and it still technically isn't in the sphere of kobe's/jordan's numbers.

I don't think he was the best player in 07, nor am I flipping scripts against anyone. It's because even though he didn't have post season success, he was averaging godly stats.

By 07 do you mean 07-08? Because I think Kobe was the best player in the league that year.

i mean that 07' post-season specifically due to that performance. for kobe imo his best years were 05', 06', 08', 09', 10'.

Agreed, Durant > LeBron last year.

Yup, its wide open this year. Maybe LeBron turns it around with the Cavs this year as well.

i wont discount bran this year if he does something spectacular but his early season struggles hurt him as of now. once his schedule evens out a bit and he has to face better teams night in and night out then we'll see how he stacks up vs the durants and davis's.

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 08:50 PM
what's your basis on bran having an inferior team if they had a better overall record? i could use the "weak east" argument but back to back 60+ win seasons is not an accident and i think his teams had a winning record against the west.

East was not weak in 09, 10 as it is today. In fact, the East in total, had a winning record against the West in 09. LeBron had a better record despite having an inferior team means LeBron played better than Kobe individually.

Nobody on the Cavs was on the level of Gasol and Odom tbh.

oh and that was about you saying gasol dominated kg when i believe kg was injured that 09' finals trip.

That I meant in 10, I was comparing their performances against the Celtics in 10 because both Lebron and Kobe played against them in the playoffs.

i know what your point is but kobe's stat-line within of itself was historic during the finals. bran's 12' finals stats are his best finals stats out of all of his appearances and it still technically isn't in the sphere of kobe's/jordan's numbers.

I would say LeBron's performance in 12 is just as good as Kobe's in 09, but each to their own.

i mean that 07' post-season specifically due to that performance. for kobe imo his best years were 05', 06', 08', 09', 10'.

East was too weak in 07 for LeBron to be the best player. Using your logic, and accounting for the playoffs, Dwyane Wade should be the best player in 06.

i wont discount bran this year if he does something spectacular but his early season struggles hurt him as of now. once his schedule evens out a bit and he has to face better teams night in and night out then we'll see how he stacks up vs the durants and davis's.

Your basis of argument for Kobe being the best player in 09, 10 is that he won a ring. Yet you're using statistical dominance as your argument in 05 and 06. When Kobe literally has no argument in 05 due to injury and not even making the playoffs.

My basis of argument for LeBron being the best in 09 and 10 is that he had both regular season success, regular season stats dominance and post season stats dominance. He didn't win the ring, but that was mainly because of he had inferior teammates not stepping up and hit open shots when they need to.

chazzy
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM
09 and 10, then lost the title in 11. Regained it for 12 and 13. 14 is very close, and so far this year he's not

PsychoBe
12-04-2014, 09:11 PM
East was not weak in 09, 10 as it is today. In fact, the East in total, had a winning record against the West in 09. LeBron had a better record despite having an inferior team means LeBron played better than Kobe individually.

Nobody on the Cavs was on the level of Gasol and Odom tbh.

we would have to agree to disagree there. bran had the better overall team even though individually they were all perhaps nothing too special aside from some outlier games here and there.

East was too weak in 07 for LeBron to be the best player. Using your logic, and accounting for the playoffs, Dwyane Wade should be the best player in 06.

i literally only mentioned that 07' post-season because of his game against the pistons and leading his team to the finals. in 06' i would make that exception for wade but what kobe did that season was just too legendary. when we all think of the 06' season, we think of kobe's godly numbers and wade's finals second.

Your basis of argument for Kobe being the best player in 09, 10 is that he won a ring. Yet you're using statistical dominance as your argument in 05 and 06. When Kobe literally has no argument in 05 due to injury and not even making the playoffs.

i am making reasonable exceptions. we both know kobe's 06 season was monstrous and to say that he was the best player that year isn't a stretch at all. it would be almost the same as saying wilt was the best player in his 50ppg year despite not winning a title. i might take back 05' because i believe i got it mixed up with his 03'-04' season in my mind.

My basis of argument for LeBron being the best in 09 and 10 is that he had both regular season success, regular season stats dominance and post season stats dominance. He didn't win the ring, but that was mainly because of he had inferior teammates not stepping up and hit open shots when they need to.

this argument would only work if kobe was the type of player to average something like 20/3/4 en route to a championship but what he accomplished was nearly on par with what bran did while putting up historic numbers in the finals against the magic and celtics.

Fire Colangelo
12-04-2014, 09:22 PM
we would have to agree to disagree there. bran had the better overall team even though individually they were all perhaps nothing too special aside from some outlier games here and there.

I guess we would, I do believe Gasol/Odom/Bynum (even though he was injured half of the time) > Mo Williams, Z, Varejao

i literally only mentioned that 07' post-season because of his game against the pistons and leading his team to the finals. in 06' i would make that exception for wade but what kobe did that season was just too legendary. when we all think of the 06' season, we think of kobe's godly numbers and wade's finals second.

Again, Wade carried Heat in 06 as well. Using your post season arguments, Wade should've been the best player. FYI, I do think Kobe was the best player in 06 due to regular season dominance. Which is why I argue LeBron > Kobe in 09 and 10 because of regular season dominance.

i am making reasonable exceptions. we both know kobe's 06 season was monstrous and to say that he was the best player that year isn't a stretch at all. it would be almost the same as saying wilt was the best player in his 50ppg year despite not winning a title. i might take back 05' because i believe i got it mixed up with his 03'-04' season in my mind.

And saying LeBron was the best player n 09 and 10 isn't a stretch at all either. He put up better regular season numbers, and averaged better numbers in the playoffs against teams that both the Cavs and the Lakers played. Again, the only difference is that Kobe's teammates were better.

Kobe had no case in 03-04. If you were thinking of 02-03, he does have a case as well. Although Duncan had a beast of a season as well, and took out Shaq/Kobe in the playoffs.

this argument would only work if kobe was the type of player to average something like 20/3/4 en route to a championship but what he accomplished was nearly on par with what bran did while putting up historic numbers in the finals against the magic and celtics.

The Magic and the Celtics didn't magically get better in the Finals. Both teams were the exact same team the Cavs played as well. LeBron did better against those teams than Kobe did, and again, the only difference was teammate production.

Pau Gasol took his team to several playoffs before joining the Lakers. Anybody on that Cavs team can carry the Cavs to the playoffs without LeBron?

Hoopz2332
07-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Last year was Kevin Durant.

Steph Curry, Anthony Davis are sneaking in the back door.

The Lebron era is over? It went by so quick!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnfRfS-UIAA5zps.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXOOmfUsAAqeVX.jpg

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2016, 07:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClYUvAdUYAAiRj9.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHNQ2nkJB74VwFW/giphy.gif

GrapeApe
07-22-2016, 07:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnfRfS-UIAA5zps.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXOOmfUsAAqeVX.jpg

:applause: :bowdown:

Winning the ESPY for best basketball player > MVP because it takes the playoffs into consideration (Lebron this year, Wade in 2006, Dirk in 2011, etc.....). If you win FMVP and the ESPY you're the real MVP for that season. This is irrefutable.

Hoopz2332
07-22-2016, 10:01 PM
:applause: :bowdown:

Winning the ESPY for best basketball player > MVP because it takes the playoffs into consideration (Lebron this year, Wade in 2006, Dirk in 2011, etc.....). If you win FMVP and the ESPY you're the real MVP for that season. This is irrefutable.

truth:cheers:

Cone
07-23-2016, 01:09 AM
goddamn LeBron anally raped all the haters

They've either gone ghost or mentally unstable :D