PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith to Kings "deal is imminent, source says"

andremiller07
07-17-2014, 11:37 PM
Good for defence not sure with him and Gay on offence, Kings had to do something tbh they had to take a risk and we finally got a shot blocking PF, I would have prefered if we got Smith if Gay was not here but still they needed to do something team is garbage atm.

Deal involves Derrick Williams who was pulled from the SL game

Cocaine80s
07-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Mclemore, Gay, and Smith will be crazy athletic.

I predict the Kings get the #1 pick next year

Milbuck
07-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Monroe and Drummond are gonna dominate next year :applause:

KempSonics
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Who's the source?

Legends66NBA7
07-17-2014, 11:44 PM
A front court of Gay/Smith/Cousins ?

All talent, but highly questionable vision if those guys are your 3 best players.

Rubio2Gasol
07-17-2014, 11:45 PM
They need defense badly. I assume McLemore is heading the other way.

andremiller07
07-17-2014, 11:45 PM
A front court of Gay/Smith/Cousins ?

All talent, but highly questionable vision if those guys are your 3 best players.
That's a lot better than Cousins/Evans/Thomas or Cousins/Gay/Thomas tbh

andremiller07
07-17-2014, 11:46 PM
They need defense badly. I assume McLemore is heading the other way.
Pistons got KCP they don't need Mclemore, I'm assuming it's Derrick Williams + Landry or Thompson.

Jailblazers7
07-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Monroe and Drummond are gonna dominate next year :applause:

Yeah, this should be an interesting addition by subtraction scenario. I'm really excited to see how Monroe and Drummond play together in the situation that they were meant to play in. I wonder if this could help out Jennings too along with the coaching change.

Either way this offseason has made the NBA season very interesting next year.

JohnMax
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Who's the source?

http://i.imgur.com/0WwgilE.jpg

UK2K
07-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Cousins is a top 3, if not the best, Center in the league.

Dont **** it up by bringing in Smith when you could just give the ball to Boogie every play.

Dragic4Life
07-17-2014, 11:50 PM

Dont **** it up by bringing in Smith when you could just give the ball to Boogie every play.
agreed.

el gringos
07-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Great trade for the kings

JimmyMcAdocious
07-17-2014, 11:51 PM
I hope Jennings is part of the deal. Then JR gets traded to the Kings.

GOAT lineup there.

andremiller07
07-17-2014, 11:52 PM

Smith is literally 100 times better for Cousins than Jason Thompson or any PF we have, he's super athletic and can finish above the rim and actually catch and finish Cousins passes. Smith also has averaged 3-4 apg most his career and can actually pass the ball at a decent level.

The defence as well him and Cousins both average over 1 block and 1 steal per game, they can cause havoc in passing lanes and Smith will block shots as a PF.

KempSonics
07-17-2014, 11:55 PM
No one is reporting that a trade is imminent.

UK2K
07-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Smith is literally 100 times better for Cousins than Jason Thompson or any PF we have, he's super athletic and can finish above the rim and actually catch and finish Cousins passes. Smith also has averaged 3-4 apg most his career and can actually pass the ball at a decent level.

The defence as well him and Cousins both average over 1 block and 1 steal per game, they can cause havoc in passing lanes and Smith will block shots as a PF.

Smith also takes 3x as many shots as Thompson does.

Rake2204
07-17-2014, 11:59 PM
The Gay Smith Cousins trio that could emerge from this deal would be interesting to say the least.

andremiller07
07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Smith also takes 3x as many shots as Thompson does.
He obviously won't take as many shots with the Kings.......

hawksdogsbraves
07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't want Josh Smith on my team under pretty much any circumstances.

That being said, I don't hate it for the Kings. What do they have to lose? If they can get Josh under control, (ie only taking like 10 shots per game) then they could make that front court work.

ronnymac
07-18-2014, 12:06 AM
He obviously won't take as many shots with the Kings.......
That is what the Pistons thought. Smith is a serial offender when it comes to taking bad shot and disrupting the flow of the offense.

JohnFreeman
07-18-2014, 12:06 AM
I am going to hold my complaint until 10 games into the season.

andremiller07
07-18-2014, 12:08 AM
That is what the Pistons thought. Smith is a serial offender when it comes to taking bad shot and disrupting the flow of the offense.
He was the most talented player on the Pistons he's the 3rd most talented on the Kings, he won't be "the man" in Sacramento.

Beastmode88
07-18-2014, 12:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0WwgilE.jpg

Man watch this video please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YXc4k2CPY

That's some confirmation. :facepalm

buddha
07-18-2014, 12:12 AM
could be a good trade if the kings trade Gay for Rondo

Rajon Rondo / Darren Collison
Nik Stauskas
Ben McLemore
Josh Smith
Demarcus Cousins

I honestly think Rondo would be the best thing for those low-iq knucklehead chuckers.

hawksdogsbraves
07-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Nik Stauskas
Ben McLemore
Josh Smith
Demarcus Cousins

I honestly think Rondo would be the best thing for those low-iq knucklehead chuckers.

Now this would be a very interesting team.

I still don't think they make the playoffs though, a Stauskas/McLemore combo at the 2/3 is ridiculously, hilariously, horrible.

SwishSquared
07-18-2014, 12:17 AM

Nik Stauskas
Ben McLemore
Josh Smith
Demarcus Cousins

I'd guess Boston would include Green as part of the deal and he'd probably start at the 3

buddha
07-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Now this would be a very interesting team.

I still don't think they make the playoffs though, a Stauskas/McLemore combo at the 2/3 is ridiculously, hilariously, horrible.

Stauskas could be the next great white hope. McLemore sucks though, Shawn Marion is a free agent, he could be a decent stop gap.

JohnFreeman
07-18-2014, 12:21 AM
I would cvm if we get Rondo + Green

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Man watch this video please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YXc4k2CPY

That's some confirmation. :facepalm
:oldlol:

I agree. (nice quick edit, btw). If Kings land Jsmoove, they HAVE to try to get Rondo, preferably by giving up Gay and whatever else the Celts want. Rondo is the only guy who can keep it all in check w/ that potential roster.

The only untouchables should be Stauskas and Cousins (and JSmoove obviously). I say try to get Greg Monroe involved in a 3-team trade to send him to Celts.

Kings get - Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Jeff Green
Celts get - Greg Monroe, Derrick Williams, Kings 2016 1st rnd pick
Pistons get - Rudy Gay, Jason Thompson, $7m trade exception, Kings 2017 1st rnd pick

Kings roster would look like...:

Cousins
JSmoove
Jeff Green
McLemore
Rondo
-------
Landry
REvans
Acy
TOutlaw
Stauskas
McCallum Jr
DCollison

Still need a backup C, but I like that roster...kinda.

Dbrog
07-18-2014, 12:25 AM

Nik Stauskas
Ben McLemore
Josh Smith
Demarcus Cousins

:eek: :bowdown:

andremiller07
07-18-2014, 12:26 AM
:oldlol:

I agree. (nice quick edit, btw). If Kings land Jsmoove, they HAVE to try to get Rondo, preferably by giving up Gay and whatever else the Celts want. Rondo is the only guy who can keep it all in check w/ that potential roster.

The only untouchables should be Stauskas and Cousins (and JSmoove obviously). I say try to get Greg Monroe involved in a 3-team trade to send him to Celts.

Kings get - Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith
Celts get - Derrick Williams, Kings 2017 1st rnd pick, $7m trade exception
Pistons get - Jason Thompson, Kings 2016 and 1st rnd pick
I would prefer to try trade Gay + whatever the Suns want (aside from the untouchables) for Bledose, but I would like Rondo as well if it means moving Gay.

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-18-2014, 12:32 AM
I would prefer to try trade Gay + whatever the Suns want (aside from the untouchables) for Bledose, but I would like Rondo as well if it means moving Gay.
I'd take Bledsoe too! Btw, I changed that trade scenario. realized i forgot to actually include Monroe to Celts lol...

SwishSquared
07-18-2014, 12:34 AM
No picks involved:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=koqowjp

Who says no? SAC shouldn't take on Wallace, but they're kinda crazy.

Fudge
07-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Kings tryna stay mediocre for life. :oldlol:

hawkfan
07-18-2014, 12:39 AM
If the Kings can somehow get Rondo as well, this may work.
Otherwise, Cousins-Gay-Smith won't work.

Maybe Ben McLemore and whichever isn't traded (Terry/Williams - both are expirers) plus Travis Outlaw (expirer - salary cap purposes), plus a first round pick next year for Rondo.

Rondo
Stauskas
Gay
Smith
Cousins

At least it would be intriguing.

EricGordon23
07-18-2014, 12:42 AM
so is this deal almost done?

GimmeThat
07-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Cousins/JSmoove/Evans/Landry wouldn't be bad.

Evans is a great rebounder, while Landry gives you some good possessions in the half court.

Really liked Outlaw's game when he was with the Blazers, surprised he's only 29 since it seems like he's been in the league forever.

Agree with most posters, if they get Rondo, they'd be great.
Not sure how they could do though.

Or they could wait for Stauskus to develope.
Still don't know where they are getting the scoring from losing IT.

Didn't pay attention to the Thornton trade.
Collison/Thornton/Gay would be quite back court though.

WeGetRing2012
07-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Great trade for the Kings. They have been suck with the 4-8th pick in the draft for the past 8 years and no big free agents are going to Sacramento. This could turn their franchise around. 3 all-star level players.