PDA

View Full Version : Most hated NBA players of all time (by coaches and other players)

played0ut
07-26-2014, 07:39 PM
So no, your dislike for Bron/Kobe/Jordan/Wilt don't count. Which players did other players hate?

Give reasons and anecdotes, or links if you have them. (I love properly cited shit)

1) Bill Laimbeer

Everyone hated him. The Pistons as a whole were disliked, but they accepted it as part of the game. Except for Bill. Larry Bird said he was ok with getting clobbered except Bill would try to maim you.

@ 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMYNxW6Mqs

Of the Pistons, Scottie only hated Rodman and Bill. He became friends with Rodman after, though.

2) John Stockton. All the guards called him a dirty bastard when he played. Funnily enough he's civil, low-key, and pretty nice IRL.

2) Karl Malone, maybe. The most lethal weapons ever in the NBA. Stitches on Isiah THomas. He legit knocked out Robinson.
>He split some guy's head open pre-NBA, and ruined that guy's career. He wouldn't even apologize for it until his coach made him.
>Hit on Kobe's wife

3) Reggie Miller. Not so much hated, but he would annoy the hell out of everybody. He made MJ attack him. :oldlol: Patrick Ewing hated him haha.

I know some of you guys have ADHD or are autistic, but you guys should watch this clip on Reggie and his trashtalking/complete harassment of the Knicks. It's 8 minutes but it's funny as ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656noCVKWLg

4) Gary Payton. Prolific trash talker who wouldn't even let you off the hook even if he sees you on the street.

(seeing Shaq in the mall)

"Remember that time when i crossed you over, big fella? I'm first ballot boy, first ballot!"

5) Vernon Maxwell. Psychopath. Jordan was dropping baskets on him. Tells Jordan, "I don't like the way you're scoring on me. If you do that again i'm gonna attack you."

Jordan scored another basket. Maxwell attacked him. :oldlol:

Probably Michael Jordan too when he played. He'd trash talk coaches and players. Against Riley's Knicks after he scored he'd look at Riley and make a movement of a golf swing, telling him that Riley's out of the playoffs and can go golfing now. :oldlol:

Who else?

J Shuttlesworth
07-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Bruce Bowen/Ron Artest

guy
07-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Rick Barry was hated a lot apparently. Many players, including Jordan, Bird, Magic, Pippen, Stockton, and Malone seemed to have a problem with Isiah at some point. Kevin Love doesn't seem be to very well liked.

played0ut
07-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Rick Barry was hated a lot apparently.

Really? 90% granny freethrow shooter barry?

07-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Rondo is hated by Ray Allen & Allen left for Miami.

I read somewhere rondo swore at Rivers and rivers had to be restrained. Later he took the HC job with the clippers.

In some press conference, rondo said he was flattered he was called a jerk or something because people don't succeed or advance in life without being one.

07-26-2014, 09:11 PM

Yes bill Simmons talks about it in his book.

There was a particular incident During a Celtics telecast. A trio (Barry, bill Russell, and the main guy whose name I don't know), they were showing older pics of bill and Barry chimed with something like, "look at this fool with the watermelon smile" Bill didn't take it well but somehow stayed pretty calm and civil. It is on YouTube somewhere.

Barry was definitely hated by teammates and opponents alike.

G.O.A.T
07-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Rick Barry was hated a lot apparently. Many players, including Jordan, Bird, Magic, Pippen, Stockton, and Malone seemed to have a problem with Isiah at some point. Kevin Love doesn't seem be to very well liked.

Good one.

Yes, the very same.

Yes bill Simmons talks about it in his book.

There was a particular incident During a Celtics telecast. A trio (Barry, bill Russell, and the main guy whose name I don't know), they were showing older pics of bill and Barry chimed with something like, "look at this fool with the watermelon smile" Bill didn't take it well but somehow stayed pretty calm and civil. It is on YouTube somewhere.

Barry was definitely hated by teammates and opponents alike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho3MtUkriko

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another guy you have to have is Elvin Hayes.

“For some players and coaches, being around Elvin every day is like a Chinese water torture,” John Lally, a trainer with the Washington Bullets when Hayes was with the team, told the Washington Post. “It’s just a drop at a time, nothing big, but in the end, he’s driven you crazy.”

mugiwara
07-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Chris Paul, just ask Boogie.

Magic731
07-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Latrell Sprewell. The guy just wanted to feed his family.

G.O.A.T
07-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Chris Paul, just ask Boogie.

Boogie hates CP

I love it.

ILLsmak
07-26-2014, 10:52 PM
So no, your dislike for Bron/Kobe/Jordan/Wilt don't count. Which players did other players hate?

Give reasons and anecdotes, or links if you have them. (I love properly cited shit)

1) Bill Laimbeer

Everyone hated him. The Pistons as a whole were disliked, but they accepted it as part of the game. Except for Bill. Larry Bird said he was ok with getting clobbered except Bill would try to maim you.

@ 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMYNxW6Mqs

Of the Pistons, Scottie only hated Rodman and Bill. He became friends with Rodman after, though.

2) John Stockton. All the guards called him a dirty bastard when he played. Funnily enough he's civil, low-key, and pretty nice IRL.

2) Karl Malone, maybe. The most lethal weapons ever in the NBA. Stitches on Isiah THomas. He legit knocked out Robinson.
>He split some guy's head open pre-NBA, and ruined that guy's career. He wouldn't even apologize for it until his coach made him.
>Hit on Kobe's wife

3) Reggie Miller. Not so much hated, but he would annoy the hell out of everybody. He made MJ attack him. :oldlol: Patrick Ewing hated him haha.

I know some of you guys have ADHD or are autistic, but you guys should watch this clip on Reggie and his trashtalking/complete harassment of the Knicks. It's 8 minutes but it's funny as ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656noCVKWLg

4) Gary Payton. Prolific trash talker who wouldn't even let you off the hook even if he sees you on the street.

(seeing Shaq in the mall)

"Remember that time when i crossed you over, big fella? I'm first ballot boy, first ballot!"

5) Vernon Maxwell. Psychopath. Jordan was dropping baskets on him. Tells Jordan, "I don't like the way you're scoring on me. If you do that again i'm gonna attack you."

Jordan scored another basket. Maxwell attacked him. :oldlol:

Probably Michael Jordan too when he played. He'd trash talk coaches and players. Against Riley's Knicks after he scored he'd look at Riley and make a movement of a golf swing, telling him that Riley's out of the playoffs and can go golfing now. :oldlol:

Who else?

lol mad max. Gettin salty.

I like GP tho... FIRST BALLOT. JOHNNNNN STOCKTON... boop!

edit: had to see that maxwell shit. @ like 8min I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu92R-UR12o

-Smak

played0ut
07-26-2014, 11:37 PM
lol mad max. Gettin salty.

I like GP tho... FIRST BALLOT. JOHNNNNN STOCKTON... boop!

edit: had to see that maxwell shit. @ like 8min I think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu92R-UR12o

-Smak

lol shit how'd you find that.

But those buckets he scored on him at that time. Lol dayam. With Hakeem right in his face too :applause: