PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Jeff Taylor pleads guilty to domestic violence

GilZero
10-30-2014, 08:47 AM
What kind of penalty do you expect from the league and the hornets? :facepalm

I do like him, but honestly he should get a looooooong suspension.

LINK (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/10/29/5275986/hornets-forward-jeff-taylor-pleads.html#.VFH6e9q201J)

ralph_i_el
10-30-2014, 09:27 AM
push a woman...lose your job :roll:

when they say that the hotel wall was damaged, it made me think of when my dad put my uncle through my grandma's freshly painted wall lol.

Push a woman...lose your job. I wonder what my boss would say if he knew how my brother and I would beat the shit out of each other?

moral of the story...if it doesn't have a ***** you are not allowed to be mean to it.

B-hoop
10-30-2014, 10:26 AM

when they say that the hotel wall was damaged, it made me think of when my dad put my uncle through my grandma's freshly painted wall lol.

Push a woman...lose your job. I wonder what my boss would say if he knew how my brother and I would beat the shit out of each other?

moral of the story...if it doesn't have a ***** you are not allowed to be mean to it.

:biggums:

ralph_i_el
10-30-2014, 10:31 AM
:biggums:

They're both big dudes and they got in a fight. My uncle ended up stuck in a hole in the wall ass-first. We all laugh about it now.

oarabbus
10-30-2014, 01:32 PM

They're both big dudes and they got in a fight. My uncle ended up stuck in a hole in the wall ass-first. We all laugh about it now.

:facepalm

If Taylor did commit this crime I have no problems whatsoever with him losing his job.

IncarceratedBob
10-30-2014, 01:36 PM
This is really the world we live in?

Woman want to be equal to men, until they don't.

ralph_i_el
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
:facepalm

If Taylor did commit this crime I have no problems whatsoever with him losing his job.

he pushed someone.

Assault is Assault. There shouldn't be extra penalties just because it's a woman, or just because it's someone you're romantically involved with. If he had pushed a dude into a wall it wouldn't even be a news story. Instead, he's going to lose his job because the league is afraid of a media shitstorm.

Pushing someone into a wall is assault. No other part of the story should matter when it comes to his punishment. That's all I'm trying to say.

When you have separate penalties for the same crime based on the gender of the victim, the implication is that one gender is weaker and needs to be protected. Feminists take offense if that implication is ever used against them. They're only weaker and in need of protection when it benefits them.

oarabbus
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
he pushed someone.

Assault is Assault. There shouldn't be extra penalties just because it's a woman, or just because it's someone you're romantically involved with. If he had pushed a dude into a wall it wouldn't even be a news story. Instead, he's going to lose his job because the league is afraid of a media shitstorm.

Pushing someone into a wall is assault. No other part of the story should matter when it comes to his punishment. That's all I'm trying to say.

When you have separate penalties for the same crime based on the gender of the victim, the implication is that one gender is weaker and needs to be protected. Feminists take chagrin if that implication is ever used against them. They're only weaker and in need of protection when it benefits them.

OK, I see where you're coming from. Logically, your post is 100% correct.

But I do think there is something to be said for the strength differential. What if he pushed a 130lb 18 year old "man" into a wall hard enough to damage the wall? I don't think that's the same thing as getting in a fight with another 220lb guy.

ralph_i_el
10-30-2014, 02:00 PM
OK, I see where you're coming from. Logically, your post is 100% correct.

But I do think there is something to be said for the strength differential. What if he pushed a 130lb 18 year old "man" into a wall hard enough to damage the wall? I don't think that's the same thing as getting in a fight with another 220lb guy.

It's not, but the media and courts would treat it the same.

It would just be assault. It probably honestly wouldn't be anything. As long as no one is seriously hurt, most fights between men don't become legal issues in my experience.

Apparently Blake Griffin smacked a dude in a club the other night. If the exact same situation happened, but he smacked a woman, she'd be on TV. He'd be getting sued or hauled off to jail. You bet your ass he'd be suspended at least.

What drives me crazy is that women want this unequal treatment, predicated on the fact that on average they are smaller and weaker than men. If we accept that women are naturally weaker (duh), why can't (based off hundreds of hours of observation on my long commutes) we say that women are worse drivers? Or worse businessmen? Or better teachers?

The idea that genders are unequal in some way is only ever used to the benefit of women, and bringing up any other possible difference between sexes is seen as well.....sexist.

sammichoffate
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
It's not, but the media and courts would treat it the same.

It would just be assault. It probably honestly wouldn't be anything. As long as no one is seriously hurt, most fights between men don't become legal issues in my experience.

Apparently Blake Griffin smacked a dude in a club the other night. If the exact same situation happened, but he smacked a woman, she'd be on TV. He'd be getting sued or hauled off to jail. You bet your ass he'd be suspended at least.

What drives me crazy is that women want this unequal treatment, predicated on the fact that on average they are smaller and weaker than men. If we accept that women are naturally weaker (duh), why can't (based off hundreds of hours of observation on my long commutes) we say that women are worse drivers? Or worse businessmen? Or better teachers?

The idea that genders are unequal in some way is only ever used to the benefit of women, and bringing up any other possible difference between sexes is seen as well.....sexist.Playing the victim for personal gain is the norm these days. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.:confusedshrug:

ralph_i_el
10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Playing the victim for personal gain is the norm these days. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it.:confusedshrug:

All part of the Judeo-Christian slave morality :facepalm
The worst part is, these people are so smug about it.