PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle out for the season

Asiantastic
10-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Julius Randle underwent surgery this morning and is expected to make a full recovery from his broken leg. He won't return this season.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/527545144489168897

:( :(

Kblaze8855
10-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Well...

Blake
Oden
Noel
Embiid

Now Randle.

Shit.

Blake and Noel seem to have come out the other end fine.

KobesFinger
10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? I thought its just a fractured tibia? So one game in and two guys are already out for the season :biggums:

IncarceratedBob
10-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Poor kiddo

uber
10-29-2014, 04:09 PM
:( :(

lakerspng
10-29-2014, 04:13 PM
what a kick in the nuts. was really hoping to see him have the chance to develop over the season... I guess it will have to wait a year. Hopefully he can make a full recovery. good luck kid.

Le Shaqtus
10-29-2014, 04:15 PM
The whole season? Come on now.

magic chiongson
10-29-2014, 04:32 PM
****. oh well marc gasol '15 & durant '16.
http://i.imgur.com/Nq7qTVN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1zqRXvf.jpg

and after lebron leaves cleveland after failing to win a championship:

http://www.fantasybasketballmoneyleagues.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kyrie-Irving-1-300x143.jpg

minus kobe of course :rockon:

rezznor
10-29-2014, 04:38 PM
****. oh well marc gasol '15 & durant '16.

not if kobe is still on the team

JellyBean
10-29-2014, 04:40 PM
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/2/0/200df_ORIG-disbelief.gif

SCdac
10-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Damn didn't even get two games in :( ... at least with somebody like Griffin it happened in preseason and the hype had died down accordingly

Rake2204
10-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any details on the injury? As in, was it just a fracture? Whereabouts on the tibia? What led to it being a season-ender as opposed to 2-4 months? So on and so forth?

JimmyMcAdocious
10-29-2014, 04:44 PM
That blows. Hope he can recover well.

Taller than CP3
10-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Rookie plays his first game and is now out for the season.

Wow, what a ****ing downer. Hope Randle bounces back strong from this.

Shade8780
10-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Does this qualify as his rookie season then since he played one game? :lol

HurricaneKid
10-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Tibia = 7 months?

LAL confirm: Tank is on.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Damn that sucks. I like Randle even if some people here are over rating him a bit. Maybe some of the ISH idiots should keep their mouths shut next time another teams players get injured, their was the same as always group of lakers "fans" making fun of oladipo and saying it made their day when he got injured. No one should want a player from any team to get injured. I think season is being safe though, I expect he will come back near the end for a handful of no pressure games.

dreamwarrior
10-29-2014, 05:00 PM
That sucks so bad. It's probably due to the stress the leg endured while he was clearly overweight. He likely had a minor fracture already.

Cobra Kai
10-29-2014, 05:03 PM
That's unfortunate.

ZeN
10-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Makes no sense for the Lakes to 'try to win'. They need go development/tank mode.

I know there's no possibility for it to happen but it would be so good to trade Kobe to N.Y. That way he gets to make the playoffs for a couple seasons in an uneventful way. It would make for an interesting story Phil/Fisher/Melo/Kobe dynamic. While the Lakers can go tank mode by taking a bunch of expiring contracts and a bag of chips in return.

Instead Kobe wont make the playoffs during his final years. Hell be curmudgeon Kobe. The Lakers wont get a chance at a top pick. They will continue to not have a plan for the future. Plus, even with Kobe will still suck.

Feels like in this current scenario it's a lose lose situation.

Oh and strange thread I selected to express this in..

magic chiongson
10-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Makes no sense for the Lakes to 'try to win'. They need go development/tank mode.

I know there's no possibility for it to happen but it would be so good to trade Kobe to N.Y. That way he gets to make the playoffs for a couple seasons in an uneventful way. It would make for an interesting story Phil/Fisher/Melo/Kobe dynamic. While the Lakers can go tank mode by taking a bunch of expiring contracts and a bag of chips in return.

Instead Kobe wont make the playoffs during his final years. Hell be curmudgeon Kobe. The Lakers wont get a chance at a top pick. They will continue to not have a plan for the future. Plus, even with Kobe will still suck.

2016 can't come soon enough

Sportal
10-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Wow... Couldn't imagine how he feels. That f*cking sucks.

AirTupac
10-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Damn, now he can't win RoY. Played already in the season :cry: :cry: :cry:

jbryan1984
10-29-2014, 05:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing. It makes sense for both teams. Kobe did not sign two more years to not make the playoffs. The odds of him and Boozer making the playoffs in the west are highly unlikely. His loyalty to the Lakers though, that would be the only issue.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 05:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It makes sense for both teams. Kobe did not sign two more years to not make the playoffs. The odds of him and Boozer making the playoffs in the west are highly unlikely. His loyalty to the Lakers though, that would be the only issue.

Please. He's demanded trades before. The issue is his contract size and the fact that the Lakers make so much money through him.

ZeN
10-29-2014, 05:42 PM
2016 can't come soon enough
I hear ya brother. We dont need to win small now, we need to have a plan to win big later.

ZeN
10-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Damn, now he can't wait RoY. Played already in the season :cry: :cry: :cry:
That will be some messed up ISH.

20Four
10-29-2014, 05:48 PM
What was the supposed injury he had on which why other teams passed on him? Was it his ankle?

Brokenbeat
10-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Damn that sucks. I like Randle even if some people here are over rating him a bit. Maybe some of the ISH idiots should keep their mouths shut next time another teams players get injured, their was the same as always group of lakers "fans" making fun of oladipo and saying it made their day when he got injured. No one should want a player from any team to get injured. I think season is being safe though, I expect he will come back near the end for a handful of no pressure games.

I wasn't one of them (got him on my fantasy teams, lol), but that's obviously Jameer backlash. Nobody would've said shit if that little bitch wasn't always running his mouth.

RRR3
10-29-2014, 05:54 PM
:(

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Tibia = 7 months?

LAL confirm: Tank is on.
Years back, I snapped my tibia (and fibula) while skating and couldn't do anything taxing for at least 5 months. By the time Randle gets back, the season will be just about over, and he'd still have to play his way into shape.

Sitting out would be best for all parties.

outbreak
10-29-2014, 06:08 PM
I wasn't one of them (got him on my fantasy teams, lol), but that's obviously Jameer backlash. Nobody would've said shit if that little bitch wasn't always running his mouth.

You're right about that but it really bothers me when people make posts about how happy they are a players been injured. Just makes them look like scum regardless of why they are doing it.

gts
10-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? I thought its just a fractured tibia? So one game in and two guys are already out for the season :biggums:

listening to the radio awhile ago the doctor they had on said he didin't know specifics of the surgery but he'd assume they put some screws in which adds to the healing time...

they bad point is the recover takes a couple months longer than if they don't use screws they silver lining is the bone will be much stronger and there's almost zero chance he can re-fracture the leg in the same place which is always a concern, more so for big men who add more stress to their legs

Optimus Prime
10-29-2014, 07:03 PM
The tank is on, which is fine (but somewhat depressing) I guess. The ceiling of this team was pretty low even if everything went perfectly, and things have started off horribly already.

Ah well. It will be fun to watch Kobe gunning every game without a care.

:kobe:

IGOTGAME
10-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Randle was looking like he would have been rookie of the year. Smh sad sad story.

Rookie class has been really hurt by injuries. Embiid or Randle would have prob been rookie of the year. Couldnt see Embiid struggling to adjust because of his all around game. If his foot holds then Philly got the best player by far.