PDA

View Full Version : would KOBE have all his 1st Nba Teams selections...

pastis
07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
if he had the same competition for his SG spot like Garnett, Duncan, Dirk for the PF spot?:confusedshrug:

AirTupac
07-30-2014, 02:37 PM
It's Kobe. He would dominate PF's

rule1223
07-30-2014, 02:42 PM
are u suggesting he would have less all-nbas against weaker competition? use ur brain

choppermagic
07-30-2014, 02:43 PM
It's Kobe. He would dominate PF's

Pretty much this.

Dont forget this guy won three rings when he was still a kid and plays in the marquee team of the NBA. He was also being touted as the next MJ too, so he would have bumped those guys out of their spots if put in the same category. So it's THOSE guys, who are lucky. When it comes to voted spots, not everything makes the most sense.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
competition for the SG spot has been pretty good throughoout Kobe's career...we got Carter, Allen, TMac, Wade, Iverson etc..

i do think some of the LA hype and has popularity in general has contributed to some of those selections...

I'd take Wade over him for first team in 09, 10, 11....TMac for 03 and probably 04 as well...and maybe even Harden for 13..

SOD 21
07-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I agree with the original poster that peers of Kobe Bryant like Dwayne Wade, Allen Iversen, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady or anyone else is nowhere near his talent, achievements, accolades and skill level; not to mention defensive prowess.

It is a very astute observation by the original poster of the chasm between Kobe and his competitors.

pastis
07-30-2014, 02:46 PM
are u suggesting he would have less all-nbas against weaker competition? use ur brain

so what was his competition for his SG spot?

for the PF it was DUncan, Garnett, Dirk, Webber etc (greatest PF era)

pastis
07-30-2014, 02:50 PM
competition for the SG spot has been pretty good throughoout Kobe's career...we got Carter, Allen, TMac, Wade, Iverson etc..

i do think some of the LA hype and has popularity in general has contributed to some of those selections...

I'd take Wade over him for first team in 09, 10, 11....TMac for 03 and probably 04 as well...and maybe even Harden for 13..

but are TMac (no longevity), Carter, Allen in the same category for competition like Dirk, Duncan, Garnett? (greatest PF era)i dont think so.

fpliii
07-30-2014, 02:50 PM
if he had the same competition for his SG spot like Garnett, Duncan, Dirk for the PF spot?:confusedshrug:
Just a note, there's no SG spot on All-NBA teams. It's two guards, two forwards, one center.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Just a note, there's no SG spot on All-NBA teams. It's two guards, two forwards, one center.

this as well....There have been a crapload of good 1s throughout Kobe's career..

pastis
07-30-2014, 02:57 PM

brilliant. so we can add james, durant etc as a competition for the foward spots as well.

:applause:

fpliii
07-30-2014, 02:58 PM
brilliant. so we can add james, durant etc as a competition for the foward spots as well.

:applause:
Don't forget Nash, Kidd, CP3, Payton, etc.

I don't care about media awards or accolades at all, but it's not like the guard slots were deficient of talent. :confusedshrug:

pastis
07-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Don't forget Nash, Kidd, CP3, Payton, etc.

I don't care about media awards or accolades at all, but it's not like the guard slots were deficient of talent. :confusedshrug:

of course he had some good competition. hell its the nba. but is it comparable with the competition for the foward spots?

kobe stans praising his 11 or so first nba selections. cant imagine having this much selections with a Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Durant etc competition

fpliii
07-30-2014, 03:03 PM
of course he had some good competition. hell its the nba. but is it comparable with the compeition for the foward spots?

kobe stans praising his 11 or so first nba selection. cant imagine having this much selections with a Dirk, Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Durant etc competition
Don't even look at the All-NBA teams my dude. Like all of the guys you named (except KD, but he'll get there), Kobe produced a ton of quality seasons. :confusedshrug:

I don't know what to tell you.

GODbe
07-30-2014, 03:25 PM
He'd have more.

K Xerxes
07-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Kobe has been very good for a very long amount of time. His consistency from 01 to 13 is all time great and this is a testament to that.

Jlamb47
07-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Its kobe bryant hell yeah, imagine if Kobe was a PF he would dominate that position. Kobe post moves = elite
he woudl be a garnett with a shot like dirk

ThePhantomCreep
07-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Lol @ Harden.

You wouldn't have to "replace" Kobe with Wade in 2009 and 2010--Wade made 1st team both years. Ditto Tmac in 2003.