PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith Suspended 1 Game

Smook A.
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Full Article (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2257447-jr-smith-suspended-1-game-latest-details-comments-and-reaction)

JR Smith has been suspended one game without pay for striking Glen Rice Jr. in the groin, NBA announces.

http://i.imgur.com/FDZlQ35.png

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 06:37 PM
He should stick to untying shoelaces.

tontoz
11-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Rice was called for a foul on that play. :rolleyes:

Fudge
11-05-2014, 06:46 PM
68k :facepalm

This dumbass is gonna badly need that 10 years from now.

MellowYellow
11-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Lamest suspension ever, this one has no merit at all... this is purely a reputation suspension.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2014, 06:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DvAkU2o.gif

Kidbasketball20
11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
JR Smith is everything wrong with basketball.

Smook A.
11-05-2014, 06:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DvAkU2o.gif
Wow. Does the NBA not know what a ****ing flop looks like?

PsychoBe
11-05-2014, 07:19 PM
that was a complete accident :oldlol:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-05-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't see a problem with that (on JR's end).

tontoz
11-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Smith nailed him in the nuts with a closed fist. I hope someone got him back for that.

tontoz
11-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Lamest suspension ever, this one has no merit at all... this is purely a reputation suspension.

Are you an idiot or just a good impressionist?

oarabbus
11-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't see a problem with that (on JR's end).

It was an offensive foul regardless of hitting the nuts. You can't extend your forearm.

MellowYellow
11-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Are you an idiot or just a good impressionist?
It looks like a flop to me, but even if it's not... it is clearly not intentional.

tontoz
11-05-2014, 07:52 PM
It looks like a flop to me, but even if it's not... it is clearly not intentional.

So you really are an idiot.

How would you react if someone punched you in the nuts? Everyone would go down.

Smith was standing still, punched him in the nuts and then started dribbling. There was nothing accidental about it. You don't accidentally clench your fist and punch someone in the nuts.

He was clearly reacting to Rice's physical defense.

MellowYellow
11-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Smith was standing still, punched him in the nuts and then started dribbling. There was nothing accidental about it. You don't accidentally clench your fist and punch someone in the nuts.

He was clearing space, Rice was in his way. If you wanna call it an offensive foul fine, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the nuts... stop being a homer. You are the only one that thinks he did that intentionally.

Blue&Orange
11-05-2014, 08:04 PM

It was an offensive foul regardless of hitting the nuts. You can't extend your forearm.
Poor Lebron even Prigioni would lock him down.

tontoz
11-05-2014, 08:18 PM
He was clearing space, Rice was in his way. If you wanna call it an offensive foul fine, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the nuts... stop being a homer. You are the only one that thinks he did that intentionally.

:roll:

So dumb. I am not the one who suspended him.

You don't clench your fist and punch someone to clear space.

Rake2204
11-05-2014, 08:48 PM
He was clearing space, Rice was in his way. If you wanna call it an offensive foul fine, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the nuts... stop being a homer. You are the only one that thinks he did that intentionally.I must say, people are more clever than we are sometimes led to believe. Some players attempt to be smarter than punching a punching without veiling it first.

I've never intentionally punched another player in the groin, but I have executed many illegal on-court maneuvers while trying to make it look as natural as possible, similar to Smith's attempt. Makes for a perfect alibi, "You think I could have the frame of mind to try to elbow someone while naturally attempting to blow past them? Why would I even?"

rknine15
11-05-2014, 09:10 PM

This and the NBA agrees.