LeBron > Kobe > Dr. J > Tmac > Vince > Wade

LEBRON"KING KONG" JAMES :applause:

YOU KNOW WHAT IS KING KONG:roll:

Fudge
08-26-2014, 02:48 AM
The GOAT Dr. J.

bizil
08-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Peak wise, Lebron! But career wise, I feel Dr. J is the GOAT SF in terms of total basketball resume (ABA and NBA)! Dr. J's TOTAL resume only takes a backseat to MJ and Magic in terms of perimeter players! EVerybody else is arguable or Doc has the edge!

oarabbus
08-26-2014, 02:55 AM
LeBron is better than Dr. J.Also Bird.

JohnFreeman
08-26-2014, 02:58 AM
LeBron is the greatest small forward ever

SouBeachTalents
08-26-2014, 03:08 AM

How was Vince better than Wade?

Dr.J4ever
08-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Peak wise, Lebron! But career wise, I feel Dr. J is the GOAT SF in terms of total basketball resume (ABA and NBA)! Dr. J's TOTAL resume only takes a backseat to MJ and Magic in terms of perimeter players! EVerybody else is arguable or Doc has the edge!

This.

In the summer of 1976, right before the merger, Doc had just devastated a Denver Nugget team in the last ABA Finals averaging 37.7ppg against the best defensive forward in either league in Bobby Jones. This is a Denver team that in it's first merged NBA season would have the 2nd best record in the NBA, just a game or two off the Lakers.

At that point, it sure looked like Erving was the greatest SF in history. So let's give Lebron time. For sure, there has never been the combination of physical talents in a Lebron ever, but to this point he only has 2 titles.

Doc, of course, has 3 titles in 6 finals apperances(ABA and NBA). So there.

Kvnzhangyay
08-26-2014, 03:16 AM
Sorry breh but Lebron and its not "too" close. The only SF i feel that has an argument over Bird is Bran (Personally I have Bran over him but I understand why others don't)

fourkicks44
08-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Lebron would have never played in the ABA. Would have played in the white boy NBA.

Lebron won't even enter a dunk contest. Dr J invented them.

stanlove1111
08-26-2014, 11:08 AM
This.

In the summer of 1976, right before the merger, Doc had just devastated a Denver Nugget team in the last ABA Finals averaging 37.7ppg against the best defensive forward in either league in Bobby Jones. This is a Denver team that in it's first merged NBA season would have the 2nd best record in the NBA, just a game or two off the Lakers.

At that point, it sure looked like Erving was the greatest SF in history. So let's give Lebron time. For sure, there has never been the combination of physical talents in a Lebron ever, but to this point he only has 2 titles.

Doc, of course, has 3 titles in 6 finals apperances(ABA and NBA). So there.

Another ignorant only titles matters post..If I ran board you would be banned for 2 weeks for that crap...It gets really old.

I am not counting ABA titles, they were not the best team in the world..

In 1983 Erving was not even the best player on his team..I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

LeBron was clearly the better player although Irving is ws great.

navy
08-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Dr. J, King of the ABA

Magic 32
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/q22mzwfrCwzny/giphy.gif

:bowdown:

http://i.giflike.com/GMIBOt4.gif

:facepalm

riseagainst
08-26-2014, 11:14 AM

:roll:

Kblaze8855
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM

Eh. By the end it was kinda similar. The 76 Nuggets lost in 6 to Doctor J...next season they lost to the NBA champion blazers in the same 6 games. They had the second best record in the NBa...and took the Blazers to 6 games while the Lakers with Kareem and the best record in the NBA got swept.

The 76 nuggets who Doc wiped out...had 3 1977 NBA all stars...2 of them in the HOF. And the one that isnt was a 10 time all D teamer.

Doc gets no credit for beating the team that had the second best record in the NBA the very next season? They had a better record than the actual 77 NBA champs.

They were more than solid...

navy
08-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Eh. By the end it was kinda similar. The 76 Nuggets lost in 6 to Doctor J...next season they lost to the NBA champion blazers in the same 6 games. They had the second best record in the NBa...and took the Blazers to 6 games while the Lakers with Kareem and the best record in the NBA got swept.

The 76 nuggets who Doc wiped out...had 3 1977 NBA all stars...2 of them in the HOF. And the one that isnt was a 10 time all D teamer.

Doc gets no credit for beating the team that had the second best record in the NBA the very next season? They had a better record than the actual 77 NBA champs.

Doctor J is criminally underrated. :facepalm

zoom17
08-26-2014, 11:27 AM

That landing was funny and if that was D-rose torn acl.

Rolando
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Doctor J is criminally underrated. :facepalm

I always thought so. Having grown up in the 70's, the basketball world was dominated by 2 names: Kareem and Doctor J.

HurricaneKid
08-26-2014, 12:05 PM
In 1983 Irving was not even the best player on his team..I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

So confused. In 1983 Kyrie hadn't even been born. So he certainly wasn't the best player on the team.

Dr.J4ever
08-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Nice:applause:

Let's also not forget that the Blazers were reinforced by ABA stalwart Maurice Lucas at PF. If i this was a pure ABA vs. NBA title face off, the Blazers would not have the services of the ABA dispersal draft . ABA teams who joined the NBA were not allowed to join that dispersal draft BTW.

In 1983, Erving, not Irving, was joined by Moses. Doc had been the leader of the 76er team since 1976-77. He took the Sixers to 3 Finals before Moses joined Philly.

More than anything, Moses was a hired gun to give the Sixers a consistent inside presence to battle Boston's all time great front court, and the Lakers' KAJ. During the early 80s, the NBA was dominated by centers. This is why no MVP was a non center until Doc won it in 1981 since Oscar in 1964 or there about.

Yes, Moses was the more dominant player for Philly, and was the most dominant player in the NBA that year, but Doc brought the team together. He could have battled it out ego vs ego with Moses, and tried to out score him every game. He didn't, and there's no question that he was still the 76ers best all around player on the team and he made it work out chemistry wise.

What I can't figure out is this : Magic and Bird had great centers or great front courts with them their entire careers, and no one holds this against them. Doc finally gets a great center and promptly wins a title, and he gets less credit. WTH?

Dragic4Life
08-26-2014, 01:12 PM
This is an insult to Lebron smh.:facepalm

stanlove1111
08-26-2014, 05:12 PM

There was nobody around who thought the Nuggets had a chance of winning the title in 76-77 because they didn't. They were not really a serious contender at all.

Irving went to a much better team in Phila then he had in NJ and he didn't win it.,

stanlove1111
08-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Dr. J, King of the ABA

King of the second best league in the world.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-26-2014, 05:16 PM

This better be a perma ban.

stanlove1111
08-26-2014, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Dr.J4ever]Nice:applause:

Yes, Moses was the more dominant player for Philly, and was the most dominant player in the NBA that year, but Doc brought the team together. He could have battled it out ego vs ego with Moses, and tried to out score him every game. He didn't, and there's no question that he was still the 76ers best all around player on the team and he made it work out chemistry wise.

QUOTE]

No Moses was the best all around player on Phila and its not even close. Not sure why you are trying this,

Kblaze8855
08-26-2014, 05:20 PM
There was nobody around who thought the Nuggets had a chance of winning the title in 76-77 because they didn't. They were not really a serious contender at all.

Irving went to a much better team in Phila then he had in NJ and he didn't win it.,

You dont strike me as someone who knows anything about the subject matter so im gonna leave that alone.

stanlove1111
08-26-2014, 05:20 PM
This is an insult to Lebron smh.:facepalm

Lebron is a top 7 player ever and Erving is a top 14 maybe..

inclinerator
08-26-2014, 05:23 PM
are ppl really arguing that dr j was better or just trolling?

TheReal Kendall
08-26-2014, 05:35 PM

:roll: :roll:

allball
08-26-2014, 06:08 PM
two of my favorite players. Doc is my all time favorite. most guys today never saw Doc at his peak prime from about 75 - 80 so usually aren't qualified to speak on it. I actually saw Doc play in person twice.

Lebron has more all around skill and is a bigger stronger player. Doc was a SF in a SG body.

When Doc came up only PGs really worked on ballhandling like crazy as a rule and guys weren't playing AAU at 10 years old so one might see Doc and compare him to a player today who has spent more time on ballhandling and skills and say that guy is superior to Doc but put them head to head and Doc's superior talent will dominate (hence these statements Doc would be Caron Butler in today's league)

However Lebron also has superior talent and even though Doc is my all time fave, I give Lebron the edge, however it's not NEARLY as huge a margin as some think.

If Doc grew up today working on skills from say 5th grade to adulthood with the talent he was blessed with that would be just scary.

for career Doc didn't win many ships because he was surrounded by good players but not HOFers. in 77 when they lost to the Blazers, World B, Dawkins and Collins were young and the Sixers suffered numerous injuries. Doc was playing damn near by himself.

The league favored big men and most teams had top centers. Even the Bullets and Sonics had guys like Unseld, Silas and Sikma. Doc had Caldwell Jones and Dawkins. when he got a HOF center they dominated.

HurricaneKid
08-26-2014, 06:36 PM
I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

Can you imagine if I was aguing that Michael Gordan wasn't as good as Bill Russell?

In 1983 Kyrie hadn't even been born. So he certainly wasn't the best player on the team.

So I tried to bring you back. "Hey, Its not spelled GORDAN."

And you kept arguing that Gordan wasn't that great.

ERVING.

Dr JUUUUUUUuuuuulius ERRRrrrrving

Stringer Bell
08-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Lebron is a better player. Big advantages in defending and ball-handling. Better passer, outside & mid-range shooter

two of my favorite players. Doc is my all time favorite. most guys today never saw Doc at his peak prime from about 75 - 80 so usually aren't qualified to speak on it. I actually saw Doc play in person twice.

Lebron has more all around skill and is a bigger stronger player. Doc was a SF in a SG body.

When Doc came up only PGs really worked on ballhandling like crazy as a rule and guys weren't playing AAU at 10 years old so one might see Doc and compare him to a player today who has spent more time on ballhandling and skills and say that guy is superior to Doc but put them head to head and Doc's superior talent will dominate (hence these statements Doc would be Caron Butler in today's league)

However Lebron also has superior talent and even though Doc is my all time fave, I give Lebron the edge, however it's not NEARLY as huge a margin as some think.

If Doc grew up today working on skills from say 5th grade to adulthood with the talent he was blessed with that would be just scary.

for career Doc didn't win many ships because he was surrounded by good players but not HOFers. in 77 when they lost to the Blazers, World B, Dawkins and Collins were young and the Sixers suffered numerous injuries. Doc was playing damn near by himself.

The league favored big men and most teams had top centers. Even the Bullets and Sonics had guys like Unseld, Silas and Sikma. Doc had Caldwell Jones and Dawkins. when he got a HOF center they dominated.

Some interesting points.

The 77' team also had a bad rep for selfishness.

Lebron23
08-27-2014, 03:17 PM
I like Dr. J, but the Lebron James is a top 8 player of all time, and tied with Bird as the GOAT small Forward. LBJ is also a better all around player.

Marchesk
08-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Elgin Baylor is in the discussion with Dr J, but Lebron is up there with Bird.

Dro
08-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Another ignorant only titles matters post..If I ran board you would be banned for 2 weeks for that crap...It gets really old.

In 1983 Erving was not even the best player on his team..I will take what Lebron did with Cleveland over anything Irving ever did.

So you overlook his entire post, focus on the last sentence and call his post ignorant and crap. Good job bro. That should really push the spirit of intelligent basketball discussion...especially when you can't even spell Erving, calling someone else ignorant. I love this forum...

Anyway, Dr. J is criminally underrated...

Paul George 24
08-27-2014, 11:01 PM
I like Dr. J, but the Lebron James is a top 8 player of all time, and tied with Bird as the GOAT small Forward. LBJ is also a better all around player.

leberon is top 8 of all time :roll:

bird is a better shooter,passer,rebounder than leflop ever been

Kvnzhangyay
08-27-2014, 11:21 PM
leberon is top 8 of all time :roll:

bird is a better shooter,passer,rebounder than leflop ever been

Nah, he's correct

As a matter of fact, Bran has a higher case over Bird than vice versa

Cmon bro, at least watch some Bird before you talk

Angel Face
08-28-2014, 12:15 AM

:lol at Lebron's flop.

Cold soul
08-28-2014, 04:01 AM
I hate Lebron but this is easily him here over Dr. J.

Stringer Bell
09-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Dr. J is the one who got me watching NBA basketball as a kid. Still love watching his highlights, but objectively, there's no way I would rank him above Lebron as a player.

Duncan21formvp
01-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Tmac nor Vince is better than Wade. Wade is the best player in the 2003 draft.

bison
01-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Give dr j’s LeRoid’s HGH treatment and ho..ly..F*CK

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 12:01 AM
Easily Dr. J.

aj1987
01-26-2019, 01:46 PM
LeBron and it's not particularly close. Dr. J is in the 10's with Oscar, Brick, and the rest. LeBron is a top 3 GOAT.

Stephonit
01-26-2019, 02:29 PM
I wonder how many here saw Dr. J. There was a time even contemporaneous with Bird and Magic that Dr. J was the bigger star and the face of the league.

Rico2016
01-26-2019, 02:33 PM
LeBron and it's not particularly close. Dr. J is in the 10's with Oscar, Brick, and the rest. LeBron is a top 3 GOAT.

True shit, Dr. J is on par with Kobe and Oscar

Sorry bout it

This thread was made in 2014 but still

Manny98
01-26-2019, 02:34 PM
Both better than Kobe that's for sure

Duncan21formvp
02-25-2019, 07:53 PM
How so? Dr J would have been the best player in the 2010's.

305Baller
02-25-2019, 07:56 PM

:lol

Duncan21formvp
03-24-2019, 10:14 PM
:lol
Yeah it is funny. Lebron couldn't make the playoffs in 1st year with winniest franchise in NBA History.

SamuraiSWISH
03-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Dr. J was one of the most overrated players ever. LeBron easily.

Duncan21formvp
11-17-2019, 12:44 AM
Dr. J was one of the most overrated players ever. LeBron easily.
How so? Lebron always had to join two other stars in order to do anything. These players were stars before ever playing with Lebron. Imagine Dr J with Shaq he would have won the title. Lebron couldn't get out of round 2.

Duncan21formvp
12-10-2019, 12:58 AM
Both better than Kobe that's for sure
How so? Kobe has 5 rings for the Lakers, Lebron has 0.

Lebron23
12-10-2019, 01:15 AM
You are a terrible troll. Just stop posting.

Duncan21formvp
12-10-2019, 01:19 AM
You are a terrible troll. Just stop posting.
Was anything said incorrectly?

warriorfan
12-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Dr J has the legit greatest Finals Performance in professional basketball history

stalkerforlife
12-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Gotta go with the Dr. on this one.

Not only does he have possibly the greatest in game dunk ever, he's also quite educated seeing as how he's a doctor.

You have to consider the time he took away from basketball to study and eventually treat patients.

All things considered, Dr. J simply was better on and off the court.

warriorfan
12-10-2019, 01:31 AM
Gotta go with the Dr. on this one.

Not only does he have possibly the greatest in game dunk ever, he's also quite educated seeing as how he's a doctor.

You have to consider the time he took away from basketball to study and eventually treat patients.

All things considered, Dr. J simply was better on and off the court.

Dr J is a classy cat he

stalkerforlife
12-10-2019, 01:35 AM

Dr J is a classy cat he’s no hood rat getting his mom ****ed by teammates

Fo sho.

Classy fro.

Marvin Gaye music.

Three piece suit fitting just right.

Big ass grocery getting Cadillac.

Feather on his derby hat.

But a pimp hand that would make even Robert Chief Parish never think twice about his mama.

ZenMaster7210
12-10-2019, 03:38 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :dancin :dancin :dancin

You gotta love it...

Duncan21formvp
12-10-2019, 11:02 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :dancin :dancin :dancin

You gotta love it...
Yeah

PP34Deuce
12-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Dr J would probably tell you Lebron is better than him... I believe he called Lebron a top 3-4 player all time 3-4 years ago.

I've only seen highlights of Dr J. I can't speak on if he was greater or not. I'm not informed.

Duncan21formvp
05-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Wasn't Dr J the 2nd favorite player of Lebron and why he wore #6?

kawhileonard2
04-21-2021, 10:28 PM
Wasn't Dr J the 2nd favorite player of Lebron and why he wore #6?

I believe so.

kawhileonard2
01-02-2022, 07:38 PM
Dr J would probably tell you Lebron is better than him... I believe he called Lebron a top 3-4 player all time 3-4 years ago.

I've only seen highlights of Dr J. I can't speak on if he was greater or not. I'm not informed.

Dr J wouldn't say that, he definitely would pick himself over Lebron.

kawhileonard2
02-20-2022, 09:53 PM
With Dr J winning the dunk contest he stayed ahead of Lebron.

ImKobe
02-20-2022, 09:55 PM
You gotta love it...

Mamba still has more rings.

Bran stans FUMING.

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2022, 09:56 PM
Mamba still has more rings.

Bran stans FUMING.
....and half the FMVP.

ImKobe
02-20-2022, 09:57 PM
....and half the FMVP.

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1439620230557233152?

fuming

SouBeachTalents
02-20-2022, 10:02 PM
https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1439620230557233152?

fuming
You know you just posted a video where Kobe says Shaq carried them to a title and was the most dominant player in the world :lol

ImKobe
02-20-2022, 10:18 PM
You know you just posted a video where Kobe says Shaq carried them to a title and was the most dominant player in the world :lol

You're fuming. Just admit it.

kawhileonard2
02-21-2022, 11:35 PM
You're fuming. Just admit it.

:cheers:

kawhileonard2
03-30-2022, 11:36 PM

Has nothing to do with Dr J.

kawhileonard2
06-12-2022, 08:06 PM
....and half the FMVP.

Switching teams and stacking the deck. And still has less titles despite playing with much more talent.

kawhileonard2
08-12-2022, 09:18 AM

In 2000 yes.

kawhileonard2
09-24-2022, 10:10 PM
This is the real debate here.

Round Mound
09-25-2022, 12:07 AM
Lebron

WhiteKyrie
09-25-2022, 12:46 AM
VC > Dr J

kawhileonard2
10-02-2022, 10:11 PM
VC > Dr J

How so?

kawhileonard2
11-02-2022, 12:22 AM
Lebron was afraid of the dunk contest.

kawhileonard2
05-18-2023, 11:39 PM
Dr J would have broken Devin Booker in the playoffs. Lebron got destroyed by Devin Booker.

Devin Booker put up 47 his playoff career high on Lebron .....
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

1987_Lakers
05-18-2023, 11:52 PM

:oldlol:

Celtics 1825
05-19-2023, 02:26 AM
Man was ahead of the curve :lebronamazed:

RRR3
05-19-2023, 02:30 AM
Man was ahead of the curve :lebronamazed:
T-Mac and Vince over Wade? :kobe:

I love TMac but come on now (Hubie Brown voice)

HoopologyPhD
05-19-2023, 10:46 AM
Impossible to compare, bball in the 70s was in a weird space and Erving was past his prime by the early 80s

Full Court
05-19-2023, 05:09 PM
Lebron had waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy more choke jobs than the doctor.

hateraid
05-19-2023, 06:25 PM
I'm one of the biggest Julius fans here but to rank Jim above Lebron can only be fueled by hate.

SaltyMeatballs
05-19-2023, 07:45 PM
This shouldn't even have been a debate when this thread was created in 2014

Full Court
05-19-2023, 10:06 PM
This shouldn't even have been a debate when this thread was created in 2014

Agreed. We all saw what Bronie did in 2011.

kawhileonard2
05-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Agreed. We all saw what Bronie did in 2011.

Yep and 2014. Imagine Dr J jumping from team to team.