PDA

View Full Version : Josh McRoberts Declares for NBA Draft

DatZNasty
03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
ST. LOUIS -- Duke sophomore Josh McRoberts will make himself eligible for the NBA Draft, a source with knowledge of the situation told CBS SportsLine.com on Thursday morning.

McRoberts has not yet hired an agent, the source said. But the 6-10 forward isn't expected to simply test the process, meaning it's likely his career with the Blue Devils is complete, barring a drastic change of plans.

McRoberts was considered a high lottery pick after last season before choosing to return. But without J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams surrounding him, the versatile talent from Indiana did not flourish the way many expected, and it's possible he'll be selected later this June than he would've in last year's draft.

McRoberts averaged 13.0 points, 7.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season. Duke lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament to Virginia Commonwealth last week.

Not a bad move, since his stock has dropped pretty much every yr since he graduated high school.

geeWiz15
03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
guy's garbage. if he didn't know he was garbage he would wait until next year to prove himself and go in a thinner draft. the fact that he's declaring now means he knows he'll just continue to be exposed in college.

SoCalMike
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Is it a good move in such a deep draft that is anticipated?

:pimp:

different107
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing he gets drafted late second round.

Duck Rodgers
03-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I hate Josh McRoberts....I've never wished an injury on anyone...but if I was going to....

DatZNasty
03-22-2007, 04:21 PM
guy's garbage. if he didn't know he was garbage he would wait until next year to prove himself and go in a thinner draft. the fact that he's declaring now means he knows he'll just continue to be exposed in college.
Yep, but you'd rather get exposed while getting paid millions than to get exposed in college. Plus, I doubt he's too excited at the prospect of playing with Paulus another yr

DeuceWallaces
03-22-2007, 04:24 PM
This is a terrible move. Needs a year to regain his rep and go in a thinner class.

DeuceWallaces
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Yep, but you'd rather get exposed while getting paid millions than to get exposed in college. Plus, I doubt he's too excited at the prospect of playing with Paulus another yr

He's already been exposed in college, that's the problem.

GOBB
03-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Do you guys realize who is potentially coming out in the 2008 draft? McRoberts is a potential lottery pick. Whereas in 2008? He'd be lucky to go...and you're gonna assume he steps his game up. Well him stepping his game up is gonna have to be avg a double double, being a player of the year candidate and leading Duke back into the top rankings. Also gonna have to make an impact via ACC tourney and NCAA 64 tourney. After all that is typed you guys tell me how realistic that is of him to do. Then we go back to the potential players who could declare for the draft next year in 2008.

It was a smart move because he cant have a duplicate season again next draft and luck out by going lottery which as crazy as it may sound could happen. Let me see Josh Mcroberts the junior at Duke or K.State Bill Walker and/or Micheal Beasley?

I dont see how he could help himself moreso than hurt himself by staying. To me he was a bit overrated in his talent so he might as well cash in his chips while the going is good.

SoCalMike
03-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you all think NBA talent scouts will be fooled if we all are not fooled?

:pimp:

raiderfan19
03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
id love for him to fall to dallas the end of the first(actually beginning of second since we dont have a first). not quite as much as id love for acie law to fall to dallas but still(neither has any prayer of happening though)

GOBB
03-22-2007, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=SoCalMike]Do you all think NBA talent scouts will be fooled if we all are not fooled?

You're a fool if you think there are no scouts and gm's in the nba who arent fools. :oldlol:

konex
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
He's not a horrible player. Shouldn't be a lotery pick but there have been worse players taken in the first round...

raiderfan19
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
He's not a horrible player. Shouldn't be a lotery pick but there have been worse players taken in the first round...
hoffa, joe forte and so on....

Qwyjibo
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
He's a solid player.

He could stand to improve his shooting range for the NBA but he's a smart offensive player and has the athleticism to stay in the NBA.

He'll go mid 1st round, between 16-20 IMO.

GOBB
03-22-2007, 05:13 PM

Horible is a bit extreme. I'm not a big fan of his but 13ppg 8rpg 3.5apg 2.5bpg aint that bad. Lakers could use him. Look how Luke Walton turned out.

Younggrease
03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Horible is a bit extreme. I'm not a big fan of his but 13ppg 8rpg 3.5apg 2.5bpg aint that bad. Lakers could use him. Look how Luke Walton turned out.

Exactly what I was going to say. I mean I absolutely hate duke but the Lakers could use a guy like McRoberts. HAs good hands, plays hard, can rebound, and finish. Plus he understands the game and knows how to pass. He isnt my ideal pick but it could be worst.

raiderfan19
03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
how mcroberts turns out will depend almost entirely on where he ends up. if he goes to a well coached team that will use him as a 7th-8th man(at least early) then he will be very successful. if he is asked to do much more early he will fail.

saKf
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
3.5 assists per game is a lot for a college big.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
mid to late 1st round pick. at best he will become a 7th-8th man. More likely, career bench-warmer.

A Roc 23
03-22-2007, 06:45 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? I'd love to have McRoberts on my roster.

He'll never be a star, but he's versatile and an ideal 6-8th man. Definately worth a first round pick, in fact I guarantee he'll go first round barring a severe injury.

wang4three
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
McRoberts problem is not physical, it's all mental. He doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder and being passive throughout the game. But when he does play with certain urgency he can be a tremendous player. I say he's a more Bogut type; not as good of a passer, but has more athleticism.

It's a good move for him. His stock has been dropping and another year with Paulus ignoring him won't help.

Duck Rodgers
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Was this the board where somebody was claiming he was a white Lamar Odom?

Rake2204
03-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread. I thought his dunk last night was noteworthy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqgbniYe6Q

Some excitement brewing in Charlotte. Hopefully the squad continues improving once the Hornets name returns.

oarabbus
03-27-2014, 08:22 PM
That was nice. McRoberts is probably a top 3 passing bigman in the league with Noah and Gasol. Maybe Spencer Hawes but apparently he isn't allowed to dime in Cleveland

wally_world
03-28-2014, 03:36 PM
He has a really unique skillset. Good range, terrific court vision, and people always forget he's a pretty good leaper (that was what he was known for in his early NBA days ainnit)

tomtucker
03-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread. I thought his dunk last night was noteworthy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqgbniYe6Q

Some excitement brewing in Charlotte. Hopefully the squad continues improving once the Hornets name returns.

looks like a fukking bum...........get a shave and haircut hippie :mad:

Proctor
03-28-2014, 06:10 PM
I hadn't watched a Bobcats game in a long time and I turned one on a while back and I legitimately thought McRoberts was Fabricio Oberto with that look of his. :biggums: