PDA

View Full Version : Can it be reasonably argued that the Spurs were the best team in the NBA from 03-07?

ninephive
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
What I mean by that is every season.

I personally believe the '06 team may have been our best team with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all as close to their primes as possible. And you have an unreal supporting cast in Bowen, Horry, Barry, Oberto, etc.

I think the best cases for better teams during those years were the '06 Mavs and '07 Suns. Thoughts?

TheMilkyBarKid
10-06-2014, 05:37 PM
3/5 rings during that time, I dont see why not.

JonatanRey
10-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I think so. You dont need to win every year to be the best team. There a lot of circunstances. Yes, Spurs were the best team every year from 03-07. And the best team in the decade. Lakers second. Tough choice with the third.

Cold soul
10-06-2014, 05:53 PM
I think so. You dont need to win every year to be the best team. There a lot of circunstances. Yes, Spurs were the best team every year from 03-07. And the best team in the decade. Lakers second. Tough choice with the third.

Lakers having head to head W/L record to Spurs in playoffs is enough for me to pick them over the Spurs as best team in the 2000's decade. The Lakers were a dynasty, also the Spurs never once repeated once as champions Lakers did that not once but twice they were the more dominate team. Now if you say Spurs more consistent team in the decade than yes, I agree with you.

Cold soul
10-06-2014, 06:08 PM
As for the question OP I'll say yes the Spurs were best team in NBA years 03-07.

StephHamann
10-06-2014, 06:13 PM
What I mean by that is every season.

I personally believe the '06 team may have been our best team with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all as close to their primes as possible. And you have an unreal supporting cast in Bowen, Horry, Barry, Oberto, etc.

I think the best cases for better teams during those years were the '06 Mavs and '07 Suns. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow :rockon:

T_L_P
10-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Dallas was the best team in 03. 04-07 I'd agree. :cheers:

K Xerxes
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Lakers having head to head W/L record to Spurs in playoffs is enough for me to pick them over the Spurs as best team in the 2000's decade. The Lakers were a dynasty, also the Spurs never once repeated once as champions Lakers did that not once but twice they were the more dominate team. Now if you say Spurs more consistent team in the decade than yes, I agree with you.

Well yeah, Lakers won 4 championships between 2000-2009, including a 3 peat and 2 more finals in 04 and 08. Spurs won 3 championships, none B2B and no more finals. I don't see how it's arguable that the Lakers were team of the decade when the Spurs won ships in both the 90s and 10s.

Now which is the team of the post Jordan era thus far (99-14)? Much more debatable.

PsychoBe
10-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Well yeah, Lakers won 4 championships between 2000-2009, including a 3 peat and 2 more finals in 04 and 08. Spurs won 3 championships, none B2B and no more finals. I don't see how it's arguable that the Lakers were team of the decade when the Spurs won ships in both the 90s and 10s.

Now which is the team of the post Jordan era thus far (99-14)? Much more debatable.

lakers easily and kobe is the best player in the immediate post-jordan era. won more chips for the team that drafted him than any other player.