PDA

View Full Version : Jordan , Kobe , Lebron & Bird.

HOoopCityJones
09-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Lebron and Kobe are among the only players in NBA history to crack the top 10 in postseason points & assists.

In company with Top 5 greats , yet both fanbases think neither are Top 10 all time? Maybe you just don't know Basketball. :confusedshrug:

theoneneo
09-04-2014, 12:46 PM
It's just Stan wars, realistically both will end up in the TOP 5 when it's all said and done, Kobe definitely , Lebron still has to capture a few more titles but it's possible. I'm a Kobe Stan but I like Lebron, and usually when Kobe isn't playing, deep down I would rather Lebron win, it's just dealing with his stans that causes me to not publicly admit it.

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
It's just Stan wars, realistically both will end up in the TOP 5 when it's all said and done, Kobe definitely , Lebron still has to capture a few more titles but it's possible. I'm a Kobe Stan but I like Lebron, and usually when Kobe isn't playing, deep down I would rather Lebron win, it's just dealing with his stans that causes me to not publicly admit it.

No they won't

Nowitness
09-04-2014, 01:00 PM
:biggums:

jordan, russell, kareem, shaq, magic, duncan, bird and hakeem are all ahead of kobe easily.

all of those + wilt. moses,west, oscar, elgin, dirk, kg are ahead of lebrick.

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 01:05 PM

jordan, russell, kareem, shaq, magic, duncan, bird and hakeem are all ahead of kobe easily.

:roll:

Megabox!
09-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Why do you always type stupid shit?

moe94
09-04-2014, 01:58 PM

I'm not even comfortable having LeBron in my top 50.

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm not even comfortable having LeBron in my top 50.

I'm not sure he should even be in the top 100

choppermagic
09-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Kobe will end up top 3 in all time scoring, No 1 in playoff scoring, and a host of other records to his name. It's going to be hard to ignore his entire career. He's ending up top 10, with a shot at top 5 for sure.

lebron, I'm not sure where he's going to end up. He's at the peak of his ESPN hype right now, but when he starts to fade and other stars are hyped, people will get a better perspective at where he stands. Right now, 2 rings on a colluded team might not go far in the eyes of many.

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 02:25 PM
i think if you go up to 100,000 people on the street and take a survey. theyel list these guys as the top players of all time

- michael jordan
- magic johnson
- larry bird
- kobe bryant
- wilt chamberlain

theyre the 5 biggest names in basketball history. and theyre all insanely accomplished.

this is probably the real top 5 ever.

only on message boards do you see guys like russell, duncan or shaq make it high on lists

lebron is close to bumping wilt

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 02:27 PM
i think if you go up to 100,000 people on the street and take a survey. theyel list these guys as the top players of all time

- michael jordan
- magic johnson
- larry bird
- kobe bryant
- wilt chamberlain

theyre the 5 biggest names in basketball history. and theyre all insanely accomplished.

this is probably the real top 5 ever.

only on message boards do you see guys like russell, duncan or shaq make it high on lists

lebron is close to bumping wilt

How is Kobe ahead of, or more accomplished than Russell or Kareem?

SamuraiSWISH
09-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I only rate my top ten based on what I've seen in context. I just missed the Bird v.s. Magic era. If I were to include what I know in terms of the history of the game things would be different. But for me?

MJ, Kobe, and LeBron are the three greatest perimeter players I've ever seen. Both easily in my top five. All three were elite, efficient volume scorers, could distribute, but more importantly all played defense ... and elevated their teams to championships.

Samurai's Top Five All-Time * since '89

1) MJ
2) LeBron
3) Kobe
4) Shaq
5) Duncan or Hakeem

KirbyPls
09-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I only rate my top ten based on what I've seen in context. I just missed the Bird v.s. Magic era. If I were to include what I know in terms of the history of the game things would be different. But for me?

MJ, Kobe, and LeBron are the three greatest perimeter players I've ever seen. Both easily in my top five. All three were elite, efficient volume scorers, could distribute, but more importantly all played defense ... and elevated their teams to championships.

1) MJ
2) LeBron
3) Kobe
4) Shaq
5) Duncan or Hakeem

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 02:34 PM

1) MJ
2) LeBron
3) Kobe
4) Shaq
5) Duncan or Hakeem

I literally have these 5 players in the 7-11 range all time, ranking them is an extremely difficult task

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 02:35 PM
How is Kobe ahead of, or more accomplished than Russell or Kareem?

i didnt say it was my list. i have russell and kareem ahead of kobe ( infact i have them arguable goats )

its magic and bird i have behind kobe

i'm saying in the real world magic, bird, kobe are leaps and bounds more popular than kareem and russell

and to be a top 5 player all time in the real world you have to be a polarizing guy with the accomplishments to back it up

i think

jordan
magic
bird
kobe

are the most polarizing guys in nba history... lebron is on his way to that level IMO

and to the guys saying duncan... LOL good luck with that. theres people in texas who dont know who he is yet

SouBeachTalents
09-04-2014, 02:36 PM
i didnt say it was my list. i have russell and kareem ahead of kobe ( infact i have them arguable goats )

its magic and bird i have behind kobe

i'm saying in the real world magic, bird, kobe are leaps and bounds more popular than kareem and russell

and to be a top 5 player all time in the real world you have to be a polarizing guy with the accomplishments to back it up

i think

jordan
magic
bird
kobe

are the most polarizing guys in nba history... lebron is on his way to that level IMO

and to the guys saying duncan... LOL good luck with that. theres people in texas who dont know who he is yet

LeBron's been extremely polarizing since his decision telecast. That first year in Miami he faced as much criticism and scrutiny as any player in NBA history

SamuraiSWISH
09-04-2014, 02:41 PM
I literally have these 5 players in the 7-11 range all time, ranking them is an extremely difficult task
I think LeBron is clearly better than Magic. Even as his resume stands right now. It's not popular opinion yet, but I believe it to be true. I judge more based off people's actual game.

kennethgriffin
09-04-2014, 02:44 PM
whats the point of acccomplishing anything if nobody knows or cares to know you accomplished it

- tim duncan

he should have tried flying "OVER" the radar during his career. its too bad he was always hiding from the planet with his shy behavior and no emotion

dude was too nice. too polite. too soft spoken. not fun to watch in any way shape or form. his moves were dull. he willingly took a back seat allot of the time. and yeah it worked. he got ginobili, parker and kawhi to pick up the slack allot of the time. and he coasted to a ring or 2. but my god. its not always about self satisfaction. at some point you have to try and live up to others expectations

and people want superhero's. people only remember what is memorable

duncan never made an impact on society. and thats why he could win 6 or 7 rings and he'd still be behind kobe

same reason bird only needed 3 rings to be one of the top 3 legends.. or why wilt only needed 2 rings

theyre both more memorable than duncan cause they knew how to please the crowd

win the crowd. and win your freedom. duncan would never have survived as a gladiator