PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol is a product of the Memphis system...

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 06:17 PM
He is in no way an MVP candidate or best at his position. Put him on any other team and he would be exposed. Period.

A guy like say, the best center in the league Demarcus Cousins, is a star player. Put him anywhere and he will flourish. He isn't a career system player like Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan... He's a full fledged, bonafide superstar in this league. He isn't the sum of the parts. He is the machine. Like Lebron.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Its pretty obvious anyways...

Just compare Marc's statistical output and impact when Memphis had worse teams. Huge disparity. Marc individually has always been the same player in the NBA. He came in at an old age.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Career 13 ppg scorer in 33 minutes a game...

"MVP though!"

Lol...

Kblaze8855
11-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Describe to me what system they use and how it makes him appear to be something he isnt.

FKAri
11-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Any player that ever won anything was a product of their system.

T_L_P
11-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Its pretty obvious anyways...

Just compare Marc's statistical output and impact when Memphis had worse teams. Huge disparity. Marc individually has always been the same player in the NBA. He came in at an old age.

Duncan's best two years (02 and 03) were when the team was at its weakest with him (certainly in his prime).

Why is he being brought up in here if that's the criteria?

But cmon. Stop making dumb threads to boost Cousins. He's a great player. But he certainly has a team around him that should be competing for a Playoff spot. Let's see how things are come season's end.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 06:57 PM
It's the intricate and lethal high-low post offense game plan of David Joerger. The man has won everywhere he has pretty much coached.

IBA champion (2001)
3x CBA champion (2002, 2004, 2005)
NBA D-League champion (2007)
2x CBA Coach of the Year (2002, 2004)

Kblaze8855
11-30-2014, 07:03 PM
It's the intricate and lethal high-low post offense game plan of David Joerger. The man has won everywhere he has pretty much coached.

IBA champion (2001)

Once again....what exactly is happening that makes him appear to be more than he is?

Intricate and lethal...are hardly basketball concepts that allow someone to fraudulently appear great at basketball.

Hes playing well in the high and low post...and you believe the coaching allows this...if not flat out provides his ability to do it.

Id like to know how.

Purch
11-30-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm with Kblaze, I want some x and O's. When you say lethal high post offense explain to us, why this system that produced the 15th rated offense last season, is so elite.

bdreason
11-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Marc Gasol is the system. :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:11 PM
You guys are really picking at straws here. It is, and has always been about the big picture. You can try to nitpick, and break these things down, but the truth is, the stats don't lie. These Memphis players are held together by the glue of the machine.

ArbitraryWater
11-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Im Still Ballin = Trapped.

Just give up and admit to your bullshit.

KyleKong
11-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Technically speaking, isn't every player a product of an offensive system ran by the coach?

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Joerger instills a certain belief and methodology into his players. This has been consistent throughout his coaching tenure through the different leagues and ranks over the past decade and then some. He emphasizes off-ball screens and backdoor cuts from the bigs to cause mismatches and superior post positioning. This was not true under Hollins.

The truth is Gasol is just your average run of the mill defensive big who is benefiting from superior coaching and gameplan. Their defense has always kept them and won them games, but now with Joerger at the helm, they have gone to the next level. Gasol is still the same player as he has always been. Not an MVP candidate. That acknowledgement is reserved for true superstars in the league.

chips93
11-30-2014, 07:20 PM
memphis doesnt do anything special on offense, other than move the ball well.

and the fact that they have the best passing big in the league only helps their ball movement.

SpecialQue
11-30-2014, 07:21 PM
You're sure panicking early, considering there's 6 minutes left in the 1st and the Grizzlies are only up by a few points.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:22 PM
memphis doesnt do anything special on offense, other than move the ball well.

and the fact that they have the best passing big in the league only helps their ball movement.
Demarcus Cousins called.

SpecialQue
11-30-2014, 07:23 PM
OP is a product of Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi's characters in The Other Sister having a child.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:23 PM
You're sure panicking early, considering there's 6 minutes left in the 1st and the Grizzlies are only up by a few points.
Demarcus isn't playing. I fully expect Memphis to win this game.

Smook A.
11-30-2014, 07:27 PM
No he isn't. I guarantee you he'd be doing what he currently is with every other team in the league. One of the ways he likes to score is by taking a jumpshot. Anyone can make a jumper, regardless of the system. Gasol also likes that small hook shot and that little fake he does to get around his man. That's all skill. What im trying to say is, Marc can create his own shot if you've watched him closely these past few season. He doesn't need a special system to flourish.

T_L_P
11-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Demarcus isn't playing. I fully expect Memphis to win this game.

Sore vag?

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
No he isn't. I guarantee you he'd be doing what he currently is with every other team in the league. One of the ways he likes to score is by taking a jumpshot. Anyone can make a jumper, regardless of the system. Gasol also likes that small hook shot and that little fake he does to get around his man. That's all skill. What im trying to say is, Marc can create his own shot if you've watched him closely these past few season. He doesn't need a special system to flourish.
Daryl you've totally missed my analysis, and then some.

Gasol is getting these open shots and good post position because of Joerger. Marc most certainly cannot create his own shot. There is only one center on this Earth that can, and he's the best goddamn one, Demarcus Cousins.

Smook A.
11-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Demarcus Cousins called.
I'm not hating in any way, but Gasol and Bogut are both better passers than Cousins.

Smook A.
11-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Gasol is getting these open shots and good post position because of Joerger. Marc most certainly cannot create his own shot. There is only one center on this Earth that can, and he's the best goddamn one, Demarcus Cousins.
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VeJiO1u6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6j_k_6jVY

Le Shaqtus
I'm not hating in any way, but Gasol and Bogut are both better passers than Cousins.

Also Noah

j3lademaster
Career 13 ppg scorer in 33 minutes a game...

"MVP though!"

Lol...What does the rest of his career have to do with his MVP candidacy for THIS season?

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Incorrect. What you're seeing is an illusion. Neither Gasol or Bogut draw the defensive attention that the best center in the league Demarcus Cousins does. He routinely gets triple teamed down low, and almost always hits an open man with an excellent pass.

SpecialQue
11-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Sore vag?

I'd wager his has been stretched beyond the point of soreness by now.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:38 PM
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VeJiO1u6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6j_k_6jVY
In the TWolves video...

"Joerger says he's the best player at his position in the league"...

A great coach, but a ****ing idiot at the same time.

j3lademaster
11-30-2014, 07:41 PM
@OP I agree with you that Cousins so far is the most impactful individual impact in the league so far (unless you want to count Westbrook), but who would be your 5 MVP candidates since Marc Gasol isn't one to you.

Smook A.
11-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Also Noah
Forgot about him.

Incorrect. What you're seeing is an illusion. Neither Gasol or Bogut draw the defensive attention that the best center in the league Demarcus Cousins does. He routinely gets triple teamed down low, and almost always hits an open man with an excellent pass.
It's not that hard to pass out of a double or triple team. You just have to do it quick to avoid the turnover and you have to have good vision. Also, when your man is wide opened, then you're most likely going to get an assist. Right now on the season, DMC is putting up a little more than 2 APG. Gasol, Bogut, and Noah can make guard-like passes. Marc Gasol is probably the only one out of the 3 who gets doubled or tripled team the most. That means Noah and Bogut can look for their man even when their man's defender is on them. I'm not saying Cousins isn't a good passer, he actually is, but those 3 guys I mentioned are better.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Because Cousins doesn't need to pass much. He routinely beats triple and even quadriple teams on the block.

dontgetchoked
11-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Because Cousins doesn't need to pass much. He routinely beats triple and even quadriple teams on the block.
This is true. Cousins is a great, underrated passer. He doesn't get the high assist numbers others do, but you watch him play, and he is a fantastic passer. Also, i havent seen anyone finish over more double teams than boogie. idk about the best passing big man, but he's up there.

NugzFan
11-30-2014, 07:56 PM
OP is so insecure.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Well if it ain't nugzfag

Haven't seen you around since the Kings went to town on your ass. Raw. No lube.

Denver ****ing suck :roll:

Fudge
11-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Nugz is getting into your head, bro. Chill.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Fudge you haven't changed your title yet... I'm not ****ing kidding man I'm serious. Change it or I will email Jeff.

Fudge
11-30-2014, 08:02 PM
I said chill!!!!

KyleKong
11-30-2014, 08:02 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9p6otm4ey1r8dq6ho1_500.gif

ProfessorMurder
11-30-2014, 08:04 PM
OP is a product of Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi's characters in The Other Sister having a child.

Big time burn, too bad nobody is gets this.

Im Still Ballin
11-30-2014, 08:05 PM
It's not a joke Fudge. Its racist and I will not allow it. InsideHoops isn't about racists.

Kblaze8855
11-30-2014, 08:05 PM
You guys are really picking at straws here. It is, and has always been about the big picture. You can try to nitpick, and break these things down, but the truth is, the stats don't lie. These Memphis players are held together by the glue of the machine.

I consider myself a pretty wordy guy..and ive been known to use 10 words when 2 will do....but that may be the worst ratio of points made per word used of all time.

deja vu
11-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Marc >> Cousins

j3lademaster
11-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Marc >> CousinsReggie Evans going in on the Grizz front court right now. No lube.

iznogood
11-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Cousins is an underrated passer, but he is not better than Marc Gasol.

3peated
11-30-2014, 09:06 PM
OP is a racist, downing marc gasol becuase he isnt black

chocolatethunder
11-30-2014, 09:56 PM
OP is a racist, downing marc gasol becuase he isnt black
That's the prevailing sentiment here. White guys are "system" guys. A white guy can never be considered a good player on this board because they don't have "street hunger". The irony of it all is that I suspect that most posters who feel this way are zit faced suburban white nerds sitting in their basement wishing they were from "the streets". No rational person could actually make these statements. "System player" is thrown around here to describe any player who doesn't meet the criteria of growing up poor or some bullshit like that. It is also impossible to convince them that Michael Beasley isn't going to breakout this year and that he's gotten several opportunities to play in his career.

I<3NBA
11-30-2014, 10:48 PM
OP is a product of incest

AussieG
11-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Clear agenda.

sammichoffate
11-30-2014, 11:39 PM
NO. STOP. :facepalm

bagelred
12-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Gasol is so mediocre. Grizzlies will be smart to let him go at season's end.

The pathetic Knicks will probably get him. :roll: Knicks never know what to do. Am I right?

Fawker
12-01-2014, 12:41 AM
all import players' confidence rely on playing time. if the gasol brothers trade did not occur he would be tucked away somewhere in euro.

NugzFan
12-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Well if it ain't nugzfag

Haven't seen you around since the Kings went to town on your ass. Raw. No lube.

I've been around but glad I was right about you being insecure.

As well as immature and a troll. Well done.

NugzFan
12-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Nugz is getting into your head, bro. Chill.

:oldlol: honestly wasn't trying to. But as you can see he is very insecure. That's how homers are.

navy
12-01-2014, 02:06 AM
That's the prevailing sentiment here. White guys are "system" guys. A white guy can never be considered a good player on this board because they don't have "street hunger". The irony of it all is that I suspect that most posters who feel this way are zit faced suburban white nerds sitting in their basement wishing they were from "the streets". No rational person could actually make these statements. "System player" is thrown around here to describe any player who doesn't meet the criteria of growing up poor or some bullshit like that. It is also impossible to convince them that Michael Beasley isn't going to breakout this year and that he's gotten several opportunities to play in his career.
lol, how is it you guys manage to bring race into everything. :facepalm The reason the OP is calling Marc a system player is because he is trying to hype of Cousins as a contrast. Notice not a single person in the thread has agreed with him. He doesnt even believe it himself I would guess.

NugzFan
12-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Funny the amazing kings are only a half game ahead of shitty denver.

Bless Mathews
12-01-2014, 02:18 AM
OP is a product of incest

:applause:

GabeIsGone
12-01-2014, 06:04 AM
He is in no way an MVP candidate or best at his position. Put him on any other team and he would be exposed. Period.

A guy like say, the best center in the league Demarcus Cousins, is a star player. Put him anywhere and he will flourish. He isn't a career system player like Marc Gasol or Tim Duncan... He's a full fledged, bonafide superstar in this league. He isn't the sum of the parts. He is the machine. Like Lebron.

Wow. Do you even watch basketball? The Spurs of 2014 play entirely different than the Spurs of 1999. The offensive system is nothing alike so how can you say he is a system player?

Im Still Ballin
12-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Tim has ALWAYS benefited from the supreme regime of mezzanine of coaching that is Greggios Poppovichio. You expect us to believe Tim would have won ANYTHING anywhere else? No. As I have said before. He is the benefactor of a well oiled machine. He's not THE machine like say Kobe or Lebron, or Demarcus Cousins the best center in the league.

SpanishACB
12-01-2014, 06:24 AM
Describe to me what system they use and how it makes him appear to be something he isnt.

please do this

Marc Gasol is the system. :oldlol:

SpanishACB
12-01-2014, 06:28 AM

he's getting open looks from simple p&r that every team in the world runs to start a play

the only reason he does so efficiently is because he actually puts effort into reading the game and setting a good screen

GimmeThat
12-01-2014, 06:48 AM
I'm pretty sure he's a product of any "Center" system

IMObjective
12-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Tim has ALWAYS benefited from the supreme regime of mezzanine of coaching that is Greggios Poppovichio. You expect us to believe Tim would have won ANYTHING anywhere else? No. As I have said before. He is the benefactor of a well oiled machine. He's not THE machine like say Kobe or Lebron, or Demarcus Cousins the best center in the league.
:oldlol: :rockon:

Can't wait till tlp sees this one :lol

For the record, I do think boogie is the most skilled offensive center in the league.

ScarSymmetry
12-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Or perhaps the Grizz are just a good team, as they were with Hollins as coach too.

Maybe you're just full of shit and don't know what you're on about...?

Yeah that's it.

MJ(Mean John)
12-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Oh well. The MVP isn't who the best player is.

Otherwise you should take away Nash's MVP's.
Those belong to Mr. Bean.

MJ(Mean John)
12-01-2014, 07:44 AM

Lol +1

T y

toxicxr6
12-01-2014, 09:18 AM

Kids this is what happens to your brain after your addicted to crack cocaine
Don't do drugs

chocolatethunder
12-01-2014, 10:27 AM
lol, how is it you guys manage to bring race into everything. :facepalm The reason the OP is calling Marc a system player is because he is trying to hype of Cousins as a contrast. Notice not a single person in the thread has agreed with him. He doesnt even believe it himself I would guess.
I'm not sure that you read what I said.

oarabbus
12-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Marc Abdul-Jabbar

http://giant.gfycat.com/NeatZigzagIslandcanary.gif

FKAri
12-01-2014, 07:31 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2370866/GasolWorksPerkins.gif

hiphopfan777
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Cousins is wack. Never was an all star never made playoffs, nerve lead team to winning record

Im Still Ballin
12-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Cousins is wack. Never was an all star never made playoffs, nerve lead team to winning record
You are a ****ing idiot.

Sportal
12-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Didnt even get through the first page and realised this is just simply someone tryna prop up his boy, Cousins.

smoovegittar
12-01-2014, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=bagelred]Gasol is so mediocre. Grizzlies will be smart to let him go at season's end.

The pathetic Knicks will probably get him. :roll: Knicks never know what to do. Am I right?[/QUOTE

Of course. :D

pauk
12-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I understand they desperately want to pick one player who might be "the guy" responsible for that Grizzly success but the truth is they are like the Spurs, where 3 guys are the most & equally responsible.... there is no clear MVP of those teams, nor a damn DPOY.... Im sorry but there is no MVP of that team, there is no "the man" of that team, you might aswell hand the MVP to Zach Randolph or Conley (who is their leader and "best player" by way of Marc Gasols own mouth), they deserve it just as much..... and lets make one thing also clear, defensively it is Tony Allen who is the best there....

chocolatethunder
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I understand they desperately want to pick one player who might be "the guy" responsible for that Grizzly success but the truth is they are like the Spurs, its a system on BOTH ENDS, where 3 guys are the most & equally responsible.... there is no clear MVP of those teams, nor a damn DPOY.... Im sorry but there is no MVP of that team, there is no "the man" of that team, you might aswell hand the MVP to Zach Randolph or Conley (who is their leader and "best player" by way of Marc Gasols own mouth), they deserve it just as much..... and lets make one thing also clear, defensively it is Tony Allen who is the best there....
Who is the MVP of the Spurs and which teams don't use "systems" on both ends?

WallIn
12-01-2014, 09:32 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2370866/GasolWorksPerkins.gif

Commonly referred to as the "Go to" is "iso" system :oldlol:

I wonder what OP smokes.

turret
12-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Diaw sucked in Charlotte

got himself system-ized

now the man does no look passes in finals

and charlotte still sucks

SpecialQue
12-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I wonder what OP smokes.

He pays bums to scratch their taints over Zig-Zags and then smokes the ball/asshole dandruff.

chocolatethunder
12-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Diaw sucked in Charlotte

got himself system-ized

now the man does no look passes in finals

and charlotte still sucks
Haha ok. How was Diaw in Phoenix?

rmt
12-02-2014, 01:08 AM

Popovich was 73-73 before Spurs 1st championship run. They started off, iirc, 6-9, and Popovich's job was on the line. Avery fired them up (the only reason Avery's jersey is hanging in the rafters), they went on a streak and won the championship that year. You must have a very short memory or are too young to remember when Tim Duncan was the "system" in SA.

Here's Duncan's first playoff game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7XD8km7L0

Smoke117
12-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Marc Gasol this season has bee a top 5 player in the league. End of discussion.

Eric Cartman
12-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Popovich was 73-73 before Spurs 1st championship run. They started off, iirc, 6-9, and Popovich's job was on the line. Avery fired them up (the only reason Avery's jersey is hanging in the rafters), they went on a streak and won the championship that year. You must have a very short memory or are too young to remember when Tim Duncan was the "system" in SA.

Here's Duncan's first playoff game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7XD8km7L0

Funny thing about Duncan's first years was that mostly everyone critized them for the ball sticking and having almost no ball movement. Just Duncan isos. Current Knicks with Melo had more ball movement than those ******.

IMObjective
12-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Marc Abdul-Jabbar

http://giant.gfycat.com/NeatZigzagIslandcanary.gif
Espn called it a Tom heinsohn hook.

rmt
12-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Funny thing about Duncan's first years was that mostly everyone critized them for the ball sticking and having almost no ball movement. Just Duncan isos. Current Knicks with Melo had more ball movement than those ******.

Yep. One thing I give Pop credit for is that he goes with whatever gives him the most. From Duncan iso, to pick and roll with Duncan and Parker/Manu, to the ball movement of today (non-player specific), he moves with the times and he's preparing for AFTER the big 3 era. But he played Duncan the most minutes in last year's playoffs (still the foundation).

tobethdope
12-02-2014, 01:55 AM
cousins might be the most talented player in the league but who the **** cares? he is a ****ing idiot, has never played a playoff game and will always stay irrelevant

Levity
12-02-2014, 01:58 AM
I consider myself a pretty wordy guy..and ive been known to use 10 words when 2 will do....but that may be the worst ratio of points made per word used of all time.

lulz

T_L_P
12-02-2014, 02:08 AM

It was horrendous offense early on, agreed. Not that Tim Isos aren't fun as hell to watch. :oldlol:

T_L_P
12-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Yep. One thing I give Pop credit for is that he goes with whatever gives him the most. From Duncan iso, to pick and roll with Duncan and Parker/Manu, to the ball movement of today (non-player specific), he moves with the times and he's preparing for AFTER the big 3 era. But he played Duncan the most minutes in last year's playoffs (still the foundation).

Well, he was kind of demented from 09-11. I don't blame him for that last year because we were finally implementing the 'system', but before then he fell in love with Bonner's terrible ass (the reason Daye is on this team is because Pop LOVES stretch 4s, even though he's not had a successful track record with them), didn't give Splitter the minutes against Memphis he deserved, and generally didn't adapt right.

Then Phoenix embarrassed us and Pop took D'Antoni's system and added a lot more flow. Then we became a great team again. :cheers:

I guess having Duncan turn back the clock and getting Kawhi Leonard helped, too.

tamaraw08
12-02-2014, 02:19 AM

IBA champion (2001)

But he also did well under Hollins, averaging 15 pts/game in just his 2nd year, having to settle for scraps as Gay took most of the shots that time.
I like Joerger but Memphis had a terrible record when he lost Marc for 23 games last year. If your theory was true, then anybody could have stepped in atleast hold the fort. btw Marc also played well with Spain without David.

SpanishACB
12-02-2014, 06:23 AM
I understand they desperately want to pick one player who might be "the guy" responsible for that Grizzly success but the truth is they are like the Spurs, where 3 guys are the most & equally responsible.... there is no clear MVP of those teams, nor a damn DPOY.... Im sorry but there is no MVP of that team, there is no "the man" of that team, you might aswell hand the MVP to Zach Randolph or Conley (who is their leader and "best player" by way of Marc Gasols own mouth), they deserve it just as much..... and lets make one thing also clear, defensively it is Tony Allen who is the best there....

you're living in the past

“Marc is the engine of this team. How he goes is how we go,” said Randolph. “He’s come back in great shape and is being aggressive. That’s what we need to give us a chance to get where we want to be. You can’t double-team both of us, and that’s why we’re a good tandem. He draws so much attention which allows me to execute and be successful in the paint.”

“It helps that he’s able to be another playmaker and another guy who’s able to get the offense running and create for other people. As a point guard, you don’t want all the load on your shoulders and he definitely takes a lot of that off of me,” Conley said.

“Marc’s a great teammate and looks out for everybody almost like a big brother. He also stands behind his teammates and is willing to stick up for people which guys respect. That’s the kind of leadership you want,” said Conley.

team clearly sees Marc as the guy

don't be fooled just because Marc has the rare skill for a franchise guy to pass to the open man

SCdac
12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Can't believe this troll thread went 7 pages :biggums:

Im Still Ballin
12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
How can you expect us to believe that Marc would be the same player ANYWHERE else.

You can't. In Memphis he has superior coaching and high quality guards that get him easy looks all night long. Not to mention he's playing with the BEAST down low in Zach Randolph. He bails out Marc more times than not.

Jailblazers7
12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
OP bringing up CBA and D-League titles to discredit Marc. Nice. :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
12-02-2014, 11:25 AM
OP bringing up CBA and D-League titles to discredit Marc. Nice. :oldlol:
No...

I'm showing you that Joerger has won EVERYWHERE he has coached. He's a winner. His formula works. He has the accolades to prove this. And he's already on the road to winning it at the highest level in the world.

kurple
12-02-2014, 11:26 AM
How can you expect us to believe that Marc would be the same player ANYWHERE else.

You can't. In Memphis he has superior coaching and high quality guards that get him easy looks all night long. Not to mention he's playing with the BEAST down low in Zach Randolph. He bails out Marc more times than not.
actually , when i think about it, isnt Cousins even more of a product of the Kings system?

I would love to see him put up those stats ANYWHERE else

Im Still Ballin
12-02-2014, 11:31 AM
actually , when i think about it, isnt Cousins even more of a product of the Kings system?

I would love to see him put up those stats ANYWHERE else
Hardly. This season is the only season that the Kings have been honestly a competitive team since Boogie came into the league. He was putting up BIG stats even before he had a decent supporting cast. Can't say the same for Gasol...

Take this for example... Kings play Grizzlies with Demarcus, they are beating them by 20+ points when he was on the court. When they play them again without Boogie, they lost by 15+ points. He has a HUGE impact both defensively and offensively. The stats show this.

On the flipside of the coin... Memphis still made the post season WITHOUT Gasol... Just think about that. In the west....

kurple
12-02-2014, 11:37 AM
i'm going of eye test.

also.. DMC had the luxury of having his teammates and coaches tailormade for him (dumping IT, Tyreke, getting Collison and Gay for example)

Marc had do adapt and grow alongside the players he was given

kurple
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
:pimp:

Im Still Ballin
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
What?