PDA

View Full Version : maybe knicks shouldnt have resigned melo?

Knicksfever2010
10-29-2014, 10:34 PM
5 years is going to seem like an eternity. Buyers remorse: We could have tanked this year, got a very high draft pick in the lottery, and had SICK cap space to get Gasol and Durant

outbreak
10-29-2014, 10:36 PM
This is why I hate the knicks management. I really liked the knicks growing up and still do but they seem too scared to have a full on tank season and would rather sign mediocre players to generate a bit of buzz and fill the stadium. It's just like when they traded for Melo originally instead of waiting for him, or signing Amare for more than anyone else in the league would with his injury history, or trading for bargs. They just seem to want to keep trying to throw money at mediocrity rather than being bad to get better in the long run. Signing Melo is pointless if you can't afford to put a competitive team around him. It's the other decisions really that make the big deal for melo annoying.

Real14
10-29-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't know what to say.

Optimus Prime
10-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Nah they needed a star to put butts in seats and so Knicks fans can make endless threads about how they are a top team in the East.

Year after year after year...

Yeah, maybe the Knicks shouldn't have resigned Melo. Save us from the endless threads!

:lol

Milbuck
10-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Next offseason is critical. I've joked around about the Knicks a lot...but a lot can change in one offseason, even more in two. They just need to learn from their mistakes. It's gonna take a couple years to get rid of the dumb, low IQ, low impact players though. Reminds of Washington a few years ago, they were filled with dumbasses like Swaggy and Javale...got rid of them, couple years later they're legit. Knicks have a real superstar they can build around. They just need to be smart with roster construction from now on, and Phil should help a lot with that. No more Bargs, JR Smiths, Feltons, etc. Build a good culture with high IQ players that bust their ass. And the triangle offense should help once they get it down..even if they don't land another star in the next few years, someone like Marc Gasol + role players should be enough, you don't need to be loaded with talent if the triangle is clicking.

CHi1PriDe
10-30-2014, 02:50 AM
So relieved that the Bulls didn't sign Melo, Bulls ball movement was actually fun to watch. We probably wouldn't have Taj, Butler, Pau and our 2 rookies.. Dodged a bullet on that one :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Smoke117
10-30-2014, 03:08 AM
Meet common sense. He's been around for awhile and you will get to know him in the next couple of years.

FPJ
10-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Melo is interested in winning, not the money :roll:

imdaman99
10-30-2014, 03:17 AM
Been wondering all summer if it was the right move. I think I was relieved to have him back only to save face and didn't wanna vilify him. But this team is no good, especially the bench.

MellowYellow
10-30-2014, 04:50 AM
5 years is going to seem like an eternity. Buyers remorse: We could have tanked this year, got a very high draft pick in the lottery, and had SICK cap space to get Gasol and Durant
Ain't nobody coming to the Knicks when there is nothing there. Phil made the right move. Melo is the Kobe and he needs his Gasol/Odom. Or even a Rondo?

UK2K
10-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Now fans are advocating tanking...

What a weak league.

Magic731
10-30-2014, 05:33 AM
Lol Melo so underrated.

buddha
10-30-2014, 05:37 AM
This is why I hate the knicks management. I really liked the knicks growing up and still do but they seem too scared to have a full on tank season and would rather sign mediocre players to generate a bit of buzz and fill the stadium. It's just like when they traded for Melo originally instead of waiting for him, or signing Amare for more than anyone else in the league would with his injury history, or trading for bargs. They just seem to want to keep trying to throw money at mediocrity rather than being bad to get better in the long run. Signing Melo is pointless if you can't afford to put a competitive team around him. It's the other decisions really that make the big deal for melo annoying.

you're not thinking about the business aspect of the franchise.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Hes a great player