PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is pretty f*cking impressive

LoneyROY7
07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Been watching his SL highlights...and wow.

I had no idea his jumper was already so smooth. His handles are solid considering his size, he's quick off the bounce, and has nice touch around the rim. Along with pretty impressive vision as well.

I always thought Millbuck was just stanning when he was hyping him up, but man, this kid really has the stuff to be a legit star in the league.

With him and Parker, Milwakuee is in a pretty damn good position.

Here's Giannis' most recent SL game that really opened my eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kwqFG2X7nI&list=UU-Ba10Rmz8pFivAVdQNeFyw&index=10

Smook A.
07-15-2014, 06:57 PM
He's a beast. Crazy to think he's only 19 years old and already doing this. Can't imagine what he'll be like in 4-5 years.

Should've been a top 5 pick in 2013.

Cocaine80s
07-15-2014, 07:04 PM
its arguable that a rookie Lavine is already better than him

Milbuck
07-15-2014, 07:06 PM
:cheers:

The thing I'm most excited about isn't his physical gifts or his skills, it's his mentality. He wants to be great, he has the intensity, work ethic, and arrogance that you need to be star. You can just tell it's killing him inside that all the media and general public is hyping the shit out of Jabari as the future face of the franchise, when he knows deep down that he himself has all the potential in the world to be that guy.

And it's showing in the Summer League. He's doing shit he was never allowed to nor had the balls to do last year. He's using his vision by running the point consistently...a 6'11" 7'4" wingspan guy playing point guard. He's going for poster dunks, demanding the ball, initiating the fast breaks, posting up, draining contested 3s in defenders' faces, being a maniac on defense. He's gonna cool down in the regular season when he faces actual NBA defenses, but the most important part is that he's getting confident. The development will come only if he has the confidence to try things, and right now he's showing that he's fearless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzwivCEFE4

LoneyROY7
07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
its arguable that a rookie Lavine is already better than him

You're trying way too hard.

outbreak
07-15-2014, 07:07 PM
He's a beast. Crazy to think he's only 19 years old and already doing this. Can't imagine what he'll be like in 4-5 years.

Should've been a top 5 pick in 2013.
In hindsight he should have but at the time he wasn't nearly this polished and had a strong chance to be just another big athlete who never puts it all together. He looks like he's going to be special now though, bucks will be fun to watch this season. Party at milbuck's house!

TheReal Kendall
07-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Damn! Highlights look great. Can't wait to see him and Parker do work

ArbitraryWater
07-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Milbuck, you think he'll ever be able to reach the Level of let's say, a James Harden?

GOBB
07-15-2014, 07:10 PM
In before someone mentions how tall he is, oops too late. :rolleyes:

Milbuck
07-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Milbuck, you think he'll ever be able to reach the Level of let's say, a James Harden?
I don't see how Giannis could get that much worse without raiding a Krispy Kreme and not showering for a month.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Split the pick and roll and threw it down just now :bowdown:

r0drig0lac
07-16-2014, 07:35 PM
is a beast

poido123
07-16-2014, 07:36 PM
:cheers:

The thing I'm most excited about isn't his physical gifts or his skills, it's his mentality. He wants to be great, he has the intensity, work ethic, and arrogance that you need to be star. You can just tell it's killing him inside that all the media and general public is hyping the shit out of Jabari as the future face of the franchise, when he knows deep down that he himself has all the potential in the world to be that guy.

And it's showing in the Summer League. He's doing shit he was never allowed to nor had the balls to do last year. He's using his vision by running the point consistently...a 6'11" 7'4" wingspan guy playing point guard. He's going for poster dunks, demanding the ball, initiating the fast breaks, posting up, draining contested 3s in defenders' faces, being a maniac on defense. He's gonna cool down in the regular season when he faces actual NBA defenses, but the most important part is that he's getting confident. The development will come only if he has the confidence to try things, and right now he's showing that he's fearless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzwivCEFE4

Go Go Giannis! :applause:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Our SL team is so ****ing awful, it's just Giannis, Jabari, and a bunch of high school JV caliber players. It's a miracle we're only down 20 right now.

poido123
07-16-2014, 07:37 PM

I see what you did there :no: :lol

GOBB
07-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Our SL team is so ****ing awful, it's just Giannis, Jabari, and a bunch of high school JV caliber players. It's a miracle we're only down 20 right now.

If Giannis was as good as you claim you wouldnt be down as much. 9pts and Parker has 4. :bowdown: :eek: :banana:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Parker has looked awful in every SL game i've seen...

red1
07-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't see how Giannis could get that much worse without raiding a Krispy Kreme and not showering for a month.
how does not showering make someone worse :oldlol:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 07:43 PM
If Giannis was as good as you claim you wouldnt be down as much. 9pts and Parker has 4. :bowdown: :eek: :banana:
Giannis is on pace for another 16-20 point game. We have around 2.5 NBA rotation guys on the squad. Everyone else doesn't have a damn clue what they're doing, and it doesn't help that Jabari is completely out of shape. The Jazz, Spurs, etc all have some semblance of team play and several guys who can consistently play in the NBA. I'm sorry if you were expecting Giannis to go solo all game and drop 50.

BlazerRed
07-16-2014, 07:46 PM
He's one of the most interesting players to me.. hope he makes something of himself :rockon:

BlazerRed
07-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Parker has looked awful in every SL game i've seen...
It's weird.. he was meant to be the most NBA ready but he looks far from it.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 07:49 PM
It's weird.. he was meant to be the most NBA ready but he looks far from it.
Yeah...With Wiggins i expected him to look like he has he's raw as ****...but with Parker i was expecting a polished scorer who could score like 15-20 ppg right away in the NBA on solid %s on a bad Milwaukee team but he doesn't look it at all...dude keeps missing layups, bricking shots and getting blocked....but it is just summer league

Thunderfan86
07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
His frame and length reminds me of Kevin Durant.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Giannis is not that great as I type him to be. He has a ways to go. Huge hands tho :eek: omfg

Ok

iDunkOreo
07-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Parker has been underwhelming so far (at least he has shown he can get to the line), but as stated previously, it is only summer league. I am drinking copious amounts of the Giannis kool-aid, though. His potential is off the charts. Very excited to see how he and Jabari develop.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Something something contrarian bullshit, pissy because my team didn't get Wiggins.
Ok

JimmyMcAdocious
07-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Giannis is to Jordan as Parker will be Harper.

Bucks have a bright future. Still need to find Pip, tho.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Dood his hands are huge!

Happy my team got Embiid. :confusedshrug:

6 turnovers 0 assists for your PG.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Giannis is to Jordan as Parker will be Harper.

Bucks have a bright future. Still need to find Pip, tho.

Giannis is more of Pip than MJ

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Happy my team got Embiid. :confusedshrug:

6 turnovers 0 assists for your PG.
15 points and 14 points for my team's future franchise players, with 7 minutes left in the game.

1 couch to sit on for yours.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:13 PM
15 points and 14 points for my team's future franchise players, with 7 minutes left in the game.

1 couch to sit on for yours.

How is PG working out for Giannias? How about defense from both of them? But but but Giannis blocked 2 shots

07-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Coolest name yet.

I'd like to see how "Antetokounmpo" looks on his jersey.

I can't believe I spelt it right on the first try. :cheers:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:15 PM
How is PG working out for Giannias? How about defense from both of them? But but but Giannis blocked 2 shots
You are fuming right now :oldlol:

Relax, you can still be a Wiggins fan. He just won't be on your team.

BlazerRed
07-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Coolest name yet.

I'd like to see how "Antetokounmpo" looks on his jersey.

I can't believe I spelt it right on the first try. :cheers:
He already has a jersey bro, he played in the NBA last year..

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:18 PM
You are fuming right now :oldlol:

Relax, you can still be a Wiggins fan. He just won't be on your team.

Fuming? Uhhh ok. :confusedshrug: Anything else you want to repeat?

My team will see your team in the lottery.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Fuming? Uhhh ok. :confusedshrug: Anything else you want to repeat?

My team will see your team in the lottery.
Repeat: you're a pretty shit contrarian. Just about everyone who's talking up Giannis is talking about his potential. Aside from the occasional joke, I've openly stated he's not even close to there yet, and he's going to lose us games this season purely out of inexperience. But please, continue acting like I'm already calling him KD's equal.

And will do, but try not to make the tank too obvious this time around. Maybe win one between the 26 losses.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Repeat: he's super tall omg freak omg the potential is enormous like his hands!

And will do, but try not to make the tank too obvious this time around. Maybe win one between the 26 losses.

Your team won 15 games and they werent even tanking. sixers won 19. :roll:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Your point? We ended up with who we wanted in this draft. You ended up with not only 1) missing out on the guy you wanted, but 2) the biggest health-related question mark in the draft. You guys are in no better position than we are, stop projecting.

SHAQisGOAT
07-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Really interested to see how this kid develops...

GOBB
07-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Your point? We ended up with who we wanted in this draft. You ended up with not only 1) missing out on the guy you wanted, but 2) the biggest health-related question mark in the draft. You guys are in no better position than we are, stop projecting.

My point is dont throw out winning games when your team stinks. And will next season. Sixers ended up with the best prospect in the draft who would've went #1 if not for injury. And his injury isnt a big deal.

Here you go b!tch read...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140716_Embiid_s_surgeon_optimistic_about_7-footer_s_future.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Going-Deeper-on-Embiids-Foot.html

I'm not projecting I'm rejecting your babble.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
milbuck don't fvck with GOBB. dude is vicious. he cray

The_Pharcyde
07-16-2014, 09:05 PM
A 76er fan making fun of a bucks fan for sucking

I have seen it all.

BlazerRed
07-16-2014, 09:08 PM
:yaohappy:

moe94
07-16-2014, 09:23 PM
My point is dont throw out winning games when your team stinks. And will next season. Sixers ended up with the best prospect in the draft who would've went #1 if not for injury. And his injury isnt a big deal.

Here you go b!tch read...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20140716_Embiid_s_surgeon_optimistic_about_7-footer_s_future.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Going-Deeper-on-Embiids-Foot.html

I'm not projecting I'm rejecting your babble.

Injury? Or multiple injuries?

Sportal
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Milbuck, what do you think of Jerryd Bayliss?

Always thought the dude had the talent, just used in the inappropriate capacity. He needs minutes, which he's never really had anywhere.

Good solid 15/7 player, at least.

GOBB
07-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Injury? Or multiple injuries?

Foot injury, what the hell are u talkin about?