PDA

View Full Version : Replace LeBron with Carmelo During the Heat Run

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 10:22 AM
How many championships? I really think they win more than just 2. Melo gets a lot of stick out there and yet, who are the best players HE has ever played with? He wouldn't backstab Wade in the first run, he wouldn't have choked against Jason Terry + Barea. I say 3 rings with Melo.

Nash
11-03-2014, 10:26 AM
more rings :lol you sir just created the stupidest thread, ever.

wouldn't make the finals, any time. lebron made up for a lot of their deficiencies. they were small, old and had wade with knee issues.

Mr Exlax
11-03-2014, 10:27 AM
How many championships? I really think they win more than just 2. Melo gets a lot of stick out there and yet, who are the best players HE has ever played with? He wouldn't backstab Wade in the first run, he wouldn't have choked against Jason Terry + Barea. I say 3 rings with Melo.

They wouldn't make it to the finals IMO

PJR
11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
wouldn't make the finals, any time.

Fool, you don't even believe that yourself. :oldlol:

Would've definitely made it in 2011. It's not even a question.

fpliii
11-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Damn, Melo is overrated as **** on this board.

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 10:34 AM

It's sad what people think of Melo. Guy could definitely be a first piece to a championship team. Also, do people really think a guy like Barae or Terry could guard Melo at all? He would torch anyone on that Dallas team in the 4th.

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Damn, Melo is overrated as **** on this board.

More like the complete opposite.

Nash
11-03-2014, 10:37 AM

would they? with Illgauskas, Dampier, Magloire and Joel Anthony at center? And Bibby and Arroyo at PG? With Juwan Howard off the bench at PF?

yeah, why not.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-03-2014, 10:39 AM
2011 for sure and maybe 2012 (depending on the reffing in the finals but since Melo doesnt get much love im leaning no)

PJR
would they? with Illgauskas, Dampier, Magloire and Joel Anthony at center? And Bibby and Arroyo at PG? With Juwan Howard off the bench at PF?

yeah, why not.

2011 Wade is taking a team with prime Carmelo and Bosh on it....to the Finals.

Period.

Fck outta here.

fpliii
More like the complete opposite.
The hell? LeBron's defense is overrated but Melo is at best neutral on that end.

People are putting Melo up there with Curry, Griffin, Davis, CP3, Dwight, Westbrook, and even Durant. That's not overrated? :oldlol: C'mon dude.

EDIT: I've been in-market for the Knicks the last few years and have watched probably 70% of his games since the trade, in case someone is gonna try and tell me to watch more of him.

Lebron23
11-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Lebron is a better individual player and team player than Melo. I doubt's he's capable of matching LBJ's productions against the 2011 Bulls, 2012 Celtics, 2012 OKC Thunder, 2013 Pacers, and 2012 Bulls.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-03-2014, 10:41 AM
The hell? LeBron's defense is overrated but Melo is at best neutral on that end.

People are putting Melo up there with Curry, Griffin, Davis, CP3, Dwight, Westbrook, and even Durant. That's not overrated? :oldlol: C'mon dude.
Whats wrong w/ putting Melo with Steph, Blake, Davis, Dwight or Westbrook:biggums: :biggums:

Im Still Ballin
11-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Melo's last 2 seasons are surely worthy of those list of players

T_L_P
11-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Then they don't make the Finals again.

Nash
11-03-2014, 10:44 AM
2011 Wade is taking a team with prime Carmelo and Bosh on it....to the Finals.

Period.

Fck outta here.
maybe, maybe not. they still have to make up for losing their best player who lead them in ppg, apg and rpg and defended their best player.

Clutch
11-03-2014, 10:45 AM
I agree. 3 rings for sure.

Melo humiliated LeBron and his team full of stars just a few days ago.
What help did he have ? His team's second best player was Quincy Acy :oldlol:

Melo is clearly a superior player. Head to head matchups show that. Unfortunately he doesn't have all the superstar help like Bran has.
Also Bran gets much more help from the refs.

fpliii
11-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Whats wrong w/ putting Melo with Steph, Blake, Davis, Dwight or Westbrook:biggums: :biggums:

Curry - Warps defenses with his shooting, great handles and passing.

Griffin - Has improved in every regard, including mid-range jumpers, FT shooting, defense since his rookie year. The only things down are his box score statas, and that's based on the talent on the roster/opporunities.

Davis - Talking about him based on this season so far in addition to how he closed out last year, and how he looked in the World Championships (in case he stands out).

Dwight - Unquestionably better pre-injury, and looked 100% in the playoffs last year. Looks healthy this year, expecting him to look like a top 5 player.

Westbrook - Can defend 1-3 at a high level, not an elite passer but very, very good. Not far removed from Melo as a shooter/scorer.

Dude I won't even go there. Melo isn't a gamechanger. Great shooter and terrific scoring skillset overall, but those are all legitimate superstars. It's always pissed the hell out of me when people have put Melo among the super elite players in the league, NY deserves a legit top 5 player.

fpliii
11-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Melo's last 2 seasons are surely worthy of those list of players
Cousins too based on this year BTW.

Have to disagree though. I don't get that impression from watching him.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Curry - Warps defenses with his shooting, great handles and passing.

Griffin - Has improved in every regard, including mid-range jumpers, FT shooting, defense since his rookie year. The only things down are his box score statas, and that's based on the talent on the roster/opporunities.

Davis - Talking about him based on this season so far in addition to how he closed out last year, and how he looked in the World Championships (in case he stands out).

Dwight - Unquestionably better pre-injury, and looked 100% in the playoffs last year. Looks healthy this year, expecting him to look like a top 5 player.

Westbrook - Can defend 1-3 at a high level, not an elite passer but very, very good. Not far removed from Melo as a shooter/scorer.

Dude I won't even go there. Melo isn't a gamechanger. Great shooter and terrific scoring skillset overall, but those are all legitimate superstars. It's always pissed the hell out of me when people have put Melo among the super elite players in the league, NY deserves a legit top 5 player.

Melo @ PF has arguably as much offensive impact and he can still grab boards

He has improved but his defense outside of pickandroll situations is still mediocre. Theres not much of a difference and even tho hes a better passer Melos a much better shooter and scorer overall.

i guess well see...still not sold on him defensively

he went up against a soft frontcourt and when u factor in the amount of turnovers and missed opportunities he has in the post his post game still isnt got. he benefits purely of being positioned the right time for lobs and easy finishes hes an avg offensive player at best and he has slipped defensively

Westbrook cannot defend at a high level consistently. He gambles too much and OKC even had to make him strictly a roamer in their system b/c of the defensive mistakes he made that puts everyone out of position. Hes no better a defender than Curry overall. When Westbrook is locked in hes a much better individual defender but hes way more inconsistent and dumb

i dont consider any of these players super elite

KD, CP, Lebron and Love are the only ones arguably LMA or Dirk

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
2011: Lose to Celtics
2012: Lose to Pacers
2013: Lose to Pacers
2014: Not sure... he sure as hell ain't dropping that 49 pointer in game 4 that LeBron did to stop that 2nd round from going 2-2.

PJR
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
maybe, maybe not. they still have to make up for losing their best player who lead them in ppg, apg and rpg and defended their best player.

He'd be replace by one of the most potent scorers and stars in the league. You're acting as if it's Trevor Ariza in this hypothetical scenario.

This is a talent league, and Wade-Anthony-Bosh would've still be the most talented trio in the East by far in 2011. Don't be stupid.

Clutch
11-03-2014, 10:56 AM
2014: Not sure... he sure as hell ain't dropping that 49 pointer in game 4 that LeBron did to stop that 2nd round from going 2-2.
He's surely not averaging 1.7 points in the 4th quarters of 2011 NBA Finals either.

PJR
11-03-2014, 10:56 AM

Wade was absolutely raping the Celtics in 2011. With Carmelo as his second option, the results would not be any diffrent. Get outta here.

You would've had a better agrugment should you had mentioned Chicago.

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 11:00 AM
He's surely not averaging 1.7 points in the 4th quarters of 2011 NBA Finals either.

He's not getting there in the first place.

Wade was absolutely raping the Celtics in 2011. With Carmelo as his second option, the results would not be any diffrent. Get outta here.

You would've had a better agrugment should you had mentioned Chicago.

True. Chicago it is.

Prometheus
11-03-2014, 11:01 AM
They would lose to Dallas in 2011 and they wouldn't make the Finals again.

fpliii
11-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Melo @ PF has arguably as much offensive impact and he can still grab boards
Strongly, strongly disagree about offensive impact. The only reason defenses help on Melo is because the roster is abysmal (bottom 10 supporting cast in the league). Defenses panic and double Curry off the ball 30 feet from the rim. The rebounding also isn't super impressive since Melo has played the 4 a lot. Bigs are expected to crash the boards so it's not a huge plus, relatively speaking.

He has improved but his defense outside of pickandroll situations is still mediocre. Theres not much of a difference and even tho hes a better passer Melos a much better shooter and scorer overall.
Melo is the better shooter, but Griffin is a superior finisher. Don't get me wrong, CP3 is the best player on that team by far but Griffin is not multiple levels worse than Melo as a scorer (as a shooter yes). On his own team, he'd give you something similar.

i guess well see...still not sold on him defensively
Yeah, too early to judge definitively. High level D is all about consistency. Need to see it bare out over a full season.

he went up against a soft frontcourt and when u factor in the amount of turnovers and missed opportunities he has in the post his post game still isnt got. he benefits purely of being positioned the right time for lobs and easy finishes hes an avg offensive player at best and he has slipped defensively
He looked great defensively towards the end of last year. His post game is better now, his footwork has improved. I still think he's better as a garbage man picking up offensive board or running to the rim on PnRs. Definitely disagree about the Blazers FC being soft. Lopez was at or near the top in terms of man defense at the rim last year, and LMA played terrific D in their system last year.

But his offense alone isn't enough to make him a top 10 player. His D needs to get back to its pre-injury level. If it isn't, maybe I can entertain slotting Melo ahead.

Westbrook cannot defend at a high level consistently. He gambles too much and OKC even had to make him strictly a roamer in their system b/c of the defensive mistakes he made that puts everyone out of position. Hes no better a defender than Curry overall. When Westbrook is locked in hes a much better individual defender but hes way more inconsistent and dumb
On-ball he's a high level defender and doesn't reach, but he does roam a bit much. Still, he has been more disciplined the past couple of years. Couldn't disagree more about Curry, he's a sieve defensively. It doesn't matter as much from the PG position but WB when locked in, as you said, is levels better. And again, has improved substantially the last couple seasons. More consistent, fewer risks (though still more than I'd like).[/quote]

i dont consider any of these players super elite

KD, CP, Lebron and Love are the only ones arguably LMA or Dirk
Forgot Love too, apologies. He's definitely top 5 IMO.

Dirk is clearly better than Melo too if he plays at his level last year.

(BTW again, not hating on the Knicks...live in-market and other than the Lakers I root for them the most, probably. I think they deserve a better superstar than Melo though, and don't think they'll contend with him as their best player.)

Clutch
11-03-2014, 11:09 AM
He's not getting there in the first place.

Miami's road to the 2011 Finals:

4-1
4-1
4-1

Yeah,they are getting there with Melo and winning it all.

Melo is clearly a better player. LeBron is a fraud who needs great teammates to carry him and make him look good.

navy
11-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I think you are underrating Melo just a tad fplii, but you're right. He isnt the type to lead a team to a championship. For all his skillset teams will isolate a single defender on him and force him to hit long twos repeatedly.

Not a good enough driver to consistently require the entire defense to adjust to him and not a good enough passer. This is why he is not a "game changer".

Melo is like Kevin Love in that regard. Great player. But not ever going to lead a team to a win being the first option.

oti
11-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Not trying to bash LeBron but i think a team with Wade Bosh and Melo is a better fit and i think they could at least match what was achived with bron. Definately win in 2011 and 2012 , hard to say in 2013 and 2014 , Spurs were very good.

:roll: :roll: :roll: at those saying they dont make it out of the east every year.

fpliii
11-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I think you are underrating Melo just a tad fplii, but you're right. He isnt the type to lead a team to a championship. For all his skillset teams will isolate a single defender on him and force him to hit long twos repeatedly.

Not a good enough driver to consistently require the entire defense to adjust to him and not a good enough passer.

Melo is like Kevin Love in that regard. Great player. But not ever going to lead a team to a win being the first option.
I think the Love we saw last season is better than any version of Melo we've seen, and in the right situation could be the best player on a championship team.

A big part of this though is that we've seen enough of Melo to write the book on him, but Love showed us some things last season that IMO prevent us from knowing what his ceiling is.

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Miami's road to the 2011 Finals:

4-1
4-1
4-1

Yeah,they are getting there with Melo and winning it all.

Melo is clearly a better player. LeBron is a fraud who needs great teammates to carry him and make him look good.

What is this? Are you serious right now?

navy
11-03-2014, 11:24 AM
I think the Love we saw last season is better than any version of Melo we've seen, and in the right situation could be the best player on a championship team.

A big part of this though is that we've seen enough of Melo to write the book on him, but Love showed us some things last season that IMO prevent us from knowing what his ceiling is.

Na, I dont think Love proved anything last season besides the fact that he can hit the three ball at a crazy rate and rebound. Not really first option material. How is he gonna get you late buckets or create for himself or his teammates?

Love is good but offensively limited. Great shooter, average skill set. He is even more limited than Melo. Which is why the Wolves were so terrible in clutch situations. The Knicks were just as bad and it was Melo's fault. Isolated long twos. His MO. Side note, if you look at the Knicks and Wolves you can see if they won a respectable number of close games they both would have made the playoffs and Melo and Love were atrocious in said games. Which is why they share some of the blame, granted they had bad teams.

Clutch
11-03-2014, 11:26 AM
What is this? Are you serious right now?
Wade and Bosh had their worse seasons with LeBron there.

People were saying they were done. Look at them now when LeBron left,they're playing like youngsters.

Just waiting until the Cavs lose in the 2nd round this year. Then people will start to call Irving and Love "done" or say that they "declined" and LeBron doesn't have enough help.

navy
11-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Carmelo needs to match Lebron's Cleveland accolades before talking about what Lebron did in Miami.
Lebron in Cleveland:

2 MVPS
1 Finals Appearance
NBA first teams

Carmelo Anthony has done what exactly? Entire career:
1 WCF appearance?
1 Robbed ROY

The only time Carmelo has been comparable to Lebron James was their rookie season. Hell, let me add it to Carmelo's accolades and see if they stack up. :roll:

Demitri98
11-03-2014, 11:31 AM
They don't make the Finals. If they do they get swept in 4 by any West team.

2011: Bulls take them to 7 rather than 5, Mavs push them to 7 but they win the chip
2012: Lose to Boston in the ECF in 6: Boston goes on to lose to OKC in 6, Durant FMVP
2013: Lose to Indiana in the ECF in 6: SA dismantles an Indiana team treading unknown territory, wins in 5, Tony Parker FMVP
2014: They squeak past Indy in 7 and get totally dismantled by San Antonio in 4.

FireDavidKahn
11-03-2014, 11:40 AM
They wouldn't win a title.LeBron did so much more than melo is capable of.

Budadiiii
11-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Carmelo needs to match Lebron's Cleveland accolades before talking about what Lebron did in Miami.
Lebron in Cleveland:

2 MVPS
1 Finals Appearance
NBA first teams

Carmelo Anthony has done what exactly? Entire career:
1 WCF appearance?
1 Robbed ROY

The only time Carmelo has been comparable to Lebron James was their rookie season. Hell, let me add it to Carmelo's accolades and see if they stack up. :roll:
Here's your accolades:

-Online all day
-Doesn't leave the house
-Talks about basketball players for hours daily
-3-weeks straight of not showering
-Lives in parents basement

Prometheus
11-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Come to think of it, they would probably lose in the ECF to LeBron's Knicks.

Dresta
11-03-2014, 12:08 PM
At least 2 titles, possibly more depending on how well Melo could adapt to playing with Wade and Bosh. He is just a better fit for the team than Bron. In the 2013 finals it wasn't just Wade that the Spurs were helping off of and leaving open, it was Bron as well. Hence why they played so badly together that series.

SwishSquared
11-03-2014, 12:20 PM
2011: I think they'd win the title
2012: Lose before Finals
2013: I think they could lose game 7 vs. Indiana. Still think they'd struggle against Spurs. I mean they at one point stuck LBJ on Parker. Melo can't do that. Granted, Melo likely wouldn't have struggled as much to score on jumpers, but I think I think Spurs win. Melo makes the team defense worse imo.
2014: Definitely lose in Finals. Should win the East though.

With Melo, I have them winning 1 ring for sure (2011) and maybe winning in 2013 (like 40% chance they win vs. SAS), although it wouldn't have shocked me if they lost in ECF to Indiana.

I think the team defense overall would be worse, although I wonder if Miami would have played with a C full-time since Melo is a more natural jump shooter than LBJ and relies less on driving. Prime Wade + LBJ rotating on the perimeter caused so many issues for other teams.

LBJ 23
11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I agree. 3 rings for sure.

Melo humiliated LeBron and his team full of stars just a few days ago.
What help did he have ? His team's second best player was Quincy Acy :oldlol:

Melo is clearly a superior player. Head to head matchups show that. Unfortunately he doesn't have all the superstar help like Bran has.
Also Bran gets much more help from the refs.

Oh God what am I reading here. Yep, Melo is clearly a superior player.

plowking
11-03-2014, 12:33 PM
They don't make the finals at all after 2011. In 2011, if they do get past the Bulls, they more than likely win the title.

This forum is full of overreactions. I don't think people understand how hard it is to win a title. Look at all the great players throughout history that never won despite having great teams. Then look at the ones with great teams over the course of one or two seasons that don't win.

Lebron doesn't get enough credit for his finals wins as crazy as it sounds. Maybe it is just because my view of basketball is that of the opinions of people on here, who are outright crazy, or just trolling 95% of the time.
People don't get how small that team was, and how difficult it is playing basketball constantly being the smaller team and constantly getting bullied and outrebounded. Lebron covered a lot of our problem areas and worked like crazy while Wade was really lazy at times.

Melo has a really low chance of getting to the finals after 2011, and an even lower one of winning after that. His best shot is 2011, and he would be a complimentary piece on the Heat team to Dwyane Wade, not the star like Lebron was.

pauk
11-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Considering...

1. Those game & series winning defensive stops (at clutch moments) wouldnt happen
2. The offensive orchestrating for the rest of the teammates wouldnt happen
3. The efficient scoring wouldnt happen

None....

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 12:38 PM
plowking back :bowdown:

tpols
11-03-2014, 12:46 PM
We have already seen this past week how good a chalmers/wade/x/bosh/birdman team can play.. most likely a 50ish win pace.

Now you add prime melo to basically this heat team with wade and bosh a little younger even? And the best competition is young Indiana and old boston?

At least 2 titles. 2011 is a lock. 2013 and 2014 theyd make the Finals.. and split it.

People forget.. the spurs were barely winning in 2013 with lebron shitting the bed going from a 55% RS scorer to a 40% Finals scorer scared to shoot for over half the series. They wouldnt be able to do that to melo and wade played very well that series.

lilteapot
11-03-2014, 12:50 PM
They might win the 2011 finals but they wouldn't dominate the playoffs as much as they did

f0und
11-03-2014, 12:51 PM
when wade had to step back so he wouldnt get in lebron's way, it seemed like he lost a bit of himself in the process. even after wade took a back seat, the on court chemistry never completely meshed.

if paired with melo, wade wouldnt have had to change his game much and wouldnt have mentally lost himself. his game naturally meshes with melo's. it was evidenced when they played in the olympics together. i remember the announcers talking about how their games complimented each others.

now im not saying that with melo, the heat win more titles. just that offensively, they would have better chemistry. whether that aspect alone translates to more titles, i couldnt tell ya.

HurricaneKid
11-03-2014, 12:52 PM
People were saying they were done. Look at them now when LeBron left,they're playing like youngsters.

Wade avg 25.5, 22.1, 21.2, and 19.0 ppg on .581, .559, .571, .588 TS%.

This year he is avg 15.0 on .487. He is avg a career high in TOs. He is shooting 40.0% on 2 PTers. His lowest % in the last 4 years was .513.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Wade is better without LeBron now?

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 12:55 PM
2011 is nowhere near a lock....

Melo wouldn't bring half the defense LeBron did.

This is what LeBron did on Parker in 2013:

Game 6: 6-26 =23%
Game 7: 3-12 =25%

Melo is a career 41% playoff scorer and he's supposed to lead the 2012-2014 Heat to 3 straight finals and a title?

Obviously he would be the clear sidekick in 2011...

What about the playmaking? rebounding? The reason the ENTIRE Heat's swarming defense was even possible was due to LeBron's defensive versatility......

How is Melo replacing LeBron's production??? How is Melo closing out Boston Game 4, Boston Game 5, Chicago Game 2, Chicago Game 5??

Wade was doing 19 ppg on 41% in the 2011 ECF, that looks VERY Melo like...

Melo shot 38% in 2011.... 42% the next year... 41% the year after that.... Sure, he is matching peak LeBron's production over teams they barely went by....

2012 Pacers in 6, 2012 Celtics in 7, 2013 Pacers in 7, 2013 Spurs in 7... They're not beating any of those teams. Not one.

WindmiLL
11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
They don't make the finals at all after 2011. In 2011, if they do get past the Bulls, they more than likely win the title.

This forum is full of overreactions. I don't think people understand how hard it is to win a title. Look at all the great players throughout history that never won despite having great teams. Then look at the ones with great teams over the course of one or two seasons that don't win.

Lebron doesn't get enough credit for his finals wins as crazy as it sounds. Maybe it is just because my view of basketball is that of the opinions of people on here, who are outright crazy, or just trolling 95% of the time.
People don't get how small that team was, and how difficult it is playing basketball constantly being the smaller team and constantly getting bullied and outrebounded. Lebron covered a lot of our problem areas and worked like crazy while Wade was really lazy at times.

Melo has a really low chance of getting to the finals after 2011, and an even lower one of winning after that. His best shot is 2011, and he would be a complimentary piece on the Heat team to Dwyane Wade, not the star like Lebron was.

After Lebron left looks like you are the ONLY sane true Heat fan left on here. And somehow appreciate what Lebron did for Miami while he was playing there even though he shit the bed in 11''.

Other fans like PJR and DaSeba will probably argue that, forget Melo, Heat would achieve more with Rudy Gay there instead of Lebron. They quickly forget how many games Wade could sat out for various reasons, because Lebron was capable of literally carrying that team on his own at times. When Bosh was out with injury in the playoffs and Wade struggling, good luck with Melo carrying the Heat.

Also you are all so sure that in 11'' they surely win a chip with Melo. You remember that in Chicago series Wade was struggling a lot? And Lebron played great in that series both on offense and defense. Good luck with Melo trying to fill the holes on defense which Lebron could so efficiently because of his versatility.

f0und
11-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Wade avg 25.5, 22.1, 21.2, and 19.0 ppg on .581, .559, .571, .588 TS%.

This year he is avg 15.0 on .487. He is avg a career high in TOs. He is shooting 40.0% on 2 PTers. His lowest % in the last 4 years was .513.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Wade is better without LeBron now?

looking at just the avg after these 3 games is a bit silly.

first game he scored 21 on 50%.
second game he scored 9 on 22%.
third game he scored 19 on 63%.

if you look at this way, you can tell he's off to a pretty good start. he just had one bad game. it happens to everyone. but if you look at just the average, youd think he's playing pretty mediocre.

tpols
11-03-2014, 01:06 PM

Melo is a career 41% playoff scorer and he's supposed to lead the 2012-2014 Heat to 3 straight finals and a title?

What about the playmaking? rebounding? The reason the ENTIRE Heat's swarming defense was even possible was due to LeBron's defensive versatility......

How is Melo replacing LeBron's production??? How is Melo closing out Boston Game 4, Boston Game 5, Chicago Game 2, Chicago Game 5??

Melo shot 38% in 2011.... 42% the next year... 41% the year after that.... Sure, he is matching peak LeBron's production over teams they barely went by....

2012 Pacers in 6, 2012 Celtics in 7, 2013 Pacers in 7, 2013 Spurs in 7... They're not beating any of those teams. Not one.
tony opened up the 2013 series great.. had a calf/hamstring injury halfway through the series.. and still scored all the comeback and go ahead buckets directly on Lebron to put the spurs up 5 with 30 seconds left to a title. And he was exhausted after doing that. When Ray Allen hit that miracle three the momentum and energy of the spurs was killed. Looks like youre just reading box scores.

The Heats swarming defense is also not due to just Lebron. Erik spo is a defensive coach first and foremost. When Lebron came to Miami, the heat were already a top 5 defensive team.

Bosh is arguably the best PnR defender in the league.. long, extremely mobile, and gives a ton of effort trapping and hedging. He was actually the reason the heats perimeter defense was so good.. they already had a great defensive backcourt in chalmers wade to begin with.

Melo shooting low 40s on dysfuntional knick teams doesnt speak much to me.. for all the excuses lebron got for flaming out of the playoffs with mo williams as his next best scorer, I dont seem to be hearing anything about how JR smith has completely shat the bed, even worse than mo, in the playoffs.

Taller than CP3
11-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Prime Melo on the Heat instead of Lebron would have quadruple peated.

STATUTORY
11-03-2014, 01:07 PM
people are not taking into consideration how much better wade and bosh would have been in Bron's absence

2011 is a lock

rlsmooth775
11-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Why does Lebron have a higher career average more 30 point 40 point 50 point games and have better field goal percentage

STATUTORY
11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
cause you are conflating statistical output with ability

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Thats because Melo shat the bed aswell :facepalm

Bosh gets absolutely abused in the post... Horrible against the Pacers and Spurs all years.

Made Hibbert and old Duncan look like prime Wilt.

What does Allen hitting a game tying 3 even have to do with this?

Melo shot 42% on the Nuggets in the playoffs... Good luck winning with that.

hiphopfan777
11-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Melo had iverson a first ballot hall of famer and still choked in the first round. Stacked

HurricaneKid
11-03-2014, 01:16 PM
No chance Miami beats Chi in 2011.
Chicago was not only the #1 seed in the East but had Asik, Korver, Taj coming off the bench. Mia had three players that weren't making min as UD and MM were injured and essentially non-contributors in the playoffs. LeBron led the team in Min, PPG, Reb, Asst, Stl, and Bl. And did an insanely good job on DRose in the 4th quarters. Sorry but NO.

Small chance they beat Indy in 2012, CERTAINLY don't get past Bos.
Remember, Bosh was out. Down 2-1 on the road LeBron goes for 40/18/9/2/2 on 52%. Wade and LeBron were incredibly good in the Indy series and LeBron singlehandedly won G6 @Boston, which is about as dominating a performance as you will ever see.

Lose to Indy in 13
7 game series. LeBron completely crushed Indy. Again led the team in Pts, Rebs, Asst, Stl, Bl. Wade avg 15pts on 43%. Bosh 11 on .377 and got devoured by Hibbert.

Lost to SAS in 14.
God the East was bad last year. But no chance Mia wins a game against SAS last year.

0 Champs
1 Finals
0 Finals games won

HurricaneKid
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
people are not taking into consideration how much better wade and bosh would have been in Bron's absence

2011 is a lock

2011 when they were the 2 seed and most people thought they were going to lose to the Bulls? And you want to take away the leading scorer, the leading rebounder, the assist leader, the stl leader, the Bl leader and the guy that took the challenge of defending the league's MVP in ALL the big moments and trade him for Melo? And you think that team is even making the Finals??

tpols
11-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Stats wont tell the story.. Wade has gotten complacent when Lebron has had good/great series. I guess if he sees him doing great leading the team to wins he feels he doesnt need to step up, but I certainly dont think Dwayne Wade would average 18ppg on 50TS if Lebron wasnt there and a sense of urgency kicked in.

I mean.. Wade has never flamed out of a playoff series or played that bad until he was alongside lebron. He tended to step up in times of dire need.. like the 2011 Finals, the 2012 semis when bosh went down, the 2013 Finals when Lebron started choking again.

Wade isnt going to play that bad if his back is put against the wall and all of a sudden hes being relied on. Cant see it.

And of course Bosh would be 10x more comfortable offensively.

The bulls were being given trouble by the hawks.. rose was inefficient all 2011 playoffs long. Lebron stans want to convince you otherwise, but that bulls team had no offensive second option to relieve pressure.

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 01:26 PM
So this hypothetical also involves teammates like Wade now suddenly dropping 25 instead 19 on 41% ? Nice....

Bosh more comfortable alongside Melo than LeBron :roll: :roll:

This is comedy.

tpols
11-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Melo is a shooter.. not a slasher(sucks at it really). The heat with lebron made bosh camp the line to bring guys like hibbert out of the paint and clear driving lanes. Its a fact this happened, and it wouldnt happen with melo since he prefers to score on the outside.

The spacing would undeniably be better and there would be no confliction over whose primary ballhandler since melo doesnt dribble a ton, and wade could run PnRs much better.

ImKobe
11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
They win in 2011...

Fudge
11-03-2014, 01:32 PM
They win in 2011. Nobody would get in their way in the East. I also don't see Melo having a mental collapse the way Bron did in the Finals.

2012, yes, I'd say so. Keep in mind, Miami also had Chalmers, Miller, and Battier going off in SEPERATE games for them against OKC. The support Melo would have had is insane.

2013, I think they win again, probably in 6. I think it would've been over way before the Ray shot even happened.

The only year they don't win, IMO, is last season. San Antonio was just on another level in comparison to the rest of the league.

IncarceratedBob
11-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Spo is an elite coach, given Melo and not LBJ. He'd build the teams identity differently. With bosh and Wade they still make 4 straight finals. Easily beat the Mavs, beat the Thunder seeing as Melo owns KDs soul, then lose to the Spurs both times seeing as the only reason LeBron beat them the first time was thanks to Ray Allen. Same result 2/4.

I really never knew we has Melo haters here lol what a bunch of clowns

HurricaneKid
11-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Stats wont tell the story.. Wade has gotten complacent when Lebron has had good/great series. I guess if he sees him doing great leading the team to wins he feels he doesnt need to step up, but I certainly dont think Dwayne Wade would average 18ppg on 50TS if Lebron wasnt there and a sense of urgency kicked in.

I mean.. Wade has never flamed out of a playoff series or played that bad until he was alongside lebron. He tended to step up in times of dire need.. like the 2011 Finals, the 2012 semis when bosh went down, the 2013 Finals when Lebron started choking again.

Wade isnt going to play that bad if his back is put against the wall and all of a sudden hes being relied on. Cant see it.

The bulls were being given trouble by the hawks.. rose was inefficient all 2011 playoffs long. Lebron stans want to convince you otherwise, but that bulls team had no offensive second option to relieve pressure.

C'mon man. TPols you are better than that. You are rewriting how effective everyone would be? Because one of the worst assist men in the league replaced LeBron? This is insanity.

HurricaneKid
11-03-2014, 01:56 PM
They win in 2011. Nobody would get in their way in the East.

2012, yes, I'd say so. Keep in mind, Miami also had Chalmers, Miller, and Battier going off in SEPERATE games for them against OKC. The support Melo would have had is insane.

2013, I think they win again, probably in 6. I think it would've been over way before the Ray shot even happened.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Don't like to waste my day with willful ignorance. And when you stick out around here its time to say farewell.

PJR
11-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Best post you ever made. :applause:

I can't believe they are retards on here making the assertion that 2011 Wade along with prime Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Bosh....Couldn't get to the Finals and win. Just absurd.

Listening to some of the LeBron stans, you would think that Dwyane Wade hasn't shown the capability of leading a team as the primary playmaker/scorer to a title without LeBron James present.

You'd have Wade as the clear cut primary pick and roll ball handler, no needing to subjugate his game whatsoever. You'd have Carmelo filling the niche as the off ball scoring wing. It would be similar to Westbrook and Durant, but a much more steadier combination as Wade is a much better decision maker.. And Bosh would still be eating plenty inside with Wade as the primary facilitator, as Wade is proven to be one of best playmakers in the game from the off guard spot. And when it comes to entry post passing, and hitting bigs on rolls...Wade is better than LeBron at that aspect of passing. Undeniable fact.

Even in the games Wade sat out last year, Bosh NEVER played as well or as comfortably with LeBron as the primary ball handler then he does in comparison with Wade.

The beastly 37/12 game that Bosh had against Portland last year? It was with Dwyane handling the rock, and LeBron in a suit.

If you're a big man, you want to play with Wade. If you're a shooter, you want to play with LeBron.

The proof is in the pudding...Bosh is absolutely wrecking shit right now with Wade creating.

And miss me with the talk of dropping off in defense. Carmelo would become a plus defender under the Rile/Spo & the Miami Heat culture. Just like Bosh became one.

Miami is going to be a top 10 team in defensive efficiency this year. It's the coach, and it's the system.

Before LeBron even showed up to Miami, the Heat were a top 10 defense with Carlos Arroyo and Michael Beasley in the starting lineup.

LBJ is a fantastic player, and one of the all time greats, but let's stop acting like Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh weren't great core pieces, capable of grand success when put in position to do so.

Stop it.

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/45487-Jack-nicholson-shaking-head-gi-h6Lj.gif

Clutch
11-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Melo dropped 42/17/6 on Celtics with Jared Jeffries as his biggest help.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX92j8wp7f8

Melo vs 2011 Celtics: 26 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists
LeBron vs 2011 Celtics: 28 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists

And Bran had much better teammates which means Celtics defense couldn't have been focused just on him.

Melo >>> Bran

DEAL WITH IT

Mr. Jabbar
11-03-2014, 03:23 PM
3 at worst

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 03:24 PM

And Bran had much better teammates which means Celtics defense couldn't have been focused just on him.

Melo >>> Bran

DEAL WITH IT

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lova5nkIn71qm6kk3o1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b85247ed032395718f6f057435620bc4/tumblr_mlmdy33ova1r291ypo1_500.gif

dubeta
11-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Would they even make the playoffs? srs question

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 03:31 PM

Melo >>> Bran

DEAL WITH IT

Starting lineup for Knicks in that series.
pg toney douglas
sg landry fields
sf Melo
pf Amare (injured)
c Ronny Turiaf

ew:banghead:

Nash
11-03-2014, 03:38 PM
well its settled. Melo is better than Lebron and Miami win more.

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM

That's a good boy.

Clutch
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Finally a voice of reason :applause:

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Melo vs 2011 Celtics: 26 points, 10.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 37% shooting (33 of 88! Missing 22 more shots than he made in just FOUR games)
LeBron vs 2011 Celtics: 28 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 48% shooting (51 of 108)

And LeBron played with Wade while Melo had all the time in the world to go off and carry a poor team and reach high totals. Defensive difference isnt even close.

Bron >>> Melo

DEAL WITH IT

fixed

Nash
11-03-2014, 03:54 PM
That's a good boy.
how many rings if they had Gordon Haywood instead of Bron?

2011 - they win, obviously they win. prime wade doe

2012 - Gordon Haywood goes on a mad tear. wins mvp, fmvp as well. when bosh is out, he defends david west with turiaf, haslem, joel anthony and juwan howard at front court.. and they had shooters like miller and battier going off. how can't they?

2013 - obviously they win. superstar bosh goes off and becomes the new Duncan goat PF since no lebron on team. also ray allen is there since he took his talents to join Gordon Haywood in South Beach.

2014- win, new medical procedure that rejuvanates wade's knees and he goes back to having 19 year old knees.

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 03:56 PM

2012 - Gordon Haywood goes on a mad tear. wins mvp, fmvp as well. when bosh is out, he defends david west with turiaf, haslem, joel anthony and juwan howard at front court.. and they had shooters like miller and battier going off. how can't they?

2013 - obviously they win. superstar bosh goes off and becomes the new Duncan goat PF since no lebron on team. also ray allen is there since he took his talents to join Gordon Haywood in South Beach.

2014- win, new medical procedure that rejuvanates wade's knees and he goes back to having 19 year old knees.

Don't forget Gordon Hayward is the best NBA player ever....

at League

BTW it's Hayward, not Haywood.

Clutch
11-03-2014, 04:04 PM

Why are you trolling ?

Fudge
11-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Melt...down.

Dresta
11-03-2014, 04:32 PM

2012 Pacers in 6, 2012 Celtics in 7, 2013 Pacers in 7, 2013 Spurs in 7... They're not beating any of those teams. Not one.:facepalm

****ing idiot. Heat played the same swarming defense prior to Bron, using it in the same way in the 08-09 season with Chalmers/Wade/Marion on the perimeter. Chalmers even got 9 steals in i think his second NBA game due to Spoelstra's emphasis on perimeter disruption (and particularly, attacking the ball handler).

I know you think everything can just be magically credited to Lebron as if no one else existed or mattered, but that's only because you're an annoying stan with no life.

SugarHill
11-03-2014, 06:21 PM
LeBron hate on this board has reached critical levels lmao

aboss4real24
11-03-2014, 06:25 PM
MELO A Better scorer

so yes

and i dont C Melo choking vs the mavs

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 06:28 PM
LeBron hate on this board has reached critical levels lmao

:roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-03-2014, 06:32 PM
0 rings 0 accomplishments

DFish24
11-03-2014, 06:33 PM
3-Peat most likely.

dubeta
11-03-2014, 06:35 PM
People are forgetting something

THIS is playoff wade and bosh

Wade 15, 4, 4 on 44% shooting

Bosh 12, 6 on 45% shooting

At the end of the day, Wade is JR Smith and Bosh is past prime Amare

Melo couldnt even make the playoffs with those guys last year, I see no reason why that would change if he was on the Heat

ArbitraryWater
11-03-2014, 06:53 PM
So you're talking about PLAYOFF Wade and Bosh and then saying that he wouldn't make it through the REGULAR SEASON with those guys? :lol

Keep a cool head, bro... This board is reaching insanely high levels of anti lebron trolling, lets not drop to their level. Thats what LeBron Family is REALLY all about :cheers:

SamuraiSWISH
11-03-2014, 07:09 PM
IMO

2011 - Championship
2012 - Finals
2013 - Finals
2014 - 2nd Round

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 09:45 PM
IMO

2011 - Championship
2012 - Championship
2013 - Championship
2014 - 3rd Round

:cheers:

SouBeachTalents
11-03-2014, 10:03 PM
2011: Championship
2012: Lose to Celtics
2013: Lose to Indy
2014: Lose to Spurs

dubeta
11-03-2014, 10:09 PM

If LeBron couldnt stop Wade's sabotage then what chance does Melo have? :rolleyes:

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 10:11 PM

Wade 15, 4, 4 on 44% shooting solid d

Bosh 12, 6 on 45% shooting great d

Melo couldnt even make the playoffs with those guys last year, I see no reason why that would change if he was on the Heat

That's cool, but those even those numbers are better than JR and Amare in the regular season

JR- 14 4 3 on 41% shooting terrible defense/terrible decision making
Amare- 12 5 on 55% shooting WOAT level defense especially in the first half of the season.

blood yes
11-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I know most people here are just trolling and stuff, but it seriously annoys me when people seem to actually BELIEVE what they say.

You can google my previous ISH posts, I am an unbiased poster who takes really everything into account...

And Melo is nowhere NEAR LeBron. The only finals they would make with melo would be 2011, and they would get swept by the mavericks. They would lose in the ECF the next 3 years.

Melo is a more CONSISTENT scorer than LeBron, that I will give you. But when the pressure is at its highest, can Melo perform like LeBron did and will continue to do?

Does Melo have even ONE game in the playoffs that matches...

LeBron's 40/18/9 against Indiana 2012
LeBron's 45 against Boston 2012
LeBron's closing Trip-Doub OKC 2012
LeBron's 49 against Nets 2014

Oh, and let's not forget what arguably is the greatest NBA performance of the 21st century (The only other performance in the same TIER would have to be Kobe's 81 against the Raptors)...

LeBron's 48 point game, NBA RECORD 25 points IN A ROW (wilt never did it) against the Pistons in 2007

There is no comparison, now prime kobe vs. prime LeBron? Prime Duncan vs. Prime LeBron? Prime Shaq vs. Prime LeBron?

Those are legitimate arguements, but Melo can not even be compared, honestly.

JT123
11-03-2014, 10:19 PM
So you think Melo is gonna carry the scoring load while Wade struggles against the Bulls, AND shut down Rose? :roll:

JT123
11-03-2014, 10:20 PM

Wade 15, 4, 4 on 44% shooting

Bosh 12, 6 on 45% shooting

Couldn't have said it better myself. :cheers:

tpols
11-03-2014, 10:22 PM
C'mon man. TPols you are better than that. You are rewriting how effective everyone would be? Because one of the worst assist men in the league replaced LeBron? This is insanity.

What do you mean rewriting how effective everyone would be? You think everyone would perform exactly the same under completely different circumstances?

Worst assist man? Wade isn't the type to have his game set up for him. It's the opposite actually.. He sets others up. And Bron took that role from him.

Now we're pairing Wade with a guy who loves getting set up and isn't great at setting others up. Seems like a perfect situation for Dwayne Wade.

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 10:28 PM
I know most people here are just trolling and stuff, but it seriously annoys me when people seem to actually BELIEVE what they say.

You can google my previous ISH posts, I am an unbiased poster who takes really everything into account...

And Melo is nowhere NEAR LeBron. The only finals they would make with melo would be 2011, and they would get swept by the mavericks. They would lose in the ECF the next 3 years.

Melo is a more CONSISTENT scorer than LeBron, that I will give you. But when the pressure is at its highest, can Melo perform like LeBron did and will continue to do?

Does Melo have even ONE game in the playoffs that matches...

LeBron's 40/18/9 against Indiana 2012
LeBron's 45 against Boston 2012
LeBron's closing Trip-Doub OKC 2012
LeBron's 49 against Nets 2014

Oh, and let's not forget what arguably is the greatest NBA performance of the 21st century (The only other performance in the same TIER would have to be Kobe's 81 against the Raptors)...

LeBron's 48 point game, NBA RECORD 25 points IN A ROW (wilt never did it) against the Pistons in 2007

There is no comparison, now prime kobe vs. prime LeBron? Prime Duncan vs. Prime LeBron? Prime Shaq vs. Prime LeBron?

Those are legitimate arguements, but Melo can not even be compared, honestly.

Melo got 42/17/6 against the Celtics in 2011.
42 4 5 on 72% shooting against the Jazz 2010
39 6 4 on 70% shooting against the Lakers in 2009

Many more like that, all in the playoffs

edrick
11-03-2014, 10:31 PM
What the **** has Melo done to get so much praise? He hasn't even sniffed the Finals. :roll:

AirTupac
11-03-2014, 10:32 PM
What the **** has Melo done to get so much praise? He hasn't even sniffed the Finals. :roll:

Probably because he didn't team up with Wade + Bosh ? :confusedshrug:

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 10:33 PM

Replace him with any one player on the teams he had and they wouldn't either

edrick
11-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Probably because he didn't team up with Wade + Bosh ? :confusedshrug:

I guess Lebron didn't make it to the Finals without them? Although, Bosh only won 2(?) playoff games in 7 years, I guess Melo is better than that.

tpols
11-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Man.. I'm probably considered a 'Wade hater'.. But this guy won with old shaq(still very good help). And Bron stans are claiming he can't win with prime Melo and prime bosh(fkin all time great help) :oldlol:

Need I remind you Melo is an all time great closer? There's no way he gets raped in the clutch all year and in the finals like Bron did.

LeBron shot like 1-9 on gws in 2011..melo is career 50+% on gws. With melo Chicago wouldn't have even had hca.

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 10:35 PM
I guess Lebron didn't make it to the Finals without them? Although, Bosh only won 2(?) playoff games in 7 years, I guess Melo is better than that.
He went to the finals and got swept by the same team Melo faced in the 1st round and actually managed to get a win against. Just stop it.

edrick
11-03-2014, 10:36 PM
He went to the finals and got swept by the same team Melo faced in the 1st round and actually managed to get a win against. Just stop it.

And had far more help than Lebron had.

Legends66NBA7
11-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Probably 0 or 1. 2011 is the only case and that would have been because of Wade being the better player overall.

Melo isn't anywhere close James as a playoff performer, nowhere close to what James did in 12 and 13.

Warfan
11-03-2014, 10:38 PM
They might win in 2011, don't make the finals the other years.

navy
11-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Man.. I'm probably considered a 'Wade hater'.. But this guy won with old shaq(still very good help). And Bron stans are claiming he can't win with prime Melo and prime bosh(fkin all time great help) :oldlol:

Need I remind you Melo is an all time great closer? There's no way he gets raped in the clutch all year and in the finals like Bron did.

LeBron shot like 1-9 on gws in 2011..melo is career 50+% on gws. With melo Chicago wouldn't have even had hca.

1-9 is bad in 2011 huh? Melo was worse.

Anthony 1-for-12 on potential game-tying or game-winning baskets in the final 30 seconds this season (2014). His clutch stats were also poor last season(2013), when he went 1-for-7 in those scenarios.

Clutch. :roll:

Dont get me started on Melo shooting in the playoffs.

JT123
11-03-2014, 10:44 PM

Melo was literally one of the worst 4th quarter players in the league last season. Look it up. Plus he's always performed like garbage in the playoffs. Melo might score more points in the Finals than Lebron, but if he's shooting around 40 percent it wouldn't be of much use to a team like Miami.

mehyaM24
11-03-2014, 10:48 PM
are wade and (2012) bosh magically healthier? from 2011-2013, i'll say melo COULD win a ring, however, lebron's historic efficiency in the posteason, and incredible defense would be sorely missed.

not sure - i dont really see a melo-led HEAT team, knocking out oklahoma in 2012 or the spurs in 2013 and 2014.

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 10:54 PM
1-9 is bad in 2011 huh? Melo was worse.

Anthony 1-for-12 on potential game-tying or game-winning baskets in the final 30 seconds this season (2014). His clutch stats were also poor last season(2013), when he went 1-for-7 in those scenarios.

Clutch. :roll:

Dont get me started on Melo shooting in the playoffs.

Impossible, since he made the game winner against Charlotte, sealed the game against Cleveland and no such scenarios against the Bulls

JT123
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Impossible, since he made the game winner against Charlotte, sealed the game against Cleveland and no such scenarios against the Bulls
Pretty sure he meant to say last season. :cheers:
Also, that shot over Lebron wasn't a game winner since his team was already up by 3. :no:

tpols
11-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Melo was literally one of the worst 4th quarter players in the league last season. Look it up. Plus he's always performed like garbage in the playoffs. Melo might score more points in the Finals than Lebron, but if he's shooting around 40 percent it wouldn't be of much use to a team like Miami.
Why are you using last year as a benchmark for 2011? Why are you comparing melo stats on teams where his next best threat was Jr Smith to one where they would be Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Pretty sure he meant to say last season. :cheers:
Also, that shot over Lebron wasn't a game winner since his team was already up by 3. :no:

Did I say it was?? No, and he said last season in the very next sentence (2013)

navy
11-03-2014, 11:00 PM

Notice I put the years in parenthesis....

I quoted an article and added the years myself as the article was from last year obviously. Should have put the quotation marks and link, but I thought it was clear enough. Guess not.

JT123
11-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Why are you using last year as a benchmark for 2011? Why are you comparing melo stats on teams where his next best threat was Jr Smith to one where they would be Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?
Any way you want to slice it Melo has been a mediocre playoff performer his ENTIRE career. You can claim lack of help all you want, but his Knicks teams the last few years were no worse than Lebron's rosters during his first stint in Cleveland. If Melo is really as clutch as you claim his Knicks should have made at least one conference finals appearance by now. :confusedshrug:
You will have to forgive me if I have a hard time believing your stance that there is NO CHANCE Melo would underperform if he had better teammates.

tpols
11-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Any way you want to slice it Melo has been a mediocre playoff performer his ENTIRE career. You can claim lack of help all you want, but his Knicks teams the last few years were no worse than Lebron's rosters during his first stint in Cleveland. If Melo is really as clutch as you claim his Knicks should have made at least one conference finals appearance by now. :confusedshrug:
You will have to forgive me if I have a hard time believing your stance that there is NO CHANCE Melo would underperform if he had better teammates.

LeBron is much greater at carrying shit rosters than melo is.. I would never deny that. He has a greater overall game and is the king of the one man army.

But melo is the PERFECT compliment to Dwayne Wade. A kickout guy who can score great down the stretch and doesn't blur ball handling duties.

I can't see them not winning a ring together especially with Chris bosh thrown in

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 11:13 PM

The only 2 legitimate playoff teams he has had were the 09 and 10 Nuggets, during those years he put up 28 7 4 and 2 stls on 46% shooting

sundizz
11-03-2014, 11:15 PM
This is really tough to say. I think Bosh would of been a much bigger factor though. He is a beast. If Melo could learn to play off him they would of dominated no doubt.

navy
11-03-2014, 11:16 PM
The only 2 legitimate playoff teams he has had were the 09 and 10 Nuggets, during those years he put up 28 7 4 and 2 stls on 46% shooting
Curious, what were his stats in the series he lost in?

MellowYellow
11-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Curious, what were his stats in the series he lost in?

He was beasting against the Lakers until he got the flu in game 4, put up 39 on 70% shooting in game 1
He was beasting against the Jazz and got no help, put up 31 9 and 3 on 47% shooting in the jazz series.

JT123
11-04-2014, 12:02 AM
You don't think the 2013 Knicks were a legit playoff team? :biggums:
Didn't they set an NBA record for 3 pointers made?

Rameek
11-04-2014, 12:05 AM
A Melo led team couldnt do half of what an LBJ team did. LBJ does more than just score.

MellowYellow
11-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Raymond Felton was their pg
JR was his 2nd option
Jason Kidd magically got old once the playoffs started
David West injure Melo plan was successful and he was playing with a torn labrum

MellowYellow
11-04-2014, 12:30 AM
A Melo led team couldnt do half of what an LBJ team did. LBJ does more than just score.

So does Melo. Solid defender, good rebound, good passer.

tpols
11-04-2014, 12:35 AM

You mean when Jr Smith went for 14/5 33FG, 43TS in the playoffs?

Fire Colangelo
11-04-2014, 12:36 AM
What made Miami so good was the perimeter defense anchored by LeBron and Wade. With Melo, they lose their overwhelming defense and their transition opportunities, which was what made the Heat extremely dangerous.

They might win it in 11 if they made the finals since LeBron played so shitty in the finals. They might make it to the finals in 12 since the Wade beasted against the inexperienced Pacers after game 3, and the Celtics were old, but there's no way they beat the Thunder in the finals without LeBron finding Wade on cuts and the open shooters.

Don't see them winning in 13 or 14 either. Other than shooting, he's got nothing on LeBron.

Is he even a better scorer than LeBron? LeBron's career average is 27.5PPG, Melo's only averaged 27.5+ points three times in his career.

Lebron's playoff PPG average is 28, Melo's only averaged 28 in the playoffs two times in his career. :confusedshrug:

JT123
11-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Raymond Felton was their pg
JR was his 2nd option
Jason Kidd magically got old once the playoffs started
David West injure Melo plan was successful and he was playing with a torn labrum
Yeah his supporting cast did underperform in the playoffs, but Lebron's supporting cast underperformed in the 13 playoffs as well. Wade goes from 21 ppg to 16 ppg, and Bosh from 18 ppg to 12 ppg.
The difference is Lebron was able to do just enough to get his team past the Pacers, while Melo came up just a little short against that same team.

MellowYellow
11-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Yeah his supporting cast did underperform in the playoffs, but Lebron's supporting cast underperformed in the 13 playoffs as well. Wade goes from 21 ppg to 16 ppg, and Bosh from 18 ppg to 12 ppg.
The difference is Lebron was able to do just enough to get his team past the Pacers, while Melo came up just a little short against that same team.

2013 and 2014 pacers were two completely different teams. 2014 pacers had major locker room problems and chemistry issues.

tpols
11-04-2014, 01:54 AM
What made Miami so good was the perimeter defense anchored by LeBron and Wade. With Melo, they lose their overwhelming defense and their transition opportunities, which was what made the Heat extremely dangerous.

They might win it in 11 if they made the finals since LeBron played so shitty in the finals. They might make it to the finals in 12 since the Wade beasted against the inexperienced Pacers after game 3, and the Celtics were old, but there's no way they beat the Thunder in the finals without LeBron finding Wade on cuts and the open shooters.

Don't see them winning in 13 or 14 either. Other than shooting, he's got nothing on LeBron.

Is he even a better scorer than LeBron? LeBron's career average is 27.5PPG, Melo's only averaged 27.5+ points three times in his career.

Lebron's playoff PPG average is 28, Melo's only averaged 28 in the playoffs two times in his career. :confusedshrug:

The heat were 6th in defensive rating in 2010.. before lebron came onto the team. Sixth best defense in the entire league with a trash frontcourt. What does that say about their perimeter defense?

Chalmers and wade were beast defense back then.. bosh became one of the best hedgers against the PnR during his stint with miami.. you cant use defense as your argument here. Miami wouldve had a great defense completely without lebron. They already had it before he got there and they added one of the most mobile PFs in the league.

buddha
11-04-2014, 01:57 AM
more rings :lol you sir just created the stupidest thread, ever.

wouldn't make the finals, any time. lebron made up for a lot of their deficiencies. they were small, old and had wade with knee issues.

they played small because LeBron needed his precious space to pad his fg%

with Melo they could have actually started a legit PF or C.

I'd say 4 rings.

Dresta
11-04-2014, 04:32 AM
The heat were 6th in defensive rating in 2010.. before lebron came onto the team. Sixth best defense in the entire league with a trash frontcourt. What does that say about their perimeter defense?

Chalmers and wade were beast defense back then.. bosh became one of the best hedgers against the PnR during his stint with miami.. you cant use defense as your argument here. Miami wouldve had a great defense completely without lebron. They already had it before he got there and they added one of the most mobile PFs in the league.
I already made this kind of post but the stans ignored it. They keep acting like Bron taught Spo how to implement a defensive scheme or something when Miami played the same kind of defense before he joined (and Bosh also had big defensive impact). Chamlers/Wade/Melo/Bosh would of course have been capable of running the same trapping and disruptive defensive scheme.

tpols
11-04-2014, 04:38 AM
I already made this kind of post but the stans ignored it. They keep acting like Bron taught Spo how to implement a defensive scheme or something when Miami played the same kind of defense before he joined (and Bosh also had big defensive impact). Chamlers/Wade/Melo/Bosh would of course have been capable of running the same trapping and disruptive defensive scheme.

and I respect that.. check back to my reply before your reply though.. a few pages ago. We share the same sentiments. Cheers brother.

Dresta
11-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Yeah, was mostly quoting to reaffirm the point as it's been made a bunch of times now and yet no Bron-lover has yet bothered to acknowledge it or accept that Miami Heat defense didn't start and end with Lebron. In fact, Miami stopped playing good defense last season while Lebron was still there (a deterioration that he was a big part of).

Rameek
11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
So does Melo. Solid defender, good rebound, good passer.
Melo isnt on LBJ's level in any thing but scoring. Bottom line you add LBJ to almost any team and they are contenders you add Melo to almost any team and they are still just any team.