PDA

View Full Version : Kobe MVP chants in road arenas.....

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Pretty good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr-P6J0k8XI

Sickest game by an opposing player....look at the buzz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SQop5DWw8

ImKobe
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Best part was when Kobe got MVP chants in Boston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

Frozen1
09-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Kobe was robbed of an MVP in the 12-13 season in my opinion.

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Best part was when Kobe got MVP chants in Boston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

I watched that game live. Loved it. I respect Boston fans that night.

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 09:49 AM

He was robbed about 3 years.

I remember Bird saying he would give up his MVP awards if Kobe never got one.

JohnFreeman
09-04-2014, 09:50 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SwayDizzle
09-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Now that's what I call entertainment. Much like MJ, Kobe is able to captivate the whole crowd with his skill and ruthless drive to win. Top 5 GOAT right here, there's a reason for it.

dubeta
09-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Nothing special tbh, the fans are just sympathizing that he only has 1 MVP

SwayDizzle
09-04-2014, 09:55 AM
true

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Now that's what I call entertainment. Much like MJ, Kobe is able to captivate the whole crowd with his skill and ruthless drive to win. Top 5 GOAT right here, there's a reason for it.

I remember as a kid seeing the Forum filled with MJ jerseys when the Bulls were in town. People like to say there are a lot of Laker fans, which is true, but all those away-Laker fans wear more #24 and #8 jerseys than regular Laker gear.

Even we don't see the best players of today have that kind of impact. Shaq never had that impact or even Duncan.

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Nothing special tbh, the fans are just sympathizing that he only has 1 MVP

That is why I don't really value MVP awards because as a Laker fan I got to see people from opposing arenas chant MVP for Kobe. That is worth more than any trophy.

He was the People's MVP.

SwayDizzle
09-04-2014, 10:06 AM
That is why I don't really value MVP awards because as a Laker fan I got to see people from opposing arenas chant MVP for Kobe. That is worth more than any trophy.

He was the People's MVP.
What Kobe was able to do in that Atlanta game, in his 17th season nonetheless, is nothing short of extraordinary. That longevity is propelling him up the GOAT ranks.

G.O.A.T
09-04-2014, 10:11 AM
These threads make me sad.

9erempiree
09-04-2014, 10:14 AM
These threads make me sad.

I feel you man. There won't be anything like this for a long time. Nobody in the league presently can give us so much entertainment.

choppermagic
09-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I feel you man. There won't be anything like this for a long time. Nobody in the league presently can give us so much entertainment.

This. When he retires and NBA fans wonder where all the "larger than life" figures are, they will appreciate Kobe more. Guy was a lightning rod for the league for a long time. Respect an All time great.

Haymaker
09-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Kobe's career is weird. I'm pretty sure that if he had come to the league much later, he would be appreciated even more. He came out while MJ was still active and so many people hated on him because of his MJ obsession but they failed to see that he also had MJ's drive to win and desire to be great. Clearly a more driven and passionate player than the current crop of elite franchise players. He will be missed. Let's hope he can play at a high level for a couple of extra seasons. And this is coming from a Spurs fan who has many reasons to hate on him. :mad:

HOoopCityJones
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM
" I think Kobe is the best player in our league and I think he's been the best player for a long time, not to take anything away from anybody else. You know, somebody told me the other day that [Kobe] hasn't won an MVP trophy, and it sort of made me feel like I want to go throw mine away, so that's how much respect I have for the guy."

- Larry Bird

SwayDizzle
09-04-2014, 12:12 PM
" I think Kobe is the best player in our league and I think he's been the best player for a long time, not to take anything away from anybody else. You know, somebody told me the other day that [Kobe] hasn't won an MVP trophy, and it sort of made me feel like I want to go throw mine away, so that's how much respect I have for the guy."

- Larry Bird
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Larry Legend, calling it like it is.

BlackWhiteGreen
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
I guess we can act like these are fans of the other team chanting it, not just Laker fans in the building.

riseagainst
09-04-2014, 01:23 PM

- Larry Bird

:bowdown:

Magic 32
09-04-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIvYzNeVnhM&t=22m58s

ImKobe
09-04-2014, 03:55 PM

- Larry Bird

But I'm sure some stupid troll here will find a way to discredit the words of Larry Legend.

GODbe
09-04-2014, 03:57 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT:pimp: .

aj1987
09-04-2014, 04:05 PM

- Larry Bird
Source?

The new stars are not as fun to watch as Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc.

Hey Yo
09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I guess we can act like these are fans of the other team chanting it, not just Laker fans in the building.
Lakers have the biggest collection of out of state bandwagon fans in the country.

ImKobe
09-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Source?

The new stars are not as fun to watch as Kobe, Wade, LeBron, etc.

From 2008, during Kobe's MVP season

http://lakernation.com/larry-legend-bird-drops-mad-love-for-kb24/

kNIOKAS
09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Kobe is like Putin. Embraced for being a nut. Pretty strange, but people like stuff they can't relate to.

aj1987
09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
From 2008, during Kobe's MVP season

http://lakernation.com/larry-legend-bird-drops-mad-love-for-kb24/
:bowdown:

NZStreetBaller
09-04-2014, 04:40 PM

- Larry Bird

Coming from larry is huge. the guy is hardcore boston and fought tonnes of battles against lakers. I think much like kobe bryant, larry bird understand hardwork and wanting to win alot more then flashy razzle dazzle over hyped players