PDA

View Full Version : Injuries hitting the Lakers hard. Nash tweaks ankle during practice

Cocaine80s
10-04-2014, 09:42 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-steve-nash-tweaked-ankle-in-practice/2014/10/04/

Nash says he feels good but theyre sitting him out anyways.

what is this like the 4th guy hurt now?

JT123
10-04-2014, 09:46 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-steve-nash-tweaked-ankle-in-practice/2014/10/04/

Nash says he feels good but theyre sitting him out anyways.

what is this like the 4th guy hurt now?
Here we go again. :lol Nash is straight up stealing money at this point. Can't say I blame him though.

oh the horror
10-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Here we go again. :lol Nash is straight up stealing money at this point. Can't say I blame him though.

No I don't blame him but this is basically going to be him for this season yet again. It's never a question of his skill, but the man cannot play literally 3 games without an injury now.

Cold soul
10-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Nash said this is his final NBA season. I hope he has few flashes here and there before he retires. I highly doubt he will be able to stay healthy during season which sucks.

qrich
10-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Lakers need to get the Suns staff ASAP

magictricked
10-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Update

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
Lakers PR says Steve Nash "tweaked ankle" expected to practice tonight or tomorrow.

Cold soul
10-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Lakers need to get the Suns staff ASAP

The Lakers should of took Phoenix staff with Nash when that trade happened since we got owned on that trade, badly.

bluechox2
10-04-2014, 11:57 PM
espn just jinxed nash

swagga
10-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Mitch's plan for contention starts with b2b high picks, nash being a team player even when not playing :roll:

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 04:54 AM
does OP even know what a tweaked ankle is? It's a common injury and in most cases, it's a non-factor and takes a day at best to recover from.

Cocaine80s
10-05-2014, 05:53 AM
does OP even know what a tweaked ankle is? It's a common injury and in most cases, it's a non-factor and takes a day at best to recover from.
He rolled his ankle. And it was literally his 3rd practice, not a good sign for a 40 yr old

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 05:58 AM
He rolled his ankle. And it was literally his 3rd practice, not a good sign for a 40 yr old

It's a common injury in basketball, if he didn't break it or sprain it badly, it's a non-factor. From the reports I've seen, it was a minor tweak and he'll be back for the next practice.

Cocaine80s
10-05-2014, 06:01 AM
It's a common injury in basketball, if he didn't break it or sprain it badly, it's a non-factor. From the reports I've seen, it was a minor tweak and he'll be back for the next practice.
Did I say this was a rare injury?

i know spraining an ankle is not the worst injury in the world, Im just saying its not a good sign for a 40 yr old nash

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Did I say this was a rare injury?

i know spraining an ankle is not the worst injury in the world, Im just saying its not a good sign for a 40 yr old nash

Anyone can get injured at any given time bro, it's his last season anyways and if we're talking about bad signs, I'd say the last 2 years have been bad enough for me to completely count Nash out at this point. Every minute he plays this season will be a huge bonus in my eyes. I see Lin becoming a starter a dozen games into the season. Can't have a starter that will most likely miss 30 games at the minimum and a starter who can't play back-to-backs.

Lakers need to use Nash like the Heat used Ray Allen. Play him off the bench and bring him in during clutch situations to hit big jump shots/free throws. That's all we need from him. He doesn't have to be out there 30 minutes a game trying to guard guys that are 20 years younger than him... Play him 20 or so minutes off the bench against back-up guards that he might have an easier time with and use his shooting to keep the opposing defenses honest, that is all.

Cocaine80s
10-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Anyone can get injured at any given time bro, it's his last season anyways and if we're talking about bad signs, I'd say the last 2 years have been bad enough for me to completely count Nash out at this point. Every minute he plays this season will be a huge bonus in my eyes. I see Lin becoming a starter a dozen games into the season. Can't have a starter that will most likely miss 30 games at the minimum and a starter who can't play back-to-backs.

Lakers need to use Nash like the Heat used Ray Allen. Play him off the bench and bring him in during clutch situations to hit big jump shots/free throws. That's all we need from him. He doesn't have to be out there 30 minutes a game trying to guard guys that are 20 years younger than him... Play him 20 or so minutes off the bench against back-up guards that he might have an easier time with and use his shooting to keep the opposing defenses honest, that is all.
But a fully healthy Nash would make this Laker team a lot better. They should just risk his health because they already have decent backups with Lin and Clarkson

ImKobe
10-05-2014, 06:24 AM
But a fully healthy Nash would make this Laker team a lot better. They should just risk his health because they already have decent backups with Lin and Clarkson

Obviously, but he's not gonna be fully healthy at age 40, not after he broke his leg nearly 2 years ago.

beastmode
10-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Nash retired a few years ago and forgot to alert the lakers.

shawbryant
10-05-2014, 06:56 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

coin24
10-05-2014, 07:02 AM

Feels a bit that way:oldlol: