PDA

View Full Version : Milos Teodosic is definitely an NBA-level player

blood yes
09-12-2014, 04:30 PM
There is no doubt that the NBA is at a much higher level than the Euroleague (after all, only the best of the best OF THE BEST make the NBA, like there is a better chance a person becomes a billionaire than make the NBA)

HOWEVER....

This Teodosic guy is a beast. He is ripping France's defense apart,quite literally. A defense that NBA guards Rubio and Calderon could not.

How does a Lin-Teodosic-Bryant-Randle-Hill lineup look?

ralph_i_el
09-12-2014, 04:34 PM
He's so nasty. He's got that slo-mo game

duskovujosevic
09-12-2014, 07:44 PM
teodosic is backup PG level in NBA.

All Net
09-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Anybody have his rights?

duskovujosevic
09-12-2014, 07:52 PM
nope, he wasn't drafted

jzek
09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
nope, he wasn't drafted

Says it all, really...

MP.Trey
09-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Says it all, really...
Ben Wallace agrees. So does John Starks & Jose Calderon.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Obv I'll be rooting for the US, but I wanna see him play well too.

teodosic is backup PG level in NBA.

If Calderon is a starter, than Teodosic is definitely one. Guy is a wizard out there.

USABall
09-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Spurs, Utah, Phoenix? Wonder if he would fit in there.

ProfessorMurder
09-12-2014, 08:31 PM
He's so nasty. He's got that slo-mo game

Yeah I like it a lot. Great game by him. Bran fans would jizz at his efficiency today.

HomieWeMajor
09-12-2014, 08:35 PM
inb4 2-12 shooting on Sunday

bdreason
09-12-2014, 11:46 PM
There are plenty of NBA caliber players in Europe. The question is whether or not they can get the money and the playtime they want in the NBA.

Teodosic is starting caliber NBA point guard... but the position is STACKED. I don't know how much he's making in Europe, but in the NBA he'd probably get 5-9m per year, and might not even be guaranteed a starting spot depending on the team he lands on.

imnew09
09-13-2014, 03:01 AM
Played against another college level...

He's D league at best in the U.S

alexd
09-13-2014, 04:16 AM
great player but he has the westbrook mentality.can be dominant but he has games where you say son wtf are u doing?especially when he has an off night and he shoots from far beyond the 3point line.But when he s under control he s a great player

Genaro
09-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Talent wise he could play in the NBA but he earns a lot of money on CSKA and gets to be a starter with heavy minutes, I don't think he would want to trade all that to be a backup PG earning less money in the NBA.

R.I.P.
09-13-2014, 04:55 AM
Talent wise he could play in the NBA but he earns a lot of money on CSKA and gets to be a starter with heavy minutes, I don't think he would want to trade all that to be a backup PG earning less money in the NBA.

Would have been the perfect starter for the Mavericks next to Ellis. Unfortunately now he has signed a new four year deal with CSKA, so they cannot get him next summer, in case they miss out on Dragic, Bledsoe and Rondo.

SpanishACB
09-13-2014, 05:14 AM
there is a better chance a person becomes a billionaire than make the NBA

of course there isn't, are you dumb?

BoutPractice
09-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Of course. It's not even a question imo.

His qualities translate remarkably well to the modern NBA game. He's got that ultra valuable Nash/Curry skill set: the ability to find the open man on the pick and roll, and a deadly 3 pointer he can launch from anywhere. I'd say he's more of a passer than Curry but more shooting oriented than Nash, he's somewhere in between. Like both of them he can be a cold blooded assassin in the clutch. He's fearless... (which means sometimes it'll be a brick too)

I remember he was an absolute beast for Olympiacos in 2009/2010: 13.5 ppg, 5 apg in 30 mpg, with 42 3P% and a near 50/40/90, won the Euroleague MVP, led them to the Final Four. He's still in his prime (27), although his shooting is getting more and more inconsistent. But if you're able to dish out 5 apg in the Euroleague AND have near 50/40/90 percentages, NBA teams should be very interested.

I'd love to see him in the NBA some day. He's still young... He's also one of the coolest players in the game. Looks like he just leapt out of bed, didn't even have time to shave or style his hair... he almost seems bored to be playing against you. "Here we go again..." And then he just destroys you.

Unlike Spanoulis I think he could take not being the go-to guy and focus on ball distribution at first. But of course you never know, I had high hopes for Jasikevicius but somehow that didn't happen, playing under Carlisle too... He's a bit inconsistent, sometimes seems like he's not playing to his full potential.

And in any case, it's probably not going to happen. He's a highly paid star in the Euroleague, the sort of situation that's not easy to leave.

Fiba basketball
09-13-2014, 05:47 AM
great player but he has the westbrook mentality.can be dominant but he has games where you say son wtf are u doing?especially when he has an off night and he shoots from far beyond the 3point line.But when he s under control he s a great player

That was before, he changed over the years he was in CSKA.

Nick Young
09-13-2014, 06:45 AM
He is the Serbian Spanoulis, I see him averaging a cool 2.8 ppg once he makes the jump across the ocean:rockon:

fandarko
09-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Played against another college level...

You don't have a clue, don't you...

Teodosic has played the highest level of international competition since he was 20, was the MVP of the Serbian time on the European Championship in Poland (silver medal) five years ago, excellent on the WC in 2010, hit countless clutch shots, has Rubio-like vision and passing, while being an infinitely better shooter.

He has been playing for Russian powerhouse CSKA Moscow, basically a NBA playoff team quality bunch, for 3 years now. He's getting $$$ and royalty treatment there, so he doesn't care much about NBA exposure.

While being a poor defender, he could easily play and Calderon like role in the NBA. He's 6-6 in shoes, so he could post some PGs too.

You'll see in the finals how he fares against top NBA PGs in Curry, Kyrie and Rose.

Dr Hawk
09-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Of course he is. There are a lot less talented NBA point guards. Ricky, for instance.

Eric Cartman
09-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Dude is a beast no doubt.

Imagine him playing with the Mavs :eek:

blood yes
09-13-2014, 12:53 PM
of course there isn't, are you dumb?
Yes there is you dumb ****. There are over 1500 billionaires in the world.

There are 500 nba players

I don't think you realize just how ****ing hard it is to make the nba

There are guys who absolutely dominate the college d1 level like Peyton siva who can barely make an nba roster

The nba is truly for the absolute elite

veilside23
09-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis anyone?

stalkerforlife
09-13-2014, 09:53 PM
I was going to make this thread, too.

Teodosic really impressed me.

There are a lot of players that could easily play in the NBA, but choose not to be part of the BS the league is about.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-13-2014, 10:11 PM
There are a lot of players that could easily play in the NBA, but choose not to be part of the BS the league is about.

This may sound sacrilegious (not a terrorist I SWEAR!), but I wanna see this dude just wreak havoc out there tomorrow. Get sick and tired of uninformed Americans thinking these euro PGs cant play or are just busts like V-Span.

In reality, many are far more fundamental/skilled because the lack of athleticism.

stalkerforlife
09-13-2014, 10:24 PM
This may sound sacrilegious (not a terrorist I SWEAR!), but I wanna see this dude just wreak havoc out there tomorrow. Get sick and tired of uninformed Americans thinking these euro PGs cant play or are just busts like V-Span.

In reality, many are far more fundamental/skilled because the lack of athleticism.

I've been hoping team USA would lose ever since they cut Parsons, Hayward, and Korver.

But I don't think you can consider V-Span a bust, simply because he never got a real opportunity to perform.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-13-2014, 10:28 PM
But I don't think you can consider V-Span a bust, simply because he never got a real opportunity to perform.

Yeah his attitude was shit, but guess that's understandable when you know you're legit but not getting PT.

Sakkreth
09-14-2014, 02:21 AM
Wow really ? Noone was aware of that before :eek:

FKAri
09-14-2014, 05:53 AM

There are guys who absolutely dominate the college d1 level like Peyton siva who can barely make an nba roster

I agree with him. There's probably even less professional Donkey Kong players in the world too (I don't have a clue tbh). That doesn't make it any harder.

BTW I'm the GOAT napkin folder in the world.

dgaras
09-14-2014, 04:05 PM
he moves like an nba guard to me :confusedshrug: on offense hes as good as many pgs

jamal99
09-18-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm reading in local media that 7 NBA teams are interested in signing Teodosic. Allegedly it's Grizzlies, 76ers, Suns, Jazz, Magic, Hawks and Pistons.

fandarko
09-18-2014, 12:24 PM
he moves like an nba guard to me :confusedshrug: on offense hes as good as many pgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a38TQ83UauI

No shit? He is at least as good as Calderon, less composed and certainly far more talented in offense.

As good as a passer as Rubio. Equally flashy, infinitely better shooter. Great size 6-5 without shoes. Poor defender.

Earns like 3,5 million tax free in hot ***** capital of the world, Moscow. It's like making 6 million in the NBA, if you factor in the tax.

No chance in hell he comes over.

R.I.P.
09-18-2014, 01:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a38TQ83UauI

No shit? He is at least as good as Calderon, less composed and certainly far more talented in offense.

As good as a passer as Rubio. Equally flashy, infinitely better shooter. Great size 6-5 without shoes. Poor defender.

Earns like 3,5 million tax free in hot ***** capital of the world, Moscow. It's like making 6 million in the NBA, if you factor in the tax.

No chance in hell he comes over.

He made a huge mistake signing a new contract before the World Cup. He

R.I.P.
09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm reading in local media that 7 NBA teams are interested in signing Teodosic. Allegedly it's Grizzlies, 76ers, Suns, Jazz, Magic, Hawks and Pistons.

Suns and Hawks are by far the most interesting on that list. They have the space for a competitive offer. Also play a style of basketball that should suit him. He

jamal99
09-18-2014, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]He made a huge mistake signing a new contract before the World Cup. He

R.I.P.
09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
This deal is really holding him down right now. It was good when he signed it, 7 million euros for 3 years. But he would be 30 when it ends and buyout is probably huge right now. What is the max amount NBA teams can pay, 500-600k? Cuz it would probably be few millions more than that...

Something like that. You always have to consider that the first NBA contract these European top stars sign is likely not a big financial improvement over their European deal. It

jamal99
09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
His desire to sign for an NBA team is still unclear tho. He didn't talk much about it and seems really ok playing for CSKA, but I think this attention from NBA teams can perusade him, but there's still that fresh contract...

Levity
09-18-2014, 03:14 PM
would be really cool to see him with the Pacers. hes the type of player they could use right now, itd allow him to develop his NBA game for a year, possible raise his value for his next contract, and then possibly compete the following season once PG returns.

Maga_1
09-18-2014, 08:51 PM
I read somewhere that he would only come to NBA this year if the contract for THIS year is more then 3 Million.

oarabbus
09-19-2014, 03:24 AM

Come on man. There are NBA players that could play football or other sports. There are also players from football or other sports that could definitely play in the NBA if they dedicated themselves to it.

On the other hand, if you aren't a billionaire, you aren't a billionaire.

In any given year, the free agent pool of people who COULD make an NBA team is well over 1500. That's not even including the dudes from other sports.

BoutPractice
09-19-2014, 06:49 AM
It's simply not true that all those who aren't playing in the NBA right now, can't. It's just a question of supply and demand. From a pure talent/productivity perspective, end of bench types are fairly replaceable with current bench players from the best leagues in the world. Think Oliver Lafayette, DeMarcus Nelson (who, to prove my point, both played in the NBA) etc. Some important bench players are even replaceable by important international bench players, though you'd then have to narrow it down: Reyes, Llull types.

A lot of starters in Europe can also be starters in the NBA (or at least great sixth men types). We saw it with Scola, Navarro, Fernandez, Calderon, Splitter, Batum and many others... Teodosic I would say belongs to that group. Not the Gasol, potential all-nba teamer group, but the good starter group.

SpanishACB
09-19-2014, 08:03 AM
yeah, it's 3 millions what separates him from a NBA team

Lebron23
07-22-2015, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiGbfz0hhLg

I love to see him in the NBA. He might be a serviceable point guard.