PDA

View Full Version : Starting Franchise With Point Guard

Jlamb47
10-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Everyone at the age they are at now, which of these point gaurds would you take over Russell Westbrook to start a franchise?

Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Kyle Lowry
Goran Dragic
Eric Bledsoe
Kemba Walker

Demitri98
10-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Damian Lillard and John Wall. Westbrook I still think is best in his role as option 1B.

BuffaloBill
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Only one I'd take for sure is CP3. But i wouldnt mind Curry or Rose either

RoundMoundOfReb
10-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Maybe Steph Curry. That's it.

sammichoffate
10-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Tony Parker is probably the safest pick, would go with WB or Curry though.

Jlamb47
10-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Pg such a deep position, very interesting to see the choices. Im shocked no one said Kyrie

Mass Debator
10-30-2014, 02:48 PM
At first I thought you meant starting Stevie Franchise as the point. He was pretty good. Almost the same player as Westbrook

But for me, CP3, Curry, Parker, Rondo, and Kyrie on KD's Thunder don't miss much of a beat. Curry and KD though would be pretty sweet.

For who I'd pick over Westbrook though, Curry and CP3.
Shit forgot about Rose. Throw him in too.

Jlamb47
10-30-2014, 02:50 PM
At first I thought you meant starting Stevie Franchise as the point. He was pretty good. Almost the same player as Westbrook

But for me, CP3, Curry, Parker, Rondo, and Kyrie on KD's Thunder don't miss much of a beat. Curry and KD though would be pretty sweet.

For who I'd pick over Westbrook though, Curry and CP3.
Shit forgot about Rose. Throw him in too.

Curry n KD would be scary man, that shooting :eek:

imdaman99
10-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Curry n KD would be scary man, that shooting :eek:
It would be fun to watch but both can be bullied by athletic defenders. They both need to get their weights up.

nathanjizzle
10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Cp3
Rose
Rondo
Curry

Exception lillard.

Those are the only pgs that have demonstrated that they can command a team

el gringos
10-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Damian Lillard and John Wall. Westbrook I still think is best in his role as option 1B.
What does that mean? Are you trying to say either of the other 2 are a 1a option? Or could be?

Budadiiii
10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Kyrie Irving.

Thorpesaurous
10-30-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm torn between Curry and Wall.

Curry has a great contract because he signed that extension after the iffy injury year. But at the same time he had in iffy injury year or two up to this point, and he plays only on the one end.

But he warps the defense with his shooting probably more than any player in the league, and he's equally effective off the ball as he is with it.

Wall has more physical upside and fits in with multiple styles because he gets in the lane and will give it up.

Hell I'd take the ultimately unique offensive guy and just try to figure everything else out later.

Rose's injury history would push him down behind Wall at this point. And if you included Westbrook he'd be in the conversation too, but his injury history and weird fit issues make him tricky for me.

bizil
10-30-2014, 05:01 PM
For me, the ultimate franchise PG is CP3. The best PG's in the league these days are more score first PG's or combo type guards. CP3 is a pass first PG who upholds the premium asset in PG play WHICH IS droppin dimes and being a true floor general. However, CP3 has alpha dog ability and can take over a game scoring too. And he's among the best defenders in the L too. When it comes to scoring, passing, and defense as a package, he's up there with Payton and Frazier for the best of all time.

But in general, the most premium asset in all of bball in general is alpha dog scoring. So I can't hate on guys like Westbrook, Rose, Lillard, Kyrie, and Parker either. And in the case of Curry and Wall, it seems like they are balancing scoring and passing a bit better every year.

Nash
10-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Rose, by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

But, some part of me says injuries so..

CP3 - the best, he's 29 and I'm not thinking ahead of 1 contract at the time. I'd like 5 years with current CP3
Curry - dat contract, shooting, good age
Rose - high risk, super high reward
Wall
Irving

HiphopRelated
10-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Well I'm never starting a franchise with a PG

Mass Debator
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Well I'm never starting a franchise with a PG
Magic? Big O?

T_L_P
10-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Cp3.

JimmyMcAdocious
10-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Curry because of how effective he is off the ball. Or Westbrook and move him to SG.

Genaro
10-30-2014, 06:59 PM
People would seriously choose Wall and Rose over WB?
I'm glad none of you is the Lakers' GM.