PDA

View Full Version : So if given the same roster as Love, Griffin could lead the Wolves to the playoffs?

k0kakw0rld
09-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Is that what you guys telling me?

dr.hee
09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Is that what you guys telling me?

Who's telling you this? Prime Dirk would though. Also KG and Duncan. Love and Griffin both aren't in this tier yet.

qrich
09-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Maybe not, but he surely wouldn't have combined for 32 victories in 2 seasons :roll:

Real14
09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Nope.

LoneyROY7
09-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Yes. Griffin makes his teammates better.

JT123
09-15-2014, 08:38 PM
I would have to say yes. Griffin led the Clippers to an elite record when Paul was injured last season. Blake is just flat out better than Love.

TheMarkMadsen
09-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Maybe not, but he surely wouldn't have combined for 32 victories in 2 seasons :roll:

are you really counting a year where Love played 60 games and only started 22?

:biggums: :biggums:

last time i checked the guy starting 22 games isn't to blame..

k0kakw0rld
09-15-2014, 09:10 PM
I would have to say yes. Griffin led the Clippers to an elite record when Paul was injured last season. Blake is just flat out better than Love.

So you gonna compare the clippers roster to the wolves? :applause: :roll:

He had a DPOY + a 6th man of the year + a Top 5 coach Let's not act as if he was left out with no team, when CP3 went down. He stepped his game big time, I gotta give him props. The funny thing is most people agree that Griffin would've been in the similar situation as Kevin Love if he was playing with the roster Love had, (No playoffs). So what makes Griffin a top 5 player and Love not. We established that if Love had Griffin's roster he would've been in the playoffs, the same amount of times, Blake did.

SpecialQue
09-15-2014, 09:41 PM

Mods.

FKAri
09-16-2014, 04:24 AM
No.

All Net
09-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Love Blake but no.

masonanddixon
09-16-2014, 04:39 AM
Who's telling you this? Prime Dirk would though. Also KG and Duncan. Love and Griffin both aren't in this tier yet.

Dirk at 35 just got a worse roster to 49 wins.

ralph_i_el
09-16-2014, 08:44 AM
The Twolves had a pretty shitty roster last year and still put up a highly positive point differential. They lost a lot more games than a team with that differential can be expected to lose in the long run.

I'm chocking it up to a fluke season. They lost so many close games and (IIRC) they played the second most OT games after the Wizards.

Their wings absolutely SUCKED, Rubio couldn't win a middle school 3-point contest, and they had 0 rim protection until they discovered Dieng was a beast (part of that is Love's fault for being undersized and floorbound).

What I'm trying to say is, last years Twolves would have made the playoffs most season. With Love or BG. Both of those guys are beasts.

SuperCereal
09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Why not? Blake is black ginger so anything is possible.

senelcoolidge
09-16-2014, 09:55 AM
No matter who you have if you have a crappy roster it's going to be extremely hard to make the playoffs. But Griffin would make them better than Love. Just a better teammate. Unselfish. Lots of drive..hustles and plays hard to the end. Not a great defender, but better than Love.

k0kakw0rld
09-16-2014, 11:44 AM
No matter who you have if you have a crappy roster it's going to be extremely hard to make the playoffs. But Griffin would make them better than Love. Just a better teammate. Unselfish. Lots of drive..hustles and plays hard to the end. Not a great defender, but better than Love.
Blake just started playing defense because he now has a winning team. It's tough to give your all when you responsible for 40% of your team wins and its still not enough. I know Love can be lazy on defense but he has the lower opp PER amongst PFs at 15.05P. League's average is at 17 and Griffin is above that.

I know some of you hate those type of stats but it matters whether you like it or not.

Griffin is no way better than Love offensively or defensively. Put Love in a similar situation and he will play harder of course.

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Blake just started playing defense because he now has a winning team. It's tough to give your all when you responsible for 40% of your team wins and its still not enough. I know Love can be lazy on defense but he has the lower opp PER amongst PFs at 15.05P. League's average is at 17 and Griffin is above that.

I know some of you hate those type of stats but it matters whether you like it or not.

Griffin is no way better than Love offensively or defensively. Put Love in a similar situation and he will play harder of course.

So what exactly is the point of the thread? To prove Kevin Love is better than a glorified ginger Kemp? Big deal. Now what? Just shows how much today's big men suck. This dude is maybe the best PF today? What a joke.

ralph_i_el
09-16-2014, 02:30 PM
So what exactly is the point of the thread? To prove Kevin Love is better than a glorified ginger Kemp? Big deal. Now what? Just shows how much today's big men suck. This dude is maybe the best PF today? What a joke.

pf is absolutely stacked :facepalm
take that shit elsewhere

bdreason
09-16-2014, 03:22 PM
They don't make the playoffs out West.

The Wolves would be a better team with Griffin as the 1st option though.

dr.hee
09-16-2014, 03:34 PM
pf is absolutely stacked :facepalm
take that shit elsewhere

Stacked? When did you start watching basketball? Prime Dirk/KG/Duncan/Webber was stacked. Now it's 10 years later. Not so stacked anymore.

Davis is gonna be awesome though. But Griffin/Aldridge/Love/whoever isn't what we would've called stacked a decade ago, lol.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2014, 03:53 PM
They don't make the playoffs out West.

The Wolves would be a better team with Griffin as the 1st option though.

:biggums: