PDA

View Full Version : The Truth: 'I still can't stand' LeBron James, other young NBA stars

sirkeelma
10-28-2014, 11:11 PM
In a way, Paul Pierce was part of the move that sparked the current era of NBA "super teams," starting with the formation of the Boston Celtics' new "Big Three" in 2007.

But Pierce, entering his second season since departing Boston, still sees a distinction between him and the league's new guard.

"This is a different era," Pierce, now with the Washington Wizards, told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" show, cited here in The Washington Post's DC Sports Bog. "Guys are playing a lot more together in the summer. You see more friendships in the league. It's not like in the '80s when you had enemies, or you couldn't stand this guy, and there were fights all the time.

"These guys, they all get along. It's a new generation. They all want to play with each other. They all want to win. They're in USA Basketball all summer, they play in the summer leagues all summer, so they get to know one another and they try to join one another and try to win a championship. It's a new era that we're seeing and this is the way it's going to be, guys, we've just got to accept it."

Well, maybe not completely accept it.

When co-host Cris Carter referenced Pierce's interactions with LeBron James -- "I've seen you say some things to LeBron" -- Pierce didn't hold back.

"I still can't stand none of these guys," Pierce added, referring to James' generation. "I want to beat all of them."
LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CLEVELAND

On the court, the combination of three singular talents in Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen might not be all that different from the combination of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the Miami Heat or James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving on the Cleveland Cavaliers. The difference is in how the players came together; the way in which the Celtics' title team was built is perceived as organic, whereas the Miami squad and Cleveland's powerhouse-in-the-making are perceived as being primarily James' workings.

Either way, it's a treat that someone like Pierce still exists in the NBA. As the league's stars become more chummy, the game needs a few last stars who have true contempt -- if begrudging respect -- for their opponents.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/paul-pierce-i-still-can-t-stand-lebron-james-other-young-nba-stars-102814?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Afoxsports

Paul Pierce, referring to LeBron James' generation: 'I want to beat all of them.'

funnystuff
10-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Dude isn't even top 20 currently.

KDthunderup
10-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Pierce pretty much calling out Lebron for manufacturing stacked teams instead of organically growing them like all the greats did.

SugarHill
10-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Pierce pretty much calling out Lebron for manufacturing stacked teams instead of organically growing them like all the greats did.
Pierce would never do that. Stayed true to himself.

KyleKong
10-28-2014, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't stand LeBron James either if he created a super team that destroyed the hopes and dreams of me ever making it to the Finals again.

KDthunderup
10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Pierce would never do that. Stayed true to himself.
Yep, Pierce respects the challenge in crafting your legacy instead of manufacturing it.

Bobcats2013
10-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Celtics never traded for Allen and Garnett(in the same season no less). They were drafted and manufactured in Boston.

Old generation folks got it made.

dubeta
10-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Pierce is the one who should be hated

Helped orchestrate this whole collusion era

2008 Celtics were the architects

Ever since then, every contender has been a superteam

OKC, Clippers, Spurs, 2013 Lakers, Houston

Pierce made the league what it is today

KDthunderup
10-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Pierce is the one who should be hated

Helped orchestrate this whole collusion era

2008 Celtics were the architects

Ever since then, every contender has been a superteam

OKC, Clippers, Spurs, 2013 Lakers, Houston

Pierce made the league what it is today
Most of those teams were made great by the front office, there wasn't any talking of collusion going on behind the scenes with players conspiring it all together.

iTare
10-28-2014, 11:27 PM
game 6 2012

eriX
10-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Most of those teams were made great by the front office, there wasn't any talking of collusion going on behind the scenes with players conspiring it all together.

so when the front office is able to sign big free agents they did great, but when players recruit other players to join they are colluding. dat logic :facepalm

L.Kizzle
10-28-2014, 11:40 PM
When the Celtics got together everyone was in their tenth plus season, past their prime. They didn't get together in 2001 it was the summer of 2007. P- Dub his 10th season, Jesus 12th and KG 13th. This was like Hakeem, Clyde and Charles except the Celtics won.

La Frescobaldi
10-28-2014, 11:46 PM
so when the front office is able to sign big free agents they did great, but when players recruit other players to join they are colluding. dat logic :facepalm

You honestly don't see the difference?

Phantom84
10-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Pierce should be the last person to point finger at Lebron, since he has his own band of super friend. Hell, he should give his FMVP to Garnett and Ray Allen.

pauk
10-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Im sorry Paul but:

1. You are not from the 80s, if you were, nobody would have given a crap about you. You would have meant even less than today considering players like you crawled allover the league & you certainly wouldnt have won a championship. Lebron however.........

2. In this generation it was YOU who started with the teaming up crap, it was you who caused everything that followed, everything....... Lebron & other guys were all for parity, that shit you pulled with Garnett/Allen/Rondo is what caused him and other players to go beat you with your own medicine......

3. Its you who is the douchebag in this story, i know you are looking for attention right now in your dying days as a sour player, but please, just do us a favor and try retire silently.

KDthunderup
10-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Yes that's what colluding together is.

FLDFSU
10-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Wait, this is the same Pierce who was part of a Boston team that had it not been for the Heat would have gone to 5 straight NBA Finals as he, KG, Rondo, and allen all gang up on Wade, James, Bosh, and Howard individually?

:roll: :roll:

houston
10-29-2014, 12:21 AM
pierce is a bitter old man and a hater. Him and KG was BFF before they played together

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20130314/Blogs/303149885

Prometheus
10-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Pierce's teams:

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/images/Tropical_m562373.jpg

LeBron's teams:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/10/17/magazine/17-carrots2/17-carrots2-blog480.jpg

edrick
10-29-2014, 12:22 AM

Consider how many titles Boston and LA have combined... It's about time players have some input to be able to do this.

FLDFSU
10-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Yes that's what colluding together is.

You do understand that only owners and not players can collude right?

You do understand that if Lin, Parson, and Omer all wanted to join the Orlando Magic that the Magic can say no to all of them--individually or collectively.

Please tell me you understand this simple concept...

sportjames23
10-29-2014, 12:23 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/paul-pierce-i-still-can-t-stand-lebron-james-other-young-nba-stars-102814?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Afoxsports

Paul Pierce, referring to LeBron James' generation: 'I want to beat all of them.'

Love that Old School mentality from P-squared. :bowdown:

dubeta
10-29-2014, 12:25 AM
Pierce's teams:

LeBron's teams:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/10/17/magazine/17-carrots2/17-carrots2-blog480.jpg

So being forced out of Cleveland by Dan Gilbert, and deciding to join the 44 win Heat is manufactured? :lol

sportjames23
10-29-2014, 12:26 AM
Pierce's teams:

LeBron's teams:

I see what you did. :cheers:

hahaitme
10-29-2014, 12:57 AM

So what you are saying is.. LeBron is a GOAT GM?

:applause:

dubeta
10-29-2014, 01:00 AM
So what you are saying is.. LeBron is a GOAT GM?

:applause:

Nah LeBron is just GOAT

LBJ4MVP23
10-29-2014, 01:11 AM
This is the same guy that teamed up with KG and Allen?

Same homo that had to be carried off the court while crying like a baby, then came back to play with a broken back or torn ******, whichever it was?

Yea hes cool.

ballinhun8
10-29-2014, 01:17 AM
Im sorry Paul but:

1. You are not from the 80s, if you were, nobody would have given a crap about you. You would have meant even less than today considering players like you crawled allover the league & you certainly wouldnt have won a championship. Lebron however.........

2. In this generation it was YOU who started with the teaming up crap, it was you who caused everything that followed, everything....... Lebron & other guys were all for parity, that shit you pulled with Garnett/Allen/Rondo is what caused him and other players to go beat you with your own medicine......

3. Its you who is the douchebag in this story, i know you are looking for attention right now in your dying days as a sour player, but please, just do us a favor and try retire silently.

So much fail with this post.

It is so obvious to anyone who is not s LeBron fan what the difference was. You had three guys join together after 30+ years NBA experience. And then you have another tril colluding in their prime.

LBJ4MVP23
10-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Year before teaming up:

Garnett- 22 and 13 1.7 blocks playing 40 minutes a game
Pierce- 25 6 and 4
Allen- 26 PPG scorer

Yep just 3 geriatric over the hill guys joining together to have some fun as friends in the twilight of their careers. Definitely no one was talking about them beating the bulls record for most wins in a season when they teamed up and NO ONE picked them to repeat given that they also had a top 7 PG in rondo and a top 10 center in Perkins.

None of the above happened.

Lol. Revisionist history by boston fans and LBJ haters.

ProfessorMurder
10-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Year before teaming up:

Pierce- 25 6 and 4
Allen- 26 PPG scorer

Yep just 3 geriatric over the hill guys joining together to have some fun as friends in the twilight of their careers. Definitely no one was talking about them beating the bulls record for most wins in a season when they teamed up and NO ONE picked them to repeat given that they also had a top 7 PG in rondo and a top 10 center in Perkins.

Hating Pierce for what Ainge did. Yeah, makes sense. Keep defending Bran.

And I can't put enough rolling emoticons for Perk being a 'top 10' center.

Prometheus
10-29-2014, 01:35 AM
I still haven't heard anyone convincingly explain why professional athletes asserting more control over where with whom they play should be considered a bad thing.

I still don't understand how it's more "natural" or "organic" for those decisions to be made by front offices.

When LeBron, Wade, and Bosh came together... did they not sit back and say "if you put the three of us together, we could win a lot".

When Garnett, Allen, and Pierce came together... did the Celtics franchise not sit back and say "if you put these three together, we could win a lot".

So what's the difference? If anything, it's preferable that the players have more control. I'm entertained by them, I give half a shit about what they do - I couldn't care less about GMs.

sportjames23
10-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Nah LeBron is just GOAT

2/5 does not a GOAT make.

JT123
10-29-2014, 01:38 AM
2/5 does not a GOAT make.
1-9

Keno
10-29-2014, 01:39 AM
had to think about who the truth was for a second. forgot his irrelevant ass is still in the league.

poido123
10-29-2014, 01:42 AM
Im sorry Paul but:

The Celtics players joined together on the BACK END OF THEIR PRIME.

The Heat players joined up entering their prime and Wade still in his. Those players were probably top 3 in their respective positions at the time, with the best player in the game.

Big difference.

sportjames23
10-29-2014, 01:53 AM
1-9

6/6, fggt.

LBJ4MVP23
10-29-2014, 02:04 AM
Hating Pierce for what Ainge did. Yeah, makes sense. Keep defending Bran.

And I can't put enough rolling emoticons for Perk being a 'top 10' center.

The hypocrisy is truly unbelievable. Keep working at footlocker my good man, I am sure you will make day shift assistant manager one day.

poido123
10-29-2014, 03:30 AM
The hypocrisy is truly unbelievable. Keep working at footlocker my good man, I am sure you will make day shift assistant manager one day.

Hypocrisy?

Not at all the same thing. Has been explained over and over.

finchyyy
10-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Ahh, the difference is clearly the fact that Lebron, Wade and Bosh had planned to join together in Miami while they were still playing for Cleveland and Toronto.. They colluded. Whereas Boston traded for KG and Ray after they failed a tank job to get Oden/Durant. There was no pre planning by the Boston guys. Boston had to actually give up players/picks for KG and Ray and the Miami guys walked out on their teams as free agents. Bit of a difference.

ballinhun8
10-29-2014, 10:20 AM

You're a moron and there's no other nice way to put it. You talk about revisionist history yet you blatantly lie and claim Perk was top 10? A top 10 C with no offensive skills whatsoever and on a 18 win team? Or Rondo? Top 7? Pure idiocy. The team trusted Cassel more in their finals run.

Not to mention, these three guys all missed the playoffs before they joined together. Putting but empty stays on bad teams. And you don't want 30 yr old players doing that.

Blue&Orange
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
It doesn't matter how many times you point out that +30 old farts ending up o the same team because of trades not the same thing has 26 old players in the prime teaming up in the free agency, lebron stans keep coming up with theirs bullshit comparison, i guess i makes them feel better not think how big of a ***** their idols is.

Blue&Orange
10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Im sorry Paul but:
I'm sure he will get your message :roll:

Are you medicated already? Take care of yourself pauk, you need pills.

aj1987
10-29-2014, 10:56 AM
It doesn't matter how many times you point out that +30 old farts ending up o the same team because of trades not the same thing has 26 old players in the prime teaming up in the free agency, lebron stans keep coming up with theirs bullshit comparison, i guess i makes them feel better not think how big of a ***** their idols is.
:facepalm

I don't get this argument. All 3 of them were All-Stars, KG and Pierce made the All-NBA teams, KG was DPOY and was in contention for the MVP.

FLDFSU
10-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Yet those 30+ year old farts--had it not been for the Heat--were about to go the Finals 5 straight years...

3 HOF and Rondo vs. Wade (Heat), then vs. Lebron (Cavs), and then Howard (Magic).

Yep seems fair.

And those 30+ year old farts...as of this year were ALL HEAVY CONTRIBUTORS on playoff teams. Not 3 years ago...but just in May and June, KG, Allen, and Pierce were all STILL major factors on playoff teams.

Yep. They were useless 8 years ago though :facepalm

Bigsmoke
10-29-2014, 11:12 AM
LeBron James is a wannabe Paul Pierce :lol

LBJ joined the heat and copied all of the 2008 Celtics techniques and both teams had All Stars on the same positions:lol

Bigsmoke
10-29-2014, 11:15 AM

U didn't see each players numbers the year before?

RRR3
10-29-2014, 11:17 AM
U didn't see each players numbers the year before?
He ignored them because they didn't fit his agenda.

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Im sorry Paul but:

Pierce traded for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett? Damn, didn't know he was the first player-GM in NBA history.

r15mohd
10-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Ahh, the difference is clearly the fact that Lebron, Wade and Bosh had planned to join together in Miami while they were still playing for Cleveland and Toronto.. They colluded. Whereas Boston traded for KG and Ray after they failed a tank job to get Oden/Durant. There was no pre planning by the Boston guys. Boston had to actually give up players/picks for KG and Ray and the Miami guys walked out on their teams as free agents. Bit of a difference.

to this day, I don't understand how anyone can be blamed for fulfilling a contract..."walked out on their team as FREE AGENTS." :facepalm

some of you really need to understand what a contract is and where it ends...what exactly did Lebron, Wade and Bosh owe their respective teams prior to leaving, save for Wade (though he did shop himself around)?

Jlamb47
10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Everyone knows that Pierce is talking about Lebron and his recruiting. Hes a beta that goes to the best team and get players. Only true alpha competitors want to beat the best and Lebron isnt that. He is going to be a top 10 NBA player but a soft one

FLDFSU
10-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Everyone knows that Pierce is talking about Lebron and his recruiting. Hes a beta that goes to the best team and get players. Only true alpha competitors want to beat the best and Lebron isnt that. He is going to be a top 10 NBA player but a soft one

Lebron joined the Spurs? Oh, that's right he joined the 33 win Cavs team...

r15mohd
10-29-2014, 11:44 AM

but i thought it was Wade who recruited? ironic how the stories can never be kept straight on this :rolleyes: funny thing about this is no one here can ever prove any "colluding" (incorrect term btw) came about from the players, especially being drafted up by Wade, Lebron or Bosh. From Riley, there-in lies the "truth".

just ask yourself which is more believable...Wade going to Riley, saying I've reviewed our books and if we do this, in 2010 we can likely get James and Bosh in Miami, and resign myself OR the genius Riley pitching to Wade, who relayed the message to Lebron and Bosh that 2010 is a possibility?

Hittin_Shots
10-29-2014, 12:35 PM
to this day, I don't understand how anyone can be blamed for fulfilling a contract..."walked out on their team as FREE AGENTS." :facepalm

some of you really need to understand what a contract is and where it ends...what exactly did Lebron, Wade and Bosh owe their respective teams prior to leaving, save for Wade (though he did shop himself around)?

Obviously by leaving their team in free agency Miami didn't have to give up assets in a trade like celtics did is his point.. Two prime players considered close to the best at their position joined another. Boston traded several assets to gain two players. If these are considered the same thing I dunno what to tell you.

JohnnySic
10-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Pierce's main point is sound. The league was more fun when the best players practically hated each other and wanted to beat each other.

Imagibe Bird/Magic/Moses Malone in the 80's on the same team. Or Jordan/Drexler/Ewing in the 90's.

Optimus Prime
10-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Liking Pierce more and more...especially since he left the hated Boston Celtics.

:cheers:

:kobe:

Rose'sACL
10-29-2014, 12:57 PM
i can't believe Celtics fans are talking about how league was more fun before the miami big 3.
Celtics aren't close to lakers if you take that very lopsided era of basketball when celtics won most of their rings.
I would take celtics fan bitching abt lebron amd miami big 3 if they say it openly that lakers are easily the best franchise in nba history.

FLDFSU
10-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Pierce's main point is sound. The league was more fun when the best players practically hated each other and wanted to beat each other.

Imagibe Bird/Magic/Moses Malone in the 80's on the same team. Or Jordan/Drexler/Ewing in the 90's.

Can you please explain to me how 3 HOF and Rondo ganging up on Wade, Howard, Bosh, and Lebron enroute to Finals after Finals is "wanting to beat each other"?

I would take Pierce more seriously if KG was on one team, Allen and Rondo on another, and he was on another like Wade, Bosh, Howard, and James...

Then we would get real parity. Instead we had Boston running over everyone through the East Conference, while having 4/5 of the top 5/6 players on the court.

WindmiLL
10-29-2014, 01:16 PM

It is so obvious to anyone who is not s LeBron fan what the difference was. You had three guys join together after 30+ years NBA experience. And then you have another tril colluding in their prime.

So when you punch me in the face and I punch you back much harder, you gonna complain how unfair I was since I punched you harder?

The fact is, Miami is not the first team to have 3 all stars on the same team and it certainly isn't the last one. All this crying about them being in their primes and other bullshit is irrelevant. The opportunity was there and they took advantage of it while doing nothing illegal.

Make a rule that every team is allowed to have just 1 all star player and that's it. Super teams were made in the past so don't be surprised and whine when you see that ''superteaming'' being raised to another level. Shit just progressed like every little thing in this world does.

Like I said. if you punch me first I'm going to punch you back harder because I want to win that fight. I don't care about your whinning how ''that's unfair'' or ''not the same''. You started it so expect it to come back harder and on a larger scale. Everything in this world works that way.

ProfessorMurder
10-29-2014, 01:29 PM
:roll:

Rondo's 10.5/5/4
Perkins' 7/1/6

Top 7 PG and top 10 C everybody. :bowdown:

r15mohd
10-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Obviously by leaving their team in free agency Miami didn't have to give up assets in a trade like celtics did is his point.. Two prime players considered close to the best at their position joined another. Boston traded several assets to gain two players. If these are considered the same thing I dunno what to tell you.

it's definitely not the same thing, but many here believe the players owe the organization something if they decide to leave. that's my angle on it. if said player hasn't renegotiated during the season prior to becoming a free agent, 90% chance he's looking to shop his way around the league...he fulfilled his part, however many over-emotional fans think otherwise :rolleyes:

Dro
10-29-2014, 02:28 PM
:biggums:

You don't see the difference?

Dro
10-29-2014, 03:16 PM

This.......

Dro
10-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I do notice that MOST of the people in this thread who have a problem with what PP said are Lebron fans...Just sayin...

cltcfn2924
10-29-2014, 04:56 PM
i can't believe Celtics fans are talking about how league was more fun before the miami big 3.
Celtics aren't close to lakers if you take that very lopsided era of basketball when celtics won most of their rings.
I would take celtics fan bitching abt lebron amd miami big 3 if they say it openly that lakers are easily the best franchise in nba history.

So now you want to erase complete eras to fulfill your agenda? Unbelievable.

cltcfn2924
10-29-2014, 05:00 PM
So when you punch me in the face and I punch you back much harder, you gonna complain how unfair I was since I punched you harder?

The fact is, Miami is not the first team to have 3 all stars on the same team and it certainly isn't the last one. All this crying about them being in their primes and other bullshit is irrelevant. The opportunity was there and they took advantage of it while doing nothing illegal.

Make a rule that every team is allowed to have just 1 all star player and that's it. Super teams were made in the past so don't be surprised and whine when you see that ''superteaming'' being raised to another level. Shit just progressed like every little thing in this world does.

Like I said. if you punch me first I'm going to punch you back harder because I want to win that fight. I don't care about your whinning how ''that's unfair'' or ''not the same''. You started it so expect it to come back harder and on a larger scale. Everything in this world works that way.

Guys like you just never get it. not one not two not 7..... then went 2-2. That is what the hate is all about. Don't even start about LeQuit.

Cali Syndicate
10-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Year before teaming up:

Pierce- 25 6 and 4
Allen- 26 PPG scorer

The irony.:facepalm

BlackWhiteGreen
10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
I remember when Garnett and Allen moved to the Celtics in free agency too.

Lebowski
10-29-2014, 05:30 PM
I remember when Garnett and Allen moved to the Celtics in free agency too.

lol yeah, me too :oldlol:

BigMacAttack
10-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Couldnt agree more with the truth. LBJ recruiting dudes, getting banged on by PG in the playoffs giving him dap, shit is disgusting.

finchyyy
10-29-2014, 07:00 PM

No no I don't think they owe they're teams anything once they fulfill they're contract, I'm just saying it was bitchmade how they formed the idea to join up while Bron was in Cleveland, Bosh was in Miami.. Whereas Pierce was lucky Danny Ainge made some moves (and that they got ****ed over in the lottery for Durant)

JT123
10-29-2014, 07:11 PM
LOL at all these bitter Celtic fans crying about Lebron taking matters into his own hands and finally getting a few decent teammates.

"The East was only fair when we had 4 future Hall of Famers and Lebron had none" :cry: :cry:

dubeta
10-29-2014, 07:15 PM
LOL at all these bitter Celtic fans crying about Lebron taking matters into his own hands and finally getting a few decent teammates.

"The East was only fair when we had 4 future Hall of Famers and Lebron had none" :cry: :cry:

The second LeBron got help he basically destroyed the Celtics in 5 games in 2011

Then without Bosh, and with a hobbled Wade, LeBron bodybagged them in 2012, with a 45 point special to top it off :applause:

JT123
10-29-2014, 07:18 PM
The second LeBron got help he basically destroyed the Celtics in 5 games in 2011

Then without Bosh, and with a hobbled Wade, LeBron bodybagged them in 2012, with a 45 point special to top it off :applause:
How great is Lebron that he can only be beaten when it's 4 future Hall of Famers against 1? :eek: :bowdown:

dubeta
10-29-2014, 07:20 PM
How great is Lebron that he can only be beaten when it's 4 future Hall of Famers against 1? :eek: :bowdown:

LeGod

Durant and Kobe better collude if they want to beat LeBron anytime soon

Derka
10-29-2014, 07:32 PM

Its not the front office doing the work, its the players themselves colluding. Huge difference.

Dro
10-29-2014, 08:09 PM

So a Lebron fans comes in here and even though there's OTHER people NOT Celtic fans agreeing with Pierce...and still chooses to come in here and make a blanket statement about "bitter Celtic fans"...

Newsflash bro, its not only Celtic/Pierce fans that don't like what Lebron did. But instead of you Lebron fans viewing ANYTHING objectively and refusing to admit anything you get defensive and lash back at "Celtic" fans...Its dangerous how much a stan some of you guys are for a certain player...Even objective Heat fans could understand how and why what Lebron did rubbed some folks the wrong way...But not you Lebron stans....Its all "Lebron is God, Lebron is this, Lebron is perfect"

God damn that shit is so sad....I hope for the sake of humanity that you guys are trolling most of the time....

JT123
10-29-2014, 08:18 PM
So a Lebron fans comes in here and even though there's OTHER people NOT Celtic fans agreeing with Pierce...and still chooses to come in here and make a blanket statement about "bitter Celtic fans"...

Newsflash bro, its not only Celtic/Pierce fans that don't like what Lebron did. But instead of you Lebron fans viewing ANYTHING objectively and refusing to admit anything you get defensive and lash back at "Celtic" fans...Its dangerous how much a stan some of you guys are for a certain player...Even objective Heat fans could understand how and why what Lebron did rubbed some folks the wrong way...But not you Lebron stans....Its all "Lebron is God, Lebron is this, Lebron is perfect"

God damn that shit is so sad....I hope for the sake of humanity that you guys are trolling most of the time....
What Lebron did? :wtf: You seem to be under the impression that Lebron put a gun to Wade and Bosh's heads and forced them to play with him. :facepalm You can accuse me of bias all you want, but you are showing anti Lebron bias yourself by acting like it was only Lebron making the decision to team up, and not a collective decision by Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. :sleeping
And considering Lebron and his team have knocked your Pacers out of the playoffs 3 years in a row, it's not like anyone can expect you be any more objective about this subject than the Celtic fans you are defending.

DatAsh
10-29-2014, 08:35 PM
You do understand that only owners and not players can collude right?

You do understand that if Lin, Parson, and Omer all wanted to join the Orlando Magic that the Magic can say no to all of them--individually or collectively.

Please tell me you understand this simple concept...

Anybody can collude.

JT123
10-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Anybody can collude.
According to the NBA rule book only owners can be guilty of colluding.

Dro
10-29-2014, 09:36 PM
What Lebron did? :wtf: You seem to be under the impression that Lebron put a gun to Wade and Bosh's heads and forced them to play with him. :facepalm You can accuse me of bias all you want, but you are showing anti Lebron bias yourself by acting like it was only Lebron making the decision to team up, and not a collective decision by Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. :sleeping
And considering Lebron and his team have knocked your Pacers out of the playoffs 3 years in a row, it's not like anyone can expect you be any more objective about this subject than the Celtic fans you are defending.
Get outta here with this nonsense...I defend Lebron in PLENTY of threads...I'm the one who gave Lebron and the Heat ALL the credit for beating my team....I've said in a million threads that I LIKE Lebron....Hell I even defended Lebron in one of 3 balls thread about who's a better passer....I'm not a stan like you so address my point...Don't try to lump me into the same biased category that you're in because that's ridiculous...

And why would you knitpick the words I used....You know exactly what I meant, you just don't agree because you're a Lebron stan and you didn't like what I posted so you tried to throw me in the same boat you're in......I'm the one who's objective....I've never seen you be objective about anything having to do with Lebron....You CANNOT say the same for me and you damn well know it....If you don't you need to read some more threads...

atljonesbro
10-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Lol do people actually respect Paul pierce? He's always seemed very bitter that he just was never good enough. How you gonna call out bron for super teams when you did that in 08? He never was very smart

kNIOKAS
10-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Lol do people actually respect Paul pierce? He's always seemed very bitter that he just was never good enough. How you gonna call out bron for super teams when you did that in 08? He never was very smart
uh...

You are not very smart.

Bigsmoke
10-30-2014, 08:16 AM
When the Celtics got together everyone was in their tenth plus season, past their prime. They didn't get together in 2001 it was the summer of 2007. P- Dub his 10th season, Jesus 12th and KG 13th. This was like Hakeem, Clyde and Charles except the Celtics won.

Barkley was talking about retired years before joining the Rocket and Drexler his worst year besides his rookie season in the year The Rockets Big 3 joined together.

Drexler retired 2 years after that superteam was formed band Barkley retired 3 years prior. The Celtics Big 3 are all still playing.

The Celtics big 3 were basically as old as Hakeem in his championship seasons so they couldn't be that old. And Pierce and Allen doesn't need athleticism to be effective.

The Celtics Big 3 would be like Melo, Dwight, and Tony Parker teaming up right now but KG, Pierce, and Allen together are even better.

r15mohd
10-30-2014, 08:47 AM
No no I don't think they owe they're teams anything once they fulfill they're contract, I'm just saying it was bitchmade how they formed the idea to join up while Bron was in Cleveland, Bosh was in Miami.. Whereas Pierce was lucky Danny Ainge made some moves (and that they got ****ed over in the lottery for Durant)

again...none of us know if the idea came out of Wade Bosh or Lebron, Lebron gets the blame bcuz it's Lebron and he can do no right by many here. Go Figure! Bosh is the most intellectual individual out of these 3, how come he doesn't get the blame/praise for it? :rolleyes: :confusedshrug: :facepalm

I personally think Riley constructed the idea, shot Wade a message and had him pitch it to his friends Lebron and Bosh., whether it be during the olympics or calls prior to, whatever the case may be. I doubt Wade was smart enough to start telling Riley that we should do 3yr deals, clear the books, cuz 2010 is gonna be the Heat's blockbuster summer. And I highly doubt Lebron or Bosh phoned Riley with this plan while Wade had just come out a Finals MVP in 2006 and Lebron reaching the Finals in 2007. Doesn't add up.

it's easy to take the scapegoat and point fingers at Lebron Lebron Lebron...but it backdates many years and you cant overlook Riley's mastermind in creating this. It is certainly too much for any one, novice player, to conjure it when they are pretty much unaware of a team's front office matters...it takes a very wise person behind it. That's where the finger points to Riley...and then comes opportunity to Lebron Bosh and Wade, and whoever turns down such an opportunity is pretty much a fool.

anyone in either of their shoes would do the same...especially those looking to add substance to their career. fortunate folks like Kobe with what the Lakers did for him in getting talent, Duncan and how the Spurs ensured adequate talent around him too, and maybe a handful of others players in the league are really the only ones to snub their face at such a notion.

Blue&Orange
10-30-2014, 09:19 AM
And those 30+ year old farts...as of this year were ALL HEAVY CONTRIBUTORS on playoff teams. Not 3 years ago...but just in May and June, KG, Allen, and Pierce were all STILL major factors on playoff teams.

Thanks for pointing out how weak this era is. The weakest since the 40's. My point stands untouched. Nice effort though.

JohnnySic
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Pierce excelled in the Finals despite a horrible career-threatening injury to his knee; LeBron threw in the towel after he got a booboo on his elbow. All you need to know. :pimp: