PDA

View Full Version : 2014-15 NBA GM Survey

T_L_P
10-22-2014, 12:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/nba-com-2014-15-gm-survey/index.html

Too many categories to quote. Spurs are favourites, LeBron is still the best in the world, Paul/Harden/LeBron/Aldridge-Griffin/Howard are the best at their positions, Duncan is b2b best leader, Kevin Durant is most clutch, and Popovich runs the coaching ranks.

rlsmooth775
10-22-2014, 12:48 PM
lol at kd being clutch

Demitri98
10-22-2014, 12:58 PM
lol at kd being clutch
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kevin+durant+clutch

Trollsmasher
10-22-2014, 12:59 PM
lol at kd being clutch
yeah, Durant's career sub 40% shooter in the clutch

GMs:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
10-22-2014, 01:26 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/5dae5ce319163b1b3804f5efc521761f.png

In his fairness, Kobe's and LeBron's clutch numbers aren't good either (At least for LeBron in the regular season), but he's not clutch... Few players today I would classify as clutch.

russwest0
10-22-2014, 01:33 PM
These surveys never mean shit and the GM's don't actually take them seriously.

SugarHill
10-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Why is LeBron the overwhelming favorite to win MVP?

Curry and Westbrook got raped by Paul in best PG discussion.

Best SG discussion is a pure joke if Derozan gets no love and fvcking Squidward is number 2

lol @ LeBron being best perimeter defender

russwest0
10-22-2014, 01:36 PM

Best SG discussion is a pure joke if Derozan gets no love and fvcking Squidward is number 2

The GM's don't take these surveys seriously at all. I think a good chunk of them select options they don't actually support.

SugarHill
10-22-2014, 01:38 PM
The GM's don't take these surveys seriously at all. I think a good chunk of them select options they don't actually support.

Right, and if they followed any agenda that you were pushing, you'd be the one making this thread with smiley faces everywhere :confusedshrug:

russwest0
10-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Right, and if they followed any agenda that you were pushing, you'd be the one making this thread with smiley faces everywhere :confusedshrug:

You mean something like this?

Which player would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?
1. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 76.9%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 7.7%

I don't care, because it's the damn GM survey and these GM's often have a vested interest (even if it is ever so slight) in the public believing one thing as opposed to another. Usually that means the GM's go with the stereotypical choices even if they don't believe it.

russwest0
10-22-2014, 01:45 PM

Because the media votes on the award.

It's the same reason Durant puts up 32/7/6 on 50/39/88 last season in the Western Conference with either Westbrook or 2 starters out almost all year yet nearly every player rank list will have LeBron as #1. He bailed to Cleveland so the attention is on him again.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2014, 02:56 PM
I don't care, because it's the damn GM survey and these GM's often have a vested interest (even if it is ever so slight) in the public believing one thing as opposed to another. Usually that means the GM's go with the stereotypical choices even if they don't believe it.

Please...

Gms go with the obvious answer because its usually just that. Obvious.

You just dont like some of the selections because they conflict with your opinion on what informed people believe.

If they picked Westbrook over Paul there isnt a chance in hell you dont cite it in future arguments on the subject.

russwest0
10-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Please...

Gms go with the obvious answer because its usually just that. Obvious.

You just dont like some of the selections because they conflict with your opinion on what informed people believe.

If they picked Westbrook over Paul there isnt a chance in hell you dont cite it in future arguments on the subject.

If they picked Westbrook over Paul, I wouldn't care. Because it's the GM survey.

The only thing I need to cite in the Westbrook vs Paul debates is Westbrook murdering Paul in the playoffs. Where it matters.

DirkNowitzki41
10-22-2014, 03:26 PM

monta ellis

IncarceratedBob
10-22-2014, 03:31 PM
monta ellis

Yup, easily top 5 We gotta remember that GMs did NOT take into account the defensive side of the ball for this survey...

IMO it's fine.

SugarHill
10-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Yup, easily top 5 We gotta remember that GMs did NOT take into account the defensive side of the ball for this survey...

IMO it's fine.

Squid isn't a top 2 offensive SG :coleman:

Kblaze8855
10-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Sure....you wouldnt care. If Pat Riley or Phil Jackson said Westbrook was better than Paul...you would have no comment. Larry Birds opinion holds no significance. You quote and agree with a few ISH posters who agree with you....but if Rc Buford...former assistant coach under Larry Brown...and later head scout for the spurs...and now GM...he says you are right...you wouldnt act like it matters.

Im shocked at times how much more I know than other fans just a little younger than me. I cant imagine what someone like Ernie Grunfeld has seen. Played with Bernard King in college...was in the NBA 10 years...an assistant coach...and a GM for 25 years.

Thinking he knows what hes talking about.

At least more than I do. Doesnt make him infallible. No level of experience means you wont make mistakes....

But hes certainly not one to dismiss.

Id love a glance at an alternate universe ISH.

People without exception...point to things like this that favor their side. And ignore it when it doesnt.

You are no exception.

These people have miles more credibility than you do.....or me.

Doesnt make them right without question....

But anyone being reasonable would lean to their opinion over yours.

Just a matter of knowledge and relevant experience. If I were one of you id sure as hell pay more attention when Pat Riley talks the game than when I do.

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Nice to see JV got some love.

ShackEelOKneel
10-22-2014, 04:15 PM
One thing more interesting than looking at the opinions of the GMs is looking at their previous year predictions/opinions.

navy
10-22-2014, 04:25 PM
There was nothing out of the ordinary in any of the choices here. Solid survey.

Sakkreth
10-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Nice to see JV got some love.

Well and what they should pick ? The only other logical choice would be Giannis but JV is safer pick by far so he ends up selected by more GMs.

Legends66NBA7
10-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Well and what they should pick ? The only other logical choice would be Giannis but JV is safer pick by far so he ends up selected by more GMs.

Nobody outside of Rap fans give him props. Surprised the GM's have had him for 2 years in a row now as the international player to break through. They see something in him and the Raps coaching staff/players also have to recognize this.

Sakkreth
10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Nobody outside of Rap fans give him props. Surprised the GM's have had him for 2 years in a row now as the international player to break through. They see something in him and the Raps coaching staff/players also have to recognize this.

Personally I don't expect him to breakout, I expect him to steadily improve over next few years at a decent rate.

Thorn
10-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Who is the league's best role player?
1. Boris Diaw, San Antonio -- 11.1%
Kenneth Faried, Denver -- 11.1%

3. Jimmy Butler, Chicago -- 7.4%
Taj Gibson, Chicago -- 7.4%
Manu Ginobili, San Antonio -- 7.4%
Kyle Korver, Atlanta -- 7.4%
Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio -- 7.4%
Wes Matthews, Portland -- 7.4%
Joakim Noah, Chicago -- 7.4%

Also receiving votes: Tony Allen, Memphis; Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Danny Green, San Antonio; Draymond Green, Golden State; Dwight Howard, Houston; Andre Iguodala, Golden State; J.J. Redick, L.A. Clippers
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

JT123
10-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Lebron only the second best defensive player in the NBA? :biggums:
Let me know when Noah guards 1-5. :sleeping

ArbitraryWater
10-22-2014, 06:22 PM

oh my god... lmfaooo

Fire Colangelo
10-22-2014, 06:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nowitness
10-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Lebron only the second best defensive player in the NBA? :biggums:
Let me know when Noah guards 1-5. :sleeping

couldnt even guard a 3 in the finals.

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-1402926516.jpg

ralph_i_el
10-22-2014, 06:34 PM
If I was a GM I'd only being doing joke answers for this

Best Finisher: Austin Rivers :roll:

JT123
10-22-2014, 06:37 PM
couldnt even guard a 3 in the finals.

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-1402926516.jpg
:oldlol: It's already been proven that 85% of Leonard's points were scored when other players were guarding him. Nice try doe.

R.I.P.
10-22-2014, 08:23 PM
If I was a GM I'd only being doing joke answers for this

Best Finisher: Austin Rivers :roll:

The problem is the GM outsources this to an assistant or intern, so that person better be sure his superiors appreciate the humour. That being said the person, who put in that vote for Dwight as a role player, scored big with Kupchak and Kobe. That