PDA

View Full Version : Can someone logically and rationally explain how Lebron is better than Dirk?

masonanddixon
08-24-2014, 08:57 PM
One guy made the Finals out West with no all stars and probably should have two rings

The other guy has lost 3 out of 5 times in the Finals and won twice with two other superstars all in their prime.

So beyond marketing, hype, ESPN, and race, how is Lebron the better player?

navy
08-24-2014, 09:05 PM
One guy made the Finals out West with no all stars and probably should have two rings

The other guy has lost 3 out of 5 times in the Finals and won twice with two other superstars all in their prime.

If you are hear to have a serious discussion why did you say Wade and Bosh were in their primes or were superstars when Lebron won his rings?

Wade 2013 playoffs 16 points on 46% shooting
Jason Terry 2011 playoffs 17.5 points on 48% shooting 44% from 3

Stop being ignorant and disingenuous and we can have a real discussion. Even though there is hardly anything to debate.

Lebron has better stats
More MVPS
More FMVPS

Dirk's 2007 MVP season failure was just as bad as Lebron's 2011 finals.
First Round Exit to an Eight Seed as an MVP
19.7 points on 38% shooting.

Legends66NBA7
08-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Explaining why would be a waste of time since I honestly doubt this topic was created for rational discussion.

eliteballer
08-24-2014, 09:07 PM
:oldlol: Dirk's chokes in 2006 and 2007 are as big as anything LeBron did.

masonanddixon
If you are hear to have a serious discussion why did you say Wade and Bosh were in their primes or were superstars when Lebron won his rings?

Wade 2013 playoffs 16 points on 46% shooting
Jason Terry 2011 playoffs 17.5 points on 48% shooting 44% from 3

Stop being ignorant and disingenuous and we can have a real discussion. Even though there is hardly anything to debate.

Lebron has better stats
More MVPS
More FMVPS

Dirk's 2007 MVP season failure was just as bad as Lebron's 2011 finals.

Have you considered that Dirk made Terry better and that Lebron's ball dominance hindered Wade?

Meticode
Explaining why would be a waste of time since I honestly doubt this topic was created for rational discussion.
Then you just wasted your time with this post as well.

Inferno
Does that make Dirk better than Kobe too?

masonanddixon
08-24-2014, 09:08 PM

No I am genuinely curious because I am one of the serious fans of basketball who doesn't see what makes Lebron better than several players who I am 100% certain are all better than him.

eliteballer
08-24-2014, 09:09 PM

Answer it.

Legends66NBA7
Then you just wasted your time with this post as well.

Well, I thought it would be best to warn the rest of ISH that this is a pretty dishonest thread.

masonanddixon
Does that make Dirk better than Kobe too?

Can we just leave other players out of the discussion?

I fail to see how anything Lebron did on Cleveland is more impressive than what Dirk accomplished out West with a similar cast and much stiffer competition.

Lebronxrings
Dirk is the GOAT Pf, so i'll forgive you for this question OP. The heat only had one all star, lebron James. Both bosh and Wade were done and relied solely on Lebron to take them to the promised land. Dirk couldn't do what Lebron did, beating tough competition.

masonanddixon
08-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Answer it.

Because Dirk's team wasn't talented and if you're going to toss in 2007, then toss in lebron's chokejobs vs the Celtics and Magic.

2006 was bullshit and the Mavs should never have lost in the Finals

navy
08-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Have you considered that Dirk made Terry better and that Lebron's ball dominance hindered Wade?
Wade in 2011 25/7/4
Wade in 2012 23/5/4
Wade in 2013 17.8/4/4

Have you consdered Wade has admitted to having bad knees and that's why he rest half the season?

Nice rationale discussion we are having. :oldlol:

Inferno
08-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Can we just leave other players out of the discussion?

I fail to see how anything Lebron did on Cleveland is more impressive than what Dirk accomplished out West with a similar cast and much stiffer competition.

So you're going to ignore his accomplishments on the Heat? And all his MVP's?

navy
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Because Dirk's team wasn't talented and if you're going to toss in 2007, then toss in lebron's chokejobs vs the Celtics and Magic.

2006 was bullshit and the Mavs should never have lost in the Finals
Lebron vs Magic? :facepalm

The Mavs lost because Dirk choked. Is it the refs fault Mark Cuban pushed for the rule changes to open the game and led to record perimeter scorng and free throws?

Is it the refs fault Dirk was missing free throws in the fourth quarter that could have ended the series?

blood yes
08-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Mods please delete this....

Oh, and btw OP, Dirk never had a monster legendary game that people will remember in 50 years. Kobe has the 81 point game, Jordan has the flu game, LeBron has the game 5 25 points in a row game.

Dirk has nothing of that magnitude. Sure, he has some 50 point games, but Dirk never had a dominant game like the true greats of this game had. BTW, LeBron has 3 games that are FOR SURE more impactful than ANY game Dirk ever had.

His game 5 against Detroit, game 6 Boston, game 4 Indiana

I understand u are a LeBron hater, but even for you, this is straight blasphemous.

navy
08-24-2014, 09:30 PM
More proof you are full of shit as if I didnt already need it.

Lebron 2013 USG 29.2%
Dirk 2011 USG 32%

Lebron Assist percentage 2013 30.5%
Dirk Assist percentage 2013 13.3%

Wade usage 25.3%
Terry Usage 24%

Lebron > Dirk. lol at bringing up the race card.

JT123
08-24-2014, 09:31 PM

Oh, and btw OP, Dirk never had a monster legendary game that people will remember in 50 years. Kobe has the 81 point game, Jordan has the flu game, LeBron has the game 5 25 points in a row game.

Dirk has nothing of that magnitude. Sure, he has some 50 point games, but Dirk never had a dominant game like the true greats of this game had. BTW, LeBron has 3 games that are FOR SURE more impactful than ANY game Dirk ever had.

I understand u are a LeBron hater, but even for you, this is straight blasphemous.
Ether. Dirk lost to an 8th seed during his MVP season! :facepalm
Dirk will never enter my top 30 after that massive choke job. :no:

dubeta
08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Player Efficiency Rating solves all these problems

oh and 2 rings 2 FMVP's and 4 MVP's >> 1 MVP (shouldnt count since he lost in the 1st round) and 1 ring

Hoopz2332
08-24-2014, 09:37 PM
:lol @ this thread

iamgine
08-24-2014, 09:39 PM

First you rationally and logically explain how Dirk is better than Lebron.

backb0ard
08-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Are you kidding?

Dirk's worst playoff series was 07 and he went from 24 ppg to 19 ppg.

Lebron's worst series in 2011, his season avg was 26 ppg and he went 17 ppg in the finals.

It's not really close. :roll:

nathanjizzle
08-24-2014, 09:49 PM
op needs to be banned from any basketball discussion.

JT123
08-24-2014, 09:52 PM
op needs to be banned from any basketball discussion.
You know your thread is a failure when this guy starts defending Lebron. :oldlol:

JT123
08-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Are you kidding?

Dirk's worst playoff series was 07 and he went from 24 ppg to 19 ppg.

Lebron's worst series in 2011, his season avg was 26 ppg and he went 17 ppg in the finals.

It's not really close. :roll:
Difference is Lebron struggled agains the best team in the West, while Dirk struggled against an 8th seed! In his MVP season! :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

pastis
08-25-2014, 02:59 AM

dirk 50 point game against phoenix playoffs wcf. kobe choked against phoenix two times.
dirk had a flue game with 39 degrees fever in game 4 (103 fahrenheit). had a game winning shot.

so stfu uneducated ghetto b1atch.

dirk is clearly better than kobe. that is not even a question. and he is probably better than lebron as well. lebron does only winning with super stacked teams, teams who are in the same stacked category like bryants lakers, jordans bulls or birds celtics. i have more respect for pau gasol carrying the lakers to two titles with a brick shooting clutch-failing clown in his team.
kobe would be before 2009 not even in the top 40. he has to thank pau and his stacked team that he is now considered as a boderline top 20 player

Kblaze8855
08-25-2014, 03:23 AM
This is the kind of question that makes it obvious the person asking isnt reasonable to begin with. So of what use is a reasonable explanation?

And then shit like this:

dirk is clearly better than kobe. that is not even a question. and he is probably better than lebron as well. lebron does only winning with super stacked teams, teams who are in the same stacked category like bryants lakers, jordans bulls or birds celtics. i have more respect for pau gasol carrying the lakers to two titles with a brick shooting clutch-failing clown in his team.
kobe would be before 2009 not even in the top 40. he has to thank pau and his stacked team that he is now considered as a boderline top 20 player

The rate of people making totally absurd arguments they at least appear to be serious about has never been worse....

Im doing everyone here a disservice by not deleting this nonsense.....

But its the offseason. Im trying to give a little extra wiggle room to the clowns since they have nothing new to discuss.

pastis
08-25-2014, 03:24 AM
This is the kind of question that makes it obvious the person asking isnt reasonable to begin with. So of what use is a reasonable explanation?

And then shit like this:

The rate of people making totally absurd arguments they at least appear to be serious about has never been worse....

Im doing everyone here a disservice by not deleting this nonsense.....

But its the offseason. Im trying to give a little extra wiggle room to the clowns since they have nothing new to discuss.

arent you a wade cksucker or a kobe? damn, dont remember.:applause:

ImKobe
08-25-2014, 03:25 AM
Dirk is a much worse Finals performer than Lebron and has less rings, one great run vs Lebron winning 2 rings & 2 FMVPs, 2011 Mavs were stacked with everyone going off from 3. You replace Dirk with Lebron and they still win the title.

pastis
08-25-2014, 03:28 AM
Dirk is a much worse Finals performer than Lebron and has less rings, one great run vs Lebron winning 2 rings & 2 FMVPs, 2011 Mavs were stacked with everyone going off from 3. You replace Dirk with Lebron and they still win the title.

ironic statement to hear this from a kobe fan. you could replace kobe in his 5 sidekick titles with chalmers and lakers would win.

Kblaze8855
08-25-2014, 03:29 AM
And it just got too idiotic for me to ignore.