PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis vs Chris Webber

DFish24
11-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Current Davis or Prime Webber, who ya got?

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Prime Webber.

He was matching it with Shaq/KG/Duncan/Dirk/Eltonio Brand/J-Oneal/Rasheed/Randolph/

He would be considered with the likes of KG and Dirk if he wasn't screwed out of that chip in 02'. If he also didn't get injured they could have repeated, A couple FMVPs to his name, a much longer peak.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Prime Webber.

He was matching it with Shaq/KG/Duncan/Dirk/Eltonio Brand/J-Oneal/Rasheed/Randolph/

He would be considered with the likes of KG and Dirk if he wasn't screwed out of that chip in 02'. If he also didn't get injured they could have repeated, A couple FMVPs to his name, a much longer peak.
He was never close to as good as Shaq, KG, Dirk or Timmy

he was on the Brand/JO/Sheed/Zbo level tho

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 09:13 PM

At his peak he was. 27/11 in a team orientated offense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM
At his peak he was. 27/11 in a team orientated offense.
he took over 23 shots and played over 40minutes a game to get that
Brand was 25/10/3 w/ much better defense
Webber was one of the softest players in history, never wanted contact and had no intangibles.

Im Still Ballin
11-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Webber was one of the softest players in history, never wanted contact and had no intangibles.
Regardless. He played in the toughest defensive era. Brand is nowhere near Webber. "Never wanted contact" yet he lead the league in rebounds in the lockout season. He didn't play that way because it wasn't his style.

33teeth
11-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Webber and it's isn't close. Maybe in a few years it'll be a different answer.

MiseryCityTexas
11-02-2014, 10:24 PM

Chris Webber was better than all these players bolded though. Webber was more on the lines of prime Shawn Kemp's level as a player.

kwajo
11-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Sheed and Webber were both better than Brand/JO/ZBo/McDyess, etc., if anything that era's bigmen were more like this:

Tier 1: Duncan, Shaq, KG

Tier 2: Sheed, Webber, Dirk

Tier 3: Brand, JO, ZBo, McDyess

Any given night a Tier 2 or 3 guy would have a Tier 1 game, but they didn't have the defensive consistency of the top level guys. Sheed to me was always of the same talent level as KG or Duncan, but he didn't have the mental strength or work ethic of those two guys.

fsvr54
11-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Sheed and Webber were both better than Brand/JO/ZBo/McDyess, etc., if anything that era's bigmen were more like this:

Any given night a Tier 2 or 3 guy would have a Tier 1 game, but they didn't have the defensive consistency of the top level guys. Sheed to me was always of the same talent level as KG or Duncan, but he didn't have the mental strength or work ethic of those two guys.

This, Sheed was a beast

IGOTGAME
11-02-2014, 10:57 PM

Webber was so much better than Brand. It is an insult to compare them.

G-train
11-02-2014, 11:01 PM

Webber had season's at KG, Duncan and Dirk level in his prime, which was limited due to injury.
Shaq is a different animal.

bizil
11-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Well Davis is on track to be at least as good as Webber and likely better. Davis reminds me a lot of a young KG in terms of athletic ability and versatility on both ends. KG is likely the most versatile PF of all time and Davis is on that track. But peak wise, Webber was a top 10 PF of all time and TRUE BEAST!!

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Current Davis or Prime Webber, who ya got?

Rookie Year Davis or Current KG, who you got?

GimmeThat
11-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Sheed is that guy who keeps talking to you
KG is that guy who keeps on yelling at you
Apparently Duncan is that guy who keeps coming out at you

that's how I feel about talent level, mental strength, and work ethic

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Webber was so much better than Brand. It is an insult to compare them.
I was talkin at their peak u can definitely take Brand

Qwyjibo
11-02-2014, 11:30 PM
I'll take Webber at his absolute best over current Davis but I think Davis will exceed that in a year or 2.

IGOTGAME
11-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I was talkin at their peak u can definitely take Brand

nope. Brand at his peak was not better than a prime Webber. To different calibers of player.

GimmeThat
11-03-2014, 12:04 AM
nope. Brand at his peak was not better than a prime Webber. To different calibers of player.

I don't know if you want to upset the Ne'ne Hilario fan club

not that I even know how large of a population that is

just saying

dreamwarrior
11-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Davis is better than peak Webber right now. He's going to show that over the season. He's better on a good team than carrying the load by himself. Having both Asik and Anderson with him, now we're really seeing his full potential.