PDA

View Full Version : I really wonder why kobe chooses to shoot over 2 people when he sees a teammate open

Im so nba'd out
11-24-2014, 04:47 PM
i guess its ok to do it in the clutch but why does it do it 75% of the game?I really question his basketball iq sometimes hell of a player though....

K.Koscik
11-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Because if 2 people are guarding Kobe, it's 3 on 4 for the offensive rebound for his team. Duh

:coleman:

iTare
11-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Testosterone

Rose'sACL
11-24-2014, 04:59 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/FlashyGratefulAfricanaugurbuzzard.gif

no one is guarding nick young. He is not a bad 3 point shooter when he is open like that. the funny thing is that nuggets knew that kobe will shoot.

Im so nba'd out
11-24-2014, 06:22 PM

no one is guarding nick young. He is not a bad 3 point shooter when he is open like that. the funny thing is that nuggets knew that kobe will shoot.
LOL and his beta teammates just take it they play their hearts out for 46 minutes just to watch this bch go 1 on 5 for the game.man man man i wish he played with someone like a jordan who would dog his ass everyday for doing dumb shit

f0und
11-24-2014, 06:36 PM
the question isnt, why does he shoot over 2 people when he sees an open teammate. the question is, does he even see his teammates? hmmm....

Droid101
11-24-2014, 06:38 PM
LOL and his beta teammates just take it they play their hearts out for 46 minutes just to watch this bch go 1 on 5 for the game.man man man i wish he played with someone like a jordan who would dog his ass everyday for doing dumb shit
Uh, not what happened. Kobe watched them go 1-12 to start the fourth before taking a single shot.

If my teammates missed 11 shots I'd take the damn ball and do it myself too.

Young X
11-24-2014, 06:49 PM
It's because he doesn't have a high basketball IQ at all. He might know the ins and outs of the game better than most but his decision making is and always has been terrible. He would rather jack up a terrible, low percentage shot than trying to get the best shot for his team.

He used to be able to get away with it because of his physical talent but now he's too old to make those same plays and he's too stubborn to adjust his game. Been saying it for years; his IQ is his biggest weakness.

Doranku
11-24-2014, 06:54 PM
It's because he doesn't have a high basketball IQ at all. He might know the ins and outs of the game better than most but his decision making is and always has been terrible. He would rather jack up a terrible, low percentage shot than trying to get the best shot for his team.

He used to be able to get away with it because of his physical talent but now he's too old to make those same plays and he's too stubborn to adjust his game. Been saying it for years; his IQ is his biggest weakness.
:oldlol:

Myth
11-24-2014, 07:00 PM

It also helped to have bigs that could actually rebound his misses.

outbreak
11-24-2014, 07:02 PM
It's because he wants to be the man and prove he is still elite. He isn't going to get acknowledgement this year for winning anything so making game winners and trying to score big numbers is his way of being relevant.

It is an interesting idea to imagine someone like JR Smith putting up some of his stat lines this season or some of the plays like the gif above, if someone like him did this people would be jumping on his basketball IQ. Kobes shown he has a high IQ anyway, it's just him needing some way to get attention.

Young X
11-24-2014, 07:04 PM
:oldlol:Name another player with a high IQ that consistently makes the same stupid decisions that Kobe does.

He's in his 19th season and he STILL plays like a rookie at times.

He's shooting 38% from the floor and still shoots 24 times per game. That's not smart.

You don't have to defend every ****ing thing Kobe does smh.

Doranku
11-24-2014, 07:05 PM
It also helped to have bigs that could actually rebound his misses.

The Lakers are first in the league in offensive rebounding.

Myth
11-24-2014, 07:07 PM
The Lakers are first in the league in offensive rebounding.

And they have Kobe to thank for that :D

Doranku
11-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Name another player with a high IQ that consistently makes the same stupid decisions that Kobe does.

He's in his 19th season and he STILL plays like a rookie at times.

He's shooting 38% from the floor and still shoots 24 times per game. That's not smart.

You don't have to defend every ****ing thing Kobe does smh.

It has nothing to do with his "baskeball IQ". If you watched Kobe play when he was winning championships, this isn't how he played at all.

The problem is that Kobe is playing for himself, not for the team. He doesn't give a shit about anything else except making himself look good.

He isn't trying to play "good basketball", he's out there with the mentality to score. That's it. And sometimes, like last night, it's sad to see.

Dro
11-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Because he's tired of seeing Wesley Johnson, Ronnie Price, and Jordan Hill brick long jumpshots? I dunno...He figures he has a better chance to make it over 2 people than they do of making it wide open. He passes to Lin, I've seen that and he should pass to Lin.

Kobe's shown his capable of playing his style and getting role players involved but he has to have confidence in them to make the shot...same thing MJ had to go through and other greats, they have to have confidence in their teammates but their teammates have to show them that they can make the open shot....

SamuraiSWISH
11-24-2014, 07:16 PM
It's been kind of obvious his entire career. Everything about Kobe feels contrived. Even down to the MJ mannerism / game aping.

Kobe's mentality ...

1st objective: Glory Hound / Legacy
2nd objective: Winning

The former should be byproduct organically of the latter. But not with the self proclaimed Black Mamba.

AlphaWolf24
11-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Clearly none of y'all watched the nature/Discovery/PBs channel growing up...

hierarchy of WolfPacks....Kobe is straight Pissing on trees and Mounting Bitchez in the middle of the den....

all these new players....Kobe showing them who is the leader....

oarabbus
11-24-2014, 07:18 PM

hierarchy of WolfPacks....Kobe is straight Pissing on trees and Mounting Bitchez in the middle of the den....

Jordan managed to do that... while winning more.

navy
11-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Because he's tired of seeing Wesley Johnson, Ronnie Price, and Jordan Hill brick long jumpshots? I dunno...He figures he has a better chance to make it over 2 people than they do of making it wide open. He passes to Lin, I've seen that and he should pass to Lin.

Kobe's shown his capable of playing his style and getting role players involved but he has to have confidence in them to make the shot...same thing MJ had to go through and other greats, they have to have confidence in their teammates but their teammates have to show them that they can make the open shot....

There is no excusing Kobe's play. You really think his teammates cant hit open shots at a higher rate than he can brick them?

My main problem with Kobe isnt the amount of shots he takes. It is the volume of terrible shots that he himself forces. Pick and roll to get Kobe open or a mismatch? Nope. Screen Kobe's man off high. Nope. Weak side action? Nope. Spread the floor and expect a pass if help comes? Nope.

Literally GTFO out of my way. At least tell the team to go after the rebound to get a Kobe assist or something.

Mass Debator
11-24-2014, 07:21 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/reality-what-kobe-sees.jpg

CelticBaller
11-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Uh, not what happened. Kobe watched them go 1-12 to start the fourth before taking a single shot.

If my teammates missed 11 shots I'd take the damn ball and do it myself too.
and thats why you don't get paid to play ball

outbreak
11-24-2014, 07:23 PM

It's a team sport. His team is losing. Kobe isn't showing these new players shit right now.

SouBeachTalents
11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
and thats why you don't get paid to play ball

:oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
It's a team sport. His team is losing. Kobe isn't showing these new players shit right now.
Just that he's selfish, egomaniacal, and kind of nuts. He's not mentoring these guys at all.

Dro
11-24-2014, 07:29 PM
There is no excusing Kobe's play. You really think his teammates cant hit open shots at a higher rate than he can brick them?

My main problem with Kobe isnt the amount of shots he takes. It is the volume of terrible shots that he himself forces. Pick and roll to get Kobe open or a mismatch? Nope. Screen Kobe's man off high. Nope. Weak side action? Nope. Spread the floor and expect a pass if help comes? Nope.

Literally GTFO out of my way. At least tell the team to go after the rebound to get a Kobe assist or something.
I haven't seen them prove they can consistently make open shots this year when he's made an effort to get them involved...And when the season first started, he did make an effort to get them involved..I know because I've seen almost all the Laker games this season just to see how Kobe's been playing...He's definitely gunned a lot this season but he has made an effort to get them involved...Now that Young is back, maybe he'll try to get him open but I don't even think Young is that good so:confusedshrug:

navy
11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
I haven't seen them prove they can consistently make open shots this year when he's made an effort to get them involved...And when the season first started, he did make an effort to get them involved..I know because I've seen almost all the Laker games this season just to see how Kobe's been playing...He's definitely gunned a lot this season but he has made an effort to get them involved...Now that Young is back, maybe he'll try to get him open but I don't even think Young is that good so:confusedshrug:
Kobe hasnt consistently made any shot. Like I said, it's not about the teammates shooting, It's about the shots Kobe is generating. You dont need much to generate better shots for Kobe. That should be the goal if the teamates cant hit anything.

Or you know, at least have the common courtesy to tell the team to rebound.

Myth
11-24-2014, 07:35 PM

That wasn't in Denver, it was Eagle, CO.

swagga
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
i guess its ok to do it in the clutch but why does it do it 75% of the game?I really question his basketball iq sometimes hell of a player though....

it's easy bro. There are 3 teams. kobe, the other team and the ballboy team. He goes out there on the pitch like a true warrior and wins it by himself against 5 other dudes.

dreamwarrior
11-25-2014, 03:25 AM

Nobody is even asking for the ball or trying to get open.

K Xerxes
11-25-2014, 04:45 AM

I'm sure we did, but I think most of us have enough sense to understand that we are humans, not wolves.

Im so nba'd out
11-25-2014, 04:47 AM
Nobody is even asking for the ball or trying to get open.
Why do you have to ask for the ball if your open...

Magic 32
11-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Somebody should make video where Kobe pass it to Shaw, Horry, Harper, Fisher, Fox, Ariza, Blake, and Pau in the clutch.

Haters only wants to remember the Smush & Kwame years and now.

He will pass it to you if he thinks you can make it.

KOBE143
11-25-2014, 05:17 AM

Ever heard of Kobe assist? That play was actually a Kobe assist.. If that was Ron Artest he would probably catch that Kobe assist for an easy putback just like back in the day, instead they have ****ing Jordan Hill who sucks big time in that kind of situation.. Its not Kobe's fault that his teammate sucks that they couldnt even catch his assist.. :facepalm

Im so nba'd out
11-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Ever heard of Kobe assist? That play was actually a Kobe assist.. If that was Ron Artest he would probably catch that Kobe assist for an easy putback just like back in the day, instead they have ****ing Jordan Hill who sucks big time in that kind of situation.. Its not Kobe's fault that his teammate sucks that they couldnt even catch his assist.. :facepalm
Thats a iverson assist....not a kobe assist except iverson would actually get into the paint before he missed the shot

La Frescobaldi
11-25-2014, 11:40 AM
It has nothing to do with his "baskeball IQ". If you watched Kobe play when he was winning championships, this isn't how he played at all.

The problem is that Kobe is playing for himself, not for the team. He doesn't give a shit about anything else except making himself look good.

He isn't trying to play "good basketball", he's out there with the mentality to score. That's it. And sometimes, like last night, it's sad to see.

Only on the floor to beat Jordan in career points.

No other reason.

Dro
11-25-2014, 11:59 AM

You dudes are funny...If Lebron had made that pass to Young, you guys would be in here killing him for "not wanting to take the last shot"...

You guys are crazy, nobody can win with you guys....

The clock was running down, Kobe was taking the shot, I don't have much of a problem with that particular play.....

Also #10 had not fully committed to doubling Kobe, he was in the middle. If Kobe makes that pass, he should easily be able to get back to contest Young's shot so I don't really see the problem....

swagga
11-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Only on the floor to beat Jordan in career points.

No other reason.

#1 pick for the lakers :applause:

TheGreatDeraj
11-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Where do you see two people?

That is a clear 1 on 1. Young's defender never left the freethrow angle, so he could still defend Young in case of the pass.

Dro
11-25-2014, 12:37 PM

That is a clear 1 on 1. Young's defender never left the freethrow angle, so he could still defend Young in case of the pass.
This.....

Nash
11-25-2014, 12:53 PM
alpha and stuff

SpecialQue
11-25-2014, 12:55 PM
No, you don't wonder.

You started a troll topic to get responses. At least own up to being a jackass in the OP.

And if you're questioning his basketball IQ after five championships and a legendary career, then I'm sorry, you're the idiot here.

Rake2204
11-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Nobody is even asking for the ball or trying to get open.With 10 seconds remaining, that looks like a Kobe iso on the left wing. That said, I believe some stars iso with two possibilities: 1) Create a good shot for myself or 2) Create a good shot for a teammate.

If a player has proven long enough that his one goal with under 10 seconds left is going to be for him to shoot it and him only - it does effect a teammate's likelihood to engage, move, and get open. That stuff takes work and energy and over time, without reward, one tends to believe it's no longer a good use of stamina and effort.

That all goes well beyond the gif quoted, as again, that looks like a standard end-of-quarter clearout - but it can serve as a microcosm in some regards.

AlphaWolf24
11-25-2014, 01:36 PM

shhhh.....

you are arguing with people who never played 1 organized game of basketball ..

people actually saying Kobe shot over "2 people" or my favorite " Nick Young was open"...are basketball illiterates...

Young was not open....his defender was in help position and could have easily recovered if Kobe swung the ball...