PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for the greats era of NBA

ralph_i_el
10-03-2014, 08:53 AM
With all the NFL scandals+ 3 high school football players dying THIS WEEK, parents are going to stop letting their kids play football.

That means in ~10 years the quality of the NBA is going to be boosted by a bigger talent pool and more money.

I'm ****ing ready :roll:

Edit: I be fuxking up thread titles :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
10-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Doubt it highly. Football is still the most popular sport and guys like JJ Watt that would be lost on a court with elite basketball players are perfect for football.

r15mohd
10-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Doubt it as well...making the NBA is a very tough accomplishment in itself. Filling out 15-18 players over 30 teams, 540 players total at any given time. And this doesn't include players tenure-ship as they build their careers. Not to mention being either very skilled, or very tall, or just an overall knack for the game in general leaps you ahead far and wide.

The NFL has 32 teams and about 53 players on each roster...that's 1696 spots available each year, again not counting tenure-ship of players and their careers. Also, any size person can make the NFL so long as the skill/ability is there. It isn't as favorable in the NBA as it is to the NFL.

ralph_i_el
10-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Doubt it highly. Football is still the most popular sport and guys like JJ Watt that would be lost on a court with elite basketball players are perfect for football.

If JJ watt had been playing basketball from a young age I bet he'd have played D1 college ball at least. He also wouldn't weigh so damn much so I bet he'd have even crazier hops.

Imagine if guys like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald had never picked up a football and instead were basketball players. Not saying specifically that they could be NBA players, but some of those guys at least had a chance at being in the NBA.

Real Men Wear Green
10-03-2014, 09:24 AM
If JJ watt had been playing basketball from a young age I bet he'd have played D1 college ball at least. He also wouldn't weigh so damn much so I bet he'd have even crazier hops.

Imagine if guys like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald had never picked up a football and instead were basketball players. Not saying specifically that they could be NBA players, but some of those guys at least had a chance at being in the NBA.
Does JJ Watt even like basketball? If he has no attraction to the sport then he's not going to work hard at it. And we can't at all be sure what his build is like if he doesn't play football. But if instead of weighing 290, he's 250? 6'5 250 probably isn't a basketball body. And he'd have to have guard skills. The guy was made for football, I'm not sure which other sports he could have been good at but we know what he's great at it.

Big receivers like Megatron and Fitzgerald certainly have athleticism but NBA SGs have a whole skillset that you can't just assume a guy develops. Especially when discussing elites like these two they have found the best sport for their talents. Football is generally better for a raw athlete under 6'5 than basketball.

ralph_i_el
10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Does JJ Watt even like basketball? If he has no attraction to the sport then he's not going to work hard at it. And we can't at all be sure what his build is like if he doesn't play football. But if instead of weighing 290, he's 250? 6'5 250 probably isn't a basketball body. And he'd have to have guard skills. The guy was made for football, I'm not sure which other sports he could have been good at but we know what he's great at it.

Big receivers like Megatron and Fitzgerald certainly have athleticism but NBA SGs have a whole skillset that you can't just assume a guy develops. Especially when discussing elites like these two they have found the best sport for their talents. Football is generally better for a raw athlete under 6'5 than basketball.

:confusedshrug:

More hardworking exceptional athletes playing a sport has to have some effect at the highest level.

Idk all I can imagine now is JJ Watt ballin like Barkley lol