PDA

View Full Version : Jennings makes another serious case for most aesthetically pleasing player

PerfectCell
11-13-2014, 12:21 AM
with this performance tonight

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1YavMt-uJgw

Rake2204
11-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Watching Jennings play drives me crazy. All he does is remind me of the countless guys I've played ball with throughout my life who spend the entire game performing low efficiency maneuvers, struggling throughout, then succeeding just often enough to encourage them to continue playing like idiots.

Aesthetically, outside of his occasional ballfakes, I do not particularly care for Jennings' game either. A lot of drifting, falling, and poor form. And wild floaters. There's always wild floaters.

Never seen a bonus shooter like him either. By that I mean, if he hits one jumper, he's decided right then and there that he gets a freebie the next trip down (aka gets to shoot wherever and however he wants). And then if he hits again, he keeps going - and the longer his streak, the longer the comedown. He hit two threes in a row tonight. He spent the next 5 minutes running like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to shoot from anywhere, whenever.

Ariza4three
11-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Jennings is ****ing terrible.

Mass Debator
11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Exciting player when he's on but he's not quite smooth enough for me. Reminds me of a mini Jamal Crawford which isn't a bad thing at all. I think Kyrie and someone like Iverson is on another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL6ATDdJzXI

boozehound
11-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Watching Jennings play drives me crazy. All he does is remind me of the countless guys I've played ball with throughout my life who spend the entire game performing low efficiency maneuvers, struggling throughout, then succeeding just often enough to encourage them to continue playing like idiots.

Aesthetically, outside of his occasional ballfakes, I do not particularly care for Jennings' game either. A lot of drifting, falling, and poor form. And wild floaters. There's always wild floaters.

Never seen a bonus shooter like him either. By that I mean, if he hits one jumper, he's decided right then and there that he gets a freebie the next trip down (aka gets to shoot wherever and however he wants). And then if he hits again, he keeps going - and the longer his streak, the longer the comedown. He hit two threes in a row tonight. He spent the next 5 minutes running like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to shoot from anywhere, whenever.
yeah that stretch was brutal. Dude is a ****ing moron of a pg and so caught up in his own "heat" that he ruins minutes of offense. Smoove isnt much better, particularly down the stretch. The number of times (just this year) Ive seen the two of them take a terrible shot rather than make another pass for a better shot is sad.

Rake2204
11-13-2014, 01:13 AM
yeah that stretch was brutal. Dude is a ****ing moron of a pg and so caught up in his own "heat" that he ruins minutes of offense. Smoove isnt much better, particularly down the stretch. The number of times (just this year) Ive seen the two of them take a terrible shot rather than make another pass for a better shot is sad.I am not usually very critical of NBA players' shot selection but it's nearly impossible to not notice it with those guys. I've watched with non-fans who will even say, "What was he doing there?"

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 03:07 AM

:applause: Very good description of that type of player and analysis of Jennings

Swaggin916
11-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Always liked his jumper... when he's on it's a thing of beauty. It was much cooler though that first year in Milwaukee... then you realize oh this guy is a career 40% shooter.

Smook A.
11-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Jennings is only exciting to watch when he has the hot hand. When he's off, he's probably one of the most empty-headed players I've seen, and his game becomes boring. Jennings is like the PG version of Josh Smith. Funny how both play on the same team, lol. Anyway, when Jenning is cold, he still continues to jack up retarded shots. A lot of the times, you'll see him pull up for contested 3's. I've seen both sides of his game. The 55 point game he had against the Warriors in his rookie year will probably be the most exciting one he'll ever have.

oarabbus
11-13-2014, 03:30 AM
Jennings is only exciting to watch when he has the hot hand. When he's off, he's probably one of the most empty-headed players I've seen, and his game becomes boring. Jennings is like the PG version of Josh Smith. Funny how both play on the same team, lol. Anyway, when Jenning is cold, he still continues to jack up retarded shots. A lot of the times, you'll see him pull up for contested 3's. I've seen both sides of his game. The 55 point game he had against the Warriors in his rookie year will probably be the most exciting one he'll ever have.

Who goes on the All-Retarded Chucker team?

PG Brandon Jennings
SG JR Smith
SF Nick Young?
PF Josh Smith
C ?

6man: ?

Milbuck
11-13-2014, 03:38 AM

Pretty much all of my thoughts on Jennings condensed into one post. Especially that first part.

The sooner Detroit ditches Jennings and Smith, the sooner they can start seriously building around Monroe, KCP, etc.

kNIOKAS
11-13-2014, 03:44 AM

Um I always had my trust in Jennings, but it's been some years already and he has not become a special player. I also haven't seen a lot of his games, so I don't know. Is it time to hang it up? If he really is the type of player you're talking about, I'd do it. :(

Smook A.
11-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Who goes on the All-Retarded Chucker team?

PG Brandon Jennings
SG JR Smith
SF Nick Young?
PF Josh Smith
C ?

6man: ?
Maybe Bargnani at Center and replace Nick Young with Rudy Gay.

PG - Jennings
SG - JR Smith
SF - Rudy
PF - Josh Smith
C - Bargs

6th man - Nick Young

Perfect :lol

bdreason
11-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Pretty much all of my thoughts on Jennings condensed into one post. Especially that first part.

The sooner Detroit ditches Jennings and Smith, the sooner they can start seriously building around Monroe, KCP, etc.

Monroe is a UFA and is probably going to walk. Why someone hasn't locked this guy up yet I have no idea. KCP is garbage, and looks like a perennial bench player to me.

I agree the Pistons will never go anywhere with Jennings and Smith though.

FKAri
11-13-2014, 05:41 AM
He's basically a poor man's allen iverson.

Kaspah
11-13-2014, 10:05 AM
what?

Dudes style ain't aesthetically pleasing at all.

Hes a bad ball player, but this threads about how he looks good, right? Man you're blind or don't know jack about basketball

Rake2204
11-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Monroe is a UFA and is probably going to walk. Why someone hasn't locked this guy up yet I have no idea. KCP is garbage, and looks like a perennial bench player to me.

I agree the Pistons will never go anywhere with Jennings and Smith though.I picture Stan Van Gundy going home at night and retiring to a den strewn with blueprints & thumb-tacked notes on the wall, the remnants of the hours of work he's put in trying to plan how to best rid of those two (Smith and Jennings). Like, "If T - X = 14 to the 3rd Power, then that means I might be able to feasibly unload Josh Smith on Phoenix for a dozen sausage links by morning" type stuff.

Kaspah
11-13-2014, 11:17 AM
I picture Stan Van Gundy going home at night and retiring to a den strewn with blueprints & thumb-tacked notes on the wall, the remnants of the hours of work he's put in trying to plan how to best rid of those two (Smith and Jennings). Like, "If T - X = 14 to the 3rd Power, then that means I might be able to feasibly unload Josh Smith on Phoenix for a dozen sausage links by morning" type stuff.

:oldlol:

Spot on

ralph_i_el
11-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Jennings treats pro ball like a pickup game at the rec center.