PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal: Jonas V + Picks for Center Upgrade

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Other than Al Horford, who is potentially available?

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 03:24 AM
Why would you trade away the future of your team?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 03:25 AM
Why would you trade away the future of your team?
He's overrated and not really improving.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 03:27 AM
Jonas and Amir for Ibaka:applause: :applause: :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 03:28 AM
No. Amir is one of the most underrated players in the league. I'd do Jonas + 1st(s?) for Ibaka all day, though.

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 03:28 AM
He's overrated and not really improving.

He's like 22 years old and he's already a double double machine.

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 03:29 AM
No. Amir is one of the most underrated players in the league. I'd do Jonas + 1st(s?) for Ibaka all day, though.

lol Ibaka is the definition of a guy who has never improved.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 03:30 AM
I really like Amir........he is underrated top 10 PF since last season IMO
he doesnt put up big numbers but he has alot of impact, very smart defender especially

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 03:31 AM
lol Ibaka is the definition of a guy who has never improved.
This is a joke, right? He developed his mid-range/3 point game tremendously. Also doesn't try to block everything/bite on every up fake anymore. He's improved a lot. More than I ever thought he would.

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 03:32 AM
This is a joke, right? He developed his mid-range/3 point game tremendously. Also doesn't try to block everything/bite on every up fake anymore. He's improved a lot. More than I ever thought he would.

He sucks. He still can't guard anyone and he still has no post game. He's had the past 2 seasons now to shine with Westbrook and Durant out and he hasn't done shit. He is what he is. Another overrated shot blocker with a low IQ.

SugarHill
11-20-2014, 03:35 AM
He sucks. He still can't guard anyone and he still has no post game. He's had the past 2 seasons now to shine with Westbrook and Durant out and he hasn't done shit. He is what he is. Another overrated shot blocker with a low IQ.
If he was white, you would still give him more chances :oldlol:

AKADS
11-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Val is not being traded. I agree that the Raptors need another big. I have said all year David West if he becomes available.

PP is a good 4th big and would work well with Amir off the bench. Hayes and Hansbrough should not be getting minutes unless foul trouble or blow outs.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 03:37 AM
Thats true but what he has said is also true. Ibaka has a nice midrange jumper but only when he has offensive juggernauts like KD and westbrook takin all the defensive attention away from him. He cant get into that position or create a shot for himself or others. Defense his only claim to fame is weakside shotblocking, almost all other aspects of his defense is very mediocre considering his "DPOY hype"

he is what he is. a decent role player, 4th or 5th option on a title team

bdreason
11-20-2014, 03:38 AM
Toronto's coach doesn't want a Center. If he did, he would play Jonas more. There is nothing wrong with JV, it's just that the Raptors prefer to play an uptempo, perimeter oriented game.

masonanddixon

He's a starting player on a championship level team, no more no less. Big Jonas has star potential. They are of two different beasts.

RoundMoundOfReb
Where's Kenyon Martin, these days? He looked decent last year....wouldn't mind signing him for depth.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Thats true but what he has said is also true. Ibaka has a nice midrange jumper but only when he has offensive juggernauts like KD and westbrook takin all the defensive attention away from him. He cant get into that position or create a shot for himself or others. Defense his only claim to fame is weakside shotblocking, almost all other aspects of his defense is very mediocre considering his "DPOY hype"

he is what he is. a decent role player, 4th or 5th option on a title team
Agreed. Although 4th option is a bit harsh. He's Horace Grant level.

masonanddixon
11-20-2014, 03:41 AM

Whats wrong with being the 4th option on a championship team? Thats pretty damn good.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Horace Grant was really good IMO
very underrated and a high impact player and hes better at Ibaka at everything except shotblocking. Hes closer to Chris Bosh than Ibaka is to him IMO.

andremiller07
11-20-2014, 05:41 AM
If they want to contend in the next 2 years of so they need a better C or PF, or SF for that matter. One of those 3 positions has to be upgraded.

imnew09
11-20-2014, 05:50 AM
for Boozer and Sacre

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2014, 10:13 AM
I'll give you Favors. Can't imagine wanting to trade him personally.

Sakkreth
11-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Rather trade Casey.

Lebronxrings
11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
varejao + waiters for ross + jonas + 1st pick

Cavs lineup:
Kyrie/delly
Ross/miller
Lebron/marion
Love/thompson
Jonas/?

kurple
11-20-2014, 10:45 AM
How bout Mozgov and Wilson Chandler -4- Fields, Camby (both expirings) and '16 DEN/NYK 1st round pick back?

Win-Win-Win

QuebecBaller
11-20-2014, 11:07 AM
varejao + waiters for ross + jonas + 1st pick

Cavs lineup:
Kyrie/delly
Ross/miller
Lebron/marion
Love/thompson
Jonas/?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/062010/1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

AKADS
11-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Toronto is in a interesting position as they have youth in Demar, Ross, Val so they don't need to over react and veterans in Amir and Lowry who aren't even 30 yet.

They aren't going to make a big move, they might package some picks and expiring contract but that's about it unless they are getting an all star type players in return.

hawksdogsbraves
11-20-2014, 12:46 PM
They don't need to make any sort of big move. Trade for more depth if need be and let this core get another playoff run in.

I see this team as being more built for the regular season but the only way to get past that is by keeping the core together for playoff series'.