PDA

View Full Version : 76ers want lottery overhaul delayed

UK2K
08-02-2014, 01:25 AM
The rough draft of this plan was met with opposition by 76ers management, which is in the midst of a multiseason rebuilding project that is dependent on a high pick next year. The 76ers, sources said, are hoping to get the NBA to delay the plan's implementation for at least a year because it would act as a de facto punishment while just playing by the rules that have been in place.

Joel Embiid, the former Kansas star and No. 3 pick in the draft, is a key figure in the 76ers' rebuilding plan, one the team believes could be hindered if the NBA's new lottery changes go into effect next year.

The 76ers, however, may struggle to gain support from Silver or fellow teams for holding off on the changes. Philadelphia's planned sink to the bottom has caused a drag on revenues in one of the league's largest markets and has upset some other teams, sources said.

Im so nba'd out
08-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Tanking is gay i hope they change the rule and im a 76ers fan.

Magic731
08-02-2014, 01:28 AM
What is the proposed change?

UK2K
08-02-2014, 01:29 AM
What is the proposed change?
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/

Sarcastic
08-02-2014, 01:43 AM
They should leave the rules in place, and take away the Sixers 1st pick for admitting they want to tank more.

Im so nba'd out
08-02-2014, 01:57 AM
They should leave the rules in place, and take away the Sixers 1st pick for admitting they want to tank more.
nah thats too much just change the rule so our plan get fkd up and we stop losing games on purpose that shit is corney

Genaro
08-02-2014, 02:01 AM
It has to be unanimous? If not then fck them, change it anyway. Tanking is hurting the league and every year seems to get worse

Dbrog
08-02-2014, 02:11 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/

I actually like this rule a lot. Then again, it means teams that are truly shitty may stay that way forever...which is obviously awful for the league. It's a tough call but I really feel like it will help more than hurt in the long run. At least players will really try.

Akrazotile
08-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Where GOBB at doe??

UK2K
08-02-2014, 02:16 AM
I actually like this rule a lot. Then again, it means teams that are truly shitty may stay that way forever...which is obviously awful for the league. It's a tough call but I really feel like it will help more than hurt in the long run. At least players will really try.

Milwaukee has been awful forever. How is that any different than now?

The JKidd Kid
08-02-2014, 09:24 AM
I agree with them it shouldn't be changed until all of the picks that have been traded so far are used so that trades that were made in the past don't suddenly increase or decrease in value.

wakencdukest
08-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I agree with them it shouldn't be changed until all of the picks that have been traded so far are used so that trades that were made in the past don't suddenly increase or decrease in value.

I think they should change the rule immediately, screw the Sixers. I also think protection on picks should be banned.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-02-2014, 01:14 PM

This

AboutBuckets
08-02-2014, 04:13 PM

Lol thanks to you guys that would mean it wouldn't take place till after the 2017 draft

Jailblazers7
08-02-2014, 04:25 PM
This def won't go through immediately, when does anything ever get changed this quickly?

BlackWhiteGreen
08-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Lol thanks to you guys that would mean it wouldn't take place till after the 2017 draft

Only 3 drafts away. Every other proposal I've heard includes waiting, so why would this one not?

Styles p
08-02-2014, 05:47 PM
i find it really funny how other teams tank every single season and we do it one year and now they want to change the rules. yeah we tanked and we didn't even get the first pick we got the third pick and still got the consensus first pick in back to back drafts. other teams are in the lottery every single year(bobcats, kings, wolves, bucks) philly is in it for 2 years now it's time to change it. **** that cancer patient looking silver. they put this lottery system in place and teams create a strategy for the system and get punished. :facepalm

Meticode
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
This def won't go through immediately, when does anything ever get changed this quickly?
The Spaulding basketball design was changed immediately back to it's original in the middle of a season once players complained about how the new ball took irregular untrue bounces.

This past season we just had a new commissioner take over in the middle of a season.

Donald Sterling was suspended right in the middle of a playoffs as the majority owner of the Clippers.

longtime lurker
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Tankers gonna tank. Philly isn't even trying to hide it :oldlol: screw them I think this proposal doesn't go far enough. Every team in the lottery should have an equal chance at winning.

Jailblazers7
08-02-2014, 06:54 PM
The Spaulding basketball design was changed immediately back to it's original in the middle of a season once players complained about how the new ball took irregular untrue bounces.

This past season we just had a new commissioner take over in the middle of a season.

Donald Sterling was suspended right in the middle of a playoffs as the majority owner of the Clippers.

Comissioner change was planned WAY in advance. The basketball change is uncomplicated and doesn't involve a rule change. The Sterling situation was a PR emergency. The draft change is a whole different ball game because it impacts a ton of teams and past trades.

The thing is still only at the proposal stage without a ton of momentum behind any 1 proposal.