PDA

View Full Version : If Monta Ellis isnt an all-star this year...

DirkNowitzki41
11-22-2014, 12:06 AM
:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Dude is playing on a whole new level.

He's sharing the ball, scoring (20ppg) efficiently, playing surprisingly solid defense, and just looks great out there.

masonanddixon
11-22-2014, 12:16 AM
I knew this would happen. Playing with Dirk makes everyone look good. But Monta looks like his best ever running mate right now.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
CP, Steph, Lillard, Klay........Montas been good but hes not making it........

masonanddixon
11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
CP, Steph, Lillard, Klay........Montas been good but hes not making it........

lol at Chris Paul and Lillard.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Lillard and CP are better at everything except slashing

sejoon101
11-22-2014, 12:22 AM

Seems like the name CP holds so much weight... no way in hell lillard and cp been better than monta this season. Too early still but as of now, fck outta here

PsychoBe
11-22-2014, 12:22 AM
if he was in the least he would be a shoe-in, but in the stacked west he won't make it.

this is like when steve smith was complaining about how hard it was to make the all-star team in the east in the 90's because michael and reggie were always gonna make it, and it would be him and a plethora of other players fighting for it.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-22-2014, 12:24 AM
if he was in the least he would be a shoe-in, but in the stacked west he won't make it.

this is like when steve smith was complaining about how hard it was to make the all-star team in the east in the 90's because michael and reggie were always gonna make it, and it would be him and a plethora of other players fighting for it.
Monta never made an allstar on the east either.
Theres no Dirk in the east to make Monta look better than he is

stalkerforlife
11-22-2014, 12:24 AM
He'll make it.

Done_And_Done
11-22-2014, 12:25 AM
Gotta hand it to him. He's really transfigured his game in the most positive of ways. His reputation has elevated from that of a me first, score happy chucker to a player with a team first mind set. Love seeing talented players mature and come into their own.

PsychoBe
11-22-2014, 12:26 AM

yea that's true too i guess. i don't know a team in the east that would make him look good right now anyways.

Bird
11-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Seems like the name CP holds so much weight... no way in hell lillard and cp been better than monta this season. Too early still but as of now, fck outta here

Monta: 20/4/2/1, 48% FG, 81% FT, 2 TO
Lillard: 21/6/5/1, 45 % FG, 94% FT, 3 TO
Paul: 18/10/4.5/2, 50% FG, 81% FT, 1.5 TO

I absolutely love Monta as a Mavericks fan, but, right now, he isn't beating out those two, nor is he beating out Curry, Harden or Kobe (Kobe will get in due to the sheer amount of people stuffing the ballot for him).

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-22-2014, 12:33 AM

I absolutely love Monta as a Mavericks fan, but, right now, he isn't beating out those two, nor is he beating out Curry, Harden or Kobe (Kobe will get in due to the sheer amount of people stuffing the ballot for him).
Logic:applause: :applause:

plus CPs numbers dont show what a vastly superior defender he is

tpols
11-22-2014, 12:35 AM
He deserves it.. One of the best slashers in the game.

Carlisle really reeled him in.

Bird
11-22-2014, 12:42 AM
He deserves it.. One of the best slashers in the game.

Carlisle really reeled him in.

This is the best thing to happen in Monta's career. Carlisle has him playing better defense (he doesn't take as many risks for steals as he did in GS and MIL), has him looking for the open man more and has turned the Dirk and Monta PnR into a thing of beauty. It's not on a Stockton and Malone level, but it is probably one of the top 5 most dangerous PnR's in the league right now.

Monta is an amazing second option on a team with an amazing number one option and I am extremely glad Cuban was able to land him on a very nice contract for the team. Hoping he re-ups with the Mavs in two? years when his contract is up.

DirkNowitzki41
11-22-2014, 12:58 AM

East wasn't as weak back then. But still, he is a better player now. If the Mavs were in the east today, he makes it for sure.

Give Ellis some credit too, he is putting the work in. (with the help of Dirk and Carlisle)

Cone
11-22-2014, 02:07 AM
he should be

Myth
11-22-2014, 06:08 AM

According bb-reference Lillard actually is shooting 47.6% fg. Not sure if that is before or after his 7 for 9 shooting against the Bulls.

iamgine
11-22-2014, 06:29 AM
Monta performed better but he's not the better player. Lillard, Curry, CP, Harden, Westbrook, Parker all better players. Also, Kobe and Lin is vastly more popular than Monta.

So yeah, Monta's not making it this season. He'll be lucky to even make the ballot.

andremiller07
11-22-2014, 06:41 AM
The West is so stacked with talent and on top of that the voting system is terrible and players like Ellis/Cousins/Klay Thompson will probably miss out again

Monta Ellis is a All-Star even if he doesn't make a All-Star team.

NZStreetBaller
11-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Lmao whats with all the stats??? Last I checked all star selection was a popularity contest. You know for a fact kobes starting the sg position. Ellis has a good chance to back him up though. He needs to do something to promote himself a little better. Guy is kinda under the radar.

Carter_17
11-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Kobe/Monta>>Thomson>>harden/wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other sg atm

Seriously Ellis is the best SG in the league right now. Also he is one of the most enjoyable players to watch. He deserved a ring last year and hope he will make it this year.

DirkNowitzki41
11-22-2014, 04:08 PM
The West is so stacked with talent and on top of that the voting system is terrible and players like Ellis/Cousins/Klay Thompson will probably miss out again

Monta Ellis is a All-Star even if he doesn't make a All-Star team.

well said :applause:

dontgetchoked
11-22-2014, 04:18 PM

cp3 averaging 10 assists with 1.5 turnovers!?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/amazing.gif

Kobe/Monta>>Thomson>>harden/wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other sg atm

Seriously Ellis is the best SG in the league right now. Also he is one of the most enjoyable players to watch. He deserved a ring last year and hope he will make it this year.

This is just so wrong. How the f is kobe the best 2 in the league? have you watched any laker games? I love kobe, but c'mon he takes the dumbest shots, and will miss like 4 or 5 in a row, then make one and laker fans are like omg GOAT! Dude needs to step back. sure his team sucks, but they're still NBA players, and obviously kobe ball isn't working. Also Jimmy butler had a rough couple of games back to back, but so far, he's been a top sg.

pastis
11-22-2014, 04:35 PM
sad thing about monta is: because he played rather bad in milwaukee and bricked lots of shots, he is NOW profiting of the system and of course of the fact, that enemys defense is more focusing on Dirk than him.
SADLY NOW people might think that he is just a system player, but OVERLOOK that he changed completly with the mavs. he is just an overall better player now, profiting from Dirk attention, but still... a better overall player.

but it is tough to make the ALL-STAR in the West. No shame about not making it while fighting for spott with lilliard, cp3, curry, harden, kobe

turret
11-22-2014, 04:40 PM

+1

Steve Smith had one of the sweetest jumpers to ever suit up.

But no doubt Monta has really stepped up his game. He could always lite it up, but wow I never knew he could pass.
Dallas is my dark horse for WCF.

turret
11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
cp3 averaging 10 assists with 1.5 turnovers!?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/amazing.gif

This is just so wrong. How the f is kobe the best 2 in the league? have you watched any laker games? I love kobe, but c'mon he takes the dumbest shots, and will miss like 4 or 5 in a row, then make one and laker fans are like omg GOAT! Dude needs to step back. sure his team sucks, but they're still NBA players, and obviously kobe ball isn't working. Also Jimmy butler had a rough couple of games back to back, but so far, he's been a top sg.

+1

Kobe is a shell of his former self. It happens eventually to all the greats
Damn that HOF could ball back in the day.
It's painful to watch the downturn; ie Jordan/wizards.

Bird
11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
According bb-reference Lillard actually is shooting 47.6% fg. Not sure if that is before or after his 7 for 9 shooting against the Bulls.

Yeah, I think I either posted it before the game was over OR bb-ref didn't update his stats until after I posted it.

It helps his side of the argument even more as well.

navy
11-22-2014, 09:51 PM
lol at you thinking Monta has a shot over them. :lol

stalkerforlife
11-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Ellis is a selfish low IQ player.

Rodmantheman
11-22-2014, 11:46 PM

talk about knee jerk reaction:facepalm

dontgetchoked
11-22-2014, 11:50 PM
nah brah, but he did bury the mavs tonight with a terrible shot and then a turnover :facepalm

Biggyd81
11-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Monta got SCHOOLED by a real all star tonight lol