PDA

View Full Version : Rockets after Bledsoe

Jameerthefear
08-23-2014, 10:09 AM
http://m.foxsports910.com/media/podcast-the-freaks-featured-interviews-TheFreaksInterviews/822-jeric-griffin-25201638/

Dragic4Life
08-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Give us Dwight for him.

ImKobe
08-23-2014, 10:16 AM
lol Rockets are stupid as hell man. They could have traded Lin and the pick for Bledsoe, instead they gave Lin and the pick to us for free :).

Walker
08-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Bledsoe can F right off imo.
The Phoenix offer in reality is over market price. Much better, more consistent, proven and less injury prone PGs are on deals equal to or less than the offer, including 2 in Phoenix already.

At this point I'd be happy to ship his ass out for a 1st rounder and expirers.

Dragic4Life
08-23-2014, 10:40 AM
The Phoenix offer in reality is over market price. Much better, more consistent, proven and less injury prone PGs are on deals equal to or less than the offer, including 2 in Phoenix already.

Agreed.

livingby3's
08-23-2014, 10:46 AM

Yes. The Suns need to not see Bled in their uniform in the upcoming season. The team jelled well last season under new coach Horny. They need to get rid of unnecessary distractions, the matter dragged on too long imo

QuebecBaller
08-23-2014, 11:53 AM
The Pistons should offer Monroe for Bledsoe

or

The Pels should offer Gordon for Bledsoe
(injury prone for injury prone and Gordon wanted to go to Phoenix, Bledsoe don't want to stay in Phoenix)

UK2K
08-23-2014, 12:07 PM
lol Rockets are stupid as hell man. They could have traded Lin and the pick for Bledsoe, instead they gave Lin and the pick to us for free :).
Why would the suns want another PG?

That's why you're not a GM. Just a delusional fan who thinks Lin is an average player.

YouGotServed
08-23-2014, 02:43 PM

That's why you're not a GM. Just a delusional fan who thinks Lin is an average player.

:applause:

Kidbasketball20
08-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Daryl Morey The Worst Gm In The League

Jameerthefear
08-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Seriously though...
Bledsoe
Harden
Ariza
Jones (if he's included in trade then the Rockets become even weaker at the 4 spot...)
Howard
Solid 5, but no depth at all.

ImKobe
08-23-2014, 02:59 PM

Because you're replacing Bledsoe with Lin, who in my opinion would fit well in Phoenix's system. And I don't get your last sentence. A delusional fan, who thinks Lin is an average player? What is he then? garbage? Better than average? I'd say he's pretty much an average point guard in this league, who at times gets hot and looks like one of the best in the game, and then turns around and looks like a D-leaguer.

Suns don't want Bledsoe for what he's asking, so trading him for an expirer in Lin + getting a late-1st pick in return is not that bad. It's better than what the Rockets currently have to offer anyways. Lin and the pick would have come in handy if they wanted a deal for Eric.

Suns worked with two PGs in Bledsoe and Dragic. Dragic and Bledsoe both played point with Bledsoe defending SGs. Lin has the size to defend either position.

Technically, you'd replace a PG with another PG, who's on an expiring deal and would not look for max the following season.

Too bad Houston pulled the trigger on the Lin trade, thinking Bosh was a lock. Now they are short on assets to make this trade happen.

Haymaker
08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
The Pistons should offer Monroe for Bledsoe

or

The Pels should offer Gordon for Bledsoe
(injury prone for injury prone and Gordon wanted to go to Phoenix, Bledsoe don't want to stay in Phoenix)

Perfect scenario. :applause:

UK2K
08-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Because you're replacing Bledsoe with Lin, who in my opinion would fit well in Phoenix's system. And I don't get your last sentence. A delusional fan, who thinks Lin is an average player? What is he then? garbage? Better than average? I'd say he's pretty much an average point guard in this league, who at times gets hot and looks like one of the best in the game, and then turns around and looks like a D-leaguer.

Suns don't want Bledsoe for what he's asking, so trading him for an expirer in Lin + getting a late-1st pick in return is not that bad. It's better than what the Rockets currently have to offer anyways. Lin and the pick would have come in handy if they wanted a deal for Eric.

Suns worked with two PGs in Bledsoe and Dragic. Dragic and Bledsoe both played point with Bledsoe defending SGs. Lin has the size to defend either position.

Technically, you'd replace a PG with another PG, who's on an expiring deal and would not look for max the following season.

Too bad Houston pulled the trigger on the Lin trade, thinking Bosh was a lock. Now they are short on assets to make this trade happen.
You do realize they already have IT right? So they'd have 4 point guards?

They're more likely to make a deal trading Jones+NO probable lotto pick then ever trading Lin and his 15m contract.

Meticode
08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
The only bright spot for the Rockets this season is Ariza. Everything has been done horribly.

stalkerforlife
08-23-2014, 04:15 PM

Respect. :applause:

YouGotServed
08-23-2014, 04:17 PM
You do realize they already have IT right? So they'd have 4 point guards?

They're more likely to make a deal trading Jones+NO probable lotto pick then ever trading Lin and his 15m contract.

He obviously didn't know about IT. Silly Laker fans don't even follow basketball outside of L.A. :facepalm

ImKobe
08-23-2014, 04:24 PM
He obviously didn't know about IT. Silly Laker fans don't even follow basketball outside of L.A. :facepalm

I know about IT. He's better suited as a 6th man.

And what would Phoenix do with Jones anyways? And wouldn't they need to add another player to match the salaries? If Bledsoe signs for the max, how is Houston going to trade for him?

And Phoenix would be looking at 4 PGs with Bledsoe staying. I don't think they want Thomas starting anyways. That defense will be picked apart.

brantonli
08-23-2014, 05:07 PM

O.o since when did the Rockets have a trade for Bledsoe that involved Lin and a pick?

Cocaine80s
08-23-2014, 05:14 PM
There is no top point guard that can play with James Harden. Unfortunately Harden will be the main ball handler so it would be a waste to trade for bledsoe.

qrich
08-23-2014, 06:43 PM

If you think Isaiah Thomas is better than Bledsoe......:facepalm

masonanddixon
08-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Seriously though...
Bledsoe
Harden
Ariza
Jones (if he's included in trade then the Rockets become even weaker at the 4 spot...)
Howard
Solid 5, but no depth at all.

Harden and Bledsoe are redundant

poido123
08-23-2014, 07:56 PM
There is no top point guard that can play with James Harden. Unfortunately Harden will be the main ball handler so it would be a waste to trade for bledsoe.

That is true.

Any quality PG who scores will be wasted next to harden.

Bledsoe better off coming to the bulls :rockon:

SwishSquared
08-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Isn't it technically possible for the Rockets to get both Bledsoe & Millsap? May wreck some more depth but if they sent NOP pick to ATL + Jones for Millsap (rest of salary absorbed via TPE). Then sent Papanikolaou + Hopson + Gee + Motie + 2015 first rounder to Phoenix for Bledsoe S&T (starting salary @ ~$14M). The HOU salaries should equate to roughly $10.6M, meaning they have enough to bring in a guy like Bledsoe in a trade. Sign Udoh to a minimum deal to add another big off the bench. Granted, these are swing-for-the-fences type moves for two non-superstars, but that's a reallyyyy good starting 5. Bench likely will be bleh but could potentially be addressed later. However with their current coach, the talent probably wouldn't be fully utilized.

Bledsoe-Harden-Ariza-Millsap-Howard
Beverly-Daniels-Garcia-DoMo-Dorsey
Smith-Johnson-Covington-Capela-Udoh

I personally wouldn't give Bledsoe a full max until he finishes an entire year devoid of any knee problems (a LOT of what he does is based off that athleticism). I also wouldn't go all-out to rectify earlier missteps, but Morey would with how he likes to wheel-and-deal. But the Rox would become a beastly defensive squad, especially if Beverly comes in and you slide Bledsoe to the 2. I think Bledsoe shot around 39% in C&S opportunities beyond the arc last year, too.

niko
08-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Rockets don't have assets to get this type of deal done. They don't have cap space to threaten to sign him, and their assets are weak. Rockets shot their load for nothing in the offseason.