JohnMax
09-03-2014, 09:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tmz1R8f.jpg

navy
09-03-2014, 09:57 PM
NBA da GOAT

Meticode
09-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Isn't Blatche still a free agent as well?

Smook A.
09-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't know why an NBA team hasn't signed Andray Blatche yet... The guy can still be a productive player for really any NBA team right now.

Dr.J4ever
09-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Perfect illustration of why NBA statistics have to be put in context, and not taken literally like some stat geeks do here.

Where are the great US scorers on this list from Team USA? Isn't Davis better than Blatche? Isn't Curry better than Barea?

As I have repeated again and again, stats are a function of opportunity, system, and team structure. Player A could average 5ppg for one team, and suddenly score 15ppg for another, given the opportunity.

At the end of the day, what really matters in determining who are the better scorers or overall players? Stats? No, winning. If Team USA wins the Gold in this tournament, it won't matter who were the leading scorers, and which players Fiba chooses to be on their "mythical team", winning is ultimately what will determine which team has the best players.

King Boozer
09-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Does IND have any way to sign Blatche? I think they were capped out but might get some kind of exception due to the George injury?

PHX also comes to mind. Just spit balling.

I<3NBA
09-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Team USA scores by committee. not one player needs to score all the points to win. but if you watch their games, you'd usually see 5+ players in double figures. that's fkn fantastic team play. most of their wins are also blow outs, so the scorers are taken out before they can pad more stats.

look at the high scorers on that list. they are usually the only focus of their team's offense.

no pun intended
09-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Scola destroying FIBA like always. Remember when he averaged 27.1 ppg in the 2010 tournament? Dude straight up beasting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frH8u3yN3_8

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Luis_Scola_by_Brenda_Staples_Photography.jpg/640px-Luis_Scola_by_Brenda_Staples_Photography.jpg

inclinerator
09-04-2014, 02:31 AM
scola looks scary as ***

Dr.J4ever
09-04-2014, 02:36 AM
Team USA scores by committee. not one player needs to score all the points to win. but if you watch their games, you'd usually see 5+ players in double figures. that's fkn fantastic team play. most of their wins are also blow outs, so the scorers are taken out before they can pad more stats.

look at the high scorers on that list. they are usually the only focus of their team's offense.

Yes, you are right. I will copy paste what I said in my post above:

"As I have repeated again and again, stats are a function of opportunity, system, and team structure. Player A could average 5ppg for one team, and suddenly score 15ppg for another, given the opportunity. "

SamuraiSWISH
09-04-2014, 02:43 AM

:applause:

Gets It

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-04-2014, 02:44 AM
Scola cant score for shit on the Pacers:facepalm :facepalm if he wasnt such a bum in the NBA Pacers wouldve done alot better in the playoffs

Kvnzhangyay
09-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Scola cant score for shit on the Pacers:facepalm :facepalm if he wasnt such a bum in the NBA Pacers wouldve done alot better in the playoffs
I think it was more of a matter of Defensive capabilities

SpanishACB
09-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Perfect illustration of why NBA statistics have to be put in context, and not taken literally like some stat geeks do here.

Where are the great US scorers on this list from Team USA? Isn't Davis better than Blatche? Isn't Curry better than Barea?

As I have repeated again and again, stats are a function of opportunity, system, and team structure. Player A could average 5ppg for one team, and suddenly score 15ppg for another, given the opportunity.

At the end of the day, what really matters in determining who are the better scorers or overall players? Stats? No, winning. If Team USA wins the Gold in this tournament, it won't matter who were the leading scorers, and which players Fiba chooses to be on their "mythical team", winning is ultimately what will determine which team has the best players.

:applause:

boxscores are the worst cancer to basketball.

SpanishACB
09-04-2014, 05:18 AM

so Spain relies on Gasol to win?

Gasol has played the best basketball this tournament, and it's not because he's getting more touches than anyone else it's because he's playing better than anyone else.

The only way Harden and the such could lead the league in scoring is if they had twice as many touches, because their % is what it is.

ImKobe
09-04-2014, 08:38 AM
outside of Pau, you have a bunch of scrub to average NBA players leading the FIBA tournament in scoring.

Redoks
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM

+1111111111111111111111

Sakkreth
09-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Scola destroying FIBA like always. Remember when he averaged 27.1 ppg in the 2010 tournament? Dude straight up beasting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frH8u3yN3_8

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Luis_Scola_by_Brenda_Staples_Photography.jpg/640px-Luis_Scola_by_Brenda_Staples_Photography.jpg

He got shut down by young lithuanian team in 2010, and sent home in a blow out loss in quarter finals as a result of that. :applause:
That once again suggests that what Dr.J4ever wrote was correct. And I agree with his post.