PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Telling Wiggins He Won't be Traded then Trading Him

JtotheIzzo
07-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Long term consequences on this kind of chicanery?

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't trust business men.

navy
07-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Long term consequences on this kind of chicanery?
Wiggins is headed to NBA siberia. Get out quick kid. :(

DukeDelonte13
07-31-2014, 01:53 PM
5.5 million a year. It's what you sign up for.

Jailblazers7
07-31-2014, 01:54 PM
He should publish an angry Dan Gilbert style letter about how he is a two-faced coward. Either that or reach out to Prince and become his best friend.

But seriously, I'd love to see Wiggins and Lavine both pan out and become the funnest backcourt in the league.

NattyPButter
07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
He was so excited to come here to...last time you'll see that in a kid until Lebron's kids play.

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 01:59 PM
yea...Im willing to bet you've never been here, so please STFU.

Milbuck
07-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Minneapolis isn't that shitty. And they could have something pretty special in a Wiggins-Lavine duo, who are both 19 with tons of time to develop. Athleticism through the roof..at the very least they should be exciting to watch.

wally_world
07-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Bron/Cavs are the biggest hypocrites in the L, not surprised

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Bron/Cavs are the biggest hypocrites in the L, not surprised
:roll:

Geez. Do you really think that Wiggins is the first one thats been lied to saying he wont be traded, or the Cavs are the only team to do this?

I bet it happens way more often than not.

GimmeThat
07-31-2014, 02:08 PM
Wiggins is either going to become closer with his agent from this experience, or become more distance away from him/her.

it all depended on what his agent has been telling him about the NBA business.

NattyPButter
07-31-2014, 02:10 PM

Geez. Do you really think that Wiggins is the first one thats been lied to saying he wont be traded, or the Cavs are the only team to do this?

which number 1 pick player got traded after signing with their team? But Cavs could do such a dumb thing

JtotheIzzo
07-31-2014, 02:10 PM

It happens all the time, and it is a business, but it is just the way in which they were so adamant about him not being included only to pull a complete about face.

Its very strong irony from a franchise that felt betrayed previously. Wiggins had a good attitude about going there (even pre-Bran), its just funny to see all that goodwill go to waste.

As for him and Lavine, I really would like that, but I do not think Lavine will pan out (I hope I am wrong).

Rubio
Wiggins
Lavine
Bennett
Pekovic

won't win much but will be a lot of fun to watch and will generate a ton of highlights.

Levity
07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Rubio
Wiggins
Lavine
Bennett
Pekovic

My god. that team would be amazingly fun to watch in the open court. Very good complimentary players to rubio. but desperately lack shooters and rim protection

navy
07-31-2014, 02:16 PM
yea...Im willing to bet you've never been here, so please STFU.
Good city. Basketball hell.

IncarceratedBob
07-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Shaq "I love Orlando, there is no where I rather be"

Two weeks later he signed with the Lakers...

Morey "We love Jeremy [Lin], he's a big part of our future"

12 hours later he was a Laker

LeBron " I love Miami, I'm gonna finish my career here"

Four years later, He's in Cleveland.

This is the NBA.

JtotheIzzo
07-31-2014, 02:18 PM
My god. that team would be amazingly fun to watch in the open court. Very good complimentary players to rubio. but desperately lack shooters and rim protection

exactly...Minny has issues.

FireMcFailPlease
07-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Good city. Basketball hell.
Yea when you combine horrible GM's, horrible coaching, and horrible luck in the lottery...youll get that.

tontoz
07-31-2014, 02:29 PM
What were they supposed to do, tell him he might be traded? Then if he ended up staying with the team he would always feel like they were close to trading him and didn't believe in him.

Honesty isn't always the best policy. I can certainly see why a GM would say he plans to keep a player, that they value him highly, until they trade him. Trades don't always go through.

hawkfan
07-31-2014, 02:32 PM

He'll leave and go to Toronto.