PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Hornets Bandwagon Thread

Optimus Prime
08-16-2014, 06:52 PM
When I was a kid, I had a bunch of Charlotte Hornets gear because I thought the colors were cool. LJJ, Zo, Mugsy! Then, they moved to New Orleans. Once they came back and the Bobcats and were awful and boring, it was like :sleeping

Then last year, I started watching them again on League Pass. They were really interesting to watch. Playing good defense, and Big Al was an absolute beast in the post. Everybody knew what he was going to do, but it didn't stop him from setting up shop and going to work in the post. However, even with Big Al feasting, this team just couldn't score most of the time. Big Al saw a lot of double and triple teams, and the rest of the team just couldn't reliably make their own shot outside of Kemba.

Now the Hornets are back! The purple and teal! And they have been making some good moves! Lance Stephenson is just what the team needed, and I was hoping at the beginning of the off-season that Charlotte would sign him. I'm not a fan of the Marvin Williams deal, but he is apparently a "stretch 4", so he should be able to fill in for McBob. I liked McBob when he was on the Lakers, and I wish the Hornets could have kept him, but not at the price that Miami paid to sign him.

Barring major injury, the Hornets should improve and be Top 4 in the East next year.

1. Cleveland (with Love)
2. Chicago (assuming D-Rose stays healthy...big IF)
3. Washington (they should improve this year; Wittman being the limiting factor here)
4. CHARLOTTE :cheers:

Cocaine80s
08-16-2014, 06:53 PM
in.

lance is gonna be the #2 sg in the league behind harden this year

Legends66NBA7
08-16-2014, 06:55 PM
OP, you need an Atlantic division team in the Top 4.

But on topic, I think they could be in the hunt for their division title. Might consider them even over the Wizards.

Optimus Prime
08-16-2014, 06:58 PM

But on topic, I think they could be in the hunt for their division title. Might consider them even over the Wizards.

Shoot, you're right. :facepalm Easy to forget about that division...but I guess someone has to win it. :lol

Toronto then at #4. Charlotte at #3. Wizards at #5.

EricGordon23
08-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Im in

BuffaloBill
08-16-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm a Spurs fan. But the bobcats/hornets are my east team.

I like them even more that they got Lance. If they get Steph it's over.

Cocaine80s
08-16-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm a Spurs fan. But the bobcats/hornets are my east team.

I like them even more that they got Lance. If they get Steph it's over.
whos steph?

JimmyMcAdocious
08-16-2014, 08:02 PM

What's up with you and the Wizards?

BuffaloBill
08-16-2014, 08:04 PM
whos steph?

Wardell Stephen Curry II

Legends66NBA7
08-16-2014, 08:08 PM
What's up with you and the Wizards?

Nothing really. I don't dislike them or anything. Just feel they got overrated this off season.

Some have them as a clear cut top 3 team in the East (boldy even picking top 1), when I really don't think they are on a different level from teams like Miami, Charlotte, Toronto, Indiana (before George got hurt), etc... I would even vouch that Brooklyn is being slept on these days.

There's the first tier: Chicago, Cleveland

Then the second tier: Miami, Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta

Until the regular commences or some drastic changes happen, I don't really feel like the teams in the second tier are that much apart IMO.

SexSymbol
08-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Always was a bobcat fan, will have to be a hornet fan from now on

Real14
08-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Horrible thread.

Knicks get totally disrespected meanwhile these phucked up teams get overrated.

Craptors (3rd round virginz) (haven't made 2nd round since 01)

96- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
97- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
98- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
99- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
00- swept by my knicks in 1st tound
01- killed by iverson in semis
02- lost against stackhouse's pistons in 1st round
03- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
04- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
05- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
06- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
07- destroyed by vince and kidd in round 1
08- lost to dfright in round 1
09- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
10- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
11- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
12- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
13- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
14- lost in round 1 against the senior citizen nets

Gizzards (haven't made east finals since the 1980s)

96- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
97- swept by jordan in round 1
98- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
99- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
00- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
01- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
02- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
03- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
04- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
05- lost in semis
06- lost in round 1
07- lost round 1
08- lost in round 1
09- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
10- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
11- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
12- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
13- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
14- lost in semis

Bobcats- (semis virgins forever)

05- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
06- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
07- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
08- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
09- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
10- lost in round 1 vs dfright
11- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
12- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
13- NO DAMN PLAYOFFS
14- lost in round 1

CHARLOTTE HORNETS (3rd round virgins)

(Haven't made 2nd round since 02)

I rest my damn case:coleman:

Real14
08-16-2014, 08:31 PM
People got the hawks over the knicks for next season?:biggums: come on:coleman:

Le Shaqtus
08-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Charlotte is gonna be fun to watch :banana:

Meticode
08-16-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm not in, but I hope they're competitive. I relish at the thought of a competitive East where teams are scrapping. Wish Paul George didn't go down, huge blow. I'll be surprised if the Pacers even make the playoffs now, but Charlotte looks promising, the Wizards do as well and Toronto.

absalom
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Bout damn time. :rockon:

I'm gonna rep OP. :applause:

L.A.Hawks
08-16-2014, 09:24 PM
People got the hawks over the knicks for next season?:biggums: come on:coleman:

this thread wasnt about the knicks at all smh.

but yes the hawks will be better than the knicks. just like they were last year without horford.

ILLsmak
08-16-2014, 09:33 PM
When I was a kid, I had a bunch of Charlotte Hornets gear because I thought the colors were cool. LJJ, Zo, Mugsy! Then, they moved to New Orleans. Once they came back and the Bobcats and were awful and boring, it was like :sleeping

Then last year, I started watching them again on League Pass. They were really interesting to watch. Playing good defense, and Big Al was an absolute beast in the post. Everybody knew what he was going to do, but it didn't stop him from setting up shop and going to work in the post. However, even with Big Al feasting, this team just couldn't score most of the time. Big Al saw a lot of double and triple teams, and the rest of the team just couldn't reliably make their own shot outside of Kemba.

Now the Hornets are back! The purple and teal! And they have been making some good moves! Lance Stephenson is just what the team needed, and I was hoping at the beginning of the off-season that Charlotte would sign him. I'm not a fan of the Marvin Williams deal, but he is apparently a "stretch 4", so he should be able to fill in for McBob. I liked McBob when he was on the Lakers, and I wish the Hornets could have kept him, but not at the price that Miami paid to sign him.

Barring major injury, the Hornets should improve and be Top 4 in the East next year.

1. Cleveland (with Love)
2. Chicago (assuming D-Rose stays healthy...big IF)
3. Washington (they should improve this year; Wittman being the limiting factor here)
4. CHARLOTTE :cheers:

yea they had the best jerseys and logo for sure. Fun players, too.

Gill tho.

-Smak

Derka
08-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Wizards and Hornets are two of the reasons I'm upping League Pass this season. When the Celtics suck, its fun to watch teams who are turning the corner and trying to fight for theirs.