PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass, without prior notice, has renewed my subscription charged me $250

Human Error
11-29-2014, 09:27 PM
I was a premium subscriber for '13-14 season and I was let down by their poor performance on mobile devices(tehinical difficulties all the time) so I had zero desire to pay for it ever again, however, they renewed my subscription without prior notice and charged me $250, I wasn't aware of it until the credit card company acknowledged me. They got caught. I was upset and asked for an immediate refund, they said they would refund within 3-5 working days, only to keep quiet for the last 30 days and leave me no reply to my repeated e-mails.

Now I will have to ask for them to pay back my $250 and its interest for 30 days as well. Amount of interest would be small but this is just not right.

Anybody been in the same situation? What did you to to speed up refund process? Have you ever tried to charge them interest?

J Shuttlesworth
11-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Did you set up your account for auto renewal?

PizzamanIRL
11-29-2014, 09:30 PM
It was probably a human error.

Human Error
11-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Did you set up your account for auto renewal?
No, I registered my basic information only and they knew my credit card details from my last subscription.

buddha
11-29-2014, 09:39 PM
don't worry, I know a guy who played in the NBA. i'll take of this for you.

just kidding you fakking idiot

Imtheman
11-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a personal problem

VengefulAngel
11-29-2014, 09:47 PM

haha. :roll: :roll:

I knew it was a joke as soon as you said ' I know a guy'.

outbreak
11-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Mine auto renewed but I got 2 different emails mentioning it and how I was getting a discount. A friend with it got the same emails too.Check your spam or check you have the right email account attached.

MMM
11-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Why is it 250??? Got league pass for 150 this season. Honestly though the NBA has the worst streaming package.

MLB LP is vastly superior
The blackouts aren't as restricted and I can watch the last 4 seasons on Archive including the post season.

If the NBA provided the same quality I would be willing to spend much more on their packaging.

KrizMiz
11-29-2014, 09:55 PM
you are f****d

just go to your profile, there is a option where you can unsubscribe - but you didnt looked there before - thats why you pay now - noone did a mistake but yourself

thats how it works - people who dont read when they pay - will pay twice

many people got that problem, thats the leaguepass method! they did it years before that too

https://account.nba.com/subscriberagreement

sportjames23
11-29-2014, 09:56 PM

:oldlol:

Cold-blooded, but I had to laugh.

dannywpt
11-29-2014, 10:06 PM
I sent them an angry e-mail about this and never got a response. :rockon:

nathanjizzle
11-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Leaguepass is bullshit business tactics. I lost 25 dollars signing up for a month only to find out local games are blocked. Wtf you failed to mention that in your advertisement

lilteapot
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Why is it 250??? Got league pass for 150 this season. Honestly though the NBA has the worst streaming package.

The blackouts aren't as restricted and I can watch the last 4 seasons on Archive including the post season.

If the NBA provided the same quality I would be willing to spend much more on their packaging.

I got all 30 teams for 200.

Im so nba'd out
11-29-2014, 10:32 PM
OP you do know that subscription means it's a recurring charge :facepalm
negged...
1 starred...
future negged again...

just playing about the negged part

AirTupac
11-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Negged to make your day worse

kenny817
11-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Negged for choosing League Pass instead of Ballstreams

Noob

sportjames23
11-29-2014, 11:02 PM
^^^:oldlol:

Theoo
11-29-2014, 11:13 PM
men are u kidden lmao you think there gone pay interest becuse you coudnt read that the well charge you again next season .. peoples call my the retarted one on these website and even i know that . you well be lucky if the even refund you man

AnaheimLakers24
11-29-2014, 11:31 PM
lol. heat fans still taking l's

navy
11-29-2014, 11:32 PM
lol. heat fans still taking l's
Have you seen the Lakers record lately?

Im so nba'd out
11-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Have you seen the Lakers record lately?
:lebronamazed:

PsychoBe
11-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Negged to make your day worse

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

webberz0044
11-30-2014, 01:08 AM
It nearly happened to me before the season started. Luckily someone reminded me on another forum about their bullshit auto renewal scam. That shit should be illegal.

Phenith
11-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Ballstreams is easily a better choice, 365 days of Live HD streaming and archived games, no black outs, all games, all teams, playoffs, internationall tournament ball and it's cheaper than League Pass.

Here's a referral link for anyone who wants to give it a try.
http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/1049

Just an FYI, Ballstreams is a subscription as well, so if you sign-up, you have to cancel if you don't want to continue the service, just like any other subscription.

SpanishACB
11-30-2014, 10:48 AM
this is how subscriptions work buddy...

YOU are the one that has to cancel it.

that's why it's a subcription

you really own a credit card and don't know this? geez

IGOTGAME
11-30-2014, 11:39 AM
good thing about ball streams is that they give you ample notice of when the renewal will be. its not like lg pass where they hope you just forget. Ballstreams has better quality streaming too.

Shade8780
11-30-2014, 12:43 PM
On the other hand, my Ballstreams membership ended nearly a month ago and I'm still able to watch games free of charge :lol

bagelred
11-30-2014, 12:48 PM
good lord, interest? Just get your money back...trying to get that $1 of interest will be ridiculous. Take the "interest lost" as a lesson learned

Kblaze8855
11-30-2014, 01:10 PM
They got me years ago. You can fight to get it back but they will make it annoying. Auto renewal should be illegal. AOL was still charging my grandma for dial up internet in like 2013 over having it in 2001.

Kblaze8855
11-30-2014, 01:15 PM
To give credit where its due to one heartless sports giant...

I use NFL gamepass to get sunday ticket/redzone without cable. Use a service to appear to be in europe since they dont let Americans buy it...

Anyway they once hit me with the monthy auto pay...but DIDNT give me the service so I had to pay the weekly rate that week to watch. I contacted customer service later and they refunded the weekly pay id given(which I didnt even ask for)....AND the auto pay...and gave me a month of free service.

Took less than 2 minutes. All I did was copy/paste from my account statement showing they charged me but my account was still inactive.

He said "Sorry...just a moment" and fixed it in seconds and sent the refund to my account unprompted.

I ended up paying nothing for 5 weeks. All from online chat..no calls...no argument. No hassle.

The NBA could do the same. But they wont.

senelcoolidge
11-30-2014, 01:46 PM

This is sooo true. My dad used the MLB LP it's vastly superior to the NBA one. The NBA one is a rip off in comparison. It's amateurish. Surprised it hasn't been improved.

IGOTGAME
11-30-2014, 02:15 PM
This is sooo true. My dad used the MLB LP it's vastly superior to the NBA one. The NBA one is a rip off in comparison. It's amateurish. Surprised it hasn't been improved.

mlb was sued about the blackouts. think the decision came out recently.

DMAVS41
11-30-2014, 02:18 PM

I bet it's drastically improved when the new tv deal kicks in...but yea...right now it sucks.

Well, the DirecTV package is good....and I must say they actually have made the video quality on apple tv much better.

The problem is I think you need absurdly fast internet. I have a 100 mbps connection now so I have had no issues. Even on my old 60 mbps connection I noticed issues.